Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
 Byrd
Msg: 30 (view)

Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
Posted: 3/29/2014 4:42:37 PM
I smoke weed and don't drink it makes me feel good so I do it. But of course Messages this short can not be posted..lol So I have to keep writing even though I said what I had to say..
 Byrd
Msg: 69 (view)

Folk Music....
Posted: 10/27/2012 2:25:31 PM
Wow had no ideaer this would still be around still listening to Folk and classic Rock but love Folk more. Once in a while hear artists I never heard of that are great old and newer groups.. Recently picked up some Jim Croce, and also the book that recently came out written by his wife, "I got a Name." Boy! he sure got screwed over.
 Byrd
Msg: 17 (view)

I can take it in stride but this kinda sucks
Posted: 7/6/2012 9:06:21 PM
Dating sites are creepy you never know what your going to get. While reading your rant about this person the thought that kept coming up is that this person whos ad you answered is a man. I would let it go you don't need weird trouble.
 Byrd
Msg: 29 (view)

What inspires you to produce your Art?
Posted: 5/7/2011 5:29:42 PM
Injustice, Emotions, good music usually 60's Folk. And weed it helps to relax me. I never thought in a million years someone would hire me for my thoughts. And to think it all started with Plentyoffish.
 Byrd
Msg: 8 (view)

Music you have been jamming to lately
Posted: 5/7/2011 5:23:54 PM
Anything Bob Dylan, it's weird never really got into his music before. Of course Byrds messages this short cannot bee posted. Bob Dylan, really into Bob Dylan.
 Byrd
Msg: 200 (view)

Do you wonder when to say I love you?
Posted: 3/26/2011 9:04:38 PM
I say it all the time to my old cat. Messages this short cannot be posted when they are posted by BYRD. So I have to write this big long old sentence just to post some smart alleck answer that's really not funny. I'm going to go smoke some weed now have a great evening.
 Byrd
Msg: 34 (view)

Thinking about skipping Thanksgiving
Posted: 11/19/2010 10:31:27 AM
Go through this every year used to work all holidays for extra cash. Never did the family thing. I live in a small community with other singeles we manage to put something together every year. With me it's Christmas a very special woman in my life died around Christmas 7 years ago now. I haven't been with anyone since. Usually I ignore Christmas but not this year I already have Christmas lights up I'm going to celebrate. You never know when your time is comming. Besides a new neighbor moved in he's got a kid and I look like Santa Claus whata gonna do?
 Byrd
Msg: 20 (view)

Advice needed about a very strange email
Posted: 11/16/2010 12:36:39 PM
If nothing else works tell her your gay and not intrested in men then block her and change that e-mail. If that don't work file harrassment charges with your local P.D.
 Byrd
Msg: 36 (view)

Best Book Ever
Posted: 11/5/2010 7:00:45 PM
That was a great book. ^^^ I love that I can order just about whatever I like to read from Amazon, got another Steinback: Travels with Charley. Bukowski: Factotum. I love to read used to read a book everyday but then got depressed quit a few years it was hell.
 Byrd
Msg: 33 (view)

Alternate to AA
Posted: 11/3/2010 7:50:24 PM
I was in the program for 17 years. It wasn't for me, found it to be a good program but there's more to life than the 12 steps. I have been off alcohol 7 and a half years. Didn't know that about Bill W. FRIGGEN JERK!
 Byrd
Msg: 7 (view)

Homeless asking for Money....
Posted: 10/27/2010 10:01:18 PM
I've been houseless several times in my life. I haven't panhandled nore than 5 times in my life, always found work.. I gave out thousands of dollars thru the years, but the times r a changin and people are aggressively vicious. I just say no most of the time. If someones really hurting and I can tell if they are a poser or not I'll feed someone or give them water but thats it.
 Byrd

Turning my back on a family member............
Posted: 9/24/2010 8:35:23 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. My Sister is that way too. In fact were all wacked to some extent. Your Sister is at peace now and you should not feel guilty. We all have different journeys to take in this life. Your Sister was unable to survive on this planet anymore, it's o.k. she is at peace. Blessings..
 Byrd
Msg: 5 (view)

