Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Is Being Arrogant A Sign You're In Sin?
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 7 (view)

Is Being Arrogant A Sign You're In Sin?
Posted: 12/22/2006 11:43:47 AM
It depends. But I would be careful on presumptious behaviour. I would always maintain a clear conscience and understand that it is important to be pure inside and to live in a good way.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 47 (view)

Ladies..How do you justify wearing high heels?
Posted: 12/22/2006 11:42:10 AM
Well I don't have to much of a problem with it. If they feel good in them, why not wear them?
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 3 (view)

Do you do anything special for the Solstice?
Posted: 12/22/2006 9:53:53 AM
Not really into solstices, I WAS, but I will say that everyday is an oportunity for a new and exciting beginning.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 35 (view)

first date- he farts in the restaurant!!
Posted: 12/21/2006 3:29:56 PM
Op I can only think about that thread another guy did about his dates hair comming off. This like that thread is not true, and I can't believe people by into this thread.

Folks she is just kidding!!

Yeah right a guy goes behind you and farts like that.....ok whateva
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 95 (view)

is hairloss a turnoff?
Posted: 12/20/2006 1:01:36 PM

The only time it's unattractive, is when the guy goes for 'The Donald'. If it's worrying someone that much, shave it. But as someone else posted, how would men feel about this happening to women?

To answer your question, to me it doesn't matter, it's just hair and if a women has hairloss , thats fine with me. I would be able to look beyond that and assuming she has a great heart, I would focus on that.

I would suggest that we all do it like that!!.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 16 (view)

Would the Ideal Christian be Recognizable?
Posted: 12/19/2006 10:12:52 AM
The Ideal Christian would be recognizable by the way they live their life and by the way they conduct themselves in their daily lives. You would know a Christian by the way they handle opposition, how they use sound logic and have a sound mind in how they operate in their day to day lives. An ideal Christian would be characterirized by self-control, a pure heart, being non-judgmental over silly things, being properly discerning over things they need to discern like right and wrong and with regards to doctrine. An Ideal Christian is someone who patterns their life after the doctrines of scripture and in many ways is not too different from what you see in other faiths such as Buddhism and many other religions/thoughts from the east. Obviously the doctrine is different and the understandings are different, but in many ways the lifestyle is very similar to other familiar faiths and is chiefly characterized by love, acceptance, wisdom, understanding, an enlightened conscience and a life of integrity.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 24 (view)

Religious Right selling vid games at WalMart.....
Posted: 12/19/2006 9:54:47 AM
I will admit that I am not really a big advocate of these sorts of games. I don't think that we should be going into the video game industry to "sell" what we beleive. I beleive in doing it the same way we did for almost 2000 years now since evangalism began, and that is by preaching and sharing the Gospel in a peacful non-controversial manner.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 98 (view)

What is your biggest turn on
Posted: 12/18/2006 11:29:06 AM
Physically...a nice cute smile.

Bonus points if she has a face and eyes that look like mine LOL
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 19 (view)

Is it the end of the dating world if you are not good looking?
Posted: 12/18/2006 6:29:20 AM
Eyesofblue, you are not ugly, don't say that because it's not true, you look really nice.

Nobody is truly genuinly ugly (physically speaking), if a bad attitude or personality shows up then yes that can make a big stain on a person. But in and of themselves, no one is ugly.

I do feel however that most people have missed the mark when it comes to knowing what true love is, they seem to mix it up with lust and infatuation and that seems to prevent many people from falling in true love.

I see too many great people being dodged because of something trivial pertaining to their looks and it's just not right and I feel bad for them
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2006 9:30:52 AM

Most people who say they want someone to want them for themselves and not their looks, dont take the time to help themselves look 'better'. Most people have at least minimum grooming habits, but men, especially, tend to not do anything else as far as 'looks' go. Flattering hairstyles, trimmed facial hair, good teeth, taking care of their skin, etc. Not to mention eating right and staying in shape. What's wrong with enhancing what you have?

The most sexyiest man I ever met was considered very average looking by most standards. But there was just something about him that made him sooo attractive. Confidence? The way he walked? The way he took care of himself? I dunno, but something was there, for sure. So it wasnt his 'looks' that attracted me first.

I agree that people can enhance the way they look and should put some effort into their appearance such as health/weight(not being to over or to underwieght) hygien , smelling good, having good teeth, being neat and having confidence in how you act and talk and hold yourself. That art O agree with.

