Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Another sunny day!!
 southwest70
Msg: 439 (view)

Another sunny day!!
Posted: 8/6/2009 5:39:02 PM
Hi, hope everyone is enjoying the summer!
I've been on POF for about 2 months and have communicated with some interesting people.
I'm a single mom completing my university education. For the past few years I haven't had much time to devote to a relationship but now that I am finally nearing the end of my schooling, I am eager to begin my search for a companion.
I don't have an image on my profile but am willing to share my pictures with members that I am communicating with.
I've read some engaging profiles and am amazed at the number of diverse people utilizing this service.
Best of luck to everyone in their search!
 southwest70
Msg: 4 (view)

Do you discriminate based on age?
Posted: 8/6/2009 9:55:46 AM
I do consider age one of the important factors when choosing to contact a man or deciding how to reply to a message. I have a 4 years older, 4 years younger guideline. Beyond these ages I think that we would be at different stages in life. Although my Uncle married a woman 20 years younger and they are great together! I guess it depends on the people but I do hope that I will find compatibility in someone close to my own age.
 southwest70
Msg: 67 (view)

What do you think? Is this Selfishness or Not Settling?
Posted: 8/6/2009 8:56:43 AM
Good for you for being so strong and keeping your family together for so long but it sounds like you were giving and not getting much in return. No matter the reason, if a relationship is not giving you what you need and your partner is not willing to work to give you more it is no longer worth pursuing. Sounds like the relationship was unsatisfying for him as well and he had already moved on.
Remember, you don't get any extra points at the end for being a martyr!
With your current relationship at least you have recognized the unbalance sooner. You have worked hard, be good to yourself and allow yourself to love someone mature who deserves your devotion and is willing to actively participate.
Mother your kids not your partner.
 southwest70
Msg: 17 (view)

Take it to the next level?
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:53:47 AM
I think it depends on your and your partner's feelings. It really is a personal decision and not dependent on 'relationship rules'. If you are both comfortable I feel that the sexual aspect of a relationship is a vital part of getting to know one another.
 southwest70
Msg: 81 (view)

Would Single Moms Do it over Again?
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:37:14 AM
The most significant experiences of my life were the births of my children. I never considered living a life without being a mother. The most difficult part is that even though I give what I can, I know that learning and experiencing life with the guidance of a female and male perspective would provide my kids the best opportunities. Despite having the foresight to see my 'single mother' status, I would still do everything the same because my children have morals and manners and are happy. We have the support of both my family and our community which has been vital during difficult times. Ideally I would be raising my kids with the help of a partner but even if I never find a man to share in our wonderful life, I will continue to provide unconditional love and every opportunity I can for my children.
 southwest70
Msg: 24 (view)

First email he asking about my kids
Posted: 8/5/2009 11:21:21 PM
Trust your instincts. You are doing everything you can to protect your children, so continue to do so and block this guy.

Show ALL Forums