Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Alcohol problem
 NYCman530
Msg: 17 (view)

Alcohol problem
Posted: 9/1/2011 7:55:47 PM
Cutting down on the beer recently helped me lose some pounds. I now drink about 7 or 8 beers a week, usually light beers, although I'll drink a Sam Adams or Brooklyn Lager once in a while. Moderation is the key. Also, I work out 3 times a week and do extensive walking.
 NYCman530
Msg: 42 (view)

Physical attraction verses Sexual attraction
Posted: 3/26/2010 8:27:07 PM
I believe that physical and sexual attraction are synonymous. The first impression with the physical attraction can exude sexual attraction. Of course, the sex can go dowhill if there's personality issues even if she's drop dead gorgeous, but on the flip side, there's times when she can be average looking and the sex can be better.
 NYCman530
Msg: 47 (view)

What do girls mean when they say their last relationship was all about sex?
Posted: 3/25/2010 2:11:03 AM
Sounds to me like either she's not physically attracted to you and just wants to be friends or she's learning from her mistakes of the past and wants to broaden her horizons and is looking for more out of her relationships than just sex. She could be trying to make sure you're not just looking for sex from her.
 NYCman530
Msg: 198 (view)

What does voluptuous mean to you?
Posted: 2/5/2010 5:41:34 AM
Voluptuous to me means curvy in all the right places except for her stomach. Yet there's some dramatically overweight women who describe themselves as voluptuous when they should really be saying they're a BBW or full figured instead.
 NYCman530
Msg: 25 (view)

SHould I LEAVE? forever???
Posted: 2/5/2010 5:31:11 AM
Let's figure this out: He cheated on you several times, yet you have to force him to have sex with you. He never brought you flowers, did anything for you, or complimented you. That makes it obvious that he doesn't love you. So just what is it you could possibly love about this guy? Are you a glutton for punishment? Do you not feel you deserve better? Where is your self respect? You're just as much at fault for staying with him as he is for cheating on you and treating you wrong. Not only that, you're also at risk for contracting a STD from him, considering how promiscuous he is. I'm sure your family coudn't be happy about him either. If you have half a brain, you'll forget about him and move on. You're a pretty girl. You can do better for yourself than this loser.
 NYCman530
Msg: 20 (view)

Owning one's anger
Posted: 2/4/2010 7:12:43 AM
Often when a woman says "I'm fine, I'll be all right" as you quoted your girlfriend then something is NOT all right. She has been conditioned since childhood from her parents not to communicate their anger about things and it is now continuing into her relationship with you. One positive note is the fact that she described that situation with her parents to you. Remind her how you feel about her and that it hurts you when she doesn't communicate not only what she's angry about but her feelings in general and that it hurts her emotionally by keeping it bottled up inside which can stress her out signifigantly.
 NYCman530
Msg: 2 (view)

Odd Exclusions
Posted: 2/3/2010 7:00:44 AM
Actually, I was just adding something that was profile related. Perhaps this was the wrong thread for me to post in.
 NYCman530
Msg: 1 (view)

Odd Exclusions
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:51:45 AM
It's surprising, but lately I've discovered on a few women's profiles incoming email exclusions which actually included dating! I'm used to seeing intimate encounters, hang out, talk, and other relationship as exclusions, but dating? They were seeking out long term but how can one establish long term relationships without dating? Seems really odd to me.
 NYCman530
Msg: 19 (view)

Do guys like clingy women?
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:47:41 PM
If you mean clingy as in not giving me space and wanting to be around me 24-7, I'd say no. If you meant clingy as displaying affection, whether it be in public or private, I'd say yes. As far as agressive, passive, passive-aggressive, and assertive are concerned, I'd pick assertive. As far as chasing and being chased, I think it should be done in a subtle way, not being too obvious which only displays neediness. The man and woman need to detect signals from each other, which isn't always easy.
 NYCman530
Msg: 9 (view)

In a relationship but still on dating sites?
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:19:18 PM
Just how long have they been seeing each other? If it's a signifigant other, he should definately remove his profile. However, if it's an insignifigant other, without exclusivity involved, then it's open season.
 NYCman530
Msg: 5 (view)

Probably know the answer, but I'm asking anyway......
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:02:52 PM
You mentioned once you "get in" you have no problem talking and can actually be charming. So try and use that to your advantage when you begin a conversation without saying to yourself "She's out of my league" or "She'll probably reject me". Women are not as hung up on looks as you may think. Your best bet is to be humorous, friendly, and if she rejects you so what? There are plenty of others to choose from. Also observe her body language. That can often be a sure sign whether or not she's interested. Just try to do it spontaneously, don't force yourself or try too hard.
 NYCman530

