Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Please review my profile.
 nakhia
Msg: 2 (view)

Please review my profile.
Posted: 3/13/2010 9:27:16 PM
Thank you I really appreciate your feedback.
 nakhia
Msg: 1 (view)

Please review my profile.
Posted: 3/9/2010 8:35:26 PM
Please check out my profile and let me know if I should change anything or add anything. I'm not sure what else to add to it in order to help initiate contacts. Thanks for your opinions and feedback.
 nakhia
Msg: 10 (view)

next step or no step
Posted: 8/15/2009 8:15:52 PM
If it's not there, it's not there. Move on. Why would you and should you wait for him to contact you again. Consider it his loss and find the next one. He's not Mr Right for you.
 nakhia
Msg: 5 (view)

rules of dating multiple girls
Posted: 8/15/2009 12:45:41 AM
Those of you who actually read my questions and had the intelligence to respond with good advice thank you. Those of you who could not see past your own small minded thinking thank you for commenting as well. At no point did I say I was sleeping with any of them yet. I was really confused on how the situation was supposed to be handled and some of you gave some really sound advice. Again thank you. Let me buy you all a beer. cheers

And thank you to those who responded by email. Sorry your not able to express your opinions openly without fear of the unintelligent making unbelievably small minded remarks.
 nakhia
Msg: 1 (view)

rules of dating multiple girls
Posted: 8/14/2009 11:30:25 AM
What are the rules when dating more than one person. I have expressed to all parties involved that I do not want to be involved in a relationship with anyone, at what point and time does it become wrong to continue. I can tell that they want to develop this into something else but I am not in a place right now to take anything further. Do you tell the other women about each other? Do you keep it like a dirty secret? What are the rules? Should you sleep with all of them? Or should you stop their advances? I am not the type of person who normally doesn't have a girlfriend so this is new to me. Please explain how to best handle this.
 nakhia
Msg: 8 (view)

How to handle nosy men??
Posted: 8/14/2009 11:08:29 AM
If it doesn't come out in conversation anyways then do you really feel a connection with these people. Why sidestep issues that need to be presented. It tends to make me wonder what it is that you are hiding? Do you look like the elephant man? Do you have fifteen kids with fifteen different fathers? You need to let people get to know you in order to expect to get to know other people.

Tell them straight up that if you want them to know where you live you will tell them. As for asking personal questions about your kids, screw that what does that have to do with anything at this point. Just tell them NONYA.
 nakhia
Msg: 13 (view)

Your thoughts...
Posted: 7/29/2009 7:42:21 PM
I thought this might be a serious question until I read your profile. Then I figured you are just looking for attention because you are not getting it from your profile. You don't want to attract guys looking to get laid then change your stupid immature profile.
 nakhia
Msg: 12 (view)

okay guys, here is another one
Posted: 7/29/2009 7:31:44 PM
Permission to ditch the loser has been approved. How well do you know this guy that you are offering a room in the same house with your children? Seriously.
 nakhia
Msg: 3 (view)

what up with the games
Posted: 7/28/2009 7:59:02 AM
perhaps if he won't meet you in person he is not who pretends to be. Or maybe he just got comfortable with where you are at in your relationship. He will keep you were you are for as long as you let him, maybe you are the backup in case nothing else works out.
 nakhia

will i ever be able to regain his trust?
Posted: 7/28/2009 7:05:50 AM
I personally feel you had your chance and blew it. It is hard without knowing the extent of the knowledge shared and if it was embarrassing to him. My feelings if not acted upon will very easily turn into a just friends thing with a girl after some time. I think womens feelings tend to develop deeper over time.

You have stated your intentions, albeit in the form of a letter and not face to face, but nonetheless you have stated your feelings and intentions. If he is able to reciprocate these he will. For now I would settle for platonic and not dare to hope for more.
 nakhia
Msg: 14 (view)

How do guys show they really care about a woman?
Posted: 7/28/2009 6:02:46 AM
Tell her. If you can't communicate your feelings with her at this stage you never will be able too. As far as physical manifistations, flowers at work, mid day phone calls just to say hi and find out how her day is going. Letting her know she is on your mind constantly. Being available to her at all times.

