Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: POF Paid 'upgrade'
 spunkypector
Msg: 5 (view)

POF Paid 'upgrade'
Posted: 3/6/2009 7:40:37 AM

Besides, everyone has a different defintion of what "serious" means when friendship/dating/relationship seeking.
We're all "serious" when the right situation/person comes along. ;)

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly
Also if someone is only out to get laid & not actually find someone they'd be happy with for a relationship...why wouldn't they pay?

If this actually happens, & those of us who've been here FOREVER ...my question will be "are we viewed as not serious if we don't pay?" hmmm
I certainly wouldn't pay for something that hasn't been working for over 3 years, so why would I pay to make someone else think I'm serious? There are many who are not what they claim to be as it is, so seriously does the big guy truly believe this will help clear out the rifraf? Not gonna happen... you'll just end up with another breed of rifraf.
Much as it's nice to view people who're in the same boat ~ when it really comes down to it...face to face is the only way to know if any relationship will work.
Enjoy your day Y'all
Keep Smilin`
 spunkypector
Msg: 2 (view)

Ice ..... Ice ...... Baby ........
Posted: 2/10/2009 7:38:52 AM
I've been thinking of driving the Zamboni home instead of the car.
 spunkypector
Msg: 9 (view)

Tips for Buying a New Car ......
Posted: 1/21/2009 7:30:26 AM
Slow & Steady wins the race...is the first thing that came to mind, better to never make hasty choices when that kind of $$$ R involved.
 spunkypector

Obama Plans First Trip as President to Canada .....
Posted: 1/11/2009 9:41:37 AM
Among many other things he wants... don't even doubt this for a second. However it is a good thing, perhaps he wants to learn how to over tax the people of his country too.
 spunkypector
Msg: 4 (view)

Salisbury House on the Bridge Closing for Winter
Posted: 12/31/2008 10:43:13 AM
common sense seems to have been not used...once again
Let's hope they make better decisions in the following years... scratch that ... exit stage left
Happy New Year

if they built a set of steps it'd be a cool Mil a step, but it's a good idea
 spunkypector

name change
Posted: 12/28/2008 2:02:55 PM
yes indeed they certainly sounds like they fit
 spunkypector
Msg: 10 (view)

Coalition government?
Posted: 12/3/2008 4:22:07 AM
Some one said something about treason.... Wtf? If we as the people who voted in this last $30 mil election fiasco ( which is little different than before ) don't speak up about this, what will we leave ourselves open for in the future? ( Oh we need this or that ~ best raise the taxes some more)
I say it's all a freakin` joke... in reality confidence in any government body is not good (present day) making up a coalition is pure crap and not what the people of Canada voted on...they should be arrested for Treason !
So sorry Mr Harper wants to remove the millions you receive for votes but why are you getting that money anyway? Do we, as normal everyday Canadians, receive an extra 6 digit's because someone believes the stuff coming out of our mouths? (coincidentally that changes to fit the occasion) We all know the answer...but this is not the point...we are being screwed and seems to me like no one is willing to do anything about it. Seems to me like this coalition are simply looking for a way to become Boss & to shove more taxes up our azzes, weather we wants it or not...not much wonder some people drink...
Who knows what will happen but removing a government who have been duly elected is just wrong, and altho not the perfect person for PM ~ far better than any or all three of the other clowns put together.
This is only my 2 cents...
Have a great , happy~ healthy~ day
 spunkypector
Msg: 74 (view)

If you see Separated...
Posted: 8/14/2008 10:50:00 AM
^^^ exactly gimligirl...why do folks seem to alway presume things without asking questions.
As well many who state something in their profile that is not true will eventually find that what they so deeply desire may simply slip thru their fingers by not being truthful