Help! I need an opinion
Posted: 1/27/2010 7:06:05 AM
Obviously you answered your own question. You mentioned that your boyfriend is unsure he wants to be in a relationship anymore and the icing on the cake is the fact that he acts wary or secretive when talking to you when he's among friends. That is a bad sign. You should seek out someone more stable.
 NYCman530
Msg: 90 (view)

On swallowing
Posted: 1/22/2010 6:58:33 PM
I once saw a t-shirt that said "Good girls swallow, b#tches spit!"
 NYCman530

cream pies
Posted: 1/22/2010 6:55:52 PM
Cream pies? Is that to replace using good old whipped cream on her? I guess if it's coconut cream or banana cream, yeah, I could be adventurous.
 NYCman530
Msg: 30 (view)

How Long Before You Give Up On Someone Your Dating
Posted: 1/22/2010 3:59:56 PM
If it was the two of you just dating on a casual level, that's one thing, but you stated you're in love with her and she feels the same way about you. You need to let her know she needs to make a choice between you and the other guy in all fairness. She keeps leaving him and returning to him and that sounds like an unstable relationship. If I were you, I'd look elsewhere unless you're absolutely positive that it's over between her and this other guy. She's stringing both of you along, which isn't fair to either of you.
 NYCman530
Msg: 7 (view)

Why does he tell me i can do better?
Posted: 1/22/2010 3:48:23 PM
I don't buy that statement. Why wouldn't he tell you that you can do better than him after just a few dates? The fact that he was with you for a year makes that a strange thing for him to say. It sounds like a polite way of saying "I think we should see other people." So your best bet is to move on and seek greener pastures with someone else.
 NYCman530
Msg: 133 (view)

Having relations w/ a married woman
Posted: 1/20/2010 6:42:00 AM
Wally, Quit Teasing The Beaver: Too funny!
 NYCman530
Msg: 132 (view)

Having relations w/ a married woman
Posted: 1/20/2010 6:41:02 AM
I wouldn't participate in an adultrous act under any circumstances. This guy's overseas fighting for his country. I think it's a total lack of respect on both your parts for her husband and also a lack of self respect. And she very well may have lied to you about her husband being okay with it and even if he was, it's still totally wrong as far as I'm concerned.
 NYCman530
Msg: 22 (view)

Maybe Persistence Isn't So Bad After All
Posted: 1/20/2010 6:31:33 AM
OP, you mentioned respect for women in your thread. Being persistent is in no way synonymous with a lack of respect of women. Persistence is about not letting rejection defeat you. If she says no, you don't give up, which doesn't mean you pursue her again immediately after her rejecting you, then she may categorize this as stalking. You give it a little time, ask her out again, since some women like to play hard to get, making it an interesting challenge for the man.
 NYCman530
Msg: 20 (view)

Can you be complimented too much?
Posted: 1/20/2010 6:20:23 AM
Sure it's good to pay one's S/O a complement here and there, you should, but not constantly. Whan it's all the time, he come's off as being too needy and too much of a wussie. A person is better off showing his love by actions and not constant compliments.
 NYCman530
Msg: 8 (view)

He wants to talk about it
Posted: 1/20/2010 6:11:36 AM
I don't think the fact that he talks things out and is perhaps analytical has anything to do with his sexuality. But on the other hand, if he's always saying "What do you think?" without giving any of his own impact, I think that sounds like he's being too indecisive or wishy washy.
 NYCman530
Msg: 18 (view)

do u need to be needed?
Posted: 1/20/2010 6:04:51 AM
OP, when you say strong, I take it to mean that she keeps her emotions in check, has a good self esteem without a lot of drama. Women have more of a sense of responsibility in this day and age since they're out in the workforce in droves. I admire a woman who's self reliant and independant and it doesn't necessarily make her any less feminine for it. Of course I'd be glad to step in and help if the situation warrented it. There should be a happy medium. She shouldn't feel she's totally invincible (No one is) and if she rejects my offer for help, the negtative consequences she experiences would not make me feel bad for her. However she also should not feel totally helpless either.
 NYCman530
Msg: 10 (view)

Is it normal for woman to ask her man to sleep on the couch when....
Posted: 1/18/2010 5:31:52 AM
Have you been candid with your girlfriend that you're not comfortable about the way she's acting or are you passive about it? If you have been passive about it, it's time to put your foot down and tell her that it's really not normal. Has she put on weight and is now self-conscious about her her body? You've been with her a long time, so she shouldn't be acting this way. And the fact that she's intimate with you only once a month doesn't help. You're the one paying the bills, and you're letting her call all the shots and control you. It's time for you to have a serious talk with her and find out what's bothering her recently, and afterwards if she doesn't change, that should be a red signal and you should ask yourself if it's seriously worth continuing the relationship. Personally, I wouldn't.
 NYCman530
Msg: 9 (view)

