Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Message Restrictions
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 758 (view)

Message Restrictions
Posted: 6/27/2016 11:19:58 AM
From msg#7

[A better option than putting these restrictions into place would be to require all users to select a preferred age range, with those outside the age range unable to write to a person or see their ad when logged in (in other words, the same process which is in place for those who opt-in to setting an age range). That way, anyone who doesn't want to hear from someone above or below a particular age, won't hear from them, without restricting people who don't mind or prefer a significant age difference from reaching out to one another.

I agree with this, and especially don't put a 14 year limitation for 70 year olds.

I prefer around the same age as me, and am capable of making my own decisions.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 4 (view)

The Marcus Letter
Posted: 6/17/2013 10:29:56 PM
I agree with the OP.

Thank you for sending the letter.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 7 (view)

service unavailable
Posted: 11/20/2012 8:08:56 AM
Ditto
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 242 (view)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:08:51 PM
At least now I can see there's been only 1 viewer the past week.

That's better than thinking there were 15-30 or whatever, without that being the case.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 158 (view)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 5/30/2012 1:25:51 PM
The photos showing are not Viewed Me,
because new random photos show up every time the Viewed Me link is clicked.
 johnlvs2run

Viewed Me - Date and Time added
Posted: 10/1/2011 9:10:57 PM
Same here.

Also, someone asked elsewhere what the "show" under each photo was for.
So far I've not seen an answer to that.
 johnlvs2run

Suggestion: Facebook friends filter
Posted: 5/16/2011 4:56:17 PM
I agree with the OP.

I don't like FB, specifically because they take personal information, and anyone can spread it around to anyone.

It amazes me that some people think that is okay.

I stopped using google, because they posted my name, home address, private phone # and a map to my house on more than thirty different websites. Then they kept mailing me advertisements trying to get me to pay for the same information! A few days ago someone called me from google, trying to sell me on paying to have my personal information listed on google. I asked, why should I pay for it, when you already have me listed for free? They had no answer for that.

Some fifteen years ago I was stalked for six months by someone who had gotten my personal information off the net, was harassing and threatening to kill me. There are a lot of crazy people in the world!!! And I'm sure they'd love to know all about YOU! That might be fine with you, but someone stealing my personal info and plastering it all over the internet is not fine with me.

It is quite ironic that now, snooping into someone else's business is considered to be the status quo, and minding one's own business is considered perverted! Such is the power of the corporate world, and the numbness of those who buy into it.

Now I see that POF has a FB send key, so anyone can easily send a member's personal profile information to anywhere else in the world. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

Whatever happened to respect for others, personal choice, and personal privacy.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 5 (view)

teeny tiny small print
Posted: 3/20/2011 6:03:15 PM
I usually click control plus or minus, but that doesn't work in the userpane.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 3 (view)

teeny tiny small print
Posted: 3/2/2011 10:06:55 PM
I'm talking about the chat window, the userpane, when you're chatting with someone.

How do you make the print larger in that?
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 2 (view)

teeny tiny small print
Posted: 3/2/2011 8:29:35 PM
No, where do you do that?
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 1 (view)

teeny tiny small print
Posted: 3/2/2011 7:32:31 PM
How can the print be made larger in the chat/userpane?

Right now it is very teeny tiny.

In fact it is very teeny tiny also in this forum.

How can the print be made larger?

I have the computer set to use whatever settings are set by the sites.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 8 (view)

Red IM icon + Green dot
Posted: 11/9/2010 5:10:18 PM
My experience with these is as follows.

Red IM
This indicates to women that you are BUSY chatting with other women in IM.

Green Dot
Signifies you had the red IM on when you were online but have since signed out, who knows how long ago.
A friend told me last night the green dot was still on and I'd not been on pof for more than an hour.

A couple of friends have gotten very ANGRY at me and disappeared, because they said I was IM'ing with lots of women while they were sending a message to me. I hadn't been IM'ing with anyone and told them the same.

The thing is I didn't realize until yesterday WHY they thought I was busy IM'ing with women. It is because of that red IM next to the nickname. Apparently a lot of people take that to mean you are busy IM'ing with someone (women in my case) the entire time the IM is red, which means ALL the time you are on.

