Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Feelings??
 Marshall10
Msg: 50 (view)

Feelings??
Posted: 2/10/2012 3:48:57 AM
"We women want to know you. What cha thinkin", what cha feelin'."

J Bird....

So, for example, when I come home from work you want to know what I'm thinking and feeling about my day on the job.

OK....here's my answer.....I think and feel the same way as I did the day before, and the day before that......if anything new happens on a given day, you'll be the first to know.

In other words, don't try to jazz up a routine day in my life and yours by artificially generating excitement, drama, and trying to arouse emotions for the sake of your personal entertainment.

But.....I'm a reasonable guy.....I know you get bored.....so.....it's OK if you indulge yourself at my expense, say, once a week......how's that? ....... ;-)
 Marshall10
Msg: 37 (view)

Feelings??
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:43:03 AM
"My ex broke up with me because I didnt express my feelings with her, cause I didnt argue with her. Yeah I didn't complain about stuff and I kept my own feelings to myself, and arguing is just...........useless with a woman. BUT....I was always there when she needed me to talk to and I offered advice.

I didnt ignore her, I was good to her."

First it has to be said that all women, like all men, are not alike. Some women are intelligent and sensible, and some are as dumb as a box of rocks. Then there are all of those in between.

Taking your words literally above, that you talked to her, did not ignore her, and were good to her....I'd say you're better off without her.

It is not your job to emote to the degree to which a woman wants you to emote....that is a childish request.

My opinion is that one reason, (not the only reason, of course) that both women and men want to see feelings expressed and shown is because it is a form of entertainment, it arouses, whereas logical discussion does not entertain quite as much, or in quite the same way.
 Marshall10
Msg: 17 (view)

Mankind's True Purpose
Posted: 2/4/2012 5:58:10 AM
"They believe they are better, wiser and demand to be worshipped and revered by others...they want no limitations or law for their own vices, but they demand Mankind follow and tow the line to the inhuman ideal, which is a complete perversion or justice and law."

Well, sadly, many fit your description above, but the first group that comes to mind for me are the criminal big "banksters," such as Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan, and of course all of our politicians that they own.

Abramhoff, a former lobbyist, said that at some point in time EVERY congressman will become beholden to the bankers......EVERY one.

This is who they work for, not us.
 Marshall10
Msg: 46 (view)

Evil does?Evil do...an Evil done....;)
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:20:48 PM
"Is it considered a fact and the Evil part of something has been studied?"

OP...

Scott Peck studied what he called evil and devoted a book to it called "People of the Lie."

I read it myself about twenty-five years ago......you might find it interesting, I did.
 Marshall10
Msg: 22 (view)

Is This Planet A Success?
Posted: 2/3/2012 10:48:10 AM
"Would you recommend others come to this world? Would you be happy if when you took the big exit from this world, you found out that you would be enterring into a twin world to this one. Of course, like this one...you do not get to choose the position you will have or if you will be born with crippling deformities etc. This is probably a better way to decide if this "experience" has been a success.Knowing what you do now, do you want to do it all again. Do you trust the planners of the planet to accomodate your needs any better than they have accomodated the needs of the multitudes who have had the "experience" of passing through. Would you want to "experience" it again."

OP,

I wouldn't recommend coming to the U.S. at this point in time. I'm certain that phoniness and deception and fraud has increased by leaps and bounds during my lifetime, and especially during the last thirty years, and accelerating rapidly downhill during the last ten to fifteen years.

With that said.....I have some acreage out in the country.....I know the history of this land very well back to about 1860.

I'd like to be placed on this land about 1870 (the Civil War was over) as a youngster on a farm, and relive the type of life that they lived then, free of the phoniness and deception and fraud we see today.
 Marshall10
Msg: 10 (view)

Mankind's True Purpose
Posted: 2/3/2012 10:32:25 AM
Scott Peck, author of several books, the most famous being "The Road Less Traveled," said that he believed our purpose in life is to learn.

I haven't found a better answer yet, and I agree with him.
 Marshall10
Msg: 51 (view)

I'm sometimes mean and irrational to my bf and I don't know why. Help
Posted: 1/31/2012 10:43:08 AM
HappySingleSpirit,

To be fair, there are many narcissists on these forums who get a kick out of publicly wallowing in their own fxxkedupness, and the OP in this thread is just one.

There.....now I have been "hostile" again and feel much less "miserable."
 Marshall10
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 1/31/2012 7:32:42 AM
So now I see there is "more to the story" that you conveniently left out in your original post.