... ...
 spunkypector

real curious as to what the hang up on weed is with some peeps
Posted: 8/4/2008 4:27:05 PM
It's really funny how some folks react
Believe it or not it does NOT lead to other drugs...call people who smoke it...pot heads or whatever you wish...Life is too short to be wound up like a piano string...barking at whatever doesn't go with what you want. Mellow it's all good, not to likely to hear of a pot head chopping someones freakin` head off on a Greyhound bus.
Obviously OP, some people will not be into what you are...so...move on, life is full of things that don't agree with what others think is proper...I'd much rather smoke a fatty than drink my face off. Less adverse effects & much more mellow viewpoints on life.
Different strokes for different folks...Breathe deep...in with the good out with the bad.
Be happy Life is to short to not be happy so you go ...don't worry about what others think cause then you're living a life preordained by someone else.
 spunkypector
Msg: 8 (view)

where are all the youngens?
Posted: 6/27/2008 8:50:32 PM
I feel chronically mature.. oh no is that a sign I should be watching for?
 spunkypector
Msg: 3 (view)

where are all the youngens?
Posted: 6/27/2008 4:45:05 PM
Most likely because... only a few in the under 30 group have a broader view of life, or they're out partying or working their butts off ... who knows ...+ with age ~ some get wisdom & some don't ~ altho they wanna think they do
nice to see you in here though, come back some time, as at times ~ there are some very funny things being said by some very intelligent people. Can't forget about the wealth of opinions & experiences of other people, completely invaluable.
Listen & learn....you''d be amazed at the knowledge you can attain.

spunkypector
Msg: 11 (view)

Do It Yourself ... ?
Posted: 5/9/2008 3:56:03 PM
you may want to pick up a package of johnny bolts as well (those are the bolts that hold it to the floor}. It does sound like it's all under control tho...so it's all good...have fun & yes I'd have your Boy do it.completely supervised of course
 spunkypector

Does LOVE exist...or do we just want it to so bad?
Posted: 5/6/2008 8:29:55 AM
Well...I think you may have a point there, as I have the same feelings as well. Seem tho that if we search to hard we become sort of our own worst enemy. Ironically if we sit back & make ourselves happy then that seemingly elusive miracle can happen. (ya ya I know how can we be happy with ourselves if we're alone?)
I'm still a firm believer in fate & once all our Ducks are in a row it'll happen...take our good friends Dan & Sessie..."prime Example" they'll be celebrating their 1st Anniversary really soon"
Breathe deep Gypsy ...life will be what you make of it...try to hard things seem to distance themselves...let it flow & what you have coming will indeed come along. Strange how it all works isn't it, life is way to freakin short to be worried about the things we don't have, instead focus on the things we have & how to make the best of those things.
In answer to the question....Yes I think it does

spunkypector

Issue's
Posted: 4/27/2008 6:10:20 PM
what hair?

Oh yea ...sorry my bad...I pull what little I have left out with 5 kids not listening at the same time

Isn't it all relative to the reactions?
Keep smilin` fishies
 spunkypector
Msg: 80 (view)

Manitoba is it worth staying
Posted: 4/15/2008 9:15:33 AM
Many people think their way of thought is the only way anyone should think...hmmm

Unfortunate but oh so true, personally I like what someone said ...along the lines of inner happiness & how it plays on how we perceive our surroundings.
It's really a shame that people have to nit pik wtf? Why can't we all simply comment on the OP's question as opposed to bashing those who are unhappy living here.

If push comes to shove & I had a chance to leave here .... cya I have no family here, (just the kids & I).
However I can not, so as always I must make do with what I have, who really gives a crap who gets what from whom or how, isn't it more important to live life as it's thrown at you instead of trying to pass the buck. So much negativity in the way some folks perceive things. What I don't get is how people focus on trying to drag others down because they've had a rough time...we all have .
People give your heads a shake , life is exactly what you make of it & if all you can do is focus on the bad then please keep it to yourselves, simply because if you live in a world of negative that's what you will get.

Have a nice day & keep smilin`
 spunkypector
Msg: 27 (view)

Infidelity and idiots
Posted: 3/26/2008 1:44:44 PM
realizing they aren't getting any younger themselves and could be at home with a beer gut and a balding head.

Hey wtf?

