Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Is she asking to much to soon?
 Lion_of_York
Msg: 19 (view)

Is she asking to much to soon?
Posted: 1/4/2013 4:49:12 PM
msright78....."I think u need to cut her loose."

I agree. Do not walk away.....run as fast as you can......today. Don't look backwards. Change your cell phone number and forward your mail to your parent's address. Get in the car and drive.
 Lion_of_York
Msg: 65 (view)

My gf and I have no sex life
Posted: 1/4/2013 4:12:09 PM
My gentle suggestion...
First, PoF is not a good place to bring sexual frustration. If you are looking for someone female for fun, the odds here are not very encouraging. A large percentage of the female profiles here say they are not looking for sex. (Adult Friend Finder might be more fertile ground for you to plow, if you really are broad minded and little bit naughty.)
Second, nothing wrong with having friends and nothing wrong with making women friends, but most of the time that does not mean they want to be bred or get married to you. Relax. Enjoy some friendly companionship. Don't worry so much about getting laid by a woman who does not want to sit close to you on the couch.
Third, you said you are 26 and sex life seems to be passing you by. It is! But the good news is, for every frigid gf, there are many more women who wish they had a young guy like yourself to play with. You want to find one? Throw a rock, you will probably hit one. There are millions, just open your eyes. You will find in time that sex is only a small part of a successful relationship. Like the key to your car is one of the smallest parts of your car.
 Lion_of_York
Msg: 76 (view)

Have you ever loved someone enough to let them go?
Posted: 1/4/2013 3:39:16 PM
Ask yourself.
If they do not want to stay, why would you want them to?
Do you go where you are not welcome?
Other people are not all that different from ourselves. If you did not want to stay with someone, would you stay because they want you to.....or because they need you.....or because it would be inconvenient for them.....or because they might get upset?
If you say yes, then think of how long you would do that. If you say forever, then you are done.
I suggest you instead make a life of your own. You may not have any other choice anyway.
 Lion_of_York
Msg: 16 (view)

dogs on dates
Posted: 1/4/2013 3:09:31 PM
Your friend should not walk away from this woman.....he should RUN. Does not matter if the pet is a dog, or a monkey, or a bird, or a potbellied pig. Unless your friend is just as crazy about the pet as she seems to be.....and it does not sound like it, he needs to find someone more compatible. Let someone else sort out her issues with the dog. Nobody is that good looking.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 9 (view)

How many people are aware of how much the government is borrowing ??
Posted: 7/12/2009 10:24:21 PM
As a Yank, I have to smile just a little bit at the amount of money the UK government is borrowing to keep the bankers in business. Some of the money the US government has borrowed is going to the same banks in England too. They should be happy.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 37 (view)

When girls get drunk...do ugly guys suddenly become more attractive to them.?
Posted: 7/12/2009 10:15:02 PM
I honestly do not think alcohol changes the way people appear. I admit that drink has been getting ugly people laid for centuries but not because they appear more attractive. Alcohol does manage to take away many of our inhibitions and normal restraints. For a shy person, this can manifest itself in outrageous behavior that may haunt them later, now that so many have a camera cell phone. Ha Ha.

People don't look any better with alcohol, we are just more willing to overlook those annoying features that would otherwise hold us back from having a lot of fun.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 4 (view)

some nice guys...........
Posted: 7/8/2009 8:39:42 PM
"The biggest problem is that SOME Nice Guys are hideously insecure. They are so anxious to be liked and loved that they do things for other people to gain acceptance and attention, rather than for the simply pleasure of giving. You never know if a Nice Guy really likes you for who you are, or if he has glommed onto you out of desperation because you actually paid some kind of attention to him. "

I do not doubt in the least that you are correct about SOME Nice Guys, but I tend to think they are a small minority of the Nice Guys and I will tell why I think so.

Affection (even love) is about sacrifice and service. These Nice Guys are trying to show that they can be good mates because they are generous, helpful, thoughtful, considerate, and humble. They want you to know that they are willing and able to provide and help with a variety of things and ways. They are not insecure....if anything, they are overconfident. They know what is expected of them and they are confident that they can win you by meeting the Nice Guy Golden Standard.