Non-stop calling - here I go again
Posted: 9/4/2010 11:21:30 AM
I have OCD and it's hell but it's all in my mind. You got OCD and it's hell but it's all in your mind kick it out. Tell those thoughts you get to call that jerk, out of your head. It takes practice but after awhile it works. Go to a movie, read a book. Don't date anyone else till your able to control the OCD.
 Byrd
Msg: 26 (view)

Oversexed Nation?
Posted: 8/7/2010 4:28:01 PM
I'm an ugly old fat man no body wants to have sax with me so I practice alone. It's been that way for many years. I really don't mind all that much anymore, unless of course other ugly fat women are intrested. Then I'm willing to play for them.
 Byrd
Msg: 46 (view)

another workplace mass murder - mental health checkups needed
Posted: 8/7/2010 4:17:25 PM
I think that mandatory mental health check ups wouldn't work because most openly unstable people would not commit this action. It's the quiet ones with no police record, that seem to have their lives together that flip out usually. Just my opinion. That kind of crime cannot be predicted everyone in this world is so self obsessed. They don't think about how others act on a daily basis, unless it becomes an issue. That is the time to drop a dime to the law and hope they care enough to do something.
 Byrd
Msg: 16 (view)

GETTING OUT OF DODGE
Posted: 8/7/2010 4:07:43 PM
Google abandoned farmhouses, prehaps you could find a cheap fixer upper. I love checking out abandoned building sites on the internet. Living in Santa Barbara a vacation town I haven't been anywhere in many years, nor have I been successful enough to go anywhere. I'm in vacation hell. There's a site OABINNY, Old abandoned buildings in Northern New York. Many of them are beautiful old farms. Check it out. This could be an answer for some who have lost their homes, good luck.
 Byrd
Msg: 24 (view)

Best Book Ever
Posted: 7/28/2010 10:44:18 PM
The Grapes of Wrath. Steinback. All time greatest book I have ever read. Messages this short may not be printed because they are "Byrds"
 Byrd
Msg: 11 (view)

Does your art come from you, or through you?
Posted: 5/23/2010 5:09:05 PM
It's been flowing. I sit down to write something, once I get an idea usually from A past colum I write alittle something down next thing ya know I'm not even there half the time, it flows. I don't feel like I'm working, I feel like I'm flying it's wonderful.
 Byrd
Msg: 9 (view)

Peter Graves R.I.P.
Posted: 3/16/2010 9:27:50 PM
30 Years ago when I first came to Santa Barbara I worked at this condo estate several actors lived there. It was quite the experience for me. Peter and James Mother lived there and she hated me I couldn't seem to do anything right. She looked exacley like Peter the hair and face chasing me around in a blue dress was pretty scarey. RIP Peter
 Byrd
Msg: 4 (view)

Magdala Jean in Haiti,,,I love you
Posted: 1/14/2010 9:08:32 PM
Sure Sis, what's obvious is there's alot of insensitive people here. Messages this short may not be posted, no wonder some cannot get dates.
 Byrd
Msg: 2 (view)

Magdala Jean in Haiti,,,I love you
Posted: 1/14/2010 8:08:49 PM
If I knew of a place to take some of my clothes or old Teddy Bears I'd be mighty intrested, my love and prayers go out to everyone affected by this earthquake or anyone else who hurts. God bless you and your foster Daugther, Byrd
 Byrd
Msg: 21 (view)

Recycling Failure...
Posted: 12/31/2009 7:43:04 PM
I guess it's the state run recycling centers closing ours are private businesses they are not closing, one of them vows to stay open for the homeless and poor and that's kinda nice because not many companies this way will do things directly for the poor and homeless they all want a tax write off. We get alot more for alummin cans about 1.57 a pound but there are so many people collecting you hardly get anything. The politicans dipped into the State fund sounds about right.
 Byrd
Msg: 18 (view)

Recycling Failure...
Posted: 12/30/2009 9:32:40 PM
We only get half the deposit money back I recycled steady for a few years got staph acouple times trying to collect recycling I don't do it so much anymore but others do mostly homeless I wouldn't call it good money.
 Byrd
Msg: 15 (view)