Why did you leave out these relevant details?

Don't answer, I know.....you're just another narcissist looking for attention.
 Marshall10
Msg: 38 (view)

Broken, and emotionally unavailable women
Posted: 1/31/2012 4:18:36 AM
"You're only 24 years old, & you're dating ladies in your age group that are broken, already?"

Exactly, Ravenhair......

Something smells here.....I'm not buying his story.
 Marshall10

Posted: 1/31/2012 4:10:33 AM
"I know he doesn't deserve it but I just can't stop myself. And most of them time when I'm fussing at him or whatever I'm screaming at myself (in my head of course) 'what is wrong with you? stop this! why are you acting this way! you are crazy!' but I can't help it."

Taking your words above literally, I don't care one bit why you're doing this, if your BF tolerates this juvenile behavior more than twice, and doesn't dump you immediately and not look back, he's a fool and deserves you.
 Marshall10
Msg: 38 (view)

HOLY CRAP!!!! Facial Hair and loss of libido.........
Posted: 1/21/2012 6:28:39 AM
"facial hair properly trimmed can cover a multitude of sins. A beard trimmed properly can hide a weak jawline, hide jowels. creases on the side of the mouth, etc, etc."

Well, I agree somewhat, but wouldn't use the word "multitude." How about a beard can cover up some flaws.....how's that?

Then I'd add......the internet makes it easy, child's play in fact, for anyone with a keyboard to hide a multitude of sins and flaws.
 Marshall10
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2012 4:37:09 AM
Thanks ForumFilly....

Once back in the eighties when it was all black I let it grow out much longer and I looked like Grizzly Adams.

For some interesting tidbits Google world's longest beards.
 Marshall10
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 1/19/2012 10:09:19 AM
"And for the guys........why do you let it grow??????????????????"

OP....for me it just seems natural.....and I like it.....

Most women say they like it too but even if they didn't I still have one.....
 Marshall10

Is intimacy possible with women?
Posted: 1/18/2012 8:43:26 AM
"it can also feel like Im not just dealing with her emotions or thinking process, but her friends as well.. when she asks their advice I no longer am dealing with her perspective alone but her friends as well."

You bring up a very good point, OP.

Leaving the intimacy issue aside I've experienced what you've experienced often, with several women......that is.....they don't trust their own thinking and so they discuss many issues with their friends and relatives.

I agree with your thoughts.....and this is a bad situation because you can't trust a woman who talks about conversations and issues behind your back that you thought were private.
 Marshall10
Msg: 1 (view)

Campfire Talk
Posted: 1/18/2012 5:38:58 AM
Saw this cartoon in a newspaper years ago....

Three cavemen sitting cross-legged in a circle were staring blankly into their campfire at night....

One says......

"We don't know enough to talk about anything yet."
 Marshall10
Msg: 37 (view)

Would you be offended....
Posted: 1/17/2012 9:04:58 AM
"If a woman has an inability to orgasm with a partner (for a number of psychological reasons - NOT because they are "doing it wrong")- would you be offended if after sex she finished herself off with a vibrator?"

Heck no, I wouldn't be offended in the least.

While she's finishing the job I can get back to the football game.....half time is over....
 Marshall10
Msg: 2 (view)

A Thinky Joke
Posted: 1/16/2012 4:11:25 PM
Well....

I'm sitting at home enjoying my second beer, and I think those apples are pretty boring......but....two things....

1) I'm ever so happy I have my brain and not the brain of Hawking and....

2) If and when he gets this all sorted out let me know..... ;-)
 Marshall10
Msg: 6 (view)

The Male Life Cycle
Posted: 1/16/2012 9:45:26 AM
Ha ha.....good one....

These days all I ask is for a female who looks like Salma Hayek....exactly like her would be nice..... ;-)
 marshall10
Msg: 54 (view)

Drama or No Drama
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:17:32 AM
I said what I said in a direct reponse to the post above mine.

That post implied that the OP liked drama.
 Marshall10
Msg: 52 (view)

Drama or No Drama
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:30:46 AM
"ditto that thought...Drama is as Drama does. Your recap shows that you enjoyed every moment of it and rather relish sharing it now...perhaps fishing for drama leads to catching exactly that."

I haven't read every word from the OP but from what I did read he enjoyed the attention and the sex, but not the drama.
 Marshall10
Msg: 36 (view)

Knowledge vs Wisdom
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:02:13 AM
Nice hobbies you have there....requiring skill and attention to detail.....plus as you said you have other benefits talking to your customers and hearing their stories.