Shit happens...guess we just have to be comfortable with ourselves & hope the (what feels like) never ending respect & love is strong enough to keep both parties tuned to each other
 spunkypector

Happy Easter POF'ers ....... !
Posted: 3/23/2008 7:02:55 AM
I, as well, would like to wish y'all a wonderful Easter.
Easter Bunny just left his treasures on my table...stating he's too pooped to hide em`. (isn't that like "pass the buck?")
Easter ham is still in the fridge kids wont be home til 6 so wtf? maybe I will make it for tomorrow after the kids are done school.
 spunkypector
Msg: 6 (view)

Winnipeg Fishies-Time to say goodbye
Posted: 3/14/2008 8:13:33 AM
Isn't it a wonderful feeling to have your heart filled with joy?
I'm very happy for you & wish you both all the luck in the world...much as we've all enjoyed your posts here...honestly I hope we don't see you again (please don't take that the wrong way, as it means you're happy & back into the groove)

Have an awesome life
 spunkypector

Baseball Caps & That First Impression
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:18:19 PM
funny thing is ...some of us need to protect our heads...

now if it were at a fancy place...a fancy cap would do

Really Sue wtf? each of us have our strong points & our weak points...guess it's a matter of weeding thru it all & seeing if it the positives outweigh the negatives. A baseball cap doesn't make the person or break them
 spunkypector

Whats your Take on Big ??
Posted: 3/6/2008 5:45:15 AM
Are you talking about the Wizard of Oz type on the wicked witch of the west? cause I really will have to question the way ur mind works
 spunkypector

teen killed by pellet gun; why this response?
Posted: 3/5/2008 10:01:00 AM
Truly a shame what has become of our youth

Guess somethings gonna have to happen before it gets better, makes me so glad I live in the country.
Now there are bad kids here too ~ without a doubt ! however it seems I can have more interaction with my kids here cause it's just us 3 and outside influences are far & few .

It really makes my head hurt to think parents can state it's the person violated...fault...wtf?
Now that is completely f u c k e d up, again it's a shame there are so many parents who let their kids run AMUK, stating they are only kids...well monkey see monkey do...
I agree with Simply Single make em be accountable for their actions, unfortunately the school of hard knocks is the only way some folks learn...it's how I learned my lessons.

EdJoe ~ (2 down)I couldn't agree with you more...to many selfish people putting themselves before the ones who really matter,
Hey folks our children are our future...raise em wrong & it'll be something you'll regret for the rest of your life. Yes sometimes s h i t happens ~ but other than that....
 spunkypector

words that drive ya nuts
Posted: 2/28/2008 6:54:06 PM
When somebody says "trust me"

You keep going MKD...
 spunkypector

How long should you wait before sex?
Posted: 2/27/2008 8:41:13 AM
I would have to agree with both posts above ^^^
There have been many posts on this subject and although it seems many state they want a lasting relationship...unfortunately many people lie too & in reality they're only after that piece of tail, To many think with the wrong head.
Like the young lady above me said, it's kind of a game (shame but true).

Now we're all adults here and sex is a very important part of what we all want...there's no denying it...guess it's a matter of when you feel comfortable & want to actually move to that step . If you are not ready or have bad feelings then simply don't...that's easier said than done sometimes too.
In essence you control your own desires & what signals you send out so....
 spunkypector
Msg: 23 (view)

turning 50 and looking hotter then ever....
Posted: 2/24/2008 7:54:50 AM
Hope you're day is as good as it can be....
Happy Birthday P P & may many more to come.

spunkypector
Msg: 6 (view)

Why do woman and men play head games?
Posted: 1/29/2008 7:57:28 AM
Very well said Sue ^^^^^

The controlling factor has alot to do with it as well~ since it seems many either need to or want to be controlled, then there are some who are trying to run away from what they were in previously & afraid to get involved again because of it ( damaged goods , so to speak).