Recycling Failure...
Posted: 12/30/2009 2:27:16 PM
There was alittle story in the news recently that the recycling centers are closing in California because some politicans in office were borrowing the money from the crv fund. It's too bad that those who are supposed to protect our intrests are scum bags, damn pubic servents.
 Byrd
Msg: 15 (view)

Do I have to be gay ... can't I just be me?
Posted: 12/29/2009 7:02:56 PM
I like telling people I did alittle stint in a state mental hospital for the criminaly unique 40 years for eating my family, you should see the looks on some of their faces. I have told women before I'm gay, to get them away from me. Now I just use American colone.
 Byrd
Msg: 8 (view)

Your Music Collection and use of it
Posted: 12/29/2009 6:51:19 PM
I have about 300 CD's Folk, Reggie, Alittle Jazz, some blues, country, classic rock, alternative, easy listening, a little soul, some christrian, I'm a mutt when it comes to music. I have some casettes, and alittle vinyl too. I listen to something usually everyday. I have a nice "Old School" JVC Stereo I was given by a guy who was going to throw it away, it's real fu*kin loud one of the best stereo's in the neighborhood. I like putting Black Sabbith on it cranking it.
 Byrd
Msg: 34 (view)

A family member is dying today, and I'm mad at him.
Posted: 12/28/2009 8:17:24 PM
Well I was molested a couple of times, brutaly raped once and I wasted a child molester, it was an accident but happened when I was 14 and I went away for it, I shouldn't have. My little Sister got molested by our Step-Father my Mom found out about it she married him. My Sister flipped. I didn't know way back then or I would have killed him. I didn't find out till I got to California with no intention of ever going back home. I called him up and told him if he ever touched her again I would go back and kill him and he never went near her again. A few years later he was dying and asked me to pray with him on the phone, and I did a few days later he died. Isn't it weird when people know? You gotta do what's best for you and only you know in your heart what that is, listen to your heart not your head.
 Byrd
Msg: 6 (view)

It's that Gifting time of year...
Posted: 12/23/2009 7:55:23 PM
Someone just bought me a heater it gets cold in Santa Barbara also anyway it wasn't safe to use around my cats, plus the outlet got hot so I turned it on to my neighbor I wasn't going to use it I don't see anything wrong with that.
 Byrd
Msg: 63 (view)

Folk Music....
Posted: 12/13/2009 7:59:42 PM
Called my Mom today and could hear Sonny and Cher in the back round that sure was a kick she loves her CD Player, 80 years old and shes still rock and rollin.
 Byrd
Msg: 45 (view)

Pot the fountain of youth?
Posted: 12/12/2009 12:44:35 PM
Some of you people are quite funny, really. I smoke also started a couple years back on the medical I'm far from retarded, my grammer sucks but I'm a writer too my editor doesn't seem to care. My life went totally oppsite. Tits? I got them but I'm a big guy, and I'm fine down South also but thanks for commenting. Grow Up!
 Byrd
Msg: 26 (view)

Screw You Martha Stewart
Posted: 12/12/2009 12:26:40 PM
I think I would like to screw Martha Stewart shes pretty hot. I get into all that Christmas stuff, I miss my spray on snow I put in my windows every year, when it rains it looks like snow. I've never been married or was able to have kids so I never got into that "Perfect 50's family cr*p." Maybe when I was a kid Mom, Dad, but my Dad treated us all bad and it never really appealed to me after I got the hell out of Chicago. The only thing that ever affected me this time of year is I lost one of the only women I've ever loved this time of year. But now it's different because she passed away Dec 19th my GrandMothers birthday, and they were alot alike I think this year I will find a way to celebrate both of their lives. Yes I agree screw Martha Stewart.
 Byrd
Msg: 16 (view)

Anyone had any weird 'nesting instincts' during a full moon?
Posted: 12/12/2009 11:58:37 AM
Some times you women really scare the hell outta me, nesting fullmoons I start thinkin about warewolves and stuff. The more I find out about women the more I like being single. No disrespect mean't.
 Byrd