Probably the best thing to do to keep this from happening is to turn the red IM off.
 johnlvs2run

Was forced to answer questions before I could view a message
Posted: 9/30/2010 3:44:29 PM
Would I date someone who smokes. That is easy -- NO.
I have already answered that question in my preferences on my profile.

Would I date someone who has kids? This is not so easy to answer. Please define "kids."
If kids means post teens then sure. If kids means an age 60 woman has 5 kids below age ten, then no.
The problem with the questions is that they are too simplistic and do not allow people to express themselves.

Better would be, "how do you feel about dating someone with kids?"

I can see having a series of essay questions, where answers are left up to people who answer the questions.
However, the answers chosen by the admin, are answers that could very well not fit anyone else.

It's like asking the question, would you like bear #1, or bear #2 to eat you?
Neither answer is correct.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 10 (view)

please review my profile - thank you
Posted: 8/27/2010 9:40:44 AM
Thank you all for the helpful suggestions.

I have incorporated them and updated my profile.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards
 johnlvs2run

women only - please review my profile - thank you
Posted: 8/21/2010 11:09:46 PM
GypsyGirl20,
Thank you for taking the time to post your awesome suggestions.
You make great points and they are much appreciated.
Very helpful, thanks.
=^..^=

And just as a side note, I noticed you put down "Undecided/Open" for "Do you want children?".

I don't want to have children, but am fine with a woman having children or grandchildren already.
Basically I wasn't sure how to answer that question.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 6 (view)

Any women care to review?
Posted: 8/21/2010 6:51:43 PM
Probably all the strange women who answered, except Shutterfly, scared him away.
 johnlvs2run

Posted: 8/21/2010 4:53:05 PM
When you can, get a current full-body shot put up there.

Restricting males from reviewing you not only deprives you of half the good advice you might get (if the feisty POF males accept your restriction, heh heh) -- don't you think it is ironic compared to the main theme of your profile (we should all be free to do as we like)?

I'll do that, when I get one. Thanks.

It's not ironic. Why would it be ironic. I did not say we should all be free to do as we like.

Update: I've removed the long paragraph.
 johnlvs2run

Posted: 8/21/2010 4:47:26 PM

Seems a bit preachy, a bit holier than thou, as it were. Also, comes off as if you are trying very hard to be/sound cool. Nothing wrong with being cool however; those hips cats don't have to try, they just are. The general percepts of your profile are just a bit over the top much for my tastes, but then again, I may be one of those birdies stuck in a cage, unenlightened.

Thanks for the complement, TCW.
My profile seems very non conventional to me, so it's surprising it would seem cool to anyone.

What is the holier than thou bit, the long paragraph? I added that part today.

I don't really care if men or whoever comments. Anyone is welcome to comment.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 8/21/2010 3:14:22 PM
Women only, please review my profile.

Thank you

Well this needs to be 200 letters long, so I'll most more until it gets to be 200 letters long.
I hope this is long enough now. It's just a profile review. I guess the rest of this post is on the profile.

So anyway, I'll see if it's at least 200 letters now. I hope so, as the last time it erased my message.

And I had to type it over again. No big deal. But it would be nice to not have to do that again.

Okay here goes.
 johnlvs2run

Intimate Encounter
Posted: 8/19/2010 9:57:25 PM

In the word "Intimate Encounter", the word "Intimate" means very private, closely personal, warm friendship, familiar association or feeling, detailed, devoted, deep within, or inmost.

The word encounter means to meet.

I am pretty sure that "Intimate Encounter" means very similar to "Long Term".

Yes, I agree with you.

I saw a profile a few months ago that was titled "looking for intimate relationship."

At the bottom was "Must not be looking for Intimate Encounter."
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 79 (view)

What is the longest relationship you have been in?
Posted: 8/17/2010 7:29:04 PM

from a psychological perspective, most imprinting and behvioural habbits occur between the ages of 0 to 8.

I used to be 8 years of age.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 64 (view)

it's what you want that counts
Posted: 7/22/2010 4:49:25 PM
He sounds like an adrenaline junkie. There are a lot of people like that.

I think the best thing is to get away from him, move along and keep enjoying your life.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 17 (view)

Census workers coming around to follow up
Posted: 7/19/2010 4:20:02 PM
Flo talks about why it is your duty as a Christian to co-operate with the government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=158qfNT5c1g

Comedy
* census
* homeland
* security
* privacy
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 15 (view)

How can a user delete messages from the view all correspondence list?
Posted: 7/17/2010 11:28:23 PM
The Holmesian Fallacy
http://www.frankston.com/public/?name=HolmesianFallacy
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 7/17/2010 8:59:52 PM
It could, because that's what happened to me.