If we want to be exclusive and in love we will come right out and say it. Most of us understand how dating works and know it's a helluva lot easier for you than for us.
 nakhia
Msg: 7 (view)

Clarifications
Posted: 7/28/2009 5:54:14 AM
Okay did you come here to just insult us? In all your ramblings you asked one question so I will answert it. Some fat girls tend to be sensitive so if someone doesn't want to have to turn you away it is easier to say "no bbw."

And congratulations on finding someone that can put up with your drama, and your insulting personality. As well as your big fat azz.
 nakhia

How do I absolutely without a doubt let a guy know I am NOT interested without hurting him?
Posted: 7/28/2009 5:37:06 AM
You should throw him a mercy **** then tell him to beat the bricks.

seriously you should tell him straight out that it is never ever going to happen. Screw the sensitive crap, even if he is sensitive, guys don't understand that stuff and you have to be direct and to the point.
 nakhia
Msg: 8 (view)

Single mom- how to make it easier on men?
Posted: 7/27/2009 8:05:54 PM
I am a single father so I wouldn't mind meeting the kids after a few dates and we know we are at least going to be friends. I think it's important to do something together as long as the kids understood that this person is my friend. This way you can make sure everyone gets along. You are potentially going to be bf/gf at this stage and thats fine for kids who understand that this person is not their mother/father, nor a replacement.

Your son is three and has no clue as to what is going on, so sure why not. He's not going to know if your friend is staying the night or just came over in the morning. If the children are a little older, then it is not comfortable for them to have someone there who is not there normally. Send him/her home.

If a person is not comfortable around kids there is nothing you can do to make them more comfortable. I would think not letting the kid jump on him or force him to overly interact with your son, like saying, "junior, go see if Jess wants to play catch with you while I cook dinner" and you should be fine.

I would want to know if his father is involved. How is the father going to feel about me being around the kids.
 nakhia
Msg: 11 (view)

Emotional Attachment vs. Friendship
Posted: 7/27/2009 7:40:20 PM
If sex is involved it means he wants to continue receiving the nookie until something better comes along.

If sex isn't involved, he thinks it can be.
 nakhia
Msg: 18 (view)

y is it I only attract wierdo's or they confess undying love within an hour and turn freaky!
Posted: 7/27/2009 7:20:56 PM
"Anyone lucky enough to meet would have a great time with this northern lass xxx"

This part in your testimonial to me screams she will screw your brains out.

I would want to marry you because you have three jobs.

I would stalk you because of both reasons.
 nakhia
Msg: 6 (view)

Lol really why?
Posted: 7/27/2009 6:52:51 AM
Why are you even asking a question like this? I would have to say in cyber space some people will say whatever they want knowing the consequences can result in little more than being blocked. There is nothing in your profile to lead someone to believe you would respond to a message like this so I would just move on with out letting this bother you.
 nakhia
Msg: 4 (view)

Why don't people respond?
Posted: 7/27/2009 6:43:28 AM
I would say either lower the bar or expect the same results.
 nakhia

Is he just not really interested?
Posted: 7/27/2009 6:41:29 AM
Be patient. You don't know if he is on here just browsing the always entertaining forums or if he is sending out mass emails to every woman on here.
 nakhia

most people won't message me back, rarely get anyone messaging me, what the hey? please review
Posted: 7/26/2009 10:37:33 PM
No body cares about your reasons for not accepting our opinions. Keep them to yourself. You only come off sounding like an ass degrading the people who give you their honest opinion.
 nakhia

Whatcha think of this profile?
Posted: 7/26/2009 10:26:09 PM
My first impression is it looks like a novel. I would just put down I have several tattoos and plan on more. Invite them to ask you about them. I am no expert though and have a pretty long profile myself.
 nakhia
Msg: 9 (view)

Torn
Posted: 7/26/2009 9:02:02 PM
Do you want to risk your daughters emotional well being on someone you know will leave you if something better comes along? He already just dropped her out of his life when he left in sept. Come on, grow up, you have someone else to think about besides yourself.

Nuff said
 nakhia

Male/Female Friendships Question
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:58:02 PM
Unless they are gay or you are unattractive, every man who is your friend would sleep with you if given the chance. Some people may say they wouldn't on here to make themselves sound better, but if you are remotely attractive they would.

