Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: pointless?
 jcvoice
Msg: 2 (view)

pointless?
Posted: 2/17/2012 4:46:58 AM
If you feel like you're just searching, searching, searching to no avail, then maybe it is time to take a breather and focus on yourself for a while. Read some books, program, work out, do whatever that centers you and makes you happy. Then try and reach out to those with similar interests. That way you won't have to worry about your mind set when you do meet someone. :)
 jcvoice
Msg: 238 (view)

POF Success Stories
Posted: 2/17/2012 4:41:19 AM
Over 16 months ago I met a guy. We weren't "chemistry matches" and he actually had to look through 26 pages of search results before he stumbled over my profile. But, we messaged a few times, then exchanged numbers. In the week before our first date we talked almost 30 hours.

We were dating only a week after that first date, and have been together ever since. It's been amazing- we are a great match and I'm so thankful to have met him because he's opened my eyes to so many new things. We both think that we could do this for the long haul.

So chin up, folks! Your SO is out there! Just keep looking, and not just relying on what the chemistry results say!
 jcvoice
Msg: 4 (view)

So, what do you all think of my profile?
Posted: 3/30/2010 6:50:55 AM
Thank you very much, lady and gentlemen! I appreciate your suggestions. I will definitely make your edits. :)
 jcvoice
Msg: 1 (view)

So, what do you all think of my profile?
Posted: 3/29/2010 9:12:34 PM
So, I've been getting some responses with what I have, but I was wondering what you all think I could do to improve it. I'm trying to be friendly, playful, and open, while also being serious. Do I succeed? Fail miserably? Should I add/remove anything?

What say you, oh wise reviewers? (And I promise no sarcasm is intended. )
 jcvoice

What do you think?
Posted: 3/29/2010 9:01:29 PM
I would think that older ladies, especially those interested in serious relationships, might want to know more about what you do, your interests, what you want out of a relationship. A lot of the younger set would probably run screaming from anything that would tie them down.

Also, you have good pictures, but they slightly send out the party vibe, so that might be what attracts the younger set.

Hope this helps! :)
 jcvoice
Msg: 6 (view)

Virginity.
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:34:13 PM
I do look into it. Whoever it is, well, I want him to enjoy himself too, so I try to read up on tricks and things to please him. Yes, I know that reading is different from doing, but heck, I've been doing cyber for years, and I've had no complaints, nor has any of them known my situation until/unless I told them. (I have a -very- active imagination, )

I also try to be open minded about it. While I want to be connected to someone, I don't necessarily expect him to be my 'one and only'. My only goal is that if I break up with him that I don't regret having given him my virginity. :)
 jcvoice
Msg: 1 (view)

Virginity.
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:13:16 PM
Alrighty fellas, a question.

Is virginity a deal-breaker/turn off?

I myself have never had sex. I'm not waiting for marriage, or anything, but I need to be comfortable enough with my guy in order to have it. My ex and I never clicked sexually, at least on my end, so it never happened. Now that I'm single, it's based on lack of opportunity. Again, I want to be attracted to/comfortable with someone first and I have too many morals to want to just hire a guy and be done with it!

So, yeah. I'm currently a virgin but not for lack of desire! It still means something to me, but it's kind of a frustration too, because it puts a damper on things.

Just curious about general opinion, and thanks! :)
 jcvoice
Msg: 6313 (view)

Rose, originally by Bette Midler, but the King's Singers have a lovely rendition.
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:53:49 PM
Some say love it is a river
that drowns the tender reed
Some say love it is a razer
that leaves your soul to blead

Some say love it is a hunger
an endless aching need
I say love it is a flower
and you it's only seed

It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of wakingthat never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
who cannot seem to give
and the soul afraid of dyingthat never learns to live

When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winterfar beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed
that with the sun's love
in the spring
becomes the rose
 jcvoice

Please review my profile
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:49:01 PM
Hello!

You have a very charming profile, sir! :) You give nice information about yourself and are very welcoming, especially with your invitation at the end. I think it's very nicely done!

Your pictures are nice as well, showing both yourself and a nod to family and friends. Good choices!

Show ALL Forums