Then I blocked the person in return and all of my correspondence disappeared. Unblocked and they were still gone.

After this, the person sent another message to me. I blocked again and that message disappeared.
Unblocked and the messages are still gone.

It appears that blocking removes all the messages from the blocker's correspondence, and the blocker's messages from the other person's correspondence.

It also makes blocking/unblocking a way of removing that particular correspondence history.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 31 (view)

walking, running, carbohydrates
Posted: 7/17/2010 7:58:42 PM

Are you referring to distance runners or sprinters? Yes both are lean, but one is aerobic and the other anaerobic. A top sprinter will tend to be significantly larger than a distance runner of equal height--will look a lot like a bodybuilder, in fact many of them do resistance training similar to bodybuilders/powerlifters.

Distance runners.

Yes, that's a good point. The longer the distance, the leaner the runner.

Of the 30 runners who have bettered 27 minutes for the 10k on the track, 23 of them were 126 pounds or less, and 29 of them were 141 pounds or less.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 7/17/2010 2:16:22 PM

WEIGHTS
Resistance exercises are good for firming and toning the body.

RE Msg: 87 by Jono_1986:
The above statement is completely wrong.

You are hard to please. I figured you would agree with that one.

Weights burn calories during and long after you finish training as your body repairs the damage done during training.

That is wishful thinking. Most bodybuilders eat very sparingly, very small meals, and yet still they are too heavy. And that is precisely because they do not burn enough calories lifting weights, whether before, during, or after their exercise. That's because you don't burn many calories having a nap after lifting a weight a few times. The only thing that burns calories is movement over time.

High protein diet's do not make you gain weight

Given an equal number of calories, you will gain more weight with a high protein diet because protein takes longer to digest then do complex carbohydrates. Additionally, excessive animal protein creates an acid blood which sucks calcium from the bones to try and neutralize all the acidity. This is why the countries with the highest consumption of animal products likewise has the highest incidence of hip fractures and osteoporosis.

I could have 200g of protein a day but if I only intake 2000 calorie for that amount I will lose weight.

Why don't you do it then.

Your calorific intake determines weight gain or loss. Protein simply provides the fuel your body needs to repair muscles.

Even an 80/10/10 carb/protein/fat diet contains plenty of protein for the body, without having an excess that damages the bones, kidneys, liver and causes you to carry around an excess of muscle and/or fat.

Intensity is extremely important. The average person does not have 3+ hours a day to dedicate to training thus I re-iterate again the fact that an intense weights session packed into this time maybe 90 mins will reap you far for efficient gains ie calories burnt for time spent training. You clearly do not understand what efficiency means.

I have 24 hours in a day. How many do you have? 90 minutes? That's not much of a day. A 60 year old woman probably burns more calories walking 4 miles in an hour than you lifting weights for an hour. In other words, the woman walking 4 miles in an hour is burning calories at a higher rate and intensity than you lifting weights. Besides that, she is eating a balance diet that helps to keep her healthy, while you are packing your insides with protein that you're not able to digest. A runner covering 10 miles in an hour would burn far more calories that you would lifting weights. And would continue to burn more calories after the exercise too.

I will agree with about looking good is a matter of perception. But please do not post information that is completely inaccurate regarding training regiems. Speak about cardio

Thank you for agreeing with me. I will continue to post accurate information.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2010 7:12:30 PM
Goku, I would rather look like a marathoner, obviously, since I'm a runner. :)

WALKING
The best way to lose weight is with movement, the more movement the better.
This is why walking is a great exercise for losing weight, because you can get more movement over time with walking than with just about anything else.
It does not matter that the walking, or any exercise is hard or easy. The only thing that matters is the movement over time.

GAZELLE GLIDER
This is why the gazelle edge glider is great for losing weight too, because you can continue a great amount of movement over time.
In fact the Gazelle is very easy to use. Many people have a hard time getting their heart rates up very high.
Others, perhaps not in as good of condition, do get the heart rates up higher.
Also this depends on how intensely the machine is used. In either case, this does not matter.
It is the movement over time that counts for the losing of weight.

