Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: A question for the Guys...Ever been TOO BUSY TO CALL?
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 183 (view)

A question for the Guys...Ever been TOO BUSY TO CALL?
Posted: 9/26/2007 11:29:20 PM
Ever been TOO BUSY TO CALL? Well...HELL YES!!!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 20 (view)

what do i do?
Posted: 5/14/2007 7:47:21 PM
Where's the OP? I Bet He Told Her!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 69 (view)

Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 7:42:21 PM
If I catch a hint of negative assumptions...I smile, turn and walk the other way.
No time to deal with that kind of crap! I've made good choices in some areas of my life, don't give me crap about it!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 16 (view)

what do i do?
Posted: 5/14/2007 7:14:00 PM
Do Not Tell Her! I repeat, Do Not Tell Her!

Right now you are in the "friend zone." You would be able to tell if you weren't in the friend zone...she'd be making a move on you! If you tell her how you feel you could/will disrupt the comfort she has in your friendship. You might even scare her away.

If you want to get out of the "freind zone" you'll have to go against your instincts.
Try making your "friendship" a little less convenient. Be too busy to hang out a time or two. Even mention to your "friend" how you might be interested in dating a new girl you just happened to meet.

Some may laugh at this, BUT if you follow this you will know exactly where you stand without putting your heart on the chopping block, AND without risking your freindship. She will either display greater attraction to you OR she will just remain your friend. Take it or leave it from a Young Old Dude!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 495 (view)

would you date a stripper?
Posted: 5/14/2007 5:57:07 PM
Years ago thought it was cool, kind of impressed my male friends also. The women I knew were nice, sexy, and fun! The party life (in and outside the stip club) was an issue...but that was part of the reason I was there too.

I have no regrets, but I did learn what the previous poster eluded too...It's a negative environrment. Much more harm is caused inside those doors THAT far outweighs any good that walks out of those doors. Just my humble opinion. Be ready for anything!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 43 (view)

Buying drinks
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:25:02 PM
"I'll buy you one...IF YOU buy me one," said with a warn smile on your face is a good response.
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 410 (view)

If you're single and not dating, what's your reason?
Posted: 5/1/2007 6:13:03 PM
I always thought there would be plenty of time for that when I got old!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 11 (view)

A Theory on The Game (feedback wanted)
Posted: 4/29/2007 8:52:29 PM
Have patience Grasshopper Ren, Somethings just take a while to figure out...especially women! There are worse things than being called a nice guy and placed on the "friends" list.

A lot of what you are studying has truth to it. However, ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO BECOME A JERK to successfully apply the behavioral principles (or theories) that build attraction. Having the confidence not to be a pushover (Nice Guy) is the Cake. Having the skills to politely, respectfully, and never rudely communicate that confidence is the Icing. Guess who likes frosted cake!

You are on your way! Have Fun!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 56 (view)

Frumpiness and inability to meet a girlfriend....how do you solve this?
Posted: 4/24/2007 8:27:33 PM
It sounds to me that he is playing the 'help me out' game for the attention he is getting from you (and friends), which is a basic humanistic tendency.

However, he has no real intention of changing...BUT he's getting alot of mileage out of this. So why should he end the charade?

Time to throw in the towel--He obviously isn't attracted to the female persuasion....
why else would someone go to those lengths to repel them? Whether his actions are conscious or not, you have to have wondered!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 32 (view)

Who is The Picker
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:04:07 PM
I don't know the ratios, BUT it has to be at least 10:1 men to women for online dating.

That makes women the ones who choose (even though everyone has a 'choice').
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 333 (view)

Is it ok to have a friend with benefits.....???????????
Posted: 4/8/2007 2:29:50 PM
If both stay on the same page AND understand why f.w.b. is the best option for them, it can be the best ever! It's delightfully liberating to have the 'relationship' pressure not in play.
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 116 (view)

A question for the Guys...Ever been TOO BUSY TO CALL?
Posted: 3/31/2007 2:22:22 PM
Yes.

I don't think many would be happy with the superficial 2 second call, "Hey, just thinking of you, been real busy, Bye." Isn't that a little empty? 'Time' is what is wanted more than the call. Trying to court someone special when you just don't have the extra time to invest...normally not a good plan!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 134 (view)

Approaching women in bars
Posted: 3/27/2007 4:13:20 PM
Don't Do It! Unless you are a professional...
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 6 (view)

dreading turning 30
Posted: 3/26/2007 4:49:05 PM
Hey man, My hardest to face birthday was 30. I felt like I had not attained the lofty goals I had set for myself by that age. I felt the pressure of that day growing nearer, all the while knowing I was falling short. It had nothing to do with actually getting older, just kind of like I was letting myself down by not being as successful in my carreer and finances as I had imagined I would be.

Then the day came...The Big 3-0! And you know what happened? My friends and I had a big party and when I woke up the next day everything was cool! So what if I wasn't exactly where I thought I should be. It was the beginning of my prime! My life was right there for me to mold any way I chose. It was like a huge weight came off my back. I might have not been the mogul I visualized, BUT I had my health, my recalculated goals, and a renewed enthusiasm for what could be. It was all good!

