Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Hillsborough - 15th April 1989
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 88 (view)

Hillsborough - 15th April 1989
Posted: 4/26/2016 3:59:23 AM
R.I.P 96 liverpool fans..For their families a day (26 April 20016) they thought would never come but it has and they have had confirmed what they have always known, the truth and so does the whole world. The fans were innocent on that day.
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 2 (view)

masquerade ball?
Posted: 1/24/2015 1:04:41 PM
Go for it .I hosted a plenty of fish masquerade ball a few years ago in London uk and it was huge success.
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 3 (view)

03-23-2013 --- Columbus, OH --- PLATINUMFISH Presents a Dance Party!
Posted: 3/22/2013 6:24:27 PM
Hi Not attending but just going to wish you well with your event.
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 8 (view)

Is this re portable behavior from a member ???
Posted: 2/8/2013 7:02:14 PM
This happens a lot to hosts...There are people of both sexes who really do not have the mentality to realise that they are being invited ,the same as hundreds of others to an event...

I hosted many events and had to report and block.

There is a couple of threads in the event host forums .. down underneath ' Technology forums'...post in there on those as other hosts from all over globe can tell you how they dealt with idiots...

HTH
 xxmistyxx

Can hosts be reported as spam?
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:47:35 AM
They can and they have been.You might find some interesting reading in this thread.reports are not read and it only takes the right amount of reports and yes profiles have gone ...

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14158084.aspx
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 14 (view)

Titanic 100 years on -
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:48:54 PM

The chance to say a last goodbye,to someone that died a hundred years ago?.

Now that was taken out of context.... They will be able to remember and say goodbye at the place where the ship sank..They will be able to see where their loved ones died or survived but suffered lots in the cold and throughout thier lives with nightmares etc..

Quote me again if you so wish but I will not come back to this thread..

50 years ago many who were on the ship that survived had grandchildren who they told their tales to many of those grand children are STILL alive and feel their grandparents pain...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 13 (view)

Titanic 100 years on -
Posted: 4/8/2012 3:39:52 PM
I am slightly disgusted with some aspects of it all..

I think the cruise ship that is going to where the Titanic sank will give the families some insight as to how there loved ones died or survived and also the chance to say a final goodbye...

The items that have been recovered from the wreck over the years should ,if it/they belonged to a passenger then the items should be given back to their family and not sold at auctionin one huge lot...

The 4 part series being shown I see no reason why it should to me it looks like a film been cut into quarters... We have had 2 films that is enough...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 1 (view)

Cannot access event/party threads
Posted: 4/5/2012 3:03:23 AM

!!!!Sorry, an error occured while processing your request. We have taken a note of this error and will do our best to resolve it!!!

Cannot access UK event threads .. so tried Ontario in Canada and cannot access them either ...Got message as quoted ...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 27 (view)

Hiding Cigarettes
Posted: 3/24/2012 7:36:48 AM

"Everyone knows smoking is bad for you and I do truly wish that the government would just ban it totally....

as some one else said its against human right to ban smoking completely . and i for one would not obey a total ban ..i respect the places i can not have a ciggy now but a total ban means in ones own home and thats like a dictatorship

If ones own home was one that was paid for by oneself then I agree but if ones self rents from a local authority /housing association rent ,then if said local authority/housing association decided to only rehouse non smokers ..or to insist as part of tenancy that smoking is not permitted in property or grounds.. I would suggest that many smokers would suddenly find that they become non/ex smokers pretty quick...

After all no human rights law would be able to force anyone who owns accomadation to rehouse potential tenants who they do not want as tenants..

Anyway back on TOPIC I do think hiding cigarettes is a good thing... If it helps one person stop or never start then it will be worth while!
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 21 (view)

Hiding Cigarettes
Posted: 3/23/2012 8:10:13 PM

I resent your controlling instincts to dictate what i can cannot do with my life. Thanks for your concern though.