Winter places in California
Posted: 12/11/2009 7:14:48 PM
I ranaway from Indiana almost 30 years ago splattered into Santa Barbara and have never left, not even to visit the folks.
 Byrd
Msg: 60 (view)

Folk Music....
Posted: 12/11/2009 7:03:14 PM
You can find just about anything ya want at Alices restaurant, but if you lookin for CD's books, even posters Amazon. I didn't know that because me and credit, we don't mix. I sent my mom peter. paul. and mary, sonny and cher a few others and a cd player or I'd be listening to some others right now, and they are cheap. I can't wait till next payday! Merry Christmas, Byrd
 Byrd
Msg: 40 (view)

The nature of hate
Posted: 12/8/2009 6:31:57 PM
I was all over that thread verbaly abusing cops. I don't hate cops either or anyone else I didlike some people but not cops I was frustrated in that thread because cops have this thing in them that no matter what they can do no wrong. It's all water under the bridge now.
 Byrd
Msg: 10 (view)

Carp
Posted: 12/8/2009 6:22:55 PM
Years ago when I was a kid some friends who were quite good making Soul food turned me on to some carp they caught from the Chicago river, it was quite good. Kinda like catfish. They might have been pulling one on me because the Chicago river might be a scarey place to dine from but that's what they told me.
 Byrd
Msg: 25 (view)

Woman and Drama
Posted: 11/21/2009 6:55:42 PM
It goes both ways so I stay away from everybody. Messages this short really don't have very much drama in it. Messages this short cannot still be posted.
 Byrd
Msg: 53 (view)

P.P.& Rapists
Posted: 11/12/2009 10:19:38 AM
I would say run them through a wood chipper make em into chum and feed them to sharks. But I don't think I would like to eat one of those sharks, I wood have to say wood chipper make it into stew and feed it to other sex offenders doing life without the possiblity of parole.
 Byrd

pale ale beer
Posted: 11/4/2009 1:23:30 PM
Beers good but I'm a drunk so I drink Sharps near beer by Miller, it's pretty good and I like to smoke the weed also. When I drank the real stuff I was a Rolling Rock man having traveled by thumb when I was a youngin I got turned on to that beer outside the Alcoholics Anonymous capital of the world. Akron, Ohio..Then there was Relinder it isn't spelled that way Rylander, no more like Relinder, from Relinder Wisconsion, near Heaven on Earth, Eagle River. Pale Ales are great Bass Ale, I really miss the old beers Strohs, Hamms, Pabst, when I was a kid all us runaways in Fort Wayne busted a seal on a freight train and it was filled with "PBR" BEER, OH BOY! We thought we died and went to Heaven. Thee Good old Days. The only one seeking attention is the person that voted down this thread! There is a community of beer drinkers on POF and not all of them are drunks like me, please don't vote down this thread.
 Byrd
Msg: 30 (view)

What is/was your dream?
Posted: 10/25/2009 9:46:57 AM
I always wanted to be a writer without all the hard work of course. It was easier being a laborer. When I was young I still had some grammer smarts, now my grammer stinks. But after all these years and way too many beers I have a small writing job an editor and a very small allowance.
 Byrd

LET'S GET SCARY
Posted: 10/23/2009 4:28:26 PM
Last night I got up in the middle of the night to wiz I was still stoned from earlier in the evening, I heard something looked up and not 3 inches from my face was my elderly calico cat Angel Baby comming through the window and she let out a howl..I felt the shiver right through my body. She got me good.
 Byrd
Msg: 142 (view)

If you were Mexican and you knew that by crossing the boarder into America.....
Posted: 10/21/2009 9:00:22 PM
Oh I have totally I am 110 percent for the death penality when someone commits murder or even rape. I don't care what color they are, kill them. I'm not blind I see what's going on our goverment isn't lifting a finger to stop it and don't blame Obama George Jr. left the illegals alone he wanted the Latino vote. Plus those fellas come over here to work use phoney ss numbers phoney names never got their yearly taxes back. The question I ask basically says it all. Then there's the other thing all the wonderful American companies moving into Mexico for cheap labor, capitalist pigs and they aien't got no bleeding hearts.
 Byrd
Msg: 139 (view)