That's me I guess...and when my kids come into play I'd kinda rather let things happen naturally so as to not let them get hurt any further. To many people who are out there only for themselves.

keep smiling...it will get better....
 spunkypector

Quiet kid being bullied.
Posted: 1/26/2008 8:20:53 AM
I'm sorry to hear this is happening...unfortunately P.P. is correct & short of rolling thru with tanks & commandos I can't see any way other than moving.
Watching the 6 pm new in Ft Lauderdale a few years back, they stated in all of North America ~ Wpg had & still has the highest gang crime rate. Hell y'all they do gang task force training here so what does that tell ya. When my now ex pleaded & begged to come back to MB, I was very confused & finally caved in for the sake of our marriage but refused to move back to Winnipeg( hind site is 20/20 ), so here my kids & I are stuck in the country, but I'd rather be here than in the city just because of this exact reason. Our kids are our future & their upbringing is of utmost importance, so what to do.
We all should know by now that changing people from what they are to what they should be is no easy task , but something most definitely has to be done . Can this lady or the poor young boy make the changes? Not even a remote chance of it so what's the next best thing...get outta dodge...
Hope this situation will get better as I have a child who has been completely bullied and as a result I've had to pull him from the environment & gone the home schooling route. For now it seems to have rectified the situation but as all things that take time & patience it is something that'll happen again, just have to keep an eye on what happens.
Good luck & keep it positve
 spunkypector
Msg: 43 (view)

Home reno advice .... ask the pro ?
Posted: 1/24/2008 7:21:30 PM
only one thing that'll thaw in these bloody temps...

I believe this may be the 1st full winter they've spent out here.
guess they will just wait til the deep freeze disappears

by the way is it gonna be summer soon?
 spunkypector
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2008 12:19:02 PM
...viable from the loft would certainly mean from inside ...

As far as the floor & roof lumber I honestly have no clue as far as seeing if the floor moved while the kids were upstairs...I dunno, but I could ask my kids , lol. Haven't been there for awhile.
They have plans to redo the roof & if I have anything to do with it then it'll be completely up to code. Problem is, folks in this part, want to find workers who'll do the job at cut rates & tradesmen who don't care, then you get the buy beware syndrome.

I'm quite sure their roof/ceiling is gonna get much worse before it gets better, & I wish then all the best in this endeavor.
What I was hoping for was a temp fix until the warmer weather comes @ which time I'll inform them and they can do what they choose.
If I put a few pieces of strapping & create a 1" space with plastic & tuck tape, do you think it'll relieve some of the pressure & help melt the ice? or if they wanna go with the expense we'll do the styrofoam...which while I'm thinking could be used again when the new roof goes up.
Thanks for your help ...
Keep smilin`

spunkypector
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2008 7:49:11 AM
OK so now that we've cleared all the BS out of the way...I have a question that I'm hoping will be answered...
A friend of mine up here has a house that had the attic changed into a loft ( so the roof is right there)
They have a huge horror frost thingy happening...like tons of ice visible from the loft.
Now in normal circumstances with a normal attic clearing out the gable vents can clear up the prob... what to do? They are planing on building a whole new roof in the spring/summer, til then we're lookin for a cure...please ....
 spunkypector

Disneyworld Travelling tips
Posted: 1/23/2008 5:21:21 AM
It's a small world is the actual name I think.
Country Bear Jamboree has always been one of my Favorites.
All in all you & your kids will have a blast ~ even thru the hectic times .

Have a wonderful time...
 spunkypector
Msg: 37 (view)

hypothetical situation
Posted: 1/18/2008 11:44:37 AM
hypothetically speaking it's a sad state of affairs when things like this happen

ryn...w0w you got inside my head with that ...yes there is so much more to a marriage that making it work should be the main focus not running away cause the grass is greener on the other side. We all know ' it ain't so' once they arrive to the other side.

I dunno but I find it amazing how folks can enjoy seeing the misery of others, shame what seems to to be going on here (could all just be a game too) again sad state of affairs.

I like what FGD quoted..treating all things in stride instead of letting any thing blow up...very good life advice.

