Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would you take back a cheater?
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 57 (view)

Would you take back a cheater?
Posted: 2/24/2010 3:21:24 PM
Never, ever would I take back someone who had such little respect for me that he would cheat on me. I can not think of one excuse that would convince me otherwise.
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 19 (view)

a little confused
Posted: 2/22/2010 3:09:42 PM
I am calling BS on your story OP. Too many things just don't add up, including your profile which was started in December??
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 57 (view)

Will there be snow for the Olympics?
Posted: 2/10/2010 12:29:50 PM

Maybe this will get rid of the Canadian stereotype? You know, the one- we all live in igloos and drive dogsleds

Yes, I agree with the above. I was chatting online with someone from SE USA and I told her I was from Vancouver and her reply was.. brrrr.. guess it is cold there?? I had to explain to her about Cypress mountain and our bad luck this year. Too funny
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 56 (view)

Revealing one's income
Posted: 2/10/2010 12:26:50 PM
As I have said before, I refuse to give out personal information (such as income) and I really have a hard time with the fact that this information is REQUIRED if you want to join or update our profiles. I obliged and put in an income, but I change it on a daily basis, lol.
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 91 (view)

what i got in my mail today
Posted: 2/4/2010 4:56:47 PM
You know the oly mascot stonehedge rock guy? Oly mascot tour was at school yesterday going class to class for questions and answers for the kids. XXXX's (name removed) question to rock guy "are you a boy or a girl?" Answer ..BOY to which XXXX replies...." Well then where do you pee from because you have no weiner"......needless to say I had to wait after school for weiner boy because he got a 10 minute detention. He pleaded with me NOT to tell MOM cause she will get mad for saying "weiner, it is penis, not weiner."

True story! Came this morning from one of my friends .. We both decided he was a bit confused as to why he had a detention
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 9 (view)

Weekly matches
Posted: 2/2/2010 10:55:20 AM
Yes, I did check my email address and it is still the same. I still get notifications of people adding me as friends, etc.

I am very grateful not to receive the weekly updates and password reminder. I still wonder if it is because my status is now "living together" and I am perhaps not classified (thankfully, lol) as on the market.
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 7 (view)

Weekly matches
Posted: 2/2/2010 9:50:56 AM
Nope, that is the way it has always been for all users.

do you mean that all users have NOT been notified of their weekly matches and passwords for the last few months?? I believe you are wrong, or you did not read my post correctly.
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 5 (view)

Weekly matches
Posted: 2/1/2010 11:26:37 AM
I am not sure what happened or why, but for the last few months I have not been notified of my weekly matches and my password. ummm.. wonder why. Could it have something to do with my "status"?

I agree with you all, I disliked having my password emailed to me every week. Another dumb ass idea, IMO
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 16 (view)

New feature for January 2010 Send a Gift Now
Posted: 1/31/2010 2:17:11 AM

Yuck... as someone who (with disgust) received a ridiculous pair of panties on their profile page... I'm NOT amused...

I totally agree with your disgust. I think you should have the option to remove this gift from your profile or if it is something you are proud of, you should have the option to show it off for as long as you like.

What is Marcus thinking??? is he getting off on the kinky nature of these gifts??? I think he should re think his new "ingenious addition" to the site. I think he could focus on things that are more important. He has come up with some very dumb ass ideas in the past and has decided to remove them from the site... I sure hope this is one of the ideas he decides to remove. It really is one of his most dumb ass ideas he has had recently.
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 10 (view)

Don't tell me what to wear!@#$
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:18:53 AM

Gauging the degree of resentment over such insignificant matter in the negative comments above I am not surprised you are single

INSIGNIFICANT MATTER??? surely you jest! Are you still single? lol

A few years ago I was asked on a first date by a guy I had been chatting with online as well as on the phone. I thought I knew him pretty well. When he called me the morning of the date just to confirm the details, he asked me to wear high heals and black stockings. My thought was "Is this going to made a difference in how well we will get along and if WE feel like going on a second date?"

I went on to explain to him that I could not wear heals, as I had recently had a knee surgery and was much more comfortable in flat heels for the time being. Also, I am very uncomfortable in stockings as it makes my feet swell. (geesh, it happens!!!)

So, after a few minutes of chatting he announces that he just remembered that he had promised to take his daughter to a movie and could we take a rain check? I never heard from him again.