Posted: 10/21/2009 12:33:04 PM
Maybe you angry "right people" should take your beef to the U.S. Goverment instead of blaming people that have nothing to do with it. If you want laws changed you have to get petitions signed by registered voters of the state to get your issue on the ballot. Because we have a difference of opinion you hate the bleeding hearts huh? I guess that makes sense. I know a man from Mexico who's homeless and when he see's people break the law even other people from Mexico illegals he calls the police on them.
 Byrd
Msg: 39 (view)

let's do some venting
Posted: 10/20/2009 9:09:55 PM
I joinned a church A Baptist Church in Hammond Indiana when I was the OP's age, they cut off all my hair and make me look like a dork. I joinned the Navy too went to boot camp beat the crap out of my company commander and got kicked out. They paid me enough money to go home but I stayed here and I've been here ever since.
 Byrd
Msg: 132 (view)

Posted: 10/20/2009 5:40:58 PM
So are you right wingers just going to talk sh*t and pump everyone else up to do something or what? Blah, Blah, Blah, that's all I ever hear from you people, a bunch of crap.
 Byrd

let's do some venting
Posted: 10/20/2009 8:07:55 AM
You work at BOOGER KING? I WORKED AT Booger King in Calumet City ate all their food they fired me but not before they had to order out for more supplies. :
 Byrd
Msg: 127 (view)

If you were Mexican and you knew that by crossing the border into America.....
Posted: 10/20/2009 7:48:53 AM
Ha,ha,ha,ha..I think my former neighbors were invested in some sort of illegal sh*t. We got along for a time she got herself an illegal man no problem I liked the guy, he was cool but soon both he and her started trying to intimadate. My health not that great I was alittle afraid. But then they started lying to the landlord I aien't rich don't really have anywhere to go I was seriously considering buying a gun. One day my stimulas came in and I bought a scanner just to listen to ended up getting a job which involves the scanner listening to it all the time. I think they were into "Hard stuff" it freaked em out, I think. Which made me very suspicous heard some calls that might have involved them but unless it's some rape or murder of someone that doesn't have it comming I mind my own business but they finally moved. The ***hole threw a bullet in my house too what a punk. That's when I was thinking about a gun. I pray they get everything that's comming to them. As far as weed I'm medical so I get it legal. When all those fires were going on they were finding fields left and right, I'd rather buy American weed. I still feel the same way about all people that punk aien't gonna change my mind about Mexicans there's criminals everywhere.
 Byrd
Msg: 18 (view)

Drug Paraphernalia?
Posted: 10/20/2009 7:27:49 AM
Destroy it so no little animals can get poked going through the trash, don't take anything to the cops they could bust you or mess with your head for imformation you don't have throw it all away forget it. Next time be careful who you rent to.
 Byrd

let's do some venting
Posted: 10/19/2009 8:48:29 PM
Acceptence is the key of living in this life man. Once you accept life the way it is. Live and let live other things fall into place. Always take care of yourself don't let no one take advantage of you. And NEVER, NEVER take life too seriously because you aien't getting out alive, none of us are. I'm just starting to enjoy my life and I'm over 50, things are just starting to fall into place with my creatitivy, one door closes another one opens. Something came into my life I never expected and it's beautiful it was really worth the wait. I could have enjoyed it all much sooner though had I just accepted everything the way it is. But it's O.K. The way it is.
 Byrd
Msg: 9 (view)

Has a family member ever stolen from you?
Posted: 10/17/2009 7:58:53 PM
drain bamage I had it sinse I was alittle cuss. Messages this short cannot be tall they can only be short, shorter than the average beer. It was a toot shootin day my daddy lit one off a lightening bug hapend by it ignited my hair blowed up and my drains were fried like broken eggs on the sidewalk. Dis hapen in Buflio tis was a buflio fart frm my daddys ass dat flied my drains.

Show ALL Forums