But I am more thinking about those that CANNOT help their appearance, either for medical reasons, RACE (colour of their skin) Baldness, things that they have that they were born with and can'tr do much about (example;small penis, small breats, height among others) and there are more things too.

Those things it is NOT right to judge someone over.They are trivial and the person cannot help or cure those things. They are the way they are.

I can understand someone saying.."man/lady, I think you should try to work on your eight alittle because it is unHEALTHY to be that small or that big" or "hey try taking some showers and brushing your teeth and just take alittle more care off yourself based on hygien" these things are understandable to say to others, although again you have toknow HOW to say it to them without sounding rude.

BUT if someone comes up to you and says" Umm no thanks you are not black or you are not white, you ain't for me" or "um you're like bald, you look so ugly , ewws go to something about it and grow it back" or "Umm sorry your breats are to small for me babe, maybe some better luck with someone else" .....these the examples are the things NOT to say to others because OBVIOUSLY in both areas, they have no control over the matter. Thay are the way they are.

I got these quotes from people on the interenet that posted about their experiances when asking people out and they being rejected over silly stuff like that last three I mentioned. I felt so sorry for the three of those that got rejected in a such way for such a stupid thing.....that is UNACCEPTABLE and NEVER will be acceptable until people start to change their attitudes and their hearts around and start acting and talking with dignity and not like some hudlems or hyenas who only care about themselves and not about how they may effect other people.

If I rejected someone over something silly which I knew they had no control over or coudn;t help, I would not be able to look myself in the mirror because I know I wouldn't looking at a real man in the mirror but some kind of materialistic stuge. I sure don't want that, none of us do if we think about it in our hearts.

Dating and mating is a GOD GIVEN RIGHT AND GIFT to EVERYONE. It is wrong to deny anyone that right and gift over silly reasons, especially ones that others cannot control in any way. Show some heart and understanding and LOVE.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2006 8:58:44 AM

Well, big ID, I figure if you can't spend more than a second, you're not likely to get anythang good anyways, LOL!

EXACTLY, anyone who cannot look past the first second of a person and their appearance, will not and cannot be satisfied down the road. It's simple, if you are narow minded then prepare to be dissapointed.

Regardless of the "primal instincts" cr@p people that think that way and make instant judgments on people are not going to be satisfied and they should learn to take the time to get to know someone as opposed to being so apathetic.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 12/16/2006 7:13:48 PM

Seeing how a person is off-site should compliment what is presented on-site.

Just my aged wisdom (?) and opinion.

I agree with your post.

What do you mean about seeing how someone is off-site complimenting what is presented on-site.? You mean consitencey and integrity to what they said.

As for wisdom....age doesn't equal wisdom always. Not saying that about you, but just for many people that I come across that you think should be more mature and know better and they act like grade 9ers. Thats NOT Wisdom at all.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 12/16/2006 2:46:42 PM

Lust that people may feel for an "attractive" person isn't love. I believe love comes from the knowing of the person whom you love, and that can't usually come in one day, one view. Anyone that won't give you a chance to get to know you as even a friend then, is not the type of person that you should want anyways.

Anyone that won't give you a chance to want to get to know you as a friend OR a mate is not the kind of person you would want to have anything to do with.

That is just pure childishness and immaturity on the person who is so superficial that alittle kid has way more dignified views about life then they do.!!

Sorry that the cold hard truth.

Many people got to CHANGE and preferably soon, because why do you think so many peopel feel worthless, ugly, unwanted, sad, depressed, anxious, guilty and a shamed by how they look and even suicidal (yes folks it DOES happen UNFORTUNATELY) because they are constantly looked down upon as less class or second rate, or rejected and not given the opostunity to mate , date and start a relationship etc.

Remember.....having a mate is a GOD GIVEN RIGHT and to deny that on anyone , ESPECIALLY over stupid reasons is a crime.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 180 (view)

shaved bald men
Posted: 12/16/2006 8:03:10 AM
I for one have chosen to embrace my natural baldness with the confidence and pride that God bestowed upon me!!! If you don't like it

If you don't like it ....we got TWO WORDS FOR YA..... up >>>> yours

Well said Niteowl, I can't beleive how silly some people can get and how shallow and ridiculous they sound. I heard crack and drunk heads that sound more dignified and make more sense then some of these creeps.