RUNNING
If walking is too easy then walk longer. I know of a woman who lost 80 pounds by walking 4 to 8 miles at a time.
She usually walked 4 miles, but then would do this 2 or 3 times in a day.
Along with the walking, she gradually made adjustments to her diet, to fit her exercise schedule.
She told me she was not able to run, because she got out of breath in only a few seconds.
I said well you are running too hard. Just run the same pace you are walking. She tried this and was able to run.
But that did not matter. Again, it is the movement over time that is important to lose weight.
If walking for an hour or 2 or 3 is too easy, then walk faster, or run, as long as you still get the movement over time.

INTENSITY
This is not as important for losing weight as is movement over time.
If you sprint a lap of the track, that can be very intense, and you might not be able to run the rest of the day.
But if you walk for 3 hours, then you have a lot of movement over that time, and can lose much more weight.
The exercise over time is more productive than having short bursts of intensity.

WEIGHTS
Resistance exercises are good for firming and toning the body.
They do not help with losing weight, because there is very little movement over time.

WEIGHTLIFTING
This is where the person does usually single lifts, and lifts close to as much as possible on each lift.
This is the best for developing maximum strength for one's weight. It is not good for weight loss.

BODYBUILDING
This is where the person uses lighter weights and does repetitions, in order to pump up the muscles.
This does not develop the maximum strength of the muscles, but is a good way to GAIN weight.
Ideally the weight gained is muscle.
Some very heavy people can lose weight with body building, because even this little exercise is more than they were doing previously.

DIET
High protein diets are touted for body building, to build muscle and gain weight.
A person intending to lose weight for the long term needs to eat carbohydrates for energy.
All endurance athletes eat carbohydrates, so they can have the energy to exercise over time.
A high protein diet does not provide enough energy to exercise over time, but it is good for gaining weight.
It is also okay, I guess, for people who do not do much exercise over time.

LOOKING GOOD
This is a matter of perception. I personally think that big heavy guys do not look very good.

FIGHTING
If you're going to get in a lot of fights all the time, it is probably good to be as big as you can possibly be.

LIVING LONGER
The life span of distance runners is considerably above that of the average population.
However, the life span of sprinters, fighters, football players and similar, is quite a bit less than the average.

I am writing this for those who are interested to be a healthy weight and to live healthy lives.

Best regards
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2010 6:47:57 PM
I realize this thread is old, but it answered a question of mine.

Apparently if you block someone, it removes all your messages from their correspondence list.

If you then unblock that person, the messages are still gone, they don't reappear.

And visa versa, if the person blocks and then unblocks you, the messages are still gone.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2010 2:14:35 PM

Well...uh....could it be because very lean people tend to excel at running?

You know, like how tall people are good at basketball? Whereas basketball will not make you tall? That kinda thing

Oh I see, so overweight people tend to lift weights, and that's why people who lift weights are heavy.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2010 7:48:58 PM

We are not saying you cannot lose weight by walking/cardio, we are saying it is not the most efficient way of going about it.

Yeah but that's bullocks isn't it, because if you look at all the top runners in the world they are all very lean.

Then if you look at bodybuilders who do the things you suggest, they are all very heavy and most of them can't even walk for an hour.

You even admit that walking, cardio as you call it, is bloody hard work. Well then get out and walk so you get in the condition to be able to do it more easily.

Another thing is, if you're going to walk or run very far then you're going to need to have carbohydrates in your diet.
 johnlvs2run

Success with the gazelle edge / freestyle
Posted: 7/13/2010 4:02:28 PM
I've been reading the reviews on A mazon regarding the Gazelle this past week.
The reviews are quite impressive, so I got a used Gazelle Freestyle this morning for $30 from two very nice ladies.

This machine looks very good and is quite substantial. I think the Freestyle is heavier than the Edge and it was
a little difficult to move into the house, but not bad. If this was not available, I was going to order an Edge from E bay.

I gave the Gazelle a short run this afternoon and it felt pretty good. I'm going to use it for longer in the morning.
It should be a good warmup for my running. If you have questions about the Gazelle, let me know and I'll try to answer.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 19 (view)

cardio, weightlifting, or diet
Posted: 7/13/2010 3:42:52 PM
It is really funny seeing a bunch of really heavy guys trying to give advice on how to lose weight and be healthy.
And people who don't walk much, trying to give advice about walking. Really? You don't walk and yet you know all about walking?
I know of many, many people, especially women, who have lost 50 to 80 pounds or more, with primarily walking.

