Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: for the gun control people
 hornyjj
Msg: 155 (view)

for the gun control people
Posted: 11/5/2009 9:33:06 PM
they were american.. professional or not they're all still trigger happy
 hornyjj
Msg: 154 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2009 9:32:09 PM

The Americans have the right to arms and i am glad they do.

That's why we provide you with mobility rights.. If you want to be part of the $hit storm down there your more than welcome to leave...
 hornyjj
Msg: 150 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2009 4:03:09 PM
im assuming you didn't read my previous posts, stating how it would be impossible to memorize the criminal code, the police services act, the highway traffic act, the youth criminal justice act, etc etc etc etc... And FYI, i've never had to shoot anybody, nor have i experienced anybody shooting at me or anybody else. It took me 20 seconds to find the section in the CC, and now i know... PS, i've only been a cop for 2 years so i haven't had a chance to read the 800 page book and memorize it. If you think you can do the job better then BE MY F- U- C- K- I- N- G- GUEST!
 hornyjj
Msg: 149 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2009 1:15:47 PM
Not backpedaling, clarifying... I didn't want you to think that i was attacking your counrty's beliefs, as much as i disagree with them. Read the last 2 posts before this one, they are absolutely correct, arming yourself isn't the answer to an overarmed country, thats a whole you guys dug yourselves and cant get out of.

As for my proficiency, i can shoot a 3.5cm grouping from 50 yards... That is more than 2 times as accurate as what is required by law enforcement at half the distance.. And i'm not saying this because i'm trying to scare you (that would be an american thing to do), i am just defending the fact that you dont have to be trigger happy to be a good shot!
 hornyjj
Msg: 146 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2009 10:12:27 AM

I make sure that my daughter cannot get ahold of my firearms, and when she's old enough I plan on letting her get some hands on safety training with them. Accidents happen because if carelessness or ignorance. If I do my part to prevent the carelessness, and train her to remover the ignorance, then she will be much safer if she ever encounters one that wasn't secured.

I am not saying that having guns is bad, i believe that they are a tool which can be used for legit and useful purposes. If you keep your firearms where your children cannot get them, then kudos to you as you are one of the safe people. I am not arguing against you as an individual, i am arguing against the people that are ignorant to real-world issues (ie: school shootings). You are smart to teach your children about gun safety, as they have been forced to live in a country where guns are an acceptable means of defence. Once again, and i dont know if you seen my last post, but I live in and enforce the law in Canada, where self-defence is not an excuse for shooting somebody. You may be charged with manslaughter instead of murder if you can prove that you were in duress. But as for defending your property with a gun, as you suggested was the purpose instead of calling the police, the eyes of the law see it as a life being worth more than your property, and your only course of action is to flee at that point.

Also, if you can prove that you wern't home when your guns were stolen, you wont have a problem getting off any charges. The police dont immediately assume that you did it because your gun that was registered in your name was found at the scene of the crime, in fact that leads the police to immediately consider that it was stolen, rather than you being the offender. Another good intention of gun registry, it puts names on guns, meaning that instead of finding your fingerprints on it and assuming it was you, they now know that you have a deterrence from being that neglectful.

Finally, i am quite proficient with the use of the 9mm pistol and the shotgun. We have range practice days twice per month that i do attend. Regardless of my proficiency, i practice shooting for the safety and concern of citizens, not only to stop the bad guy, but to ensure that my shot will not miss and injure an innocent spectator.
 hornyjj
Msg: 144 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2009 8:57:23 AM
And sorry, i didn't realize that you were from the states, so maybe hunting or defending yourself with a handgun is legal there, i'm not actually sure, dont really care. You guys can keep shooting eachother, it's not like the states have a problem with that or anything **rolls eyes**