How do you treat your friends that these guys would think you are taking anything to a romantic level?
 nakhia

Not sure what to do.....
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:52:00 PM
If I guy wrote you and said "wow your super hot" how would you respond?
 nakhia

Beauty Pet peeves
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:49:01 PM
Foundation. Smells like crap
 nakhia

Do you like your girlfriend to be nurturing towards you?
Posted: 7/26/2009 6:40:32 PM
Yes. I love to lay my head across her lap and let her play with my hair. But its also important that she lays across my chest at times as well. So I guess yes and no. I think that it is very important that it is a fifty fifty thing. Everyone loves to be petted.
 nakhia

What's up with this
Posted: 7/25/2009 8:21:45 PM
How long ago was his divorce? I really doubt the problem was just her and he may want to take things slow. Why are you in such a hurry to make him commit to you? What role do you want to play in this person's life?

He probably genuinely isn't ready to jump into a serious relationship. If you respect him and think that you could have a future then you need to give him all the space he needs and quite trying to force his hand.

More than likely he is wanting to play the field but has you as a fall back. You need to decide if he is worth waiting around for and worth risking yourself getting hurt for?
 nakhia

Is it ok to date more than 1 person?
Posted: 7/25/2009 8:14:31 PM
Did you discuss this with A? How long is a lot of time? Do you speak regularly in between dates? There is a lot of missing information. If you are only dating then by all means date whoever. If you are serious about man A, approach him and ask him straight out where this is going. Seems like you may lack communication with A, is this a good basis for a solid relationship?
 nakhia

one night and no more???
Posted: 7/25/2009 8:05:13 PM
You have been officially moved to the booty call category. Respond accordingly.
 nakhia

Milking The Prostate?
Posted: 7/25/2009 7:47:48 PM
Too funny, clamp down she is trying to kill you.
 nakhia

Okay, give it to me straight...
Posted: 7/25/2009 2:17:32 PM
Your profile is fine. Unique. I enjoyed reading it. It said a lot about you and you are a beautiful woman. Don't get discouraged. Things will happen when they do and they will happen for a reason.
 nakhia
Msg: 78 (view)

Do all women fall asleep when they orgasm?
Posted: 7/25/2009 1:34:35 PM
Wow, you seem very bitter OP. Obviously everyone is different and to generalize someone or put down them down shows a lot about your mentality. I have never seen a woman fall asleep after sex unless it was night time sex and we were cuddled up afterward. Of course I usually fall asleep first.

Maybe they all faked it since I have never seen that. I sure hope not. I kinda thought I was an incredible lay. My frail ego has been shattered by your brutal honesty. I don't know how I will ever make another woman orgasm again.

Thank you for setting me straight on this. I thought the leg shaking and the trying to catch her breath was a good thing but apparently that is just frustration. I will try harder.

Next time I will **** her to sleep.
 nakhia
Msg: 20 (view)

how to stop a child telling tales?
Posted: 7/25/2009 1:00:19 PM
I don't know but you better figure it out. I thought it was no big deal but now have a fifteen year old daughter who can't stop herself. She tells whoppers and the older they get the better they get at doing it.
 nakhia

what would you do?
Posted: 7/25/2009 12:35:55 PM
Run away. Why stick around, obviously there is more to this then you are telling.
 nakhia

Just looking for a quick review
Posted: 7/25/2009 11:56:48 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^harsh^^^^^^^^^^^^ but funny
 nakhia

Quick review guys (or girls!)
Posted: 7/25/2009 11:54:59 AM
It' s not bad but it doesn't stand out. I can't remember a thing I just read about you. Your second paragraph kinda came off as I like to sit around and do nothing. Really you don't give any sense of your personality or your ambitions, what you are looking for(other than someone to sit around and be bored with) Erase it and start over.
 nakhia

Interested or just blowing smoke?
Posted: 7/25/2009 11:42:17 AM
Just be patient. One day becomes two, two becomes three, very easily. One week is not a long period of time at all.
 nakhia

At what point would you want to know?
Posted: 7/25/2009 10:08:51 AM
Put it in your profile. It is obviously important to any relationship you get into, if you bring this up on a date later it's just gonna scare the guy if he has never done it. If you are willing to teach someone put that in there as well so you don't scare off people who have never tried it but would be willing. Sexual compatibility is just as important as mental and physical compatibility.
 nakhia

HOW should a woman first contact a guy on POF?
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:55:42 AM
Personally I love to receive emails and respond to everyone that I have ever received, both of them.