Shit I mean the nerve of some people to say shit like that about others. It's just unacceptable and I have NO tolerance for shit like that against others. I apologize to anyone that may have gotten hurt by that stupid foolish talk.

You would have a hard time telling bald people or shaved headed people that to their face. Show some respect and dignity. We all as humans have to be treated with dignity.!!

Ratero-park-man

A question for Christian women
Posted: 12/15/2006 10:21:29 PM
As a Minister myself I now see that tradition seems to have disappeared in most Christian churches. I do not tell my congregation they must cover there head, but to this particular passage about 'head coverings' to be regarded it as a prophetic picture given to help us understand Christ and the Church.

To me a head covering is merely a symbol and in itself it can do nothing for us, spiritually speaking, but the Holy Spirit is the real thing.

The Spirit shapes our minds. It guides the way we think, validates our relationship with God, comforts us, and makes the words of Scripture come alive.

We need to let our heads (minds) be ruled by the Spirit. Because we feel or see why we all need to be covered by Christ. We need to put on the mind of Christ. as we are sinners, our head is very vulnerable.

Some of my lady member's will state to me I wear this hat or covering to 'keep out the evil'. However we cannot rely on our own head to keep us protected from evil.

Some choose to do it 'to follow' the passage based on scripture, or to help them is to be covered by Christ and keep our mind of Christ.

I am French and living in England that it was protocol for Lady's to adorn 'Hat's" in Church, or on "Holy days", or during 'prayer'. I will when visiting a church wear a hat 'just' because I like them. I know I am already 'Christ centered' a hat need not remind me of this.

You said some good information. I just want to correct something you said, the Holy Spirit, is not a thing but a He, being the Third Person of the Holy Trinity!

As for the theology you presented, you sound quite accurate I think.

I think the main point is that no matter how you look outside or how one addorns themselves on the outside, they MUST be addorned well INSIDE, thats what Paul said. That nothing wrong with outward adornment, but the real adornment if you will must be inside.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 1 (view)

Is it the end of the dating world if you are not "good looking"?
Posted: 12/15/2006 8:47:15 PM
I was just thinking from reading some peoples profiles and some peoples experiances to what they went through when single. With honesty, is it the end of the line for you if you are not what society considers "good-looking"? do you HAVE TO be a knock out for someone to accept you for who you are and love you for who you are.?

Do you have to look GREAT in order to be loved?

What do you people say and think about this. I know what I do, but just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this.

It just seems to me that to many people have their idea on upside-down.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 27 (view)

Beauty in the reality of a beholder over the shoulder holder
Posted: 12/15/2006 8:38:27 PM
Depends what those unattractive traits are though. If they are minor or trivial then surely a good character and personality should make up for them.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 17 (view)

NWA-TNA:Where do they stand?
Posted: 12/15/2006 8:15:58 PM

Nash is money. Paparazzi Productions is the funniest thing in wrestling today.

Nash is Nash, he is money for sure and he just has a way to bring living colour to other people and to himself.

Also as for announcers. What ever happend to Tony Schiavanni (sp) He was the BEST announcer. He made it seem so real and he was the best at that.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 178 (view)

shaved bald men
Posted: 12/15/2006 6:23:35 PM

It's easier to justify one's situation by slamming others for their preferences and calling them shallow.

Hey just wondering, what is there to "justify" what needs to be "justified"?

Their preferences don't make people shallow, it's what they DO WITH their preferences that makes them shallow or not. If they cannot overlook a minor flaw such as baldness/shaved bald head for example, or something minor like that, and they reject the person JUST BECAUSE of that reason then yes that is shallow. If thats not shallow, shallow has no meaning.

Now there are certain things that are more understandable to say "No" to someone over like a bad hygien or something that a person CAN control. But this among other things is different and to make a deal breaking judgment BASED ON whether or not a person has hair is shallow.

So having preferences in itself is NOT shallow but only if that preferance becomes a REQUIRMENT, then it becomes shallow.

People should be able to overlook such trivial things as this among other things. So to have something like baldness come between a relationship is shallow and superficial.
 Ratero-park-man

Beauty in the
Posted: 12/15/2006 6:14:05 PM

Aww guda ... you sound so sweet.....don't change for anyone ....beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and yes our perception can change.

