Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: difficulty ejaculating with condoms
 damassteel
Msg: 38 (view)

difficulty ejaculating with condoms
Posted: 3/5/2015 4:56:11 PM
Yup, we're all different. Some guys do just fine with them, others not so much. I'm definitely in the latter category...Hate 'em with a passion. For me, NO sex is preferable to sex with a condom.
 damassteel
Msg: 129 (view)

Vegans/Vegetarians
Posted: 11/13/2014 12:02:44 PM
I simply do not care for how meat eating people smell close up. so... I definitely will not date them.
 damassteel
Msg: 70 (view)

Bi Lateral Mastectomy - Would you date and fall in love with her?
Posted: 8/16/2013 11:43:59 AM
Great topic.
I seriously considered your question. I realized that I had never actually seen a woman who had undergone this procedure, so I looked at images on the internet.
I was very surprised at how little scarring there actually is in the aftermath of this radical surgical procedure. Women with nipples removed look a bit strange, but that's the operation,what can you say. In my mind, this had been something I thought I would have a problem with, but after viewing pics of the results of this procedure, I can honestly say it would not bother me if I were truly into the woman and who she is as a person. For those of you who still may have an issue if you were to meet someone who had this done, I encourage you to view some images; I think you'll find them instructive.
 damassteel
Msg: 87 (view)

In all honesty, how important is oral sex?
Posted: 8/4/2013 4:02:47 PM
This topic is always a hoot to read through. Most of us are socialized early on to feel a certain amount of aversion to other peoples bodily fluids and such, AND let's face it....the playground is quite close to the waste treatment facilities.
I know that for me it was an "acquired taste" so to say. I certainly did not take to it right away, although now it's a must in a relationship...but hey, everyone has their own needs and wants.
Best ever reason NOT to go down on a gal; PFC Burroughs, while on patrol in the Korean DMZ told me why he doesn't..." I don't know what all you can catch from down there, but I sure as hell don't want it on my face!!"
 damassteel
Msg: 55 (view)

Slept with 36 women....
Posted: 11/21/2012 12:03:58 PM
Numbers, shmumbers...why do you care??? I count my numbers but keep that info confidential...not anyone else's business.
In any case these were all women that were interesting in at least some fashion, worthy of my recall.
 damassteel
Msg: 9 (view)

Trying a 2nd or 3rd time again with an ex
Posted: 9/18/2012 9:21:50 PM
I've done it recently...didn't work out. It didn't seem to matter that we agreed to put the past behind us; Those same old issues eventually raised their ugly heads. FAIL. We did alright for about 6 months though.
 damassteel
Msg: 28 (view)

A kiss for me, what's your make or break act?
Posted: 7/8/2012 2:31:39 PM
Start ranting or talking crazy about politics,ex's, or the guy next door…I'm GONE!
 damassteel
Msg: 20 (view)

Non verbal clues your relationship is coming to an end
Posted: 7/8/2012 2:21:59 PM
She looks uncomfortable when you've given her a thoughtful gift.
 damassteel
Msg: 40 (view)

attractiveness difference
Posted: 6/12/2012 2:00:52 AM
So you think that vain delusion is the sole property of of over 30 guys??? Women in their mid to late 60's and beyond message me too( I have since adjusted my mail /age settings) and I have ZERO idea of why or how they could seriously think I'd want to date them, even after They supposedly have read my profile...I just may assume that they too only look at the pictures of me without reading on further.
 damassteel
Msg: 2239 (view)

Haiku Connection - Part IV
Posted: 6/11/2012 10:49:12 PM
rollerskates are back!
spinning wheels with ball bearings.
grab that passing bus!
 damassteel
Msg: 91 (view)

Do men over 50 really want the same?
Posted: 6/11/2012 10:03:27 PM
Hell, I'm 53 and don't find balding, grey-haired, out of shape men in their 50's attractive but that's what 95% of the men in my age group look like. I don't want to date someone who looks like my father.