And sex is probably on the mind of a younger man contacting an older woman but it doesn't mean that it is a booty call by any means. I tend to date older woman and find them extremely hot because they are aware of their sexuality and I need someone who is compatible in that area.

So the answer to your question is yes, and no.

bet that didn't help at all
sorry
 nakhia

Why would men remove body hair down there.
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:33:07 AM
Don't give BJ's? Plan on staying single for ever do you.

Shaving your pubes just makes a better presentation and the bare skin on bare skin is hot.
 nakhia
Msg: 14 (view)

What is wrong when a guy just stop calling
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:27:29 AM
Should have replied to his text. Plain and simple. Even if you are out with the girls, taking the two seconds to send a text back would have been a simple gesture to reassure his mind. You didn't, then you flipped out. Sorry you've been kicked to the curb.
 nakhia

Is there something I'm missing?
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:20:32 AM
He's just not that into you.
 nakhia

just wonderin...whats up
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:14:48 AM
First date, no challenge. We will break up with you because if you give it up on the first date to us you will give it up to anyone.

Second date, you better give it up or we will lose interest. We can only challenge ourselves for so long.

Hope that clears it up.
 nakhia

HOW should a woman first contact a guy on POF?
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:09:11 AM
Free Sex, will usually get a response right away.

Seriously though, yes, we look at your picture first as does everyone. Your profile is a little sparse and you could use a couple of more pictures.

Other than that no one really knows how to get all the responses we want. Try changing your profile around.

A simple hi thought you were cute and would like to talk email works for me.
 nakhia

Does he want a relationship or just to date me?
Posted: 7/24/2009 9:25:27 AM
It depends really on how many times a day you are texting and calling him. Letting someone know you are thinking about them is fine, but much better if you tell them at the end of the day that you couldn't stop thinking about them. I hate being called four five times a day, what do you have to talk about? In the begining its fine because you are getting to know each other and can talk about the past and the future, but after awhile all thats really left is the present.

A quick note during the day to let someone know they are on your mind is fine, but there really is no need to ask any questions like "how is your day going" or "what are you doing" it is just pointless. If he is into you as much as it sounds like then he will let you know when something happens that is worth talking about.

And of course men are different.
 nakhia

Can you change your personality?
Posted: 7/23/2009 3:26:48 PM
Yes but the will to change has to be there.
 nakhia

Why would he do this?
Posted: 7/23/2009 12:47:13 PM
Like everyone else said he is just trying to make her jealous and possibly hurt her. He was trying to prove that he doesn't need her but secretly hoping she would see the "error" of her ways and come running back to him. Plus like she said^^^he's a jerk.
 nakhia

S.O.S Im so confused!!!!
Posted: 7/23/2009 12:38:43 PM
He's done with you. Plain and simple. Either find something new to do to him if you want your sexual relationship to continue or move on. Sorry, don't mean to be so blunt but that is the facts.
 nakhia

Can someone honest view my profile and tell me what is wrong with it?
Posted: 7/23/2009 7:13:15 AM
I really didn't see anything wrong with your profile. The only thing that stood out was your paragraph is long, maybe split it in half. Other than that it really gave me a sense of who you are and what you are looking for.
 nakhia

He-llo a little critiquing required
Posted: 7/23/2009 7:05:48 AM
Your profile was kind of hard to read. I had to re-read a couple of sentences in order for them to make sense to me. It could just be the subtle differences between Canada and the U.S. though.

" I am open to trying new things with the right persuasion."

I would change persuasion to person. persuasion makes it sound like we would have to convince you to try new things. Who wants to have to "persuade" someone to try something that we enjoy.

"I would love to own my own home and fix it up. "

Who wouldn't love to own their own home. This statement to me, sounds like you wouldn't mind finding someone with a house you could move into and take over.

Your a beautiful woman but sounds like you might be a little depressed and/or slightly melodramatic. Make it lighter and happier.

This is just my opinion though and I am no expert by any means. I hoped it helped a little and I hope it wasn't too harsh.

Show ALL Forums