Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Next Election and Obama
 ian1216
Msg: 56 (view)

Next Election and Obama
Posted: 11/12/2009 10:54:11 AM

and how both parties are working together to destroy America

You know I've been waiting for someone to point this out.

This is what's so terribly wrong with politics in the here and now - too many people treating it like it's some kind of game or competition and too few who actually want to work on improving this country.
 ian1216
Msg: 97 (view)

Obama drops the ball...again.
Posted: 11/12/2009 10:51:58 AM
I'm still waiting for the TC to start blaming Obama for breathing incorrectly because we all know it's coming, any second now.
 ian1216
Msg: 37 (view)

We should ALL admire George Bush
Posted: 9/23/2009 9:27:48 AM
"Oh I love Bu......oh you mean the President, I'm sorry!" Ackhmed The Dead Terrorist
 ian1216
Msg: 7 (view)

Have consoles surpassed arcades?
Posted: 9/21/2009 8:50:18 AM
Arcades seem to be a dying breed. The two closest that I can think of are a Dave & Busters and a Nathans (which might be shutting down sometime in the near future as is) and both are still a ways off. I know a few years back I read an article about Bushnell trying to "re-invent" the arcade and bring back the social element of it but I never heard anything else since.
 ian1216
Msg: 16 (view)

Kanye West; He's a Jackass
Posted: 9/16/2009 9:46:56 AM
I also couldn't help but notice this poll on TMZ.com:

Obama on Kanye:

Way to go! 92%
Inappropriate 8%
 ian1216
Msg: 15 (view)

Kanye West; He's a Jackass
Posted: 9/16/2009 9:30:53 AM
So now Obama is wrong for stating his opinion on a subject that's been getting massive media attention in the media the last few days.

Wow, just wow. Calling it grasping at straws would be kind.

I can't wait until next week when he's getting criticized for breathing incorrectly because apparently that's what it's coming to.
 ian1216
Msg: 10 (view)

UFC 104: Machida vs. Rua announced
Posted: 9/7/2009 4:29:40 PM
Machida with relative ease.
 ian1216
Msg: 26 (view)

F fedor!!! Strikeforce is the biggest joke on the planet.
Posted: 8/20/2009 11:05:49 AM

he's depriving the fans of the best fights.

So then what would be his best fights? That's what I want to know because from my perspective their isn't anyone out there on his level right now in [bold]any MMA promotion.

Yes, we all want to see Fedor/Brock and as of right now it ain't happening and it sucks, but like I've said a number of times already I still think Fedor would mow Brock down, maybe not with relative ease but I don't see Brock winning that fight. So after that it leaves who? Mir? Couture? Nogueira? Kongo? As far as I'm concerned I don't see how Fedor doesn't flat out squash any of the aforementioned names.

This isn't saying that the competition in Strikeforce is better for him, it's dead given that it's worse, and I'm not trying to knock the heavyweight division on whole in all of MMA. It's just that the way I see things there really isn't a viable opponent for Fedor anywhere, sans Lesnar who again I think he'd just have his way with. It's like what I say about GSP, I know that one night he's going to lose a match but even so I'd be crazy to bet against him as I think he's the best overall in his division, the only difference being that I don't see anyone who can be matched up with Fedor and have a really worthwhile match with.

Now this part is a curiousity on my end:

People don't normally go to a lesser company for less money doing less important work.

From what I understood because he gets to keep the deal with M-1, Fedor is still making more overall than he would of had he signed with UFC. If you have anything that shows to the contrary please share as that will change some of my perspective on him.
 ian1216
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2009 12:45:12 PM
You know Chad just to reviw things here I've tended to agree with you more often than not on MMA related subjects (especially when it comes to that punk Floyd Mayweather). Nothing was meant as a put down or a cop-out or anything like that, I just wanted to know by your definition as to how Fedor has screwed his fans and you really haven't given me a legit answer, just your opinion which you're acting like is genuine fact. You want a good definition of an athlete screwing his fans, here's the perfect example - Brett Farve not just in going to Minnesota but for making the completely foolish remark he made, THAT was telling his fanbase to stick it and Fedor has yet to do anything remotely close to that. For better or worse UFC isn't the only MMA promotion in the world today, I even agree that Strikeforce is lousy, but not only is it where Fedor signed but like I said I don't see any true competition for him anywhere as I think he can beat anyone in the heavyweight division right now. Yeah we all wanted to see him and Brock who I think he'd mow over but as of right now it ain't happening, nothing we can do about it.