Is this normal
Posted: 1/18/2010 5:19:32 AM
You are thinking about your ex because absence makes the heart grow fonder but you should also realize that time heals all wounds. You stated that you and your ex will never re-unite, so it was definately not a bad thing that you got involved with someone 5 months after breaking up with the ex. You should go on with your life and develop your current relationship and put the past behind you.
 NYCman530
Msg: 38 (view)

Should I Be Concerned About his Character ?
Posted: 1/15/2010 6:17:16 PM
It may seem like your boyfriend is putting down his friend behind his back, but is there not a possibility since they're good friends that your boyfriend also discussed the matter with his friend, trying to give him some motivation to get out and make something of himself? Sure, he had a tough life, but he's an adult now, it's time for him to start making his bed and lying in it. Sure, if he just said that to you and not his friend, it sounds sneaky to me, but you can't rule out the possibility that he spoke to him about it also.
 NYCman530
Msg: 85 (view)

Does oral sex change your opinion of a girl?
Posted: 1/14/2010 11:04:52 AM
On the second date, it would go through my mind that she's kind of easy if she was willing to slob my knob so soon, not that I would necessarily turn it down, but it would be a red signal for a long term relationship unless of course I was the only one she desired to do that to so soon and she hasn't or won't engage in that behavior with every Tom,****and Harry, let alone anyone else.
 NYCman530
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2010 7:05:51 AM
I was referring to the total package, face and body. The degree of craziness and shoe size did not come into play, lol.
 NYCman530
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2010 12:51:43 AM
I believe the two terms physical and sexual attraction can often be synonymous. However, the personality should also be there to add to the spark. Of course, there needs to be a physical attraction to a degree first. But I've been with a woman who was a 9 on a scale of 1-10 physically, but she wasn't as adept in the bedroom as a few who were a 6 or 7.
 NYCman530
Msg: 46 (view)

Is the WWE High on Crack?
Posted: 1/9/2010 7:17:46 PM
I used to watch wrestling regularly until about 10 years ago. I used to watch wrestlers like Bruno Sammartino, Road Warriors, Fabulous Moolah, Bob Backlund, Pedro Morales, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Wendi Richter, Andre The Giant, etc. At least back in the day they actually wrestled more and it wasn't as much of a soap opera. Back then it was more blood, sweat, and tears. Then I started getting tired of seeing the McMahons on my TV screen all the time and seeing overrated wrestlers like Orton, Edge, Orton, etc being overpushed. Seems nowadays half a wrestler's worth is determined by his mic skills. I just got fed up and stopped watching.
 NYCman530
Msg: 12 (view)

Not sure what to do (warning long post)
Posted: 1/9/2010 7:00:21 PM
One of the worst things a guy wants to hear from a woman especially when he feels there's a connection and a future possible is "Can't we just be friends?" If her self esteem is low already, she is as much to blame for allowing herself to be treated like shit by her ex as he is for being an @sshole and treating her like that. I'd back off for a while and consider dating other women until you are positive she's no longer seeing her ex and stringing you along. Good luck!
 NYCman530

Need some feedback on this one...
Posted: 1/9/2010 6:48:23 PM
Many feel there's a fine line between love and sex. This is true when the couple is together for a while, but the two of you know each other less than a week. You felt a chemistry leading to an intimate encounter, but that is not synonymous with love since you barely know each other. Love cannot manifest itself due to one romp in the hay. It seems more of an infatuation. You first need to ask yourself if the job offer is a good career opportunity for you, that's first and foremost, then you see if you have a future with this guy, and whether or not he's seeing other women.
 NYCman530
Msg: 12 (view)

Recently she has been acting different
Posted: 1/6/2010 11:02:10 PM
If she continues to act different, tell her it makes you feel uncomfortable and persist in asking her about it. Remind her how long you two have been going together as neither of you should keep secrets from each other. And like Annie just stated, perhaps she did see your profile.
 NYCman530
Msg: 478 (view)

Decent guys: are they all either taken or gay?
Posted: 1/1/2010 7:03:49 PM
This thread is 25 pages long already so how about changing the title to "Decent women: Are they all taken or lesbian?" Obviously the answer to both questions is no.
 NYCman530
Msg: 166 (view)

Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percent
Posted: 12/31/2009 8:50:49 AM
Business owners are not suffering the consequences of hiring illegals. They should either be heavilly fined or shut down. They wouldn't be crossing the border in droves if they knew business owners would not hire them. And all this bunk about illegals doing jobs Americans won't do? That's hogwash! It wasn't like that years ago, why should that change? All the free medical they receive is a contributing factor in health care costs going up. Obama needs to focus more on border control, something that was very lax ever since the Clinton administration, when they started piling in like crazy. If it keeps up the way it has, we're eventually going to need a president who's against amnesty for them.
 NYCman530
Msg: 110 (view)

Big league chew
Posted: 12/27/2009 5:55:20 PM
Most of the time, I wouldn't but this "Out of your league" stuff, unless maybe she's a supermodel. The expression refers to either that they're too physically beautiful to be approached, or they are too affluent in the economic sense. What's more important are common interests and values.
 NYCman530
Msg: 584 (view)

NEW YORK GIANTS 2009-2010
Posted: 12/27/2009 5:26:37 PM
The Giants' defense unfortunately were certainly underachievers this season. We need to draft a linebacker in the first round next year, and one for secondary in the 2nd round. Also get 2 defensive players who are free agents, also a linebacker and a cornerback or safety. That should make an impact. We cannot afford to continue giving up 30+ points per game.
 NYCman530
Msg: 23 (view)

Why don't most women like cumshots?
Posted: 12/25/2009 2:55:29 PM
I just try to make sure to avoid getting it in her hair. That's usually a red flag for women. She doesn't want to have to wash her hair again!
 NYCman530
Msg: 151 (view)

Posted: 12/23/2009 5:30:31 PM
As the health care bill tentatively passed today, I heard it's approval rate was more like 38% rather than 48%. And the bill will only skyrocket our debt even more. The voting public should have more say in the matter than our anemic Congress. When are we going to crack down on frivilous lawsuits, ambulance chasers, illegals and the shiftless popping out babies like roaches getting freebies which is instrumental in HMO's going up? And there will be 14 taxes attatched to this bill, and 10 of them may affect those earning UNDER $200,000 a year. I'm all for helping the needy, but why should I have to pay for other people's health care? Obama said he'd bring change, and I was hoping it would be a positive change. But the only "change" I see is extra change coming out of my pocket. Obama promised to lower health care costs, mine's going up $25 a paycheck starting next month. WTF! And he's spent more in less than a year than was spent in the past 8 years. And don't get me started on his views abouit partial birth abortion. He's an empty suit making empty promises. A one term president for sure. Many people who thought he was some kind of messiah or rock star when he was elected have changed their opinion. And Pelosi and Reid are nothing but a cancer. As bad as Bush may have been, even he warned them about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and they didn't even do a federal investigation. And that's when the market plunged. And now Obama's ASKING us what he can do to create jobs. He has no clue now, since the bailouts and stimulus checks were not the answer. God help us all!
 NYCman530
Msg: 16 (view)

Shaving = Pedophilia?
Posted: 12/23/2009 9:37:06 AM
I think there should at least be some compromise. It would be a turnoff to me to get with a woman who's shrubbery is so dense I'd need a machete to get anywhere(I already flossed this morning). She doesn't have to be totally shaved, although I wouldn't complain, but she should be neatly trimmed. On the flip side, I'm sure most women want the man to keep themselves trimmed as well.
 NYCman530
Msg: 109 (view)

Is being yourself really good advice?
Posted: 12/22/2009 7:25:06 PM
Being yourself can be good advice, providing it's a positive point of your personality. If there are other aspects of your character and personality that need work, then certainly you should strive to change them rather than being yourself in those ways. It's fine to be a nice guy, but often being too nice a guy is a no-no, since many women will feel the guy is either a wussy or too needy, or he can't take the lead in making a decision. So it's probably better to have a combination of nice guy and bad boy. I'm not saying the guy should be a jerk or abusive, but he should have some humor, bust her chops a little and keep her guessing.
 NYCman530

How do you like to be treated after sex... and how important is it to you?
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:51:19 PM
Hopefully she'll cook my eggs right the next morning!
 NYCman530
Msg: 49 (view)

Should i think twice about dating this woman?
Posted: 12/20/2009 2:13:13 PM
This woman's mother obviously set a bad example for her. She was in and out of relationships and then her daughter followed suit, hooking up with losers. You also mentioned she's on drugs for anxiety. What about her current state of mind? Will she eventually be able to deal with the root of her anxiety without the drugs and if not, does she have mood swings? I'm guessing you think she does, since your gut instinct is to walk away. You should do what your heart tells you without having to see yourself as a savior which you may regret later if you stay.
 NYCman530
Msg: 72 (view)