It seems there some lassies that do not want a partner that is a Nice Guy. They want to be treated like housecats, mostly with benign neglect. And there is nothing wrong with this. Just tell Mr. Nice Guy next time that you do not like his brand of affection and release him into the wild. That way he can find a Nice Girl, who will appreciate his generous and kind nature. It is the least you can do.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 8 (view)

Whats important anyway?
Posted: 7/8/2009 8:25:09 PM
"i think that the most important thing for us to do while we are here is to preserve the place for those who come after us "

I like your thinking, even if I have a low opinion in the global warming campaign.

It would seem, we may be able to agree that what is important is to leave this world at least slightly better off because we were here. If we can contribute a thought or a discovery, a new understanding, improve human relations, or just be a good example....any of those might make the world a better place and give our small lives some real importance.

I imagine there are some people whose main importance will be the children they bring into this world, because of the works or achievements of those same children. Some may improve the world by being a good classroom teacher and having a lasting influence on children as they become adults.

No doubt there are unlimited ways that every person can make the world a better place (even during their own lifetime) provided they make that small effort to do so.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 79 (view)

Foreigners
Posted: 7/8/2009 8:00:16 PM
"What the pole can do is come here work for ten quid an hour, support his family back in poland on that wage and the irishman is unable give his family the same quality of life for ten euro an hour. "

You may be correct, but I think you miss the point.

The money the foreign workers send back home is a leakage in the local (and national) economy. That is money that is not going to end up as revenue to local business, the pub, the garage, the bakery, or the local community organizations. That same money, paid to an Irishman is going to be spent in his own community....not wired to Krakow or Warsaw....and would become revenue for different firms and end up in your neighbors' pay envelope (where it would be spent again).

The money sent to Poland (or anywhere else) seldom comes back to Ireland to buy anything produced or grown in Ireland. What it does do is encourage more Poles (or gypsies or Germans) to move to Ireland....to work, and send even more money back to their home country.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 21 (view)

Which is worse...
Posted: 7/8/2009 11:32:06 AM
Thank you for establishing what you mean by abandonment.

I also agree that every case is not the same. It seems terribly complex and that only makes the assumption even more irrational. Any experienced social worker already knows about the prevalence of child abuse, including sexual abuse, by stepdads and boyfriends......including a surprising number of child fatalities......but the bureaucratic response has not been to compile relevant statistics, even for their own internal use.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 20 (view)

UK Dictatorship
Posted: 7/8/2009 12:43:45 AM
okrob.....you may well fear dictatorship in the UK and you may have plenty of reasons to fear dictatorship, but the greater fear would be a faceless bureaucrat in Brussels. What a great wrong it is that the people are not allowed to vote on the subject of surrendering their national identity to the EU.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 3 (view)

house prices
Posted: 7/8/2009 12:25:54 AM
Very good point munsterbear. You too, grimisocks.

Let's just say, if you are negative equity on your home you actually should be blacklisted from additional DEBT until you get the house mortgage paid down. They can correct the negative equity by paying more than the minimum owned every month until the problem is corrected. Until then, perhaps they should not be getting any more loans anyway.

If they are unable to pay more than the minimum payment each month, then they are perfectly safe to sit tight and enjoy property they cannot afford until their payments pull up the equity into the black.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 19 (view)

Which is worse...
Posted: 7/8/2009 12:16:44 AM
"I do agree with the assumption that mothers are more suited etc etc .and I feel this is ,as you say the reason why there is more shock attached to women abandoning their kids..."

In the States, the assumption that mothers are more suited is very strong in the Courts. Very few men have any choice whether to raise their children. You used the word "abandon" and I think that is unfair. Not many voluntarily abandon any of their children. (My kid brother did. He walked out on his wife and kids to get a divorce. But he was unusual. Most divorces are initiated by women in the US.)

That assumption is not only strong, it is wrong. The children are by law to be awarded in the best interests of the child, which confounds the assumption entirely. In nearly every instance of child abuse and neglect of a divorced parent, including sexual abuse, it is almost never the StepMother (Disney characterizations notwithstanding) but almost universally the StepDad. Moms seem to be unable to protect their own children from the abuses by their new boyfriend or hubby. They are naturally torn by conflicting desires and affections. Boyfriend or new hubby know that the children are not his own (most of the time) and seldom have any of the normal restraints that might prevent abuse or sex with children as they age. Were these children with their daddy, they would be much safer. StepMoms and girlfriends are unlikely to abuse or have sex with the children as they grow up.