But if you want to resort to childlike name calling antics and acting like a self rightgeous two year old then by all means go ahead, not only will that really convince me to see things your way (as the sarcasm detector goes wild) but as was noted in that thread I posted it's not advisable if you want to continue posting here.
 ian1216
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2009 9:43:35 AM
Hey like I said if you think he screwed his fans over then just don't watch, that's all there is to it.

Apparently you will though: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts12953082.aspx
 ian1216
Msg: 28 (view)

Venting on Facebook!
Posted: 8/18/2009 10:53:48 AM
Just as another perspective on things:

I have a former boss of mine from years back who has his own blog. We had been friends/well aquainted for a while but at some point it just turned semi sour on his end. When I left said company I never said anything bad about the guy and we left things professionally, even hoping that one day we'd talk again.

So years later I find his blog and not only is he taking pot shots at me, but he's taking pot shots at me using my full name, as in if you were to Google my name you'd find his blog amongst the top listings. I was, and still am, beyond furious.

And here's where it gets better - About a year and a half ago he first finds me on LinkedIn and then on Facebook and sends an add request, refering to me as his "buddy" and "friend", which absolutely blew my mind. He also just straight emailed me on Facebook one time after in a friendly manner and mentioned on his how he was unable to connect with me but this time without using my name at all.

I've taken the high road through this whole thing, as in I haven't responded to him anywhere, I haven't publicly trashed him anywhere or anything like that, but it's incredibly difficult to resist the temptation to rip him a new one.
 ian1216
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2009 10:43:09 AM
With regards to Strikeforce as a promotion I get the point and I agree, but I still don't see any of that as Fedor screwing his fans. Screwing the fans would involve Fedor directly telling his fanbase that they can go F themselves or something akin to that in my book and that hasn't happened yet.

For better or for worse this is where Fedor signed because he felt he could benifit the most (unfortunately) for his wallet and in truth he probably will, mainly because he stuck to his guns about M1 which in fairness is his perogative. Wanna call him a sellout for it? Ok, but at the same time there's a part of me saying that I can't blame him and on top of that you'd then have to call out Dana for not allowing what he wanted or trying to find some middleground.

And personally I think the only worthwhile match for Fedor in UFC right now is Brock, everybody else I think he'd just mow over (he'd probably mow Brock over for that matter but people would watch). So like I was saying, if you're a fan of the guy and you want to watch him you're going to, even if said promotion is predominantly crap.
 ian1216
Msg: 24 (view)

Venting on Facebook!
Posted: 8/18/2009 7:03:18 AM
Ok, admittedly she was an idiot for posting all that when her boss would be able to see it. This is just me but there's no way I'd ever have a manager or superior at my job added as a friend on Facebook (as far as I'm concerned that's what LinkedIn is for).

However to look at the glass half full, beyond all that she didn't say anything that wouldn't be said amongst her own friends in a public forum, so I don't see the harm in her venting that way. Her only mistake again was that it was in a place where her boss was going to see it.
 ian1216

Posted: 8/17/2009 6:04:57 PM
^^ Ok, but that still doesn't really explain how Fedor screwed his fans.
 ian1216
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 8/16/2009 1:59:07 PM
Just as a curiousity how exactly did screw his fans? If you like a guy you should be rooting for him regardless of what promotion he's working for.
 ian1216
Msg: 15 (view)

Female MMA
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:04:30 AM

I can't wait for the Carano/Cyborg fight. Gina better bring it! Cyborg is a scary tough chick!

And heres what's great about this one - I think think this fight has more intriuge and anticipation than any womens boxing match in the last ten plus years. No mistake about it, Conviction and the Cyborg are both the real deal.
 ian1216
Msg: 43 (view)

Forrest Griffin: UFC Poster Boy or MMA Giant?
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:47:36 AM

Seriously... that was one of the funniest fights ever!!! Run Forrest Run!!

QFT and thensome. My pal was so pissed off about it but everyone else in Wild Wings was cracking up with the way he got beat (to be kind) Saturday night.
 ian1216
Msg: 32 (view)

UFC 101: Florian vs. Penn
Posted: 8/9/2009 5:15:10 PM
And once again I go perfect for another UFC show, but then again this was a lousy show, in fairness though follow up after 100 was going to be difficult no matter what.
 ian1216
Msg: 1 (view)

B.J. Penn accuses George St. Pierre of taking steroids
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:35:20 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Should-we-believe-anything-B-J-Penn-has-to-say-?urn=mma,181251

“It’s just my opinion that (Georges St. Pierre) uses steroids,” Penn said. “That’s it. My opinion. I do believe it. I can’t hand you any proof, but that’s my opinion.”

