Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Where do you go?
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 1 (view)

Where do you go?
Posted: 10/19/2018 1:32:19 PM
I remembered what I wanted to post.

POF UK forum appears to have flatlined. No one posts, well not exactly no one I know, but not many not often..

I hope you are all out there somewhere enjoying yourselves. But if you are about online, where do you go? Where is forum where there is activity?
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 486 (view)

Random Music - Happy Mondays
Posted: 10/19/2018 1:15:21 PM
Where is the button to post a new thread?
Am I possibly banned from doing so? How do I know I am, other than I cannot find the [I know it is not called a button, but what is it called?]
I wanted to ask something..and now I cannot remember what it was..

Gahhhh! Found it. New Thread. OK. Once I remember what I wanted to post, I'll try remember where the button is. Synchronicity is all..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 485 (view)

Random Music - Happy Mondays
Posted: 10/19/2018 12:53:08 PM
I didn't watch the wedding on telly. But I must admit I have been charmed by the coverage I've seen since. They appear to be a couple stupidly wonderfully in love. And why not? I did this. Some time ago. And one hundred billion million have done too. I look back in fondness, after the fact. And there was a lot of humour in their wedding too..

Another crap week at work. Don't want to, even if I could, think about changing jobs. But my daughter said to me the other day I am always whinging about how awful/stressful/****ing bonkers/etc etc my work is. Why am I doing this, day after day? I need a week - at least - of organising everything I need to do. I KNOW I am not the only one. But I have got to change something soon.. do something different.. work smarter, not harder..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 21 (view)

Why do women have no sense of humour yet ask for GSOH ?
Posted: 10/19/2018 12:37:04 PM
I'm not sure if you just wanted an arena for your joke du jour or the fact you appear to appreciate this type of humour.. but I just wanted to say, I think when people say they are looking for someone with a GSOH it is on a more personal level not just a joke level. I might like a GSOH - like banter, mickey taking, pranks [my life, I sound like my Dad] - but really really don't want to be told jokes all day long.
I think as usual I am overthinking this. But really, I wouldn't want to listen to jokes all the time..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 3 (view)

Wants to date but nothing serious / Looking for a relationship
Posted: 10/19/2018 12:28:09 PM
So don't message back and forth for months. If you receive the holy grail of messages* on here, then set the tone that you are aiming to meet up as soon as. Not for anything heavy - no idea what that constitutes - but just something casual.

I would say change status to looking for relationship but in the blurb in the middle bit clarify how you expect to go about it and what you're after. Honesty, openness is really the best we have..

*the holy grail of messages is that which is from someone you want a message to be from, in a manner you want it..

I need to think about life too..
 nicolaseven
Msg: 445 (view)

Holiday - small one
Posted: 10/5/2018 1:09:33 PM

Nicola, sad to hear about your loss, I’ve never experienced this on a personal level but can empathise by imagining how I’d feel if I heard this news about someone I know. Very sad.

Thank you Roxy - you really are the sweetest person.
I'm still feeling loss. She is/was my ex husband/'s aunt. A tenuous link. But someone I connected with and wanted to spend time with when she was around and who was loved by everyone who met her. A world without her is almost unimaginable. She has two sons, both in in their thirties. I cannot imagine their aching hearts right now..
 nicolaseven
Msg: 5 (view)

Annoying questions. How do you answer them?
Posted: 9/21/2018 1:41:56 PM

Your question is a valid one actually, OP. I'm not voting to delete it.

How to vote not delete? I see the delete post button but don't want to press thinking I might get an option not to delete if the case of pressing will add to the delete requests..

As for annoying questions. Ignore the questions if there's potential. But if the questions combined with the lack of integrity in the overall message or profile overwhelm my sensibilities, it'll be block block block. I can think of many that would fit that category. People deserve chances if they give themselves chances...
 nicolaseven
Msg: 13 (view)

Should I respond to messages from guys I will not meet?
Posted: 9/21/2018 1:33:37 PM
I'm likely to respond thank you for your message but I'm not interested right now. If they respond to that in a derogatory negative way, then that'll probably be the last message between us. If there's acknowledgment of my non-interest and messages with just a bit of chat I'll most likely be up for that unless there's something in the profile which is a complete turn off.
Actually, thinking about it, there's probably a whole lot of other factors which would impact me responding to a message from someone I didn't think would be compatible. This is all a crap shoot. And I recognise it works both ways...
 nicolaseven
Msg: 286 (view)