That being said, if there is a special reason that I needed to dress up (eg, if he was surprising me and we were going to an opera or somewhere else where it is mandatory to dress formally) that would be a different story. But he better tell me that I need to dress up because we are going somewhere special!
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 8 (view)

New feature for January 2010 Send a Gift Now
Posted: 1/9/2010 9:43:17 AM
There is no way I would pay money for "goldfish" points. What a silly idea. It reminds me of another "brilliant" idea a few years ago where you could buy REAL flowers and have them delivered to a persons home. That turned out to be a rip off, and certainly did not last long.

Also, for the life of me, I can not understand why Admin would want to have this gift shown on a persons profile?? What will he have up his sleeve next, I wonder?
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 14 (view)

Drugs in profile
Posted: 1/6/2010 2:00:09 PM
I think the question should be taken off the profile. Some people will lie anyways (just like they do for drinking "socially"???) and others who just smoke a joint once in a blue moon may choose "yes" and will be missed in someone's search that does not care if the pot smoking is just occasional.
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 18 (view)

Weird things you have had stolen from you
Posted: 1/3/2010 7:33:31 PM
and to get this thread back on topic as it seems to happen often, has turned into some sort of sex thread.

I had an old rusty bike with a flat tire, and one good tire that was stolen right out of my shed. Now, the person would have had to come into my yard to get to the shed. I had a power washer, lawn mower and various garden tools, etc in the shed but all that was missing was my rusty old bike. A bit strange I thought, lol
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 17 (view)

Happy New Year Everyone!
Posted: 12/31/2009 11:56:15 AM
A very Happy and Safe New Year to you all!

Especially Jane & X who will have lots and lots of time on their hands now.. what ever will they do with their idle time??
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 11 (view)

if you saw a car accident?
Posted: 12/30/2009 4:30:45 PM
^^^^ was that really necessary???? I found your comment to be a bit rude! Did it ever occur to you that perhaps what F&S was saying she would do may be part of the job that she does? I did not find her comment to be bragging, she was just saying what SHE would do, and after all, that was the question was it not? Did dad also say.... if you can't find something nice to say....... ............ ......... ????

ironbutterflies
Msg: 8 (view)

What are the safest birth control options that won't cause weight-gain?
Posted: 12/30/2009 2:09:29 PM
to FL CO

Its not too bad if you're actually looking for a relationship and not just to get laid

absolutely, that was the point of my comment.
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 11 (view)

Baby Mama Drama.......
Posted: 12/30/2009 1:51:50 PM
In my opinion, you should fight for visitation first. You need to think positive, as it seems like you have given up before you even tried.

Edit: you are the OP - original poster

ironbutterflies

What are the safest birth control options that won't cause weight-gain?
Posted: 12/29/2009 3:09:23 PM
^^^ how about you try not being sexually active for about 6 months and let us know how it is workin' for you
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 20 (view)

New Years Eve ... Where do the Singles go?
Posted: 12/28/2009 10:36:02 AM
Sometimes I like to purchase tickets to a local POF event, but this year we have decided to have a nice family dinner which will include family from my side and his side. It should be fun to play games, stay up until midnight and bang pots and pans with the younger children. Happy New Year everyone!
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 17 (view)

Most Wonderful Christmas Memories?
Posted: 12/24/2009 11:05:41 AM
* The wonderful smell of fresh pine
* Snow on Christmas Eve
* The smell of turkey all day long

* First Christmas without my ex
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 86 (view)

H1N1 vaccine. Are you getting a shot?
Posted: 12/24/2009 11:02:05 AM

I am not personally rushing into getting the vaccine --- still. It was rushed. Maybe it is not good for people like me with over efficient immune systems, who are predisposed to autoimmune diseases and have at least one autoimmune disease.

Glad you changed your mind, I think we could have serious health issues if alot of people decided not to get the vaccine.

ironbutterflies
Msg: 24 (view)

Scratch-n-sniff Squire
Posted: 12/23/2009 10:35:30 AM

Yes, Tony and "Charlie" will be missed.

Please correct me if I am wrong (which I am sure you will do BE, just joking) but I thought Charlie died a few years ago and Tony got another dog. OR did he call the new dog Charlie as well?