Resent away if you want to, as I am not controlling anything and I entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that smoking should be banned totally...As for concern ... no concern of mine if you want to smoke .. go ahead tis after all a free if not smelly smokey country . After all if anyone still wishes to smoke then they will be able to do through the black market ...and as if the government will ban it totally , where would they raise the revenue from then?

My opinion of smoking has been the same for the last 40 years ,it is dirty , disgusting , expensive and if you are unlucky you will die from a smoke related illness..

Hiding cigarettes is a good thing ...
 xxmistyxx

Hiding Cigarettes
Posted: 3/23/2012 4:13:44 PM

The whole idea is ridicoluos in the first place and will do nothing to drive down smoking. It is the extra time and effort that it takes at kiosks now that will be interesting. Single manned and the person in front wants lottery and ciggarettes, top up and get electric and you could wait ages for just one person.

The queues for cigarettes , lottery etc will be the same .. most people know what brand they smoke so will ask for them ...

I believe that NOT having fags/tobacco on show will actually help reduce smoking in the long run...

Everyone knows smoking is bad for you and I do truly wish that the government would just ban it totally...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 11 (view)

Hiding Cigarettes
Posted: 3/23/2012 12:11:15 PM
I do not agree with ONLY large supermarkets having to hide the fags now and small retailers not having to do so until 2014..All shops should be doing it now...

When I was growing up there were no large supermarkets and it was the little shops I used to buy my loose fags from with my dinner money..

Even though I do agree with the ban of having fags on display the same as I agreed with the smoking ban in public buildings and pubs... I do think that pubs n clubs should have had the choice .. to be non or smoking pubs..

Any thing that helps one person stop or never start smoking has to be a good thing...
 xxmistyxx

Help ,How do you remove ios 5.1 from Iphone4s
Posted: 3/18/2012 4:09:27 PM
Thank you ! Camera icon can now be moved and put back as and when needed..
 xxmistyxx

Help ,How do you remove ios 5.1 from Iphone4s
Posted: 3/16/2012 5:08:36 PM
As the title asks .please how can the apps ios 5.1 be removed from Iphone4s... It was downloaded onto aphone but the person who downloaded it never understood what it was... If this cannot be removed anyone know how to remove icon of camera from front page of screen?

Thanks
 xxmistyxx

Safety and meets
Posted: 3/16/2012 4:55:58 PM

was assaulted by someone she had met at a meet and arranged to meet the following week...

Forgive me I will explain it for you AGAIN...

Woman on here arranges with Man on here to meet as in a DATE but to do it safely they , at her request do it at an arranged POF event... Things seem ok to her so when he asks her for another DATE the following week while they were still at the event.. She thinks ok .. When they meet up on their DATE the following week he assaults her..

Sorry but that IS an INTERNET date!

They met on POF which is an INTERNET dating site....

On the whole Meets/Events are a very safe way to have intial FIRST MEETS/ DATES.. Public safe place....
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 11 (view)

Safety and meets
Posted: 3/16/2012 4:16:14 PM
I have met hundreds and hundreds of people from this site before I hung up my hosting hat... Without going into to much detail .Yes a very very nice lady who I had got to know really well through her attendance of meets/event.. was assaulted by someone she had met at a meet and arranged to meet the following week... That lady never came back to an event .. It scarred her for life... . Not because it happened at a meet because it did not but in case he or another he would come along...The police were informed and the man dealt with... !
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 13 (view)

Transport Workers Bonus Payments During Olympics
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:43:11 AM

TRAVEL giant Thomas Cook which is the sole provider of Olympic mini-breaks – is charging up to triple what it is paying for hotel rooms and tickets to 2012 competitions.

Charging anything other than facevalue of tickets is actually illegal.. Same as people who managed to get more tickets than they need.. they have to sell back at face value to a special olympic site, if they do not wish to keep them..

Yes, many homes have been let for enormous rents during olympics but what they make in those few short weeks will not make up for the loss in rent after wards as tenants will go to other non greedy landlords prior and during olympics... In other words they will price them selves out of the market..