Keep it in ur pants if you're with kids cause they're the ones who lose if you don't. That unfortunately doesn't work if the only person who's important in your life... is yourself.
Kinda like winning the battle only to lose the war.
 spunkypector
Msg: 7 (view)

How do you really know ?
Posted: 1/14/2008 8:57:51 AM
If someone falls in love with you with out meeting you (not just once ~ but a # of times)...well do like Ed says...
Been there done that, not gonna do it again. A healthy relationship has to start somewhere but it takes time & patience.
Many good things have been said in this thread but taking shots at folks certainly isn't gonna do anyone any good.
I agree with the common conception that love takes time to build & any thing other is lust.
A healthy sex life is important, and so freakin what if people are on different sites, in the end we're all looking for the same thing & it's a lasting relationship. ( wait ~ my bad...I'm quite sure there are many folks on this & other sites who are only out to get laid) Guess it's simply a matter of picking the weeds to get what you want.

Keep it positive & eventually what you want will come your way.
 spunkypector
Msg: 12 (view)

~Happy New Years~
Posted: 1/1/2008 8:57:49 AM

Happy New Year
2008 will be an awesome year & may Health & Prosperity fill each & everyone of y'all.
 spunkypector

How long does it take to have a healthy relationship with the X?
Posted: 12/23/2007 6:53:16 AM
w0w....lots of really good advice here, for sure.

I have to agree with 40andwiser to a certain degree and I'm guessing by the scale I saw I've got another 3+years before I'm completely healed

In as far as the original question...although you want him to attend ' For the Sake of the Children' please keep this in mind...

Although there are many very good tips on how to make this traumatic time (separation), for our own children much less stressful, if the person taking the seminar is unmoved in their own views by what they are shown, and continue to use the children to cause hurt~then....WTF?
Honestly if you take care of yourself & keep a positive attitude, life will go on.
Kinda like making the best of what you have, unfortunately there is f u c k all any of us can do about others actions it's our reactions that we control.

Best of luck ~ it will get better.
 spunkypector
Msg: 13 (view)

Oct 07 Shooting At The Empire Club
Posted: 10/23/2007 8:19:29 AM
Seems to me I heard on the news...that the club"Empire" has a metal detector but were unsure if it was working at the time. SO go figure

So what ya gonna do? Scary world we live in don't ya think...& unfortunately none of us knows how or what make people's minds work or what causes them to think it's ok to go f u c k u p someone else cause they said or did something wrong (unknowingly).
Makes me quite happy to not be living in such a freakin` rat race. Gotta love the country life

We all know there are many people that are the "salt of the earth" & wish that all could be cool calm & collected...however it just aint so

Schools allover the place now have metal detectors & I fully support this, as I do for clubs. Why not have a bit of a safe feeling knowing some clown's not gonna come up & stab or shoot you cause of some stupid misunderstanding.
To many people think their s h i t doesn't stink and anyone they come in contact with should follow their way of thinking or die seems to be the norm & well

Keeping a vigil eye out and watching what you do or say has seemed to keep me alive so maybe we should all learn to love & not hate...no matter what the circumstances. If you don't like it simply walk away...
Keep smilin` y'all
 spunkypector

Man borrows table saw, saws off fingers and sues ...... !?
Posted: 10/17/2007 6:54:29 AM
^^^^ & then some...
 spunkypector

1967 vs 2007
Posted: 9/26/2007 4:51:40 PM
as per usual you are right on top of this...

Unfortunate as it is it's so true
 spunkypector

Seeking Recommendations,
Posted: 9/26/2007 6:49:37 AM
I know of an awesome mechanic in Selkirk & he's the best I've found but who knows if that's out of your way just ask I will give you his number
 spunkypector
Msg: 7 (view)

learning from the forum posters
Posted: 8/26/2007 6:14:11 AM
We each form our own opinions about everything we have a passion for & even some we don't. Of course some folks have a stronger sense of how to express themselves & like the person above say many are simply full of s h i t , but basically I would have to agree that there are many things we can learn from those who post on these forums...watch & you can see contradictions in what is written... then you know something about that person
 spunkypector
Msg: 8 (view)

men and saying the L word
Posted: 8/10/2007 8:31:14 PM
Unfortunately there are many people who say things to simply get the things they want...& then poof they're gone...surprise... surprise.
Hard to tell who's truthful & who's not , guess it's an art that some of us have not quite yet mastered
 spunkypector
Msg: 27 (view)

What shakes you up and makes you crazy??
Posted: 8/8/2007 5:14:13 PM
^^^^ me thinks you may have a phobia having to do with smokers...Hmmmm

It's all good tho...don't ya know... to each their own
Be happy y'all
 spunkypector
Msg: 20 (view)

What shakes you up and makes you crazy??
Posted: 8/8/2007 8:03:11 AM
Seriously tho ..this ? could be construed as a loaded one...