She is right, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. Just be yourself. If anyone has to change it would be those bimbos.!! If they new any better.

lol I would change them if I could in a heartbeat !!!!!lol
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 22 (view)

Beauty in the
Posted: 12/15/2006 3:32:37 PM
^^^ sir I am really sorry to hear that and regarding your wife.

It is outragious how shallow and superficial people can be and it's disgusting really. How many people mindlessly don't even think about what they are doing.

One can be a great person have all the important things a person should have and yet if there is a minor phsyical flaw on them, many people just would reject them based on that one little flaw. That is just shallow and narrowmindedness.

if they weren't shallow, they would be ABLE to take the time to get to know the person and NOT LET SOME LITTLE THING GET INT THE WAY BETWEEN THEM AND GETTING TO KNOW SOMEONE WHO MAY BE THEIR SOUL MATE!!!! Thats were people fall short and thats why people are not satisfied in many pf their relationships because because they didn't get to know another person enough and everything for them (the deal maker or breaker ) was the other persons appearance, and that just never works.

People seriously need to grow up, especially the older you get. It's good to be a GOOD example to us younger people and NOT be like many younger immature people. In fact it seems that many younger people (people around my age give or take 5 or so years) act more mature and are wiser in their discernments then many people over 40 on this site, and that is surprising, dissappointing and in a way I am thankful too, because it shows that many young people have more of a head on their shoulder then (some/many) people in their late 30's and up.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 5 (view)

Why dont guys just tell you there not into you
Posted: 12/15/2006 1:48:35 PM
OP

It goes both ways. People have talked to me many times and they were not open about how they truly felt about me , so it happens to us guys too. It's not good , but it happens and I hope that people realize it.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 34 (view)

Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 12/15/2006 1:38:37 PM
I would, since the whole "Metrosexual" thing has gotten so big I know a few guys who do it. I even know a couple guys who use their girlfriends hair straighteners!!

It depends what the make up is for. Some may need it to cover up an injury or something. But for a guy to just put on make-up just for aesthetic appeal , to "look nice" is just a perversion and that IS what it is. It is effeminate to do that. Again (sometimes) they may have it for a various reasons that have nothing to do with aesthetics, but LISTEN EVERYONE, a man does not need to look aesthetically pleasing or beautiful in the same way a woman does, that is a blatent perversion. A man needs to be characterized by courage, inner and outer strength and integrity and hunour all stemming from his character which comes from the person within. Shame on people trying to make guys into soemthing they are not.

LET MEN BE MEN!! and let WOMEN BE WOMEN!! anything else is a perversion!!!!

Ladies how would you like it if a guy told you to grow your leg and body hair, go to the gym every morning, pump iron, maybe shave your head frequently and don't do anything with your facial hair, if it grow then it grow.

How would that sound? You would say no way!!!! .... I think anyways.lol Why is it that a guy having back hair or being bald or short or whatever is criticized but when people want him to wear make up?? that is jhust perversion and going AGAINST what it is to be a man.

****GUYS.... DO NOT let anyone tell you how you are to look. YOU LOOK THE WAY YOU WANT TO LOOK.

It is whats inside that accounts anyway, shame on people for being so vain and superficial.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 22 (view)

Whats the biggest misperception people have about you?
Posted: 12/15/2006 1:31:53 PM
There is a few. I may seem shy at first or not that sociable (at first) but I open up and then they would see me in a brighter light.

Also sometimes I get the feeling (and I have been told this by some people) that initially, I may look (to some) alittle intimitating for various reasons, but once they get to know me they see the "big teddy bear in me". frankly all they have to do is just talk to me and they will see the good qualities in me.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 12/15/2006 1:26:40 PM

"an average woman can become more beautiful if her personality is good"..the trick is to give that average woman a chance so you have time to see her glowing personality...if u pass her buy, its a missed opportunity

I agree, and the SAME goes for that 'average guy'. You have to give him the chance to glow it out , and if you don't, then you missed a great opurtunity.
Too many people BOTH GENDERS do that and they miss out on a great oportunity and a great
person. it is foolish to just pass by someone based on initial or outside appearance.
 Ratero-park-man