I have known women who voluntarily agreed to leave the children with their father when the divorce occurred. Some of them were motivated by money, where coin was paid to make the agreement. Others were convinced the children would be better cared for and a few simply did not want the extra baggage. The latter seem to feel that having children with them would make them less mobile and inhibit their ability to find a new husband. Sometimes they already have a new boyfriend, who does not want to raise another man's children.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 61 (view)

Would you date a man with a Vasectomy?
Posted: 7/7/2009 8:09:52 PM
No.....I would never date a man (or a woman) with a Vasectomy.

In fact, I would never date a man with or without a Vasectomy.

Am I being fair?

Ha Ha.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 84 (view)

Why are so many attractive people divorced?
Posted: 7/6/2009 11:04:28 PM
"Why then are so many attractive people divorced?"

I am certain there is not ONE REASON that can explain the volume of divorces in this country.

I would only like to add that not everybody wanted to be divorced.

It may be possible that there are people who got married with the intention of later getting divorced and finding someone else, but I think that would be rare and unusual. More likely, one person wanted a divorce and the other person did not want a divorce and would have been perfectly happy to continue the marriage. It only takes ONE PERSON to make a divorce.

I admit that many times, both parties agree to a divorce, but even in these cases there is often one person making it all happen. The other person just joins in the anger or gives up on the marriage as impossible to salvage.

Of course, you specified "attractive" people being divorced and I tend to think these are the people most likely to seek a divorce. Unattractive people may be more determined to make a marriage work if for no other reason than their fear of not finding someone else. Attractive people feel they can get a new partner pretty easily, and it seems they are correct.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 77 (view)

narrowed dating pools?
Posted: 7/6/2009 10:33:39 PM
"All those guys (from another thread) heading to Columbia for the Columbian ladies.....

All these women heading to Cuba for the Cuban men......

Hmmmmmmm...........

Is this Free Trade, or what?"

I think what you are seeing is the practical outcome of some of the worst gender relations I have seen in this country in my lifetime. I mean it! Relations between men and women are the worst I have ever seen. So much bad blood, suspicion, spiteful, vindicitive, litigation, resentment, .....I have seen this wave rising for several years. There are even television programs that never tire of stirring up the pot between the genders. The Dad-bashing and men-hating seems to be the favorite plot lines in Hollywood these days. A good romantic movie (or even romantic comedy) seems to be completely out of fashion.

No wonder so many men and women have taken to looking to foreign countries for more suitable companions, unpolluted by popular culture, causes, and manias. I do not envy them in the least.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 73 (view)

narrowed dating pools?
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:57:57 PM
"I am a size 2 - and muscular. (What size are you?).............he he."

Hey, that is impressive.....5'2" and a size 2.....AND muscular.

Obviously, you are not French Canadian. (My ex is 5'6" and a size zero. ) She is not pushing 60, she is now 44.

Since you asked.....I am an inch short of 6' and weight 185#. My jacket is 44R and my pants are a size 34W 31L. My shirt is 16.5 to 17, with 35-36 inch sleeves, and I have green eyes. I like clothes....but Christmas is so far away and you just missed my birthday. Maybe next year.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 70 (view)

narrowed dating pools?
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:26:25 PM
The point is simple enough, there are women who already get all the companionship they want from their pets.

"Lion, not all women with pets (namely dogs as you say) are like that."

I believe you and I know you are correct. I have met some of them, in fact.

I am sorry that you thought I said "ALL" women with pets. Obviously, that would not be correct.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 67 (view)

narrowed dating pools?
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:11:34 PM
"More than half of NA men what contact me need to be given boundries, where I have been treated with nothing but gentleness, kindness, and one h*ll of a lot of spirt by the men in Cuba."

No doubt they have plenty of spirt.....ha ha.....especially for Canadian Lefties. (Do you warn them about your rotties?)

"Ren.............how many times have you been to Cuba.............do you even know what you are talking about. Millions of Candians go to Cuba yearly. Why because they can. Unlike you who live in a free country(?), but aren't allow (?) to go."

I think you should go to Cuba. Maybe thaw out some of your frozen parts. In the USA we just go to Florida if we want to see free Cubans, does not cost nearly as much as visiting the workers paradise.