Greed just breeds, more greed..
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 7 (view)

Transport Workers Bonus Payments During Olympics
Posted: 3/8/2012 3:15:08 PM
I live in London close to where some events will be happening and the mood of local people is disgust!

1) Rail and tube staff are getting paid bonuses for working their usual/normal hours is wrong.. If there was/is extra money spare then people who are working as volunteers at the many venues should be paid.

2) If there is extra money then london transport should have made sure that more trains/tubes run instead of trying to get people who work in London 365 days a year,year after year go to work earlier and or leave later..

3) If there was/is spare money then perhaps the residents whose lives will be so disrupted could have been given reduced tickets. As it is, many will have to suffer even though they applied but never even got tickets .

Will we be paying ambulance staff , nurses and doctors more to work during olympics? No chance of that...

The tube workers are just pure greedy just like they were at xmas and all the other strike days they have had..

xxmistyxx

Fonts/log in screens gone huge
Posted: 2/17/2012 1:48:55 PM
Need help please .. Brand new Hp laptop with windows 7 operating system.. How can I make font /log in screens which today have gone huge go back to normal... windows 7 is all new to me ..

Thanks
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 25 (view)

Stephen Lawrence
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:36:38 AM
I am pleased that finally Stephen Lawrence family have got some sort of justice... I am not sure that those two will remain in prison as I do believe that they will appeal..

Had Stephen been buried on British soil his grave would have been attacked ,just as the plaque marking where he was stabbed in Well hall road is attacked regularly .. this was a racist attack...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 6 (view)

80s and 90s NYE Party in London
Posted: 12/22/2011 4:57:47 AM
Op Maybe it would be an idea to put in opening post that there is a door charge of £8.00 as stated in the mass mail you have sent...people may not be a aware ..

Sorry I will not be attending but have a good night..
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 5 (view)

macdonalds open on a christmas day
Posted: 12/10/2011 6:45:00 AM

I agree but i doubt the genuine homeless will have the cash to eat at mcdonalds

would be a nice thought if MacDonalds gave the homeless a meal for free or if every customer who went in and purchased their food purchased another one and donated it for the homeless.

So Macdonalds are to open on Christmas day ,do I care ? not one iota.. the same as I do not care if the pubs or the little corner shops are open..

Lets not forget the restaurants that are opening serving Christmas dinners.. ..
IMO there is no difference to a Harvester opening or Macdonalds.. they both supply food!
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 4 (view)

LANCING PRE VENUE XMAS MEET Saturday DEC 17th 2011
Posted: 11/18/2011 3:21:42 PM
Hi have signed up to help you get the magic 20, so that you can send mass mail out

good luck and enjoy
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 79 (view)

Remembrance Day November 11th
Posted: 11/11/2011 3:49:02 AM

Remembrance Day is observed on 11 November to recall the official end of World War I on that date in 1918; hostilities formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month" of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice ("at the 11th hour" refers to the passing of the 11th hour, or 11:00 a.m.)

The day was specifically dedicated by King George V on 7 November 1919 as a day of remembrance of members of the armed forces who were killed during World War I. This was possibly done upon the suggestion of Edward George Honey to Wellesley Tudor Pole, who established two ceremonial periods of remembrance based on events in 1917.[1]

The red remembrance poppy has become a familiar emblem of Remembrance Day due to the poem "In Flanders Fields". These poppies bloomed across some of the worst battlefields of Flanders in World War I, their brilliant red colour an appropriate symbol for the blood spilled in the war.

^^^^reason enough to WEAR a poppy with pride..
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 2 (view)

Older Boarding School Survivors
Posted: 11/6/2011 7:50:34 AM
I have thought long and hard about posting on this thread but here goes...

I was in care and know what it feels like to be in a childrens home, foster home and yes boarding school.. Social services use boarding schools and I can assure anyone who thinks differently they are not fun/nice places to be...Not every child has homes to go to at weekends or during the holidays . some ,myself included were sent to other boarding schools who stayed open for the holidays...

Not all staff are nice /caring people most are in it just to earn a crust and MANY are in it just so they can gain pleasure from assaulting vunerable pupils in their care...