Posted: 12/15/2006 1:18:39 PM
^^^true

Wesolych Swiat!!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 12 (view)

prejudice on the site
Posted: 12/15/2006 1:10:06 PM
OP

Unfortunately this sort of crap happens alot on here and elsewhere. People act like they don't have a conscience and it has bothered me for a long time how silly people can get and how blatenty crule, hypocritical, selfish , shallow ect. I hope that people can find it in them to change because many people seem to act like a bunch of nut cases.
 Ratero-park-man

Posted: 12/15/2006 1:00:26 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and anyone who thinks that it's what the society "as a whole" thinks is beautiful that is, is just not getting the point or the reality for that matter.
 Ratero-park-man

tall girls?
Posted: 12/15/2006 12:58:19 PM
I have no problem with tall girls. They can be cute too.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 11 (view)

tall girls?
Posted: 12/15/2006 12:58:14 PM
I have no problem with tall girls. They can be cute too.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 177 (view)

shaved bald men
Posted: 12/15/2006 12:52:55 PM
Daisie..Im with ya' baby.....SHAVED HEADS" Big"Turn Off..Yukkkk!! Puke! I Love men "in their Natural state..Long,clean,Dreds,Braids,Straight...Much sexier, something to Grab on too..like some of the Native American men....10 yrs from now, the "Shaved Head" men will look back and see how "Ugly" they really did look.....Laughing..

Not sure Iwould be the one talking if I were you. I don't know if you are just in a bad mood, or are drunk/stoned or are just a creep or nutcase, but those words were just stupid and beyond ludicrous.

No one looks ugly first of all. IF you want to classify people as such, then what makes you think that wouldn't include YOU!!???!!??!!.

LOOK ....point being.... GROW UP !!!! Act your age and not like some dummy who just wet there pants or something lol
 Ratero-park-man

First man to be living "without a pulse"
Posted: 12/13/2006 8:28:50 PM
I just read this now.

Check it out!!

"The medical breakthrough was announced by Dr. Renzo Cecere and Dr. Nadia Giannetti at a news conference at McGill University Health Centre on Wednesday.

With them was Gerard Langevin, the 65-year-old Quebec man who became the first patient to undergo successful implantation of the pump after surgery on Nov. 23.

The device has a turbine that pumps blood from the left ventricle to the aorta. From there the blood is distributed to the rest of the body by the continuous flow pump which is powered by batteries located in pouches on Langevin's body.

"A continuous flow pump does not produce any pulsation," Cecere told CTV News.

"In fact there is only one moving part that is levitated within a magnetic field and therefore there is no friction within that pump, and in the absence of friction there is no wear and tear on the components and if there is no wear and tear we expect this pump will last for a very long time."

Though the device is still in the trial stages and the research is only being done on "end stage" heart patients, the doctors said they believe the technology will change the way heart patients are treated, providing an alternative to heart transplant surgery.

Predicted to last up to 10 years, the Heartmate II should outlast other similar devices, and should match the life expectancy of a transplanted human heart.

Prior to the surgery the patient was very sick, had lost more than 20 pounds, and had very low blood pressure, said Giannetti. He has made significant improvement since receiving the device, however.

"He sailed through the surgery, and you have to understand he was very sick going into the surgery and this is very difficult surgery," Giannetti told reporters.

"He sailed through it and he's recovering very nicely and I expect he's going to go on a very long time with this pump."

Langevin admitted that prior to the operation he felt his time was up after he suffered his second heart attack this summer. He had his first in 2002.

"I was finished... I had no time left... I probably had only a few months left to live,'' Langevin said.

He admitted he was afraid and hesitant about having the implant.

"My wife pushed me a lot to have the operation and I don't regret it.''

The cost of the transplant was $100,000. The MUHC is paying for the procedure.

The Toronto General Hospital also took part in the study.

The device has yet to be approved for use in either Canada or the U.S."
 Ratero-park-man

Broken Heart ,Please tell me, Iam confused..........
Posted: 12/6/2006 8:41:00 PM
Do you want to be always happy?

Then give up fighting

For negativity

And learn the beautiful art

Of self-encouragement.

True encouragement

Adorns my heart.

True encouragement expedites

My heavenward journey.

Encouragement

Is a very special

Light that is born

Of Self - Offering

Encouragement

Is of constant need

Both in the inner

World of progress

And in the outer

World of success.