Funny we dont have any school shootings up here. Must be because were nice **rolls eyes again**
 hornyjj
Msg: 143 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2009 8:52:47 AM
First of all, regardless of "common sense" the law must be followed by all citizens and visitors of Canada, and defending yourself with a gun IS ILLEGAL -- BOTTOM LINE. If you are following regulations and have the ammunition in a place that is inaccessible, and have a locking device on your firearm, you've had too much time to assemble and use it anyways. Your best bet is to jump out a window, run to safety, and call the police, which you would have had time to do had you not been assembling your firearm. Second, if your gun is stolen, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to report it immediately to the police, clearing you first of all from the crimes it may be used to commit, and second from any insurance discrepencies when you report to your insurance company that your home has been broken into. And i like how you threw in there "and you didn't even know your gun was stolen." Unfortunately for thick-heads like you, that is where court comes into play. Sitting in front of a judge, i doubt he will agree that you didn't know your home was broken into, and when it is broken into, the guns are the first thing you should be checking for, in fact the police will respond to your break and enter, and even ask you if there were any firearms on the property.. SURPRISE!!! we know if there are, because you registered them!

Finally, i would delete your comment about using your .22 while deer hunting, as it is illegal to hunt with a handgun. It is also illegal to use a handgun in self defence against animals. Bottom line, handguns are prohibited from use anywhere but on a shooting range, which i will not discriminate against because it is not illegal, although i still dont see a legit reason for owning one in the first place. I do not own a gun, nor will i ever. I am also a firm believer that i will never need to own one, nor will i regret not owning it. I go to work, wear my handgun against my will, and ONLY for the purpose of defending not only myself, but the citizens of this province that have the right to equal protection. I dont expect you to like the police, but just because you are ignorant to society's needs for protection against people like you doesn't mean keeping a loaded gun in your drawer for your children to bring to school is acceptable.
 hornyjj
Msg: 140 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2009 9:50:48 PM
Actually, if you had read my last reply, i simply didn't have enough time to read the 800,000 page manual that covers all the laws, bills, etc. And you can shoot anybody with any kind of gun, which is why they should all be treated with the same safety, respect and laws.

As far as me being a liberal, i dont even know what you mean by that. I'm anti-political and anti-religion. So dont try to pin my ethical and moral values on some sort of higher justification other than IM RIGHT.. because ultimately that's what it comes down to.. and if you want to argue that, just remember: I'm the one with the gun!! (2 can play at this game) BAHAHAHAHA
 hornyjj
Msg: 139 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2009 8:58:42 PM
Ok, i can give you that, the ammunition must not be kept in a separate container, rather the criminal code states that it "must be kept in a place where it is not readily accessible" and that is on top of having to render the firearm unusable by use of a locking mechanism or disassembly. Also, the firearm does not need to be kept in a gun case, unless it is stored with the ammunition, then it must be difficult to infiltrate without authorization.

I don't know if there's a truck driver's manual, but if there is i'll bet it's a fraction of the size of the criminal code, on top of the highway traffic act, the youth criminal justice act, the police services act, and literally HUNDREDS of 800 page manuals stating laws and directions we must follow. It would take us 50 years to memorize everything! And regardless, i bet you wouldn't be able to tell me word for word all the laws in your "transportation manager's manual" anyways!

And as police officers, we are not trained to show up and make assumptions, if having to look up a firearm storage law in our book that we keep in the trunk is the biggest consequence for preventing school shootings and "accidental" death then thats a price we're willing to pay. You seem like a decent guy, and probably know how to use a gun safely. But we live in a world of globalization and information. We use this to our advantage. Trust me, some idiot didn't pull this gun registry out of their a$$.. it was an effort directed to address a specific problem, mainly the use of handguns, which are prohibited for use ANYWHERE at ANY TIME, and to make firearms inaccessible to kids, who lack the knowledge and ethical values to make the right decisions. Statistics show that our efforts have so far been effective, otherwise we wouldn't waste billions on it every year. Those billions could be going towards our salaries!

Finally, i would just like to add, that in my research of firearm laws, it IS ILLEGAL to use a firearm for SELF DEFENCE. And that one i did look up, you just simply aren't allowed to shoot people.

