Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Can you really stay friends with an ex?
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 62 (view)

Can you really stay friends with an ex?
Posted: 3/24/2013 7:17:43 PM
Absolutely not. Anybody that tells you otherwise is just plain lying to you.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 56 (view)

What do you wish for your ex?
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:47:24 PM
I wish for her a very painful disease.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 24 (view)

In a relationship would you be ok for your girl to go out with a male friend you don't know?
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:18:59 PM
Dude, dump her ass. She doesn't respect you at all.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 56 (view)

Would you take in in your ex in a time of need?
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:48:26 PM
Hey 6ft4blackman, same thing happened to me. Some things are unforgivable.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 43 (view)

Would you take in in your ex in a time of need?
Posted: 2/2/2013 4:23:00 PM
Ab-so-lute-ly not. She's burned way too many bridges with me. I will take in the kids (which we have 50/50 joint physical custody), but not her.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 101 (view)

Why is it easier for women to move on
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:14:17 PM
OP, women tend to be more natural sociopaths than men.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 16 (view)

Love GF, but she never wants to have sex
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:42:09 AM
As to my experience, she's already cheated on you. OR... she thinks of you more as a "friend" (that's the kiss of death right there) or even worse a "brother"....

When women consistently refuse sex from someone they supposedly love, they just don't love you.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 43 (view)

Unable to afford child support, any advice ????
Posted: 10/20/2012 9:24:23 PM

LMAO @ rare exception!! since 60% of single moms don't receive support for one reason or another.. i'd say it's not the rare exception.. lol

I was referring to the rare exception of a woman having to pay a man in child/spousal support. It's pretty rare , I believe.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 10/20/2012 3:33:59 PM
^^^^ I think she was joking, but it does point to larger issue. Do women feel that they have a built-in income when they have kids and know that the financial suffering or consequence during and after a divorce will never fall into their hands (rare exception excluded)? I wonder how many women hold that thought in their heads as they let relationships/marriages die. Do they hold that over their boyfriend's/husband's head? Do they use it as leverage?
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 9/16/2012 9:13:24 PM
Sorry, no sympathy here. It's already a proven fact that a higher percentage of women skip out on paying child support than men do. More men have to pay child support by a long shot, so don't misinterpret my statement.

I have 50% joint custody of my kids and I'm still forced to pay 25% of my NET income to my raging *#&#* of an ex-wife in child support. So, in essence, I pay for 50% of the child's upbringing BEFORE child support.

You don't have them for overnights and you're *$#^!ing about $400 a month? Seriously? No wonder your ex-husband got custody. A woman has to nearly be a severe drug addict or ax murderer to have the kids taken away like you did.

The court quite frankly has to severely reduce the occurrences of child support altogether. If there are two loving parents in the child's life, then you pay for what you need to pay for, he pays for what he needs to pay for and that's it. Child support is nothing more than welfare and leeching off an ex-husband. Now, if the other parent doesn't want to actively participate in the child's upbringing, then you should get hit with child support.

Another problem are "no fault" divorces. This usually only saves the wife from losing kids and have to pay child support. Think about it: the wife could sleep around with man after man after man after man. The husband decides to divorce her. She gets paid. Why would a mother have to worry about her misconduct? She's gonna get paid no matter what.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 17 (view)

Need help with insecurities...
Posted: 9/12/2012 9:20:40 PM
You sound like a younger version of me. And I'm going to honest here, Cody. A woman knows whether or not they want you in the first 15 seconds of meeting you. I guess that goes the same way for men as well.

I was in the same boat as you, but I'd get into a relationship of sorts and they'd use me and I'd be the little puppy foolishly forgiving this and that and being tossed away like trash. It DOES take a toll on your self-esteem. You feel worthless and unwanted.

Then I thought I'd gotten a reprieve when I met my ex-wife, but that was the biggest lie of them all. After 7 years of marriage and two kids, she thinks that all my sweat and blood at work (night shift mind you) was worth just enough to her to have an affair with my best friend of twenty years.

Don't listen to all the pseudo-psychiatrists. F them. They're not in your head. Don't let others invalidate or degrade your feelings.

My best advice is say give up on women (no, not become gay) for a long while. Live life how YOU want to live it. Enjoy your freedom. Take a trip, take a class, have a puppet show, doesn't matter.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 29 (view)

Seeing pic of ex happy with new boyfriend
Posted: 9/12/2012 9:12:54 PM
Allow me to go further. Always break off all ties to an ex. Get as far away as possible from her/him.