Favorite POF forum posters?
Posted: 9/21/2018 1:25:05 PM
Abelian.
Mchurch.
 nicolaseven
Msg: 413 (view)

Holiday - small one
Posted: 9/21/2018 1:03:49 PM
Feeling sad on a level I know reasonably I shouldn't. Was told earlier today someone I didn't see very often but cared about committed suicide. I cannot shake a sort of pissed off feeling that's combined with a feeling of loss.
I feel the world is less without her.
I need to journal something, to write about her, write about my memories of and with her. To celebrate and remember her.
 nicolaseven
Msg: 23 (view)

The one thing about your life that people find odd
Posted: 9/8/2018 3:05:16 PM
I don't have a car. My commute to work is usually not much more than 2 minutes walk on a good pelican or zebra crossing. I feel there's no need to have a car sat on my drive Monday thru Friday.. though when I want to go see someone/or be somewhere I'd obviously love to just jump in my car and go/be wherever I need to be..
 nicolaseven
Msg: 23 (view)

The best band you have ever seen live.
Posted: 9/8/2018 2:49:18 PM
Lady Gaga. Twickenham.

And bands I cannot remember names of on Poole Quay music festival or at the place that sells pies - compass point, cannot remember proper name. But just enjoyed the music, the vibe, the sun, it all..
 nicolaseven
Msg: 385 (view)

Random Music - Lets Sing About Everything
Posted: 9/8/2018 2:41:56 PM
And your random music selection was ...
 nicolaseven
Msg: 21 (view)

what is your guilty pleasure
Posted: 9/8/2018 2:27:17 PM
No shame, I love trash TV.
BB, CBB, TOWIE, Housewives of [everywhere]
One of my favourites is Vanderpump Rules..
I love British TV, we have so much talent and expertise. A long list of stuff I need to binge on.
 nicolaseven
Msg: 383 (view)

Random Music - Lets Sing About Everything
Posted: 9/8/2018 2:14:56 PM
Am looking forward to seeing the Queen flick. October, I think. Will usually wait for a DVD to be sold on local facebook sell sites or to see it on TV. But this one, I'll pay cinema seat money. Better be good ..
 nicolaseven
Msg: 17 (view)

Forum Roll Call
Posted: 9/8/2018 1:57:44 PM
I'm a poster from pre September 2012. Had a lot of laughs back then. Met a lot of posters at that time, some of them still posting now. Lurk a lot now..
I've had the pleasure of meeting two of the posters on this thread..wonder if they'll remember me :D
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 10 (view)

Do ya wanna be in my gang?
Posted: 6/6/2012 1:21:30 PM

I'm confused at this Rule 1 - upon checking the forum rules it appears to be that you are not allowed to insult anybody but that does not fit into the context that it is being used.

You sound just like Data from Star Trek..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 6/6/2012 1:16:57 PM
Well you're obviously in the wrong place then Avalon, aren't you?
 NicolaSeven

Posted: 6/6/2012 12:53:16 PM
Jovan I have reported you.

You cannot say that sort of thing in this forum..

I am now reporting you again for your edit.. this cannot continue.

Belviso.. it's just a play on the name Nicola Six from Martin Amis' London Fields..

I think theoneana meant quiche.. there's quiche somewhere..
 NicolaSeven

Posted: 6/6/2012 12:46:10 PM
I always remember feeling like that..

but lately, I dont. It's odd.
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 2 (view)

Do we hurt ourselves more than we need to?
Posted: 5/18/2012 3:07:29 PM
I must admit I am unreasonably stunned when I find out someone doesnt like me. I dont know why I cannot immediately accept that not everyone will like me. I dont mean here on the POF forum, I mean in life in general..

When I am aware someone doesnt like me, I do find it does affect for an unreasonable amount of time. I wont obsess over it but I do dwell on it from time to time, ponder over, until something else takes my attention. No matter how long I worry I dont think I'll change the way I interact with people, I'm too old for change. Maybe, maybe not.

As to interaction with others on this forum.. sometimes a response to what I or others have posted will initially elicit a reaction that isnt warranted. I have noticed over and over again that a person will post, read the post following theirs and think this second poster is responding to theirs and go off on one..