I haven't tried the calls you mentioned. I carry a traditional box call, and a one-handed yelper with a different tone. My calling is just average, I'd say, but I do know all of the nooks and crannies on my land, having hunted deer and turkey there for many years, so I use this knowledge to my advantage.

Speaking of calls when my boys and I first started hunting together in the early eighties the very first calling lessons we got were from a tape by Ben Rogers Lee. He was a character, now deceased, and you could tell he loved turkey hunting.
 Marshall10
Msg: 43 (view)

Drama or No Drama
Posted: 1/10/2012 6:55:02 AM
"i just think life is full of drama, can't change the obvious. if you had no drama at all, you'd be looking to make some soon enuff."

But the type of drama the OP is talking about in this thread is phony, conjured up by the woman, and there is no good that can come of this type of drama.

I've know a few drama queens intimately, and the reason they created drama is because they wanted excessive attention, much more attention than an average person. In short they were self-absorbed, and did whatever they needed to do to get what they wanted, deception included.
 Marshall10

Knowledge vs Wisdom
Posted: 1/10/2012 4:34:41 AM
Yes....that bird was the end result of the best duel I've ever had....talked to him for an hour and fifteen minutes continuously before he finally showed his face and I pulled the trigger. He was extremely wary. My boys and I have been hunting together for almost three decades now.....good times in the woods and good times around the campfire at night too.
 Marshall10
Msg: 32 (view)

Knowledge vs Wisdom
Posted: 1/9/2012 3:23:51 PM
"Mr. Happy, don't flatter yourself thinking that you are worthy of battle with any educated business men three times your age...on this site or any other. You are an offence....not a battle.....sort of like a drunk pedestrian staggering around in the traffic."

Ha ha....you said it well SHL.

Keep this up and you might ruin the deep love he has for himself.....
 Marshall10
Msg: 22 (view)

Drama or No Drama
Posted: 1/9/2012 8:34:27 AM
"Yes, I know this, but the question is why am I attracted to high drama women, and why can't I recognize they are high drama until I am already sucked in?!"

From what I've read so far you weren't attracted to high drama women initially, because they pretended to not be drama queens until you were "sucked in."

Men and women both learn how to act and pretend to be something they are not at a very early age.....age five maybe.....just a guess on this age.
 Marshall10
Msg: 103 (view)

As Good As I Ever Was.....NOT!!!
Posted: 1/8/2012 7:55:32 AM
You bring up an issue of yet another reason why it is difficult for those our age to find someone suitable and compatible.

There are not as many physical disparities, generally speaking, between men and women while in their twenties and thirties, but after that, the gaps begin to widen.

Like everyone I've seen men and women 50 years old who look like they are 60 and vice versa. Likewise I know men and women who are 60 or older yet physically they are in very good condition, and can outperform many who are 10 to 15 years younger.
 Marshall10
Msg: 52 (view)

Is it worth the effort?
Posted: 1/7/2012 9:10:42 AM
[/...Well I not only adored my dad, I admired him too. We were vey close, and when he passed it felt like part of me died too. My dad was kind, gentle and he was full of fun and laughter. People enjoyed being around him. He was also strong, fair and most importantly, he was always there for us.]

Mae,

You're fortunate that you had a good beginning, as many do not.

Also it is not easy for some to get to their fifties and sixties without having had some past experiences that soured them to some degree toward relationships.

So they ask themselves the questions that were posed by the OP.
 Marshall10

Is it worth the effort?
Posted: 1/5/2012 10:23:43 AM
This is a good topic, Kaki, and my thoughts have pretty much paralled yours in recent years.

I've often wondered if the ROI was worth the time and effort also.

In my opinion the biggest problem I've encountered is the baggage carried by both men and women in later years. Often family ties are a hindrance, but also unresolved psychological problems can be detrimental too.

I had not dated for quite some time but this past summer I went on a dating "blitz" to see what was out there. During a two month period I met a dozen different women, well-screened, or at least I thought so initially.

One very intelligent woman I dated twice, and on the second date she told me that she hated her father, and that this hatred was transferred to her ex-husband, and was a factor in her divorce. She further stated that this affects how she looks at men in general, even today. I didn't see her a third time, obviously, but of course it made me wonder how many women have similar issues but do not discuss them.

Show ALL Forums