A few decades ago I was working in an office of mostly overweight women, where they would regularly trade recipes to lose weight. One say I said, hey if you want to lose weight, you should talk with Marian, not each other, because they were all heavy and Marian weighed 98 pounds. One of them asked Marian how she got so light and kept healthy. Marian laughed at that, and said in her country her friends called her "fatty", because she was the heaviest of her and her friends. One of the things I am most proud of from that office, is that every one of was able to run, and started either a walking or running program by the time I left.

The point of this is that if you want to weigh 185 or 200 pounds, then it doesn't really matter what you do.

But if you really want to be a healthy weight and live a healthy life, then look to the people who exemplify how you want to look and how you want to be.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 43 (view)

What is the longest relationship you have been in?
Posted: 7/11/2010 9:38:14 PM

What about if you didn't marry until your early 40's and your spouse died within a year? Does that make you a bad choice? For Admin to be so arrogant as to assume that the length of time we all have spent in relationships will translate into how successful the next relationship will be is absurd.

People's answers to that question will not be any consideration to me.
I go by what people say and do, express, what is important to them and what they believe.
It is not all that difficult to find out what is important by communicating and sharing with the person.
 johnlvs2run

a failure to communicate
Posted: 5/24/2010 9:49:38 PM
Everyone does not think the same way, and not everyone wants the same things.

For example there is a wide variation in people's ability to communicate and listen to others.

It looks to me that POF is not able to ask people what they want, and to listen carefully to the answers.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 33 (view)

The lunacy of lawns
Posted: 5/5/2010 3:55:07 PM

I roll out the barrel to flatten the grass where I hang out.

That's a fabulous idea. Made me laugh. :)

I removed the carpet a year ago, and love the bare concrete floors.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 14 (view)

What is the healthiest way to eat and live?
Posted: 4/30/2010 11:23:22 PM
Why avoid tea?

Tea contains caffeine, fluoride, and aluminum.

Tea leaves accumulate more fluoride than any other edible plant.

Unless organic, tea can also be high in the pesticide DDT.
 johnlvs2run

When a woman punches walls...
Posted: 4/25/2010 10:51:58 PM
It is not acceptable for anyone, especially not a man, especially not for people in authority positions.

The more damage a person could do, the less acceptable that type of behavior.
 johnlvs2run

You are not allowed to message XYZ
Posted: 4/21/2010 3:36:58 PM
I just now got the response, "you are not allowed to message [xyz].
I've not ever gotten this message before, so it must have gone on recently.

This is strange, because I have not ever contacted anyone marked IE, certainly not since paying
attention to such designations and finding out what they supposedly mean, which has been for at least a few years.

Thus the block must be for contacting those who like hiking, running, gardening, or eating kimchi.

I have to agree with those who say it is ridiculous to classify other relationship in such a specific manner,
and which is not in line with the intention of those who put the selection. Were the choice "other relationship"
to be congruent, the reading of the message would be "must not have messaged users looking for other relationship."
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 20 (view)

Oil pulling -- what kinds of results?
Posted: 4/9/2010 3:34:49 PM
It is interesting those most against oil pulling are those who've not tried it.

Well of course toothpaste must be better because.... (long silence)... uhhh, it is advertised on tv??? or maybe, it's published in some peer review study??? well of course. therefore people don't have to think for themselves, just ask your resident medical quacks and they'll tell you what to take, how to behave, and how much to pay them - nevermind their horrenduous results.

No thanks.

I'd rather rely on my own personal experiences, and always make up my own mind for myself.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 4/7/2010 9:54:14 AM
From the end of May 2008 to August 11 2008 I dropped 40lbs

Congrats on the loss. What do you weigh now? Are you a weight that the OP wants to be.

would guess that she lost more muscle than if she went slower

A woman weighing 120 pounds does not want the muscles of a 250 pound bulked up guy.
Some people want to be bulked up and heavy. Not everyone wants that or likes it.

I prefer being well toned.