I do not know what private boarding schools are like but I can say about state boarding schools....although thankfully during the last 30 years or so things have started to improve ...especially since the child act of 1989 where children are now heard !!

My past is my past and that is where it stays!
 xxmistyxx

Should a compulsory re-test for drivers be brought in every few years?
Posted: 11/5/2011 10:26:07 AM
I do not think that retesting of people will actually stop the accicents as happened on the M25 last night.

I do not drive but would like to see re tests for ALL drivers taken every five years.. As a pasenger I am amazed at how many drivers of all ages actually drive for long periods with only one hand on the wheel..

Both hands should be on the wheel at all times unless you are changing gear!

I say all drivers should be retested as ALL drivers slip into bad habits...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 59 (view)

Remembrance Day November 11th
Posted: 11/5/2011 9:43:11 AM
Here we go again .. "the wills and the will nots"

I will wear my poppy and so will all my children with PRIDE.. We will wear them for all servicemen and women have fought in previous wars and those still fighting..

We will wear our poppies with PRIDE and will remember all those who have lost their lives, been wounded and those living without their loved ones because they gave their lives serving our nation.

Don't want to wear a poppy ? well don't.!!!!!!

WE WILL...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 38 (view)

Ecigarettes
Posted: 9/26/2011 8:14:33 AM

I'm not anti tobacco, i would never take away a persons right to choose. i'm not even anti smoking. i just wanted to create awareness about the ecigarette as an ALTERNATIVE to smoking without having to worry about getting cancer or heart disease. I used it to stop smoking but not everyone has to use it in that way. the thread turned into a stop smoking thread but my original post asked 'is there any need to buy tobacco any more'

I am anti tobacco and was even more so when I smoked... I was fed up of people complaining of people using the NHS when ill due to smoking but those same people would never admit that without the money paid to government in taxes on every pack of cigs purchased, the NHS would collapse without putting every persons taxes up by loads...

Is there a need for people to buy tobacco.?. The remedies to help stop smoking does not suit all so smokers will continue buying and smoking...

Anything that helps you stop or cut down is good but I am not convinced by the E-Cig as I do not believe that the side effects have been proved or disproved as yet...

Thalidamide was a wonder drug but then it proved to cause horrific side effects...I think trials of the long term effects of the E-Cig should be carried out thoroughly ...

My doctor advocates that people should stop smoking but would not endorse the use of the E-Cig.. Also one point is that it uses batteries to make it light like a real cig. what if acid leaked from it .. That could kill you!
 xxmistyxx

Dog on cat attack
Posted: 9/25/2011 3:54:39 PM

I wasn't there to wittness the attack but have been told that my cat was in it's garden and the dog spotted my cat and came charging out of the house to grab my cat by the throat and rag him about before tossing him in the air to grab him by the throat again and continue to rag him about.

Not sure what the police can do as it is a dog attacking a cat which has entered it's space ...it's garden..

Usually cats would scarper at the sight of a dog charging towards it..

hope the cat recovers fully...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 140 (view)

Pikey eviction
Posted: 9/25/2011 3:02:39 PM

Imagine if you owned Dale Farm? You would not be very pleased if people decided to camp on it for years and then start building on it would you?

The people who live on dale farm ACTUALLY DO OWN THE LAND

What rights have they got to take something which is not theirs to take

They have not taken anything that is not theirs .. what they have done is to build on the land THEY OWN without getting planning permission..

Lets not forget that once they are evicted and their properties knocked down .. nothing stopping them from going back onto the land they own and living in caravans!
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 21 (view)

Ecigarettes
Posted: 9/25/2011 6:51:28 AM

thats simply not true, i did my research before using them and your gp should do his research to before saying things like that and putting people off this amazing product. there are 2 types of liquid used in ecigarettes and they are pg based liquid or vg based liquid. the pg based ones are based on ingredient found in toothpaste and the vg ones are based on a vegetable extract. the only other ingredients are water, flavourings (like in the food you eat), and nicotine

If people are happy to use them ,then let them .. all I was saying is that I was advised not to...