By Sri Chinmoy
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 20 (view)

Have You Ever Been Mistaken For Another Race Or Ethnicity?
Posted: 12/6/2006 10:24:25 AM
Yes I have actually. I have been mistaken a few times for being Hispanic (Cuban), I have dark hair and brown eyes and my skin is in the white but not so white as in Nordic style, but more of a central European/Balkan and even alittle Italian/Romanian type colour. Two times I was mistaken for a Portuguesse person and I think a few times some people though I was Italian. So yes I have been mistaken a few times.

Although with how I talk, I have been mistaken in that way too, I have been mistaken for Italian (Apparently I sometimes sound like them in how I talk and I talk with my hands maybe even more then Italians themselves. lol), I have been thought to be American and other nationalities too.
 Ratero-park-man

Burlington Get Togethers?
Posted: 12/2/2006 10:12:37 PM
I would consider it sure. It sounds like a good idea.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 115 (view)

TORONTO SINGLES PARTY - NOV 18 - YONGE & BLOOR
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:10:14 PM
Well yet another one I missed. Maybe If I'll still be around I may try to go to the next one.

I would like to go to atleast one get together, just to see what many of the people on this site are like in real life and just to but a personality to the pictures and keyboard. lol (sometimes over the computer it's hard to tell what a person truly feels and means behind their comments )

Who knows....but I would like to.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 8 (view)

Gift ideas??
Posted: 11/28/2006 6:23:02 PM
This may be a very far shot and may sound hard to do , but why not just show a loving spirit and lets try to be the change that we wish to see in the world and that would be a nice start. Showing understanding, affection, care, openness, kindness is all a great present. But thats just my opinion.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 55 (view)

Body type preference
Posted: 11/28/2006 4:41:52 AM
It's a preference thats all, but for me I would prefer someone who has some pounds on them , meaning someone who is husky, built thick-ER and that can be in the version of extra pounds or muscle. My only turn off (body type wise) is someone who is too skinny or bony.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 10 (view)

Family of missing boy's mother sues Nancy Grace
Posted: 11/26/2006 11:16:34 AM
I don't know what to say baout that lady. She does seem always in a bad mood and like she has hatred in her or bitterness. She is cute I'll give her that, but it don't mean she can't be cheerful either. She is like that women from a court tv show, not judge Judy but that hispanic woman from "the people court" that also seems alot like Nancy, she is never in a good mood (it seems) and she is so quick to judge and she acts like a smart a@@. I don't know but when I see those women on tv it can be annoying. Yeah they are both cute lol, but still they should try to not be so full of themselves and show some smiles more.
 Ratero-park-man

Would anyone be kind enough to see if they feel everything is ok in my profile?
Posted: 11/25/2006 9:16:36 PM
Yeah I did have alot more information before, but I was suggest to change and shorten it, because I have a habit of when I make a profile I may add too much, so I shortened it. So I just felt I would try with this format and see how it comes out.

I agree about the pics , I know what you mean, I just feel (personally) that it's good to have the veiwers attention to attract them to your profile and by putting these face shots I felt that it was putting a strong message like "ok this is me , you're looking at me my eyes, face ect, please come in and have a look to see if you're interested or not." Thats what I focus on when I put those close ups.

Ok thanks alot for the advice.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 11/25/2006 9:04:30 PM
Lostprophesy

thanks man I appreciate the advice. Don't know if I'll get a pic of me climbing a mountain any time soon haha lol, but I do have many pics on my computer of me that I don't use on here that I can try to put up and see how the reaction goes.

Alright thanks again man!!
 Ratero-park-man

Posted: 11/25/2006 8:35:01 PM
Sorry for having to ask this again, but I just feel maybe something is not right or something is missing from my profile or maybe there is too much information ect. I did some modifications to it in the past few months, but I don't know if there is a better way to get my message across and maybe be clear without going into too much detail.?
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 5 (view)

If someone famous renounced their faith..
Posted: 11/25/2006 2:41:13 PM
Was checking into older threads and thought the OP was an interesting question. I'm not a christian, however if someone like Benny Hinn or Pat Robertson came out one day and said they no longer beleive what they did, I can gaurantee a large amount of the flock would be lost. Personally... I'd be shocked, moreso because these "big guys" have alot of power politically, personally, financially, etc..that I'd be surprised if they'd leave that behind.

Anyways I am curious to hear what others think about this.