Having enough strength is good.
But there is no reason to carry around extra weight that just slows you down and/or makes life more difficult.
 johnlvs2run

What is the healthiest way to eat and live?
Posted: 4/6/2010 6:34:07 PM
I've been eating a lot of kimchi since last fall and love it.
All the veggies that I like go into a bucket, which I keep adding to every week.
Then I usually eat this with blueribbon long grain rice.
Besides this I eat small amounts of fruit and drink plenty of water.

I like to run, walk, hike, and do similar types of exercise.
Besides my running, I do some strength exercises to keep my muscles in good tone,
as I feel it is important to keep the muscles strong for support of the bones and internal organs.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 4/6/2010 9:17:49 AM

That's way too much, way too fast. Nearly always that rate of weight loss is reversed and worse, yo-yo dieting. Very unhealthy, but what's done is done.

I disagree entirely. To lose weight, lose weight - as long as this is done in a healthy manner.
A person who goes from 200 to 140 back to 200 is going to be healthier than one who stays at 200.
But it's better to stay healthy. I feel either are easy. The key is keeping the focus on the way that you want.

I would skip the body building stuff unless you're aiming to put on a lot of mass, which means weight.
In that case forget all about losing weight since you would be gaining not losing.

I like cardio exercises, and strength, which is entirely different from putting on bulk.
To me, being lean vs bulked are opposites. Strength & cardio exercises help to keep you lean and healthy.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 11 (view)

Oil pulling -- or snake-oil pulling?
Posted: 4/6/2010 9:07:12 AM

How can there be an agenda when there is no money to be made with oil-pulling...just buy oil and see how you feel - nothing to lose.

Also, why is the human experience worth nothing?

Why is the human experience attached to the negative, dismissive connotation of being merely *anecdotal* ?

Why do we blindly and submissively rely on some stranger in a lab to dictate what we do or not do...what we believe or don't believe...why not explore methods and ideas OURSELVES and make our own decisions. Why not encourage others to do the same?

Well said.

I feel my own experience is most valuable.

The results from some special "studies" are questionable. I pay no attention to them.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 18 (view)

How do I read her signals?
Posted: 4/5/2010 7:58:03 PM
Sure...go ahead..then after you fall for her and she lets a new guy 'in', come and whine here about it.

Good point!

I see it like maybe there's a quiet road that I'd not seen before but there's a sign that it's going to be destroyed that weekend. Should I run on the road, just because I might like it? When it was gone I might be a little sad it was gone, but more importantly I would have that nice experience to keep with me. So I would run on that road and not even hesitate for an instant. The fact is that we all lose everything by the ends of our lives, so we might as well enjoy while we're here. Life is short and then it is over. Also maybe she doesn't have a bf anyway. Who knows. If you like her then I see no reason to not get to know her better. But if/when the relationship doesn't work out then be ready to move on. In that case, maybe the experience would lead you to a more lasting relationship.

In my case I'd be motivated to find another nice dirt road like the one I enjoyed, and one's that's going to be here a long time.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 160 (view)

Men in their 60s
Posted: 4/4/2010 5:17:51 PM

I have taken care of a large family as a single parent and am not signing up to take care of some decrepit old coot for the remainder of my life. He might want to hire a nurse for that.

That is hilarious.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 23 (view)

The lunacy of lawns
Posted: 4/3/2010 10:42:15 PM
I have lawns on the front, back and sides.

I never put anything on the lawn,
but have put free pickup truckloads of well composted horse manure on the garden.

I mow the lawn only a couple of times a year, as little as possible.

I never water the lawn, ever.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 28 (view)

Heart broken into a million pieces
Posted: 4/3/2010 6:32:00 PM
I agree with lyme. +

That she broke up online might not sound right, but perhaps she tried in person and the OP did not accept what she said, as he is still not accepting it now. In that case, it seems that online was best option that was left for her.

The best option for the OP is to let her do what she wants to do, get over it and move on.
It is better to be with someone who wants to be with you, then with someone who does not.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 6 (view)

Users That Have Viewed Your Profile
Posted: 3/22/2010 9:27:35 PM
Now the top random row is again below the ads and the title.
 johnlvs2run

Users That Have Viewed Your Profile
Posted: 3/22/2010 8:58:39 PM
Yes, the top row came down below the ads and the title,
and now is back up at the top, above the title of the bottom 4 rows.

Show ALL Forums