I dont think you can compare real life experiences to posting on a forum.. for one, you just dont have the familiarity, body language, facial expressions, etc., here that you usually have in your personal life.
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 6 (view)

3 Strikes and you are out!
Posted: 5/18/2012 2:14:57 PM
There are a number of people with whom I have let our friendship lapse following situations I wasnt happy with but if they were to come to me after this to either reconnect or ask for help or whatever I probably would do as much as I could..

Maybe I'm lucky.. I dont think I've had anyone do something so awful to me that I wouldnt ever want anything to do with them ever again.

When you say '3 strikes' or '1 strike' OP, what's your definition of a 'strike'?
 NicolaSeven

Coworker drama
Posted: 5/12/2012 2:13:58 PM
Turn yourself or her over to the Friend Zone..

Can you not be a good friend at the same time as being a co-worker? I'd take a bet on it being better that way round..
Surely you know it adds so much unnecessary drama when you work with someone you have a relationship with?

and I dont quite understand: 'cuz Im attracted to a woman who needs to be treated right'..
doesnt everyone, really, want to be treated right?
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 6 (view)

Have you ever called someone the wrong name?
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:30:57 PM
I did call one ex the name of a previous ex..

I remember asking.. What does MIT stand for *****? He was not happy but to me it was just a slip up in conversation, it wasn't as if we were in bed or anything. Only thing is I did call him the ex's name maybe about 5 times over a 18 month period so I sort of understand his displeasure.

Another time, with a different man, whilst actually in bed I did call out his best friend's name.. that was odd..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 4 (view)

Talking about a revolution...
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:26:30 PM
'My dream is to make the whole world a paradise for motorcycle gangs.' via L.

If that doesn't work, then maybe internet gangs..
 NicolaSeven

Did you know what you wanted to do when you left school?
Posted: 5/10/2012 5:25:37 AM
I left school at the earliest opportunity and I had no idea either what I wanted to do and have definitely drifted from job to job, mostly admin/office based with part time bar work/other thrown in for the extra cash.

I know I have wasted so many opportunities to gain qualifications or different work experience - the only thing I do now is use my sorry self as an example to my children to encourage their further education and life/work experiences.
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 39 (view)

Huge mole on face, or small scar from having it removed?
Posted: 4/29/2012 4:42:53 PM

(am I turning you on yet?)

Am sure you could turn anyone one on..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2012 3:23:49 PM

I've just sicked up a bit in my mouth...skin tag my arse!

Waaaaaaaaaah I'll have more of a complex after this then... but I've got to know, what TF was it's name...

Now you've said all that I have to explain that my skin tag is like an.. O .. no bigger than that. From your description of your BF and comparison to mine I dont want aanyone to think I've got some sort of mutant on my neck..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2012 3:10:00 PM
Actually I forgot I have a skin tag on my neck and these are really rather creepy.. I don't know about others but I can sort of pull the tag (mole) away from my neck.. (imagine taking a single hair and pulling it away from the skin.. it's like that..) it's not nice..

If I had to look at a skin tag on someone else I think I would try find ways of suggesting it's removal.. it's not a good look really..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2012 2:52:28 PM
To put you or your friend's mole into perspective, did you see recent reports of the boy who had a mole removed from his back that was the size of his back?

As for the OP.. I would, I think, have the moles if they were on my face removed. I have two moles on my body that if they were on my face I would definitely have had removed.. both are about twice the size of an O (as typed) and where they are dont bother me but on my face I would not be happy.. (then again not happy right now anyway...)

I do look at people with moles on their face (that I have known and seen for years) and wonder why they havent investigated having them removed.
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 16 (view)

Just be happy
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:37:26 PM
Tonight I just dont feel very happy at all, in fact I feel just a little bit tearful.. I know I could cry if I forced my emotions..

and the thing is.. if someone said 'just be happy', it would make me feel worse.. right now dont want to feel happy, so I wont..

and dont anyone give me any b*ll*cks about time of the month because that doesnt apply to me, had hysterics years ago..

So, my comment is, I'll just go with my emotions... and you too, (whoever you are) go with yours..

vvvvv tried to mail you but couldnt... Hysterectomy vvvv :D
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 12 (view)

Dance Fever
Posted: 4/26/2012 5:34:12 PM

Now, I am much in demand for dancing....