My point in my post was that whether it be e-cigs , patches, gums , losenges or spray at the end of the day they are only giving you false support. as when you stop using them YOU have to HAVE enough willpower to go cold turkey.. otherwise you are only replacing one habit with another one...

Example

Nicotine patches programme..

6 weeks -stage 1 strong nicotine
4 weeks- stage 2 medium nicotine
2 weeks- stage 3 weak nicotine

week 13 body still craves nicotine but no patches .. what happens? majority of people smoke again... only a few manage with willpower not to start again..

I can only write as I see it from my own experiences and failure attempts over the years..
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 19 (view)

Ecigarettes
Posted: 9/25/2011 5:26:32 AM
I looked into getting e-cig these earlier this year... but as they are quite a new thing I sought advice form my gp who told me " they have as many harmful things in as cigs , I don't recommend anyone trying them " . if they ever become free on NHS therefore being endorsed as safe ...then I would say that there would be no excuse for smokers not actually trying to stop...Because what is available in the market now such as patches , gum etc does not suit everyone ..

I believe it it the mind set you get into with these and patches ,gum and spray etc that actually hinder people in stopping smoking...Because at the end of the day it only delays you having to go cold turkey when you finish using the support of patches etc..

I smoked 20-30 cigs for 40 years .. tried miserably over the years to stop and never managed it ..till now..

When I exchanged from my house to a flat 2 years ago I stopped smoking indoors...had to go outside to smoke ,down stairs and out of my block of flats, I went down to smoking 5 a day ...

I changed my habits .. instead of having cig after meals I washed up straight away..I got used to not smoking when getting up and going to bed .. etc.

First week I used a patch a day
2nd week went cold turkey

and the rest is history as they say ..Last week 19th Sept I celebrated 6 months as an ex smoker..
 xxmistyxx

Boy starts new term as a girl
Posted: 9/14/2011 9:13:18 AM
If this is the case I think it is ..The child is now 9 or 10... The child left school last term as a boy and this term has started back as a girl...

I cannot judge on what a child of this age can think about themselves..But I do know that I have the most macho son who while growing up surrounded by all sisters played with girls toys now and again..( The girls also played with cars etc) .So playing with the opposite genders toys does NOt mean thye child is transgender...

IMO this is a very stupid act of both parents and the local authority that have allowed this to happen..for the child to attend same school ..

Why on earth was the child not moved to a new school where no one knew him?
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 57 (view)

10 years ago Sunday....
Posted: 9/14/2011 7:54:03 AM

So while I feel sympathy over 9/11, I really don't feel the need to do a big song and dance over it. I think what we are remembering is not the lives lost, but rather the fashion in which they died - two massive jets flying into a skyscraper is certainly a strange site
hope you don't think I'm evil for this post :)

People are entitled to express their opinions but to assume what other posters are remembering is WRONG! What a choice they had burn to death, jump, or wait for building to collapse and die being crushed by concrete... Thousands ARE left with the aftermath.. People of America, the families of 67 uk citizens inc luding 2 who were working as firefighters in new York and families from 90 nations are reminded every minute of every day.....

If I wish to remember joe bloggs who died from alcholism or people who died from 9/11 .. I WILL! I do not tell anyone they must do the same ..EACH to their OWN!!!

If people are not happy with their governments and their policies.. instead of sitting and doing nothing .. do something..Nothing stopping anyone from entering politics..
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 42 (view)

10 years ago Sunday....
Posted: 9/11/2011 12:06:34 PM

I wonder if the 10th anniversary of the Boxing Day Tsunami (which killed over 200,000 people and left countless more homeless) will attract such media attention. Or will people be too hungover or thinking about the sales?

Tsunami was an act of nature... a natural disaster.... 9/11 was murder. by terroists..

I do not remember a disaster appeal for 9/11 but sure do remember millions being raised ( rightly so ) to help those rebuild areas and lives where the tsunami hit...

If there is an anniversary event I will watch that like I did today but I do not need to be told to remember because I will remember..