I enjoy the playful bantering between Squire and who ever is the anchor. I think Squire is a good sport and can shovel it out as well as he can take it, which to me is a rarity.
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 2 (view)

Follow-up to Powell River - McKinney's Pub Dance, November 28, 2009
Posted: 11/30/2009 4:06:53 PM
Congrats on another successful event even though the numbers were not as high as last time! Very unfortunate about the ferry scheduling, but luckily you posted with plenty of time for people to alter their plans. Much luck for your first event in 2010!
 ironbutterflies
Msg: 39 (view)

Hairdownthere
Posted: 11/21/2009 11:00:00 PM
Too many going down (in the "bush"?) and getting lost, never to be seen again.

oh my gosh .... never to be seen again?? that is scary! lol.... but I would find it facinating if my partner would get lost down there .. lol Actually I prefer to be shaved so it is a nice & smoothe, soft landing pad..

At least if he was missing for a few minutes in the night I would know where to start the search... lol
 wonderful~world
Msg: 127 (view)

Best tv show...ever
Posted: 11/17/2009 1:49:16 PM

the oc is good as well :)

My most favorite show EVER! Last year I plunked myself in front of the TV every Sunday from 4 - 6 PM - they ran 2 episodes. One Sunday about 3 months ago I sat down and The O.C. was not on! It has not been on since and it was not even the end of the series. That sucks! I did find it online, and watched the next 2 1/2 seasons.

It was kinda neat, as I could watch 1 or 2 episodes every evening (without commercials) so it was only 42 minutes.

My second favorite was Judging Amy, and that vanished suddenly as well.

Another few favs are Jon & Kate plus 8, Little People - Big World and the Housewives of Atlanta, New Jersey, New York and Orange County.
 wonderful~world
Msg: 114 (view)

POF Lessons
Posted: 11/11/2009 8:35:46 PM
I have found alot of people on POF to be genuine. (not everyone though) but some of my favorites even open up their homes for a pot luck for out of town people who come to an event. I have faith in my fellow POF'ers.. that is my POF lesson.
 wonderful~world

What Is A Beast?
Posted: 11/11/2009 8:32:17 PM
I got a head ache trying to desipher your gibberish.. Sorry! Did you actually write this or was it cut and paste???

Peace!
 wonderful~world
Msg: 6 (view)

Women: Alcohol and Breast Cancer
Posted: 11/7/2009 10:11:58 PM
I think its called "damned if you do or damned if you don't" I think we have to do things in moderation and keep ourselves informed..

EG.. I think I would die if I could not have my glass of wine before bed, so what the heck??? moderation, moderation, moderation!

Nite all
 wonderful~world

Your Definition of Intimacy
Posted: 11/7/2009 8:45:51 PM
In my opinion INTIMACY is not about the sexual act itself. After all, sex is just sex. To me intimacy is him holding my hand while we are walking, rubbing my leg under the table during dinner & having a heart to heart conversation with both parties listening before they speak up. Intimacy to me is snuggling by the fire,watching a movie & eating popcorn with a glass of wine. Intimacy is being able to connect verbally with my partner. Intimacy to me is also making love after flirting etc all afternoon before actually going to bed and making love.

I am sure this is not every one's interpretation, but it is mine!

..... speaking of which............ nite all............ lol :)
 wonderful~world
Msg: 10 (view)

H1N1 vaccine. Are you getting a shot?
Posted: 10/30/2009 9:57:16 AM

I find that flu symptoms are no worse than food allergies for me, and would rather just get sick from the flu if by chance it happens.

This is not just the "regular" flu. It knocks you on your azz for at least a week. I always say no when my Dr. offers me the yearly flu shot, but for H1N1 I am going to say yes. FOR ME, I think it would be wise. Although, I know some people feel they do not need it, and that is their choice.
 wonderful~world

Just Friends? Or Confused
Posted: 10/29/2009 12:35:36 PM
Confused what he wants from you??? I think it is very clear! He texts you and tells you what he wants to do to you???? I think you need to read your post again and pretend you are reading some one elses post, then see what your opinion would be.

I think you need to grow up and act like a 27 year old, not a giggling teenager who is texting all the time.

Oh geesh, btw, your thread was the longest sentence I have ever read!
 wonderful~world

Trying to find someone with no fixed address.
Posted: 10/23/2009 11:55:39 AM
I agree, BE, you got some great advice. Kudos to you for being relentless in your search, despite hitting block walls at times. The world would be a better place with more people like you who are willing to take some time and get involved.
 wonderful~world
Msg: 4 (view)

Bus driver caught playing sudoku while driving
Posted: 10/21/2009 4:28:45 PM
Ty for getting the topic back on track F&S.