I can so agree with that.. any man who can move, in pretty much (I think) any style, on the dance floor will be a man in demand. I've watched the desire from the ladies watching this dancing man and I've watched the man myself with longing...

.. to jive.

If you're dancing with one particular partner this has got to be the best dance ever.. I wish I could this better than I think I can..

Is it awful to admit I do like dances like the macarena, the Whigfield one, the Timewalk and all those sort of dances.. yes, I guess it is awful in comparison.. but I can do these..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 11 (view)

Dance Fever
Posted: 4/26/2012 4:26:53 PM
I tried many many years ago to learn Ballroom and I think Latin with the then husband.. best part about it was that we were both as crap as each other.. We just could not do it..

Is the cha-cha-cha (or something like that) a dance in those categories? Not sure it's called that but I did enjoy that one but everything else was just so uncomprehensible to our (mine and ex) feet..

BUT I WOULD LOVE TO DO IT..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 28 (view)

age defying trickery???
Posted: 4/21/2012 7:27:36 AM
Thanks Pandora and Swan.. some things to think about if I definitely decide to do it. A cousin who went grey early dyes hers a more flattering white/grey and that's what I have in mind.. it's just taking that first step.

One other thing I ought to look into is the individual semi permanent false eye lashes (does that make sense). Mine seem to sparse sometimes.
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 25 (view)

age defying trickery???
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:30:45 PM
I would like to strip my hair of colour - I pretty much know I am completely grey under the colour (my younger sister is) but I asked a hairdresser friend about it recently and she said it's very very destructive to the hair to strip colour.. somewhat very expensive and not guaranteed to strip it completely. She suggested I let it grow out...

How did she think I was going to do that? Go live on a isolated island for how many months? Oh, sorry, forgot to buy the lottery ticket..

I remember walking behind a woman with a similar style hair do to mine and saying to my friend.. 'if I looked like that, I would do it in a minute..'
 NicolaSeven

Describe the last dream you can remember having
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:11:53 PM

Dreams are just the way the mind files information. It does it at night so as not to disturb you, doesn't always work.

You're right. Some of my daydreams would be absolutely catastrophic on anyone's mental health.. never mind mine.

And considering daydreams.. the most 'efficient' one is the one where I drive 20 mins to work and dont, as I park, remember a single thing about the journey.. the bizarre thing is I also dont remember anything about my thought process during the journey.. What was I thinking about.. or dreaming about.. or what?
 NicolaSeven

Describe the last dream you can remember having
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:02:37 PM

On the 11th of August 2007, a Saturday, I had a dream about Antony H Wilson... /snip/...Anyway, on the Monday I found out he had died of cancer on Friday 10th, which sent a bit of a shiver down my spine.

I've had one similar dream and a friend told me of her dream which was pretty much the same.. it's mindblowing, isnt it?

My most recent dream I remember was going to the library, processing my books, hitting the 'my account' button and seeing that I owed 1.00£. I then put coins into the slot but as I did the total owed changed from 1.00£ to 100£. I sort of remember being somewhat unhappy and letting the library staff know about it as they tried to explain how I owed that amount.. I dont remember much about the dream just a general sort of conflict in the library. I dont even remember who convinced who was right..

I do love it when I am just living my life and something ordinary happens which then reminds me of a wild dream I had and for a few seconds I am transported back to that unreality..
 NicolaSeven

do usernames put you off?
Posted: 4/18/2012 2:44:08 PM

not sure what you mean there

neither do I..
 NicolaSeven

Long distance
Posted: 4/18/2012 2:41:46 PM

sometimes when things go wrong distance is an advantage!!!!

there's always a silver lining..
 NicolaSeven

do usernames put you off?
Posted: 4/18/2012 2:34:56 PM

... it took me 12 attempts to come up with a name that hadnt been taken i was ready to give up and go elsewhere .lol

I almost always like your posts, you are direct and say what you want to say.. so from a forum point of view I would look out for what you do ie if you have started a thread or were the last poster.. I would click on that particular thread...

However.. (if your male counterpart had sent me mail) I would probably disregard it totally on your user name..

(Ihope you appreciate this is not aimed directly at you, just at the use of this type of user name..)

Ugh.. no emoticons to lighten the mood?

Guess what this one is then..

(-.(-.(-.(-.-).-).-).-)
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 9 (view)

Do you need to live with your partner?
Posted: 4/3/2012 1:19:18 PM
No I don't.. but sometimes I wish I did..