Well Thats a good question. I hope that if that would happen that the people that go to their meetings would NOT renounce their faith. I mean it's NOT NOT NOT NOT about Benny Hinn, or Pat Robertson or Kenneth Copland and other Charistmatics like that, or Darwin Fish and other guys that seem to hold a grip on peoples interest....it will ALWAYS be about Jesus Christ.

On this topic I should say that I went on a site that has these sorts of people on and it was mainly focused on Charistmatic leaders, and frankly, what I read on monday, just was shocking to me that some of these people are the way they are and they bahave the way they behave (that includes condemning, cursing using fowl language like "crap") and their doctines and some of the stuff I read that they taught, Benny Hinn for example once said that The Lord Jesus Christ would appear on stage IN PERSON to him in one of his crusade, and he also said that in one of his visions, people would bring their dead loved ones (with their caskets) they would bring them to their tv and he said that the people would turn to the station that Hinn is on and that they would put their decessed loved ones hand on the tv while Hinn was praying and Hinn said that they would be RAISED FROM THE DEAD , right near the TV.

What a CRULE thing to do!!!! Alot of other people in those charistmatic circles make threats that if we speak against them then they will curse us or soemthing.

I mean this false teaching is ramped.

True Christians would NEVER renounce their faith over anything , especially things like this.

By the way someone like John MacArthur , he is very firm in his faith and NOTHING would EVER make him renounce his faith. I can say that with all confidence. Him and Billy Graham, Charles Stanley, the late Adrian Rogers, and others, there is NO way that these guys would turn their backs on their faith.

By the way, If ones faith is real, then nothing will break it....NOTHING!!!!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 11 (view)

Morneau wins AL MVP!
Posted: 11/22/2006 5:04:41 PM
Jeter can't say what?...he has a better BA than Morneau, while Morneau only has him beat in HR & RBI categories.

ONLY home runs and RBI's?? .....and your point is????? Home runs and RBI's are the most important goal for a hitter. Get your team on the board and yourself home. Home Runs and RBI's are more important then overall batting percentage.

Now I am not saying batting percentage is not important, every little hit counts, and every hit and play that produces runs at the end is important, so even the ones that are not Home runs and RBIs ....but lets face it, it is the Home Runs and RBI's that are the hit home statistic (pun intended) as long as you hit guys home and yourself for that matter, thats what people remember.

Congrats to Morneau.
 Ratero-park-man

What right does someone have to judge another?
Posted: 11/20/2006 12:06:57 PM
I judge a person when I meet them, but it is rare that I do not try to get to know the person (unless it is a dating situation where I know it is going no further) and see whether the things I am judging them about are true.

I think we are talking primarirl about datin ghere. When you meet a person it is not right to make an instantaneous judgment on them based on their appearance when there can be alotr more to them.

You had it right about getting to know them, but then you put the brackets and that kind of lossed the point.

How can you truly know someone unless you know their faults and love em all the more.

That comment contradicts what you mentioned in the brackets lol. You got this one right, Love them regardless for their faults (assuming they are silly or little things like material or physical blemishes, obviously if it's an attitude issue, then it's good not to tolerate that), but you got that right , you got to get to know them more and you never know what can spark up.

By the way , yes you can make a friend out of it too, but also (IF you are single offcourse) make something serious come out of it.

Sad, so sad, some dont even realise, that its detrimental to themselves, and to the other person.

I agree, it is upsetting and the fact that people don't even realize it is more worrisome.

As a side note , if someone you met happened to turn you down over something that you did not appreciate and turn you down just by the first sight of looking at you....why on earth would you want to be their friend??!!??!! People don't think about that alot. They say "if there is no chemistry , atleast you made a good friend".,....The arrogance to assume such a thing, HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY WOULD WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND AFTER TURNING THEM DOWN OVER SOEMTHING SILLY and in turn offending them in that way.

I personally would be lying if I said that didn't stir up some agitation in me when I here people say that sort of stuff so arrogantly without even thinking realistically.

Also I need to add, in terms of the Bible saying judge not lest you be judged. Yes that is true, it prohibites people from judging others in an uncalled for , unhelpful self righteous judgments on another person.

people think it means don't judge people NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO, even if it's bad,.....which is not the case , The Bible as mentioned in first Corinthians does encourage a PROPER way of discerning based on CORRECTION and GOOD MOTIVATION. So there is a difference.