Either way, further to your insult on my career and lack of knowledge, I take pride in the fact that i never had to use my weapon. Rather, i developed good interpersonal skills, that may otherwise have ended up in a shooting with pig-headed old cops that think they know what's right just cuz they were lucky enough to make it this far.
 hornyjj
Msg: 138 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2009 7:11:18 PM
That is absolutely right, you do put it in perspective. The only argument i can have towards that is that here in Canada, we dont have murders and rapes, and car-jackings.. Funny, the US is the one with people shooting eachother, and the US is the one with people "bearing arms."

Bottom line: no type of violence is the answer. Lets put the guns down and look at some of the underlying causes of crime, like unemployment, no health insurance (once again a phenomenon of the US), homelessness, and lack of early crime detection and deterrence in youth.
 hornyjj
Msg: 137 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2009 7:01:55 PM
You're right it doesn't, and the registry is just one small portion of the gun safety rules that must be observed by all citizens. The firearm must be locked up in a secure gun case, and the ammunition must also be locked in a separate container.. This doesn't stop you from having access to it, it stops you from using it against another human being, which is not acceptable in any case. More importantly than that, your child cannot go in your dresser drawer and bring it to school to shoot his teachers and bullies because he had a bad day. The registry will make the gun come back to you, so when your son or daughter kills somebody with it, you will be the one that is charged for allowing them to have access...
 hornyjj
Msg: 136 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2009 6:53:00 PM
1. Guns should NEVER be used for self defence. Its EXTREMELY unlikely that somebody would break into your house to shoot you.. If a robber has a gun, jump out the window and book it, when you get back with the police get theft insurance (nobody dies).

2. Hunters and Farmers use RIFLES, not handguns.. Not too often does somebody walk into a bank with a 30/6 or a .22 and kids would have a much harder time carting those to school to bolt-action all those bullies he hates. That being said, hobby shooters are often the ones that instill a false feeling of protection on themselves, when it is much more likely that the gun will be used against a family member than against a gunman trying to shoot you.

3. Being a police officer, they teach us to not assume that there are no guns in a place just because there are none registered. We use the same amount of caution when entering a place at all times. Knowing that there ARE guns on the property is more of a heads-up and a reminder to be cautious, especially in those situations.

4. The people who follow the rules will lock their ammunition in a separate container and follow all gun safety procedures. The "bad guys" aren't the ones that are going to go into your dresser drawer, bring the gun to school, and shoot school children and teachers with it.

5. The police should be the only ones that have guns, as their ONLY purpose is to deter the criminals from using theirs. Police often carry their guns for decades without ever removing them for the purpose of shooting a human. And as for the criminals having guns, that's what we're trying to fix! Once again, being a police officer that carries a gun, I would be much more comfortable pointing my gun at the criminal that has one, than at the person "defending themselves." I have never had to shoot anybody, but if anybody had a gun, including you (the defender) i dont know how i would react, maybe i would tell you to drop your weapon, and if you refused, i would shoot you.

6. At least the ones that are "in the dirt" cannot be obtained by young children that had a bad day and want to off their teacher... And if they are, the person that put it there will be in jail too...

All that said, the bottom line is that statistics rule. Canada has a gun registry, and surprisingly we can turn on our news without hearing "gunman shoots 4 innocent people" or "13 year old kid shoots classmate".. that seems to be a problem in of the States, where not surprisingly they have the right to "bear arms." Dumbasses
 hornyjj
Msg: 135 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2009 6:26:02 PM
We'll see how good of an idea that was when your nephew or friends kid comes over and shoots you with it... Guns have ONE ethical use, to shoot animals for food. And i'm sorry, but a handgun isn't your best option. If you have a hunting RIFLE, that is acceptable. The only handguns that should be allowed are the ones the police carry, and i know because i am one myslef, that it is ONLY there to stop people from using guns.. Gee who'd have thunkd that eh!

Show ALL Forums