Broke it off b/c she wants to work at hooters or waitress at strip club?
Posted: 12/20/2009 2:02:14 PM
Darren, do you feel it's honestly that trashy, degrading or immoral? Or are you insecure about the fact that she'll be around men and you aren't sure you can trust her? As far as Hooters is concerned, it's actually a family oriented franchise even though the girls do dress skimpy. And I could understand you being upset if she told you she wanted to strip, but a****ail waitress? I wouldn't call that degrading. But I feel if you really trust her, it shouldn't bother you too much. Also, what are her future aspirations? I'm sure she just wants to do this temporarily until something materializes in her field of study.
 NYCman530
Msg: 87 (view)

Are tall men more likely to cheat?
Posted: 12/20/2009 1:49:18 PM
This is about as ridiculous as saying women with big boobs cheat more than flat chested women. I'm 6'1" and I've never cheated. If I considered straying, I'd break off the relationship whith her first. Good and bad scruples comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors.
 NYCman530
Msg: 568 (view)

NEW YORK GIANTS 2009-2010
Posted: 12/14/2009 4:26:05 PM
I was really hoping for a Giant win Sunday but it didn't materialize. How on earth do you score 38 points and still lose? The Eagles' offensive line was giving McNabb so much time to throw, he could have called his folks on his cell before he threw the ball! And our linebackers and secondary were sleepwalking out there. The fumbles and dropped passes didn't help, either. It's a shame because Eli and Jacobs played their asses off out there. And running the ball on 3rd and 5? After the way Eli was throwing? WTF! We can only hope that Dallas loses the remainder of their games and that we defeat the Redskins, Panthers, and Vikings. One thing's for sure. In next year's draft, the Giants have to focus on defensive players only. Get a couple of blue chip prospects and try to get a free agent pro-bowler.
 NYCman530
Msg: 134 (view)

Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/12/2009 6:03:39 PM
Q: What's the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa Claus?
A: Santa Claus stops after 3 hos!
Q: What will Tiger's new name be?
A: Cheetah!
 NYCman530
Msg: 80 (view)

Thee ole double standard...
Posted: 12/3/2009 5:25:36 PM
When the woman lets herself go and gains a good deal of weight, many men are afraid of confrontingher about it for fear of putting her on the defensive. But instead of telling her "You should diet" or "You look like hell" or "You should go to the gym" a better solution would be "Let's go to the gym together". Or "Let's walk a few miles". That way you're including yourself and she won't feel defensive. And perhaps when you're at the gym ask a qualified trainer for input about proper nutrition.
 NYCman530
Msg: 57 (view)

How do I tell him this?
Posted: 11/28/2009 5:49:11 PM
You stated that you told your other boyfriends about it in the past and they had no problem with it. You asked if you should wait until you completely trust him. But you obviously trusted the others enough to tell them and you said you like this man more than the others and you've been together 3 months. It's definately time to tell him. If he find out without you telling him, he will feel deceived, and a relationship is doomed without communication, and trust, and there should be no deception. It seems you obviously have it under control enough so that he didn't kick you to the curb.
 NYCman530
Msg: 32 (view)

Do people change?
Posted: 11/28/2009 5:39:07 PM
Do people change? That's a really general question. I believe people can change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. It depends upon what facet of their lives they want to change. For example, most cheaters, criminals, drug abusers, or alcoholics would have a more difficult time changing than those with other negative traits, such as trying to be a better listener, trying to communicate better, having more patience, being less angry, being more organized, being more attentive to your loved ones needs, etc. We should all strive to change for the better, but we have to WANT to badly enough.
 NYCman530
Msg: 80 (view)

Posted: 11/27/2009 8:02:28 PM
Obama promised to lower health care costs sometime this year. Result: My HMO deductables are increasing from $50 a paycheck to $75 a paycheck starting January, obviously as an anticipation of this universal healthcare bill. It never went up more than 5 or 10 dollars before. He also assured us that the stimulus checks and bailouts will trigger job growth. Didn't happen. It's obvious that the working class people are going to pay for the healthcare of those who don't work as well as illegals. I'm all for helping the needy, but I resent having my money go to helping illegals and lazy deadbeats who refuse to work. Clinton and Bush didn't tighten the borders like they should have, neither will Obama. It's costing us over 300 billion a year. Obama's an empty suit making empty promises, not to mention his moral stances leave a lot to be desired. Next year we need to vote out clowns like Pelosi and Reid, who were warned about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Even Bush warned them to do a federal investigation which did not happen, then the market plunged. Romney/Huckabee in 2012.

Show ALL Forums