Looking back it was the BEGINNING of the best phase of my life that has continued to now. 30's were awesome, and you know what? 40's are proving to be even better! Good Luck Dude!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 111 (view)

Approaching women in bars
Posted: 12/4/2006 6:21:52 PM
I'm of the opinion that most women don't mind being approached...it's what happens after that!

If you are wanting to approach a woman because she's attractive, then you are probably the hundredth (or thousandth) guy to do so in the last month. So she's ready for you! She's already got her defenses planned and rehearsed. Knowing this to be the case, Do Something to set yourself apart from the masses that have failed before you. She won't cut you much slack because she has been conditioned to the same old--same old lame approaches...Can I buy you a drink? Would you like to dance? Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

The whole time you're struggling to be cool and trying to think of something interesting to say...She's thinking "Oh No, not another desperate dork...How long is he going to hang out? I don't want to be bothered all night!" That's when you get the blowoff!

I've found that a nice smile and politeness with something interesting and relevent to say GOES A LOT FARTHER if you communicate (or give the impression) that you are NOT going to hang out and bug her all night long--works best. That approach takes the pressure off her right from the get go...now she doesn't have to worry about getting rid of you! Be funny, be interesting, be brief. If you get great vibes, ask her for her number before you leave her to "Get back to my friends." If you don't get the great vibes, Just be polite before leaving for your group. She will be intrigued that you didn't mimmic the hundred's before you and who knows...She just may approach you later!!!

If not...who cares? No one needs to be hurt, embarrassed, or ridiculed...NO WORRIES!

YoungOldDude
Msg: 44 (view)

What is one of the craziest things that happened to you on a first date??
Posted: 12/2/2006 12:12:46 AM
Euirpwjn iwr rohjtrj ;rjiwjw wijutruujvns/w rworitw erupfuxvu er[utw[ rwe
weiorut urwepri 3p944p39im rkwktk wiikt wi2- 4t gl,pri w4tk gr wriot[ w54i!!!!!!!!!

sdofgo jma ; 4;io[2 4i23pi 2 dm vh rttbgn iut34u tp42 tjto oiu4oi4ii4m 4ij 4iu 4 4u32 haser ouu4 u30ujh f hjperqrh ij weiu r ejke r'qoe r euwr'!!!!!!!!!!!

Blasted Censors!!!!???!!!!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 76 (view)

Drunk Messaging
Posted: 11/14/2006 8:41:26 PM
OOPS...I guess I was drunk posting!!!

That's the problem...I hate it when I look at my SENT BOX the day after and get mortified at all the stupid messages I sent. What was I thinking??? (NOT!)
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 1 (view)

Drunk Messaging
Posted: 11/12/2006 12:50:00 AM
Do you send drunk messages late at nite...like when you get home from the bars: or do get get drunk messages...from intoxicated admirers late at night? Be Honest!!!
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 916 (view)

I am single because...
Posted: 6/19/2006 6:30:57 PM
Because she hasn't clubbed me over the head and drug me back to her cave
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 56 (view)

What is an acceptable amount of years above and below your age to date?
Posted: 6/15/2006 10:13:50 PM
Thanks tk from way back. I like the idea of dividing my age in half and adding 7...
I knew there was a reason I liked 28 year olds! lol

Who's really to say what age we will be attracted to until it happens?
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 84 (view)

for those that have no kids do you ever think you will?
Posted: 6/15/2006 9:58:58 PM
I'm beginning to think that I've missed out on one of the most awesome experiences
in life. I guess at this point I'd have to mate with someone younger since most my age
'Do Not Want Children'...Darn-It!
 youngolddude
Msg: 62 (view)

Why can't a man just lay it out honestly...
Posted: 6/12/2006 9:53:51 PM
Maybe the prospect of a desired realtionship with a seeming match can cloud our better judgement? Words can be misleading, misinterpreted, mistaken. Actions that matter, the ones that show the core characteristics, are usually very truthful.

So, it is laid out. Just not honestly. Why do these things come with smoke and mirrors?
 youngOldDude
Msg: 22 (view)

why is it that who you fancy doesnt fancy you back??
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:50:15 PM
Of all the profiles getting browsed by everybody, only a small percentage really stand out. It's because of a hot photo, humor, something catchy, etc. SO now there's a large base messaging a smaller group. I theorize this smaller group gets lots of emails. So, many messages are just lost in the volume, and only the ones that stand out to the recipient get responses. The people getting tons of emails can pick and choose. Maybe try to pick profiles that are not targeted by such a big group. Reading the profiles sometimes can give you clues to common interests that may spark a conversation. Also, try to make your profile stand out from the masses and more people will contact you. Good Luck!

Good fishing!
 youngOldDude
Msg: 44 (view)

Bi Polar Disorder
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:22:14 PM
my FREE advise: If they won't get help and stay on a program--cut and run.
Maybe it could work if both share the same illness?

Show ALL Forums