"Narrowing your dating pool often means having a closed mind full of fear of the unknown, or just believe everything the spin doctors say"

Who knows? Maybe you will get lucky. I am sure there are plenty in Cuba who would do almost anything (yuck!) to move to Canada. Sounds like a marriage made in heaven to me. I bet even the old fat broads could find a young hubby that way. I will pass the word around.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 62 (view)

narrowed dating pools?
Posted: 7/6/2009 8:59:50 PM
"You are welcome, but what is your point?"

The point is simple enough, there are women who already get all the companionship they want from their pets. (Why they bother with PoF or any other site is still a complete mystery though.)

"If you aren't pet friendly, don't date women with pets."

You are too late. I figured that out years ago, but not all women bother to mention that dating them also includes their doggie. (You call it "pet friendly". That is funny.)
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 59 (view)

narrowed dating pools?
Posted: 7/6/2009 8:45:09 PM
Thanks moraima......you just proved my point.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 57 (view)

narrowed dating pools?
Posted: 7/6/2009 8:36:12 PM
Jeeze Lion, say it isn't so? At my age, I simply cannot and will not replace a man for
a pet....that would be like maybe in my 80's ? I wuv you guys way to much to do that!
If I ever get that way anytime soon, I will have family or friends just shoot me and put me outta my misery!

P.S. - Care to elaborate on what you can do that pets cannot? OMG, my bad..time for bed! lol

Moonchild48.....I promise to be nice....and easy on this one. Ha Ha.

I can cook you a tasty meal, drive you around, repair things around the house, send you text messages that make you laugh out loud, and tell you things you never heard before. (But unlike a dog......I cannot chase my tail, chew up your favorite shoes, shower you with pet fuzz before you go to work, or bark at your friends.) Which do you prefer?
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 55 (view)

narrowed dating pools?
Posted: 7/6/2009 8:25:07 PM
My "pool", although never large, has shrunk to a puddle, to now an eyedropper full.....

It has nothing to do with pool size. .....more like searching for a needle in the haystack. After all, how many do you need? I am only looking to find ONE. And I doubt, the one I am looking for will be hidden away in a big ocean of people.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 52 (view)

narrowed dating pools?
Posted: 7/6/2009 8:06:47 PM
By my own experience, there are not many women who do not already have all the companionship they want from their pet. And yes, you will often play second fiddle to the pet. I have often got the impression, I was supplemental to the pet....there being a few things I could do well that pets simply would not or could not do. I have learned to zip out of there as fast as the door will open. In nearly all cases, the pet in question is a dog.....seldom a cat, and never a bird or a fish.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 48 (view)

Men over 50 what do you do?
Posted: 7/5/2009 9:05:01 PM
I tend to agree with anyone who says most men over 50 do not worry about it at all.

I fear vanity much more than I do a few face wrinkles.

My hair has either turned white or turned lose, but that is me.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 36 (view)

anyone else find it harder as ya get older
Posted: 7/5/2009 1:52:51 AM
I agree with you. It does get more difficult with age, for a variety of reasons. I will add one more that does not depend on the way people look or appear as they age.....

When people are younger, they have so much unrealized potential. Men and women alike are often attracted to someone who has plans and is going somewhere in life. Before you get to 50, you are what you are going to be "when you grow up". It is difficult to generate interest in any long-term plans or ambitions when you pass 50. The fifteen years between 50 and 65 can be terribly exciting (and rewarding) but the same fifteen years between 25 and 40, or between 20 and 35, are much more interesting. Early success can also lead to bankruptcy later, so there are no guarantees in this life.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 86 (view)

Get rid of new Puppy or Else...
Posted: 7/5/2009 1:13:27 AM
(Send her to me.....never mind....I will find her myself.)

You keep the dog.

Dogs are cheap.

Good women take years to find.

Seriously, if you have decided to prefer the companionship of a dog to a woman (you really dig), then she does not mean much to you.

In fact, I have no idea why you are visiting a dating site on the internet when you already have the companion you prefer.
 Lion_of_york
Msg: 24 (view)

Why do men assume all women are like thier ex?
Posted: 7/5/2009 12:49:01 AM
It seems to me you have made the same error yourself. You date two men, so all men must be the same way? Hey....call it a coincidence.

No one should blame all men (or all women) for what their ex did or did not do. There is very little that all men (or all women) have in common, especially when it comes to personality, behavior, or values. Expect something different with every person you meet.....because it will be different. All women are not the same and neither are all men the same. Everybody should already know that by now.

Show ALL Forums