Today was and is about 9/11
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 40 (view)

10 years ago Sunday....
Posted: 9/11/2011 9:57:30 AM

In Iraq US/UK instigated UN backed embargos denied basic food and medical supplies to the entire country to try and force them into rising up against sadam which is estimated to have killed hundreds of thousands of babies and children and an estimated 3 million lives in total in the years between the two invasions by the denial of basic foods and medicines

And Sadam did not steal millions from and deprive his people of food and medical supplies...? He was of course a pillar of society .. Yeah sure he was ! He never killed innocent people in their millions ?

This thread was supposed to be about remembering those that died on 9/11 2001 ..

I will always remember that day with horror and disbelief ..

R.I.P all those that died that day!
 xxmistyxx

Life time ban on Gay men giving blood to be lifted
Posted: 9/8/2011 5:19:27 PM
I heard this today on the news... I have to say I am disgusted ,not at gay men being allowed to finally (like hetosexuals and lesbians)to give blood but the fact they WILL ONLY be ALLOWED to do so if they have NOT had s3x for a year...

Talk about moving goal posts .. They are trying to make it look like equality will finally be granted but in reality nothing has changed ..as how many men gay or straight will there be, who have not had any s3x in the last year? Not many I would guess and how would anyone know who was telling the truth and who was not?

All blood is screened so it should make no difference if coming from a gay ,straight or lesbian person.
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 32 (view)

Should they take away his million £.
Posted: 9/7/2011 9:44:29 AM

He battered his current missus and put her in hospital with a brain bleed, but i'm sure she'll forgive him now though.

Thought it was previous girlfriend? or even previous girlfriends boyfriend? Is this a new allegation stating he has assaulted his current partner?
 xxmistyxx

Posted: 9/6/2011 1:18:00 PM
Thanks for that...

Are court documents and papers relating to cases private and confidential? I believe they are ,so how can they be used as evidence against him?

He still served his time... BEFORE he applied to go on the show .. his sentance was spent... He won fair and square..
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 9/6/2011 12:31:58 PM

Bricklayer Nathan Hageman was previously reported to have been jailed for attacking his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend.
This is the story that is all over the media...

It has now been reported that the 31-year-old, from Reading, attacked a woman, thought to be his former partner.

Cannot seem to find anything to confirm this please can you cite something...

Either way his conviction is/ was spent... he did the crime and paid for it by doing time...

Its his and his money to do with what he likes.. he won it fair and square....

he should be allowed to keep it ...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 113 (view)

Pikey eviction
Posted: 9/3/2011 8:25:12 AM
Dale farm LAND is OWNED by the the travellers...... How can or why should people standing on their own land be evicted?

The buildings however if they did not comply with planning permission then they should be knocked down.. or perhaps, just perhaps in the logic of things ,planning permission could/should be granted if buildings comply with regulations...

If these travellers who have lived here there for 10 years are evicted .. where will they go ?... Oh yes they can be housed by local authority and then you will have all the residents screaming for the travellers to be removed as they lower the tone of the area.

I am not a traveller but do think if people own land they paid for .. why can they not build on it ? after all if William bought farm land and then wanted to build a castle for his wife .. I do not see that any council planning office refusing ,do YOU?

Live and let live I say!
 xxmistyxx

Event thread lock-down
Posted: 8/29/2011 5:16:38 PM

Gosh, 8 hours ahead of admin... i would KILL for that ... i get 3 hours... 3am my time and bamm... its gone...

gosh 3 hours is nothing is it ? Guess we are lucky here in UK , suppose just sometimes there could be a glitch maybe with lockdown of threads..? A host today posted her comments and image thread late this afternoon (UK time) ...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 7 (view)

Event thread lock-down
Posted: 8/28/2011 5:42:15 AM
When I host I have always taken it as that we are 8 hours in front of admin .. could be 7 or 6 lol .. I always post the thread when I come in from the event .
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 6 (view)

Event thread lock-down
Posted: 8/25/2011 3:40:26 AM
Hi Miss Allison

All I am suggesting is that if for you it is manditory to post a link in your events thread telling people where to find the photos and you can not do it after your event, why not post your photos thread just before you leave to host your event? It's putting forth the same amount of effort - just a matter of timing.