In my head (when I am driving around, which is the time I find myself awakening from a day dream {youn know what I mean}) I just want to have a relationship where I say every day at about 6pm ish.. 'Hello love, cuppa tea?..' Makes me feel good, sometimes..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 12 (view)

Unsuitable partners
Posted: 4/3/2012 1:16:48 PM

Don't really agree with the term FvckBuddy... It just seems like something people say to delude themselves into thinking, that they're not using someone else (or aren't being used) for sex.

I always thought the term FvckBuddy was really actually used to recognise/annotate that each other was actually really using each other as a FvckBuddy.. what did you think they thought about each other?
 NicolaSeven

Unsuitable partners
Posted: 4/3/2012 1:05:08 PM
I've had some very very very short term liaisons with some fabulous-at-the-time men.. sometimes (me) wanting more and sometimes Not.Ever.Going.There.Again.. but I've never had a situation like this lasting more than a few dates/meets..

No regrets.. there's some good memories looking back there.. even though he or I realised as good as it seemed at the time it wasnt enough.. or the attraction wasnt enough.. or there just wasnt any interest after that dalliance..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 8 (view)

Under two years
Posted: 3/24/2012 3:33:33 PM

If you’re in my age range say 35 to 45; do you think that people who have not had a relationship last more than a couple of years are worth dating?

I’ve meet a couple of woman recently whose profiles stated that their longest relationship had been under two years; and to be honest it didn’t surprise me.

Now I’m only talking through my own experiences here, but surely when you’ve been in the dating pool for the best part of 25 years and you haven’t been able to find someone you can get on with for more than a few months’ there has to be something going on?

What are your thoughts on this?

then you said:

I don't ask about previous relationships but would you be offended if you were asked?

So, do you as your OP, ask re prev relationships or not.. I'm not sure where you're going with this one..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 86 (view)

'Babe', punctuation, and one-liners - what irritates you?
Posted: 3/24/2012 2:47:14 PM

awww i dont believe a word of it princess

reported..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 4 (view)

Under two years
Posted: 3/24/2012 2:44:18 PM

What are your thoughts on this?

I just think you have a negative outlook on life.

Who knows what experiences anyone else has had until you meet them and get to know them..

The bit I dont understand is your interest in women who you are clearly not interested in, when you state:

... and to be honest it didn’t surprise me.

Why are you so bothered about people you have such disdain for?
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 82 (view)

'Babe', punctuation, and one-liners - what irritates you?
Posted: 3/24/2012 2:27:45 PM

Him...Hi babe where u frm xxxxxx
Me....Hi I live in ***** it's west of Newcastle. Where abouts are you? Jill
Him...Gateshead babe xxxxxx
Me....Ahh right. I've just got home. Been to the cinema with some friends to see ****** . Great movie. Have you seen it? Jill x
Him...no babe xxxxxx
Me....Do you have anything good planned for the weekend? Jill x
Him....no babe xxxxxx

Have had similar too.. with same and different 'terms of endearment'. At a certain point, even though there's communication, I realise there's no going anywhere, at all... Cut Off. That's it.

Sort of off topic... I really don't mind most greetings (as long as they're not like above) but got to say... I really hate someone younger than me calling me 'love'.. I would smack them if I could get away with it..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 18 (view)

Hiding Cigarettes
Posted: 3/23/2012 5:53:35 PM
A groad* meaning a number that matters in the right here right now but doesnt matter when counting other stats...
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 15 (view)

Hiding Cigarettes
Posted: 3/23/2012 4:40:10 PM

Everyone knows smoking is bad for you and I do truly wish that the government would just ban it totally...

The government has too much revenue from smoking to ever ban it.

I personally dont believe a screen at a point of sale will deter any smoker. One usually starts smoking to fit in with peers or to prove something - it isnt about what is or isnt offered in the shop. As another posted noted most will know what brand they want or will just ask for the cheapest.

This really isnt the best thought out idea but it will, as usual, make more work for someone else..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 9 (view)

Slow response and changing mind
Posted: 3/4/2012 3:04:03 PM

The whole not meeting because it is raining is bull, if they want to see you then they wont mess you about.

If one has frizzy hair then the not meeting because it is raining is NOT bull.. it's because we do not want to have frizzy hair.. did you ever see that Friends episode?

Show ALL Forums