If you have children together, do the absolute minimal communication to raise the kids and no more.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 28 (view)

Seeing pic of ex happy with new boyfriend
Posted: 9/12/2012 9:09:13 PM
Never, ever, ever be facebook friends with your ex. Remove her immediately.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 14 (view)

Need help with insecurities...
Posted: 9/12/2012 9:05:52 PM
Cody, as a man that's had his heart ripped out of his chest so many times it's not funny, I'm not going to judge you or tell you to take drugs to make your feel "super happy". You be the man you've always wanted to be for a woman. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, then screw her, she's an idiot. Just think that she'll be knocked up with a kid within 2 years, lost half her teeth due to meth and has to pee in a cup for her parole officer. Just think it and move on.

Be strong, Cody.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 21 (view)

I almost missed a gem.
Posted: 9/12/2012 8:39:55 PM
The vast majority of the time, when a woman says "Let's just be friends.", it's really a laugh and spit in your face. It states, "I want you to be my security blanket and be the man whose shoulder I want to cry on while I parade a litany of men in front of your face, emasculating you over and over, and to let you know who I'm screwing instead of you and who I think is more of a man than you."
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 18 (view)

Poor Guy Dating Rich Woman
Posted: 9/11/2012 7:50:35 PM
Very important. Try to find anything and I mean ANYTHING you can relate to with her father and USE THAT. Read up prior to the visit if you have to.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 206 (view)

At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:13:29 PM
I just turned 40 about two weeks ago and haven't had a significant relationship since 2007. Frankly, I'm just emotionally worn out. I don' t have the energy to start meaningful conversations, invest the time and money in all that dating stuff and then never hear from the woman again.

Plus, after what my ex-wife did to me (affair with best friend of twenty years), I don't ever want to leave myself that vulnerable emotionally ever again. I've tried and I've tried, but like the old saying goes... "Fool me once... " People say, "Get over it." and to a degree they're right, but you never forget and you will always have an emotional wall put up.

Just need to put this out there. I'm not a f***ing male model, but I've got news for 99.9% of the women on this site, NEITHER ARE YOU.

Also, my number one priority in my life is MY kids. So sick of women that tell me that I have practically dump them in order to date them. Piss off.

Quite frankly, the power of the vagina has no effect on me anymore. I don't care if I ever have sex again the rest of my life, because frankly, the cost is just too high. Time to live my life for me and my kids and ONLY me and my kids.

My answer to the question is this: Give up when you nothing left to give and/or when you keep getting told you have nothing left to offer.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 5 (view)

would this be a dealbreaker?
Posted: 9/4/2012 2:51:09 PM

Here's what I think -- and I'm catholic. Maybe not a good catholic.

You're a recovering Catholic. ;)
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 2 (view)

would this be a dealbreaker?
Posted: 9/4/2012 2:42:08 PM
Personally, I would never advocate nor push a woman to have an abortion. But then again, I'm not a woman and it's not my body. Would I like to know? Probably, I suppose, because it is something that could shape the woman's present-day views and if you want to be in a committed relationship with someone that would be something you would need to know if order to fully understand that person.

Would it be a deal-breaker for me? If it were something brought upon like rape, incest or health of the mother, then absolutely not, it would definitely not be a deal-breaker for me. If it were something where she was young and stupid and got pregnant, it wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker for me, but I would inquire further. If she used abortions like contraceptive after-the-fact, then I'd tell her to hit the bricks.

For me, the issue is definitely more grey than black-and-white.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 64 (view)

SIngle dads with kids full time.
Posted: 8/6/2012 3:32:33 PM
Thank you. As a divorced father of two girls, it's very rare that men get any sort of respect as a parent.

But the kicker to what you said is, the ones that run more than likely are ones with children themselves. Like you said, good riddance to bad rubbish.
 darkhawk36
Msg: 11 (view)

Questions from a single father!
Posted: 7/29/2012 6:11:47 AM
Bit of advice: don't be too over the top about your parental ignorance (not saying you're ignorant, you know what I mean). There are people out there that still think a man can't raise children alone, let alone a daughter. Those people can and will cause trouble for you and it will come from a place you'd never expect.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 3 (view)

Should I or Shouldn't I
Posted: 7/29/2012 5:57:09 AM
Bottom line: bad idea. Focus on YOUR life.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 47 (view)

SIngle dads with kids full time.
Posted: 7/14/2012 11:23:05 PM
Being a single dad is the most rewarding, frustrating, beautiful, heart-wrenching, prideful, bang your head against the wall experience.

Then I try to date..... LMAO.

Show ALL Forums