That was a very dangerous thing for him to do and I think he should be relieved of his duties, without pay! Makes me shudder to think of what a terrible accident this might have caused. I also wonder how many other times he has done this and it has not been reported.????
 wonderful~world
Msg: 32 (view)

a young beautiful wife with a much older husband
Posted: 10/21/2009 3:49:54 PM
Hate to say it but I am calling "B S" on this story. what a load of ....*@$#$
 wonderful~world

Things That Make You Go Ewww
Posted: 10/21/2009 3:27:18 PM

Anyone know what would possess a dog to eat poop?

^^not sure how accurate this is, but I heard that if a dog is getting his meals from the kitty box or eating his own or another dogs' poop, that they are lacking protein in their diets. Sorta makes sense.

Things that make me go ewww: strangely enough I have dealt with dog poop, vomit and all other gross things that dogs will do but the thing that makes me gag is the white crud that comes out of their eyes.. and when it gets a bit of a crunch on it >>> ewww
 wonderful~world
Msg: 70 (view)

Are men shallow or just cold hearted?
Posted: 9/30/2009 3:21:48 PM
none of the above. I think some human beings can be shallow AND cold hearted, but it is not just MEN!
 wonderful~world
Msg: 27 (view)

Am I a cougar?
Posted: 9/29/2009 7:43:58 AM
note to self.. do NOT air that you think you look younger than your age. you just might get your feelings hurt.

Then you need glasses, because you most definitely do.

^^ I agree, especially when you put up 5 year old pics and I thought you were 48 in those.

wonderful~world
Msg: 21 (view)

The ex still has a key and sits in the house
Posted: 9/28/2009 4:18:46 PM
This might seem like a silly question OP, but if you are in love with this gal and are jealous about her X having a key, why are you on a dating site looking for a long term relationship???? Ummmmm.. kettle..... meet ...... pot

ok, I know what you will say.... oh, this is an old profile and I just logged on to start this thread?? right? lol
 wonderful~world
Msg: 3 (view)

Am I a cougar?
Posted: 9/28/2009 1:51:27 PM
no, I don't believe that you are a cougar. But I DO think you DO look your age.... sorry hunny!
 wonderful~world

I can't change my username...
Posted: 9/26/2009 8:53:29 AM
do you think the user name you are trying to change to is already in use?
 wonderful~world

Encountering Spirits of Loved Ones
Posted: 9/24/2009 3:38:37 PM
My mom loved my grandma (her mother) very very dearly. She took care of grandma for many years before she passed away. Mom would tell me several times (at least once every 2 years or so) that she "had a little visit with grandma last night" She said it felt like a "real" visit and felt like she had been hugged.

Mom said she never felt like she was awake at the time, but on the other hand did not feel she was asleep either. She always felt happy after her visit, it was like Grandma telling mom that she was ok.

edit: beautiful story, Steno
 wonderful~world
Msg: 4 (view)

That's Just RUDE!!
Posted: 9/16/2009 10:19:03 PM
I agree with ^^^ .. I can look at your profile without you even knowing and decide that you are not really what I am looking for... so wtf is the problem??? Geesh, some men do love to whine!
 wonderful~world
Msg: 107 (view)

Morning SEX yes? no?
Posted: 9/16/2009 10:16:42 PM
please, correct me if I am wrong... LMAO.. of course you guys will..

Morning sex is great for the guy cause he will most likely wake up with a woody and will be looking for somewhere to stick it. I have had bad experience with morning sex as to me it felt more like he was forcing himself on me. I am a very poor sleeper and he knew that, and sometimes I would wake up with his hard on poking my back or even almost inside me b4 I even realized I was 1/2 awake. ( I had perhaps lay awake until after 3 am and he was frisky by 5 am) I talked to him numerous times about this and he still thought that it was his right, because he had such a huge hard on at 5:30 am, that I should be willing and happy to get poked at that time. This was not for me.

I have had an awesome partner as well, that wakes me up slowly, waits for me to be completely awake and then we start to make love... this is awesome. In this case morning sex is awesome... On the other hand, if a man wakes up with a huge hard on and expects me to be grateful every morning.... nope.. no way! It has to be mutual. Actually I think his quirk was the beginning of the end of our demise.