Some UK hosts have actually posted comments and image threads before event had started and as they were leaving to attend only to find on return that (a) the thread had been removed and (b) hosts were told they were not allowed.. by who or why I have no idea..

Since lockdown was introduced it has in my opinion saved a lot of hassle .Now events that are current usually stay on either page 1 or 2 where as before some could have landed on page 4 due to people bringing up old event threads to comment on rather than on the comments and image thread...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 22 (view)

advice please
Posted: 8/25/2011 2:55:09 AM

and I would never tell you to go to the profile reviews on this site.
It is all posters from USA that help and we are not really the same.

Everyone opinion will differ , does not matter what country they are from...

Until this site makes review threads for each state or country ,then as per rules of this site if you want help with your profile then you should post in profile reviews...in GLOBAL section...
 xxmistyxx

advice please
Posted: 8/24/2011 2:54:03 PM
You could always ask in profile reviews area...

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum94.aspx
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 43 (view)

Is Prostitution An Acceptable Way To Earn A Living?
Posted: 8/23/2011 8:26:11 AM

Before you pounce, no I have never used the services of a prostitute, and have absolutely no desire to do so, as I enjoy not having any STD's, do not wish to copulate with an alcoholic and/or a drug addict, and would seriously like to hold on to my wallet.

You actually have more chance of catching STD's from someone you meet in a bar,buy a couple of drinks for and then take to bed...and /or those having affairs behind their partners backs...

Not all prostitutes are alcoholics or drug users or thieves.. there are many mums/women/dads and men who do it to live and support their families....

Do I think it is an acceptable way to earn a living ? Each to their own I say ... well lets face it if the demand was not there then there could be NO need to supply and is it better not to earn money by working for it .... than to steal ,rob, mug someone or shoplift?

Also prostitution is done by both genders...

Perhaps if prostitution had been legalised and people could do it somewhere rather than on street corners ..then perhaps the prostitutes of Ipswich (and anywhere else) may still be alive ..
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 23 (view)

Riots benefits e-petition
Posted: 8/14/2011 4:06:59 PM

Just make them work for their benefits by repairing all the damage they caused! If they had to work full time repairing all the shops and homes they had damaged and paying to replace all the goods they had stolen that would soon put people of rioting and looting.

IMO best suggestion so far on this thread...

If any of the rioters are tenants in their own accomadation then YES kick them out.. but you cannot evict a tenant for anther persons crime..

Parents are not always to blame for children /young adults behaviour.. sometimes just pure GREED and PEER pressure is to blame...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 67 (view)

London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 3:38:26 PM

Misty they have arsoned Wetherspoons in Woolwich...
One of my daughters has aquired a pic showing wetherspoons on fire ... No fire brigade or police any where near..

Everyone round here is scared... Heard but nothing confirmed as yet, that Shops down Bugsby way have been looted...

I can understand looting a shop for greed but what is the point of setting alight a pub? I do believe that is also a listed building .. I do hope that it survives...
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 63 (view)

London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 3:19:45 PM
I live quite near to both Woolwich and Lewisham, tonight Woolwich is being looted and fire can be seen ... 1 of my daughters lives one side and another daughter ,son in law and grandaughter live other side side to where the looting and rioting are taking place......

It has taken 3 days for our prime minister to actually return home .. Lots are calling for the army to be used but that seems to be falling on deaf ears...

I do not condone Tottenham riots but do understand why it happened...

I do not condone the Brixton riots but do understand why that happened... That was because the lady paralysed in the 1985 riots died on Sunday....

I do not condone any violence and what is happening now is just greedy people seizing an opportunity...

People losing their homes and business just for peoples greed...Why did the government NOT shut down the BB messenger ? as that has been stated to be the way people communicated...

Stay safe people...

Show ALL Forums