People take that out of context and in tern they excuse their own behaviour and no matter what they do which is dangerous and wrong. There does have to be some order and common sense.
 Ratero-park-man

Posted: 11/20/2006 8:08:21 AM
I think you shouldn't judge people who judge others.

Ohh stop that little double standard stuff. She is not judging in a negative way, but mearly stating facts.

OP I had a thread about this issue on the local forums of Ontario, and the people were saying the same excuse and argument with me "you are judging us judging". It's one of the rationals they use to cover up their judgments on others.

IF the op were judging in a self serving or self rightoeus way then thats different and a no no.

But she (like I ) seems to be just mentioning her concerns that she has about this and shec understands the problems judging others can and also does cause.

However I agree in the comments regarding not letting the opinions of others shake us up and taking them to heart, I agree with that, but I think it's good to understand the OP's context and not just the psychological dynamics of it.

In other words it's more of a moral question I think then a question regarding to the psychology of the matter.

Also I will add I think the OP is reffering to NEGATIVE judgments. Any judgment that is AGAINST someone for SILLY and irrational reasons. I know we all have the right to make proper judgments and all, but if it becoems a judgment that clearly is not rational or right or it puts another person down or even has the potential to put another one down and cause pain to others, then THOSE types of judgements are off bounds.

An example of a bad judgment: making a decision on a persons worth just from the first few seconds of looking at them and discriminating against people over things that are non substantial.

An example of a good judgment: Choosing not to date someone because they have shown to have a bad attitude and have a bad character to them or no character I should say and you just feel that it would be safe not to date them.
 Ratero-park-man

Careful what you say in the forums!
Posted: 11/20/2006 7:05:04 AM
I thought the OP would say that the comments on these forums are being broadcasted to teh general public somehow, so that can be good for soem and not so good for others. In a way it is good because IF you have GOOD things to say and GOOD advice then one can welcome such a thing lol, but if you are notty in the forums then I can see why you'd want to keep these posts more on a private level restricted more less to the site itself.
 Ratero-park-man

A woman with another woman's husband
Posted: 11/19/2006 9:04:12 PM

Ive never been in a relationship and cheated but i have gone there with another mans wife, its something that had to be on the sly of course, and because of this we had to keep track of time ( wasnt very fufilling).

I guess this is the same as the woman that goes after a married man, i dont know if it was variety in her diet she was after or the sneaking around was a turn on, if it was it definatly wasnt a turn on for me or for her when she came to work with a black eye that her husbain gave her, shame on me and shame on her.

I told myself not to feel bad about it before it happend that he treats her like shit and that everyone else has been inside her, well does he treat her like shit cos she screws everyone else or does she screw everyone else cos he treats her like shit?

I think people know somethings are wrong but they look for ways to justify them so that they can tell themselves that they are not doing anything wrong, who was i to decide that he deserves his wife to cheat on him, who was she to justify her actions to suit her own needs.

Since we are talking about woman who go after married men then all as i have to say in conclusion is, if you have to go after someone already taken when there are so many single people out there, then you either

1:Have self esteem issues in which case you should go to a semminare on how to build self esteem.

2:If you are after the thrill get off your ass and get your fingers off your clit and take up skydiving or bungie jumping or rock climbing.

3:If you have ''needs'' that you cant wait for a single person to come along then maybe you should think about having your vagina sown up if it is going to make you act like that.

Well thats my two cents worth anyway people.

Well I will say that either way, whether you cheat or you cheat WITH someone, it's the same stupid thing to do.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 11/19/2006 8:16:05 PM
OP.....I SO agree with you and I understand what you mean. I wish people would just think more before they make judgments others. I can go on and on about this because I know what it's like and I notice this happen alot too. I just wish people can come to understand the negativity of judging others especially when they don't know them and it's over silly things.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 26 (view)

Jays Fans: Free-agent designated hitter Frank Thomas is close to agreeing to a two-year contract wit
Posted: 11/19/2006 7:57:25 PM
Yeah it was last year but the season before lasts that chicogo won, and yes there was contraversy surrounding Pierszynski a few times and I think in game 2 of that AlCS last year, Anaheim Angels did get ripped off in my opinion. But anyways yeah he is a tough player.

Bonds yes over all he is better then Thomas. Bonds can hit a fastball better then Frank which is important and he is quicker, a better fielder , a better base stealer and just a better all round hitter.

Show ALL Forums