Don't mean to sound negative about morning sex, but it has to be mutual. I have woken up in the middle of the night and felt the urge, but would always go about it slowly and sensually. It is not just a poke!

In a nutshell, I love morning sex as long as it is presented to me in a positive and respectful manner..................
 wonderful~world
Msg: 19 (view)

funny answering machine messages you have used
Posted: 9/3/2009 3:44:10 PM

Did Xavery or her evil twin leave any messages after pressing 3, 4, 5, and 6?

hahaha good one! all the while denying any wrong doing and pressing #1
 wonderful~world
Msg: 13 (view)

Now THIS is a BAD first date
Posted: 8/31/2009 9:36:13 PM
ya.. I agree mo mo.. that is kinda funny and I am calling BS on this one.. I know that there are some naieve (forgive my spelling, PLEASE) but do not have time for spell check.. please just enjoy the content and resist the urge to correct my spelling... P A L EEZE! Thank you forum police.

Why would you give someone your keys??? You just met this fella. Even if you were not anything close to what your profile portrays, that is no reason to steal your car and leave you stranded.

I once met with a guy in Fort Langley.. Said he had brown hair (he was balled, .sorry BE, could not resist), said he was a non smoker, but lit up as soon as we sat down, and was at LEAST 20 years older than what his profile stated. Funny thing about this story is that had he been honest with me and sent me a recent picture and admitted to being a smoker, I may have seen him again.

But, because I am such a sweetie (lol) I sat through our smoke filled first visit and tried to enjoy my coffee. After an hour of this bull crap, I gracefully excused myself and did not answer any more of his emails. I should have told him the reason for me not wanting to meet him again, but I chose not to. So what??? I can not even remember this dude's name, nor even what he looks like... I just get on with life..

<div class='quote'> Day old Kraft dinner is yummy .......... yuppers the best meal ever, especially with fried up weiners or smokies...... Now I am hungry!!! lol Cheers!
 wonderful~world

Nudist Camp
Posted: 8/29/2009 7:00:57 PM
Although I do carry a few extra pounds on the hips and butt area, I would love to go to a nudist camp and "bare" it all. My brother is a photographer and was asked to do a session in a nudist colony. He said it was awesome, people were walking around as if they had clothes on and in his experience did not find anyone that was judgemental about people with "less than perfect" bodies.

I love to be naked and I have no problem being naked around people I trust not to judge me. I agree with the statement that it is not a sexual thing....... it is a freedom thing, in my opinion.

btw... when I am home alone I never wear clothes, I find them too confining...

Edit: "place myself in the position where i'm so traumatized" ... call me stupeed, but you were just kidding, right? what would be so traumitic about being around naked people? ... and before you guys bash me, I am asking a sincere question.
 wonderful~world

Changes to' Favorites ' Display ?
Posted: 8/25/2009 10:24:29 AM

I liked the last 5 post thingy if for the only reason I forget sometimes of where and what topics I've posted on. I've always found it good to go back and find out who is pissed at me.

L M A O.. I hear ya! I tend to forget where I posted what, so I found it a useful too as well, to go back to my most recent posts and see if there were any comments after my posts.

Sure would be nice to have a choice in some of these big decisions on POF. Ah well, as long as it stays free I guess I can't complain! Oh, yea I forgot, it is not 100% free anymore..
 wonderful~world

Powell River - McKinney's Pub Dance, October 10, 2009
Posted: 8/24/2009 9:04:09 PM
thank you BE for the warm welcome, and I truly hope I (maybe we,) can make it to your party. I heard last year was alot of fun and the fun started on the mainland... all the way to your party. Hope to see you at McKinney's.

Thank you, also for your best wishes for my mom, you are very kind.
 wonderful~world
Msg: 62 (view)

is romance dead?
Posted: 8/24/2009 9:00:46 PM
Hey DCT.. nice post and so happy to see your keyboard does not get stuck on certain characters... I really do enjoy your posts, but when your keyboard gets stuck it is hard to take them seriously.. Welcome Back!
 wonderful~world

Tried and true natural health methods/remedies you use?
Posted: 8/24/2009 1:01:35 PM

Personally, I think the whole herbal industry is one big racket.

I agree with you on this. The herbal industry is a huge money grab. I believe that if you live a healthy lifestyle, keep your weight down and your spirits up, then you should be healthy. Perhaps the odd vitamin may help as well.

And remember, everything in moderation.

Show ALL Forums