((pauses, and then ala Katt Williams)) Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

If you have no proof then what in the holy heck are you forming your opinion on? Can you at least enlighten us to that BJ?
 ian1216
Msg: 3 (view)

Living Colour
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:52:58 AM
Living Colour may of been ahead of their own time in a way, in any case Cult Of Personality, Type and Glamour Boys are still spinning on my Ipod.
 ian1216

One man to blame in UFC-Fedor breakdown
Posted: 8/2/2009 9:26:35 PM

What White wouldn’t do, though, is give half of his company to Finkelchtein in return for the, ahem, privilege, of promoting Emelianenko’s next few fights.

And to be completely honest, can anyone really blame Dana for not doing that?
 ian1216
Msg: 10 (view)

Dana White holding a major press conference on Friday
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:33:17 AM
And in the end it's Tito returning. Whoop-dee-flippin-doo. Dana lost face on this one.
 ian1216
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2009 12:46:52 PM
Welp, it's looking like it won't be Fedor:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/07/sources-fedorufc-talks-intense-but-will-likely-drag-past-friday.html
 ian1216
Msg: 29 (view)

Dana Whites Says That He Sees Fedor Coming To The UFC Someday
Posted: 7/30/2009 12:46:09 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/07/sources-fedorufc-talks-intense-but-will-likely-drag-past-friday.html
 ian1216
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2009 7:27:34 AM
See the one thing I'm curious about if the announcement (or part of the announcement as it could be multiple things) is a major network TV deal and it's with a non-Viacom station, does this mean the current deal with Spike is done with?
 ian1216

Dana White holding a "major" press conference on Friday
Posted: 7/29/2009 8:57:56 AM
Let the speculation begin as these seem to be the top three potential announcements:

1. Fedor is signed, sealed and delivered

2. Tito Ortiz is coming back home

3. Dana has secured a major network TV deal
 ian1216

Affliction is GONE
Posted: 7/25/2009 1:45:16 PM

Why do you think Fedor will sign with the UFC?

My only question to this is where else will or could he go and then why over UFC?
 ian1216

Floyd Mayweather takes a dumb cheapshot at UFC
Posted: 7/22/2009 8:18:21 AM

This is not a racial statement, but there’s no white fighters in boxing that are dominating. So they had to go and do something else and start something new.

I'm actually not as much offended as I am dumbstruck. Hey Floyd, does the name Klitchko ring a bell to you?

Way to know your line of work there einstein.
 ian1216

Bobby Lashley out of MMA and back to wrasslin?
Posted: 7/21/2009 11:03:28 AM
Lashely looks like he has great potential in MMA and much like with Brocks previous NCAA wrestling background I understand that Lashley is a former US Army Ranger, so just like with Brock I'm already of the impression that he's got more experience than most are giving him credit for.

But from my perspective I don't see how he can do both. Yeah I like the "earn my way up the MMA ranks" approach, but if I were Dana I'd be uncomfortable with him continuing with wrestling for a number of reasons, not just the chance of an injury but moreso not making a commitment to MMA alone.
 ian1216

Bobby Lashley out of MMA and back to wrasslin?
Posted: 7/20/2009 8:30:11 AM
Just looking for a little clarification on this one as I was told that Lashley is going back to wrestling but it's not for the WWE. Is this true? And why? Much like with Brock I think the guy has great potential in MMA.
 ian1216
Msg: 3 (view)

UFC 101: Florian vs. Penn
Posted: 7/20/2009 8:28:26 AM
This is close but I think Penn somehow takes it, and Silva over Forrest.
 ian1216

Seriously, is it worth it?
Posted: 7/16/2009 1:31:38 PM
Not a parent for better or worse.

I'm really not knocking the experience of online dating, it's been fun, but I've done it for a few years now on a couple of sites and I really kinda figured at this point that ok maybe I wouldn't be married but I'd at least be in a good steady relationship.
 ian1216

Seriously, is it worth it?
Posted: 7/16/2009 10:49:05 AM
I never really thought I'd see this day, but I'm actaully starting to question online dating, heck I'm starting to question dating at all. I mean it's the same story as of late - we meet, things go well, meet again, talk in between, and then somewhere things just tail off and it's DOA. I don't get it, what's going wrong here? I honestly feel like I'm waisting my time right now and I have to admit there's an element of resentment, to the extent that it feels like a woman wouldn't know something good if it was standing right in front of them.

I'm no angel but my intentions are good and without question I'd lay it all on the line for the right woman. I'm not looking for one night stands or any of that kiddie s anymore, that's fine in college and whatnot but I'm 31 years old, I want a REAL relationship because I want something to really truly live for.

