Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: tell tale signs in profiles
 ambermccoy
Msg: 32 (view)

tell tale signs in profiles
Posted: 3/18/2010 11:44:48 PM
I agree "daydreamin" I am now almost a year into the online dating scene..and I agree with every point you have made.
 ambermccoy
Msg: 140 (view)

Girls making the first move???
Posted: 3/18/2010 10:48:38 PM
I completely agree with your point of view. However, my experience is that it is the wrong thing to do if you really like the guy. I have met men that I have genuinely liked and I know they were interested in me...I also noticed a corelation of how long before I slept with them and the length of our relationship! The men I got to know longer, or talked/texted/messaged for a while, the guys who I stood up, made excuses,etc. (because I was still pretty new at the online dating thing) stuck around. It was almost the exact amount of time when I first made contact and first slept with them that our relationship subsided. I chose that word on purpose cuz there was no big blow out fight or drama of any sort. We just..kind of..fizzled out. The calls/texts/messages became few and farther between. I am not one to go chasing after a man or throw a fit because I am not getting the attention I want..so it just goes nowhere. And I really hate that because I love sex..but the old tried but true cliches come to mind. Deny it, ask men, they will lie about it, but the fact remains, if you like them, don't do it on the first date!
 ambermccoy
Msg: 28 (view)

Looking for a real man-you're right!
Posted: 8/27/2009 9:44:04 PM
Ok you got me, I"m editing my profile, I didn't even think about how that sounded. Thanks!
 ambermccoy
Msg: 164 (view)

Calling All Divorcees
Posted: 8/18/2009 12:08:17 AM
ok, I am the next Liz Taylor...I have been married more times than I care to admit...in some ways I think it could be looked at as I am a romantic and I keep believing one man out there will stick! BUT I think I realize the problem, actually my 24 year old coworker (who's a guy) brought up an excellent point. I am in love with falling in love. Well that fascination, infatuation thing only goes so far, then I get bored. I'm probably sounding pretty imature, and it's not a totally comfortable feeling that a kid 11 years younger than me picked up on it like that. But I really took it to heart, and I think he's right. Bummer. Oh well, good thing I got this website! ha
 ambermccoy
Msg: 202 (view)

Is it prostitution when...
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:55:58 PM
I don't know how to "quote" yet but I want to respond to this-Now I'm no rocket scientist but a fling is one thing but if you bought her any kind of _slammer or breakfast, then YES! lol
 ambermccoy
Msg: 50 (view)

At what point in life did you get confidence about interracting with the opposite sex?
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:50:50 PM
Well I've always been a flirt. I can't say I was ever not confident really. I don't want to sound like I think I'm all that, but I just never had any problem dating. BUT when I turned 35? I went crazy! Everybody talks about women hitting their peak or whatever at 35 and I thought it was a bunch of bs. But it took about a month of being 35, I got divorced too, that helped, and now I'm a total freak! haha jk, I think everyone eventually, hopefully, reaches a point in their life where they are finally comfortable in their own skin. Yeah I got a couple laugh lines, some stretch marks, (thanks kids, mommy loves you!) but I never felt sexier in my life then now! Am I right ladies?
 ambermccoy
Msg: 283 (view)

How many is too many?
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:44:52 PM
I have wondered this myself...I think it's a turn off talking about how many people you have or haven't been with. I don't even tell my BEST friends how many people I been with, actually I try not to think about it! Of course, I'm probably innocent, but I'm not sure and I don't want to sound like a slut, besides we're not in the 10th grade for god's sake who talks about this stuff? I don't like it when a man gives me too much information about his history...but I really hate it when he says, 5! C'mon, you're 35 years old and you been with 5 women? That seems to be their magic number! haha
 ambermccoy
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2009 11:37:42 PM
Hey what about the car shots and motorcycle shots! Please read MY profile and see I already HAVE a Car, actually a 4 wheel drive truck, thank you very much!
 ambermccoy
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2009 11:33:38 PM
Have you seriously ran into guys putting up FAKE pics of themselves on this site? How long do they think that's gonna work? God men are so dumb sometimes! hahahaha-yikes!
 ambermccoy
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2009 11:32:00 PM
done with all the drama--That's what I am dealing with right now. I am seeing someone on this site and that kind of theme is running all thru his profile. I really like him, but I notice he is still "fishing" a lil bit. Now I know I am doing this right now but I just discovered this forum thing. So Helen0426 I think you might be right on the money with that drama thing. Saturday night he started telling me, without me asking mind you, all about his ex girlfriend who used to live with him. He actually showed me holes in the wall that SHE put there! How am I supposed to react to that? Did he drive her crazy? Or was she already like that?

Show ALL Forums