I'd have to say what drives me nuts are 2 major things
#1 ~ lack of common sense
#2 ~ Negativity

Have a nice day y'all
 spunkypector
Msg: 24 (view)

Travel
Posted: 7/15/2007 1:03:58 AM
I was gonna say Italy as it has definitely many favorites of mine, & on the subject of Italy~ the town where Juliet was from we had an awesome pesto (Mmmm love the food) What however was the most memorable thing was when my (now ex)wife went to go use the toilet...the look on her face was comical ...the toilet was flush with the floor. Apperantly what is required is the ole` Squat & go toilet paper on the wall and a flusher unit. Seriously i know i have a picture somewhere

however on a more serious note I would have to say sitting in a resort @ Duck Key swimming with dolphins in the warm Atlantic Ocean still tops most places I've been .
 spunkypector

Live Music @ the Beach
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:24:08 AM
So here we are up at the beach.....

Does no one except for this lovely lady above like Jazz in a park setting? Hmmmm
It is going to be fun and once again I really do hope to meet some folks that are brave enough to drive north for less than an hour.
Y'all might be surprised with some of the nice things we have up here in the boonies

spunkypector

Any Pink Floyd fans?
Posted: 6/27/2007 5:54:41 PM
I love the song "Comfortably Numb" it's just so fitting for me...

I wish there was a way I could be going... but oh well , what ya gonna do?
Hope all who are going enjoy themselves immensely.
 spunkypector
Msg: 1 (view)

Live Music @ the Beach
Posted: 6/21/2007 5:03:10 AM
Hello Y'all...seeing as we have now moved into the warmer time of the year many outdoor activities are happening.
On 07/07/07, which is a remarkable day all in it self, once again the outdoor stage in Wpg Bch will have Wally Larson on stage.
Coincidentally he has requested that I { your one & only SpunkyPector} run the controls for making his band sound great. & yes I've done it professionally for many years.
I would like to invite as many folks as possible out to this wondrous event, it's a great setting & only less than an hour north of the city.
It would be awesome to see many of you out for this event, outdoors during the early evening & it is a family setting so bring ur youngins.
woohoo....
 spunkypector

What made you happy today?
Posted: 6/10/2007 8:06:36 AM
Having my morning coffee that my son made for me & getting good morning hugs & kisses from both my kids, even tho it was at 6:42 on this Sunday AM.

Hope all y'all fishies have an awesome day
 spunkypector

free golf tommorrow
Posted: 6/8/2007 6:09:15 PM
who can pass up an offer like that

Wouldn't happen to include transportation & a babysitter too, would it?
 spunkypector

what are you opinions of peoples looks?
Posted: 6/8/2007 7:32:17 AM
Hmmm I guess the only thing I can add to this is that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

When it's time many sparks will fly & all parties involved will know.
Different strokes for different folks.

Happy
 spunkypector
Msg: 16 (view)

Where is the best place to meet a woman
Posted: 6/8/2007 5:21:37 AM
Hey Little Pheonix...did you say something about my goose...hell girl I've been lookin' all over... up here for her ..ya know the Gimli Goose...

o t... Well bud not quite sure what top say to you about finding an appropriate lady..The get togethers are great even if you don't drink...

honestly sitting back & waiting for it to happen without any effort simply aint gonna happen...believe me, I know, been on here quite some time myself.

Everything happens for a reason and when the time is right you'll meat a nice lady who'll blow ur mind ( & who knows what else)

Keep a positive mindset there dude eventually things will pan out and you'll be whistling Dixie again, good advice has been thrown out just pay attention and get out to the forks...

Good luck

Show ALL Forums