Yet I'm at a point where I'm wondering if that's ever going to really happen and if I'm just doomed to spend my life alone.
 ian1216
Msg: 286 (view)

UFC can not compare itself to boxing.
Posted: 7/16/2009 8:29:58 AM

Tim Sylvia 'knew' what was coming and it didn't seem to help him. And what was coming was from an old, overweight, worn out boxer.

Ok well let me rephrase it then - you'd think that typically one would be able to anticipate and react to a boxer easier than an MMA fighter.

Regardless well played cyke, even I chuckled
 ian1216
Msg: 19 (view)

This is why so many people seem to hate Cops
Posted: 7/16/2009 7:50:51 AM
When I'm pulled over for a headlight that clearly wasn't out, have to go through all the motions even though he's noting that he was wrong later on, don't get an apology from the cop or the courts, the guy doesn't get cited/demerited or anything, then I don't want to hear a retort from someone that "if you got pulled over or arrested than it was clearly because you were doing something wrong and you deserved it" in defense of the police.

And this is without bringing up a Diallo or Sean Bell situation.

My abriged two cents - Yeah I'm sure there are good cops out there, it's just real unfortunate they're in the minority whereas the rest come off as people who enjoy abusing the power they've been given.
 ian1216
Msg: 285 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2009 7:35:50 AM

I would take a golden glover boxer over 90% of the karate black belts out there.

Yes matter of opinion coming up, but I'd take a black belt in Jeet, Ju-Jitsu, and Goju, even a kickboxer over a boxer any day. Boxing is straightforward but I view that as one of it's disadvantages, as a fighter you pretty much know what's coming.
 ian1216
Msg: 125 (view)

UFC 100 Let the speculation begin
Posted: 7/14/2009 2:48:23 PM

do we really need our kids emulating someone like that?

God willing little kids aren't up until midnight watching this stuff, I'd call that bad parenting.
 ian1216
Msg: 117 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2009 8:04:56 AM

if Brock was the same size as all the other heavyweights he would get DESTROYED EVERY TIME

The thing that you don't point out is that Mir doesn't cut weight....he's 245 by fight time....Lesnar is at LEAST 280 if not 290 by fight time...relatively speaking he's not so big now is he?

Ok, so with that said what's preventing Mir or any other heavyweight from doing the same thing? After all if that's all it takes to beat Brock then why not right?
 ian1216
Msg: 112 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2009 5:54:45 PM

and judging by his post match interview, he likes the boos and those who don't like him will pay money to see him get beat, which means more buys & ticket sales.

And this is whine in spite of his post match pr spin, deep down Dana is overjoyed because he knows it's just to result in more a's in the seats, more ppv buyrates, and of course more money in his pocket.
 ian1216
Msg: 110 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2009 2:44:21 PM
Well not surprisingly UFC is already up Youtubes A with the video clips, so we now present a re-enactment of what may just be one of the greatest and most satisfying knockouts of all time, to the point where I think Bisping would of rather been t-bagged than to have it end like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fg8W1SeTJo
 ian1216
Msg: 107 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2009 10:23:28 AM
The current front runner for Knockout Of The Year, so very epic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmu2vs-EICc
 ian1216
Msg: 104 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2009 7:34:26 AM

A fight like Akiyama and Belcher should be ruled a draw. 2 men standing at the end and its really too close to call it a loss for somebody after they fought like that and were still ready to fight. Draws need to be used if there is not an obvious winner, or let it go another round.

Just to revisit this one - I thought it was close and could of been a draw but at the same time I really had no problem with Aki getting the win, my only problem was the one judge who gave him the match 30-27 outright as neither one of them dominated the match to that point.
 ian1216
Msg: 95 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2009 7:22:49 PM

although I completely disagree with the roiding up comment, as the major organizations of Professional Wrestling have instituted wellness policies.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but from what I've been told in spite of said policies a good number of guys in the wrestling business have been busted for juicing in recent years and that includes people working for McMahon, a standout being that Benot guy who killed himself along with his wife and kid.
 ian1216
Msg: 92 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2009 6:07:29 PM
I'm reading those quotes from the pro wrestlers and I'm laughing, do these guys understand that Brock wanted to get away from that crap and prove himself as the real deal which is what he did? Look I'm sure he still has some friends in that line of work, from what I'd been told he was well liked while in the WWE, but at the same time I was told that one of there top guys said it was "no big loss, he wasn't here long enough to be a real draw anyways" when he left. Now they're lining up and kissing his a out of "pride" for their "work". What a joke.

This is one of the main reasons why I could understand Brock wanting to break away from pro wrestling, not just for legitimacy as an athlete but because these guys live a "Rock N Roll" lifestyle - you're on the road some 300 days of the year, you're busting your ass physically some four to five out of seven nights of the week, don't care how scripted it is I think we all accept there's some kinda pain threshold they have to contend with, you're roiding up, your pill popping and painkilling as much as possible, and (as much as I don't like bringing this up) you unfortunately have a number of these guys crashing, burning, and dropping their bodies way too young as a result. Now can you really blame Lesnar for wanting to get away from all that?
 ian1216
Msg: 85 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2009 12:00:54 PM
So I went 3 for 3 last night.

Brock is without question the man and you can put this one on the record - With the exception of not touching gloves I had no problem whatsoever with Brocks actions and reactions. All Mir did for months was talk S, the standout being the "This aint fake Brock, this is real!" remark, yeah it is real Frank and the beatdown you got last night was very real and that's why you had nothing to say afterwards. A guy talks smack about me for months the way Mir talked about Brock and he finally gets his, I wouldn't be chivalrous about it, I'd shove it in his face. Had Lennox Lewis done the same to Mike Tyson years back after all the smack talk and garbage antics I would of had no problem with it either. In any case the majority of the crowd at Wild Wings was behind Brock last night even after all the antics

And much like with Brock it's gonna be a cold day in hell when I pick against GSP and when he loses it'll come as a surprise to me. because in my book he's the best all around performer in the game today, and remember this is all coming from a guy who's said that he doesn't like George.

Hendersons KO of Bispig was the epic win of the night, the crowd just ate it up and Bispig looked stupid. Belcher/Akiyama was a good surprise, I had no problem with Aki winning as I thought it was a close match, I just had a problem with the one judge who awarded it to him 30-27 outright, sorry but there's no way either one of them won that match outright like that.
 ian1216
Msg: 66 (view)

Posted: 7/10/2009 1:13:29 PM

Or are you just talking about the UFC HW's?

Just talking about UFC, yes I know it's not the only MMA organization out there but (stating the obvious, but still) lets face it - it's the most relevant.
 ian1216
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 7/9/2009 12:34:10 PM

brock will be dominating the heavyweight division for a long time.

And herein lies the problem - for all intents the heavyweight division is Brock and Mir, much like with boxings heavyweight division they need to find some guys to really step up and draw additional attention to the UFC or I think it'll just be the two of them for a very long time and it'll obviously get stagnant quick.
 ian1216

New Alice In Chains album: What are your thoughts?
Posted: 7/8/2009 7:35:03 AM

I miss Layne too ........but you got to remember he pisssed his life away with drugs,if you are going to be mad at any one ,be mad at him for screwing up a good thing

I don't want to argue this point but one thing needs to be said - the vast majority of Alice In Chains hits were about Layne pissing his life away. Of course that doesn't change the fact that the end result was tragic.

Still:

Thank God they are back, because radio rock has been really sucking lately

QFT and thensome.
 ian1216
Msg: 6 (view)

New Alice In Chains album: What are your thoughts?
Posted: 7/7/2009 9:27:11 AM

Folks said the same thing about AC DC when Bon Scott passed away.

I'm sorry, but I just can't listen to bands with singers I consider irreplaceable. For example, I have no interest in listening to Van Halen these days. Why? Because even though David Lee Roth is a cookoo bird, he was Van Halen to me. Freddie Mercury was Queen to me. So, Layne Staley will always be Alice In Chains to me. There are simply no substitutes that will do.

Both good points on both sides of the argument. I'm starting to wonder if bands replacing key players after they pass on is going to be the new trendy thing because it's getting to the point where I feel it kinda kills the legacy of the band, like if Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler were to pass away and then the Stones or Aerosmith get a new lead singer even I would have to say that it's not the same thing. Best example is what Queen has been doing, first with George Michael and now with this kid from American Idol, I'm sorry but it's not the same as having Freddy Mercury on the mic.

But that doesn't mean that replacement singer x is doomed to fail from the getgo. AC/DC is the best example, but even Brian has said that he never replaced Bon Scott as Bon is irreplaceable, but that just earned him more points in my book. And Haggar era Van Halen, yeah I'm going on record and saying it worked, it wasn't until they brough Gary Cherrone in that suddenly it just seemed like an ugly mess.
 ian1216
Msg: 271 (view)

Posted: 7/5/2009 12:25:55 PM

I think that there will always be a place for both boxing and mma. There's plenty of room, eh?

This has pretty much been my point from the getgo, only that right now I'm more interested in MMA and that obviously stems from being a martial artist and having been well aquainted with the Serras years back.

I mean in the span of nearly a hundred years boxing has established a fantastic history. Right now I'd just like to see boxings heavyweight division get back to the way it was in the 80's and 90's.

Show ALL Forums