You won't be dating anyone who looks like your dad if you don't wish to because you don't need to. You are very attractive, with a youthful appearance; hence you have options. I am in that 5% set outside the one you mentioned. I too have options and don't wish to date women my age who look like my mom; and a lot of them do.
I'm happy to consider dating the ones that have taken good care and have been aided by favorable genetics.
It does not seem at all out of place for a man 50+ to date women 15-20 years his junior, IF he still can project virile masculine energy. It only looks weird when he can no longer can and is still trying. Oh and I don't need to show any friends that "I still have it"... because I actually do still have it and they know it( not that I care really).

p.s. I think the OP's question has been adequately answered... NO, we don't all want the same.
 damassteel
Msg: 17 (view)

Few questions
Posted: 6/11/2012 9:12:53 AM
I tend to date off site, but when I decide to contact POF'ers I get a fairly good response. I think women respond to my concise but informative message ? I dunno. What I am fairly certain of is the way I approach them in my first contact.
I simply say something like : " great look, great profile! Please check mine out; I'd like to meet you! Thanks!" I keep it short. about 3 out of ten respond; I think 30 percent return is not bad.
 damassteel
Msg: 32 (view)

No sex from get go so no go
Posted: 6/6/2012 11:44:57 AM
^^^^ yeah, you just may be spot on with that analogy. I have never had to wait more than 2, 3 at the most dates if a woman was into me and I , her. If the woman was not that into me, or I wasn't into her, I'd know it certainly by three dates... asking for sex???? What???
 damassteel
Msg: 66 (view)

Single old male - I must therefore be a predator
Posted: 6/1/2012 4:07:06 PM

You also notice it when you travel overseas, because most other cultures tend to still see adults as people who will look out for, rather than harm children.

I find comment this to be absolutely reflective of my overseas experiences with children... In Germany NO ONE thought it was strange or threatening if I interacted with children in a friendly way. On many occasions kids I didn't know would come up to me while I was reading the paper, having coffee or some such, and start conversations out of curiosity; They were NEVER reproached by parents( who most often were nearby) for this I also found this to be true in Russia and Korea.... These folk are MUCH less concerned over this issue... do we just have more pervs here in the states???
 damassteel
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 5/30/2012 11:46:09 PM

But it's true, you can never be too careful.

Highly disagree! Yes you can!!
 damassteel
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 5/30/2012 11:24:43 PM
Overkill and over-concern IMHO. We knew there would be society's share of pervs out there in the world, But we refused to give our daughter the idea that that was the norm... and it's not the norm. Most people CAN be trusted. Most people will NOT harm you in any way, nor will they lie to you or deceive you... That is abnormal behavior. Teaching a child prudence in their actions and decisions is the way to go. They must develop their own resources for keeping themselves safe. We must help them to develop their judgement and threat assessment skills, rather than having them be fearful of every stranger they encounter. Our daughter has traveled the world safely on her own for years...since she was a child in fact. Yes our children are precious but we cannot cage their spirits by teaching them fear and mistrust.
As well I readily agree that as adults of any age or gender, we should be respectful when and if it becomes necessary to approach children we do not know. If children are taught to demand respect of their space and person, it becomes VERY difficult to molest them in any way, because they know just what to do in such instances to keep themselves out of harms way.
In my opinion all this hovering and shielding of children is not the best style of parenting, for it teaches them nothing about developing their own threat assessment skills...cuz you ain't always gonna be around.... Oh I forgot, highly unlikely some of the parents I'm addressing would ever let their kids out on their own.
 damassteel
Msg: 19 (view)

Sharing interests
Posted: 5/27/2012 10:01:19 AM
For me it's a very important matter. I'm an inveterate Salsa dancer. I spend a lot of time doing this... 5-6 nights a week in fact. It makes no sense for me to date someone outside of that circle. An 'outsider' would never understand why those of us who share this passion devote as much time as we do to it.
I once dated someone who feigned an interest in Salsa just to get closer to me. When she finally was unable to keep the deception going, it was MAJOR deal-breaker. Eventually she decided that if she wanted to keep me, she had to embrace the dance as I did. She became one of my favorite dance partners and we dated for another ten years off and on.
So yeah, for some it's a very important issue.
 damassteel
Msg: 38 (view)

Fellow men, have you felt this way also??
Posted: 5/22/2012 12:27:45 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed being a dad...I still do in fact. My daughter is 27 and has turned out quite nicely... However I will not date a woman with minor children under the age of 17-18...In my experience they seem not to have the time to devote to a dating relationship... There's just too much to work around for my tastes.
 damassteel
Msg: 37 (view)

Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:51:33 AM

good lingerie will make men oblivious to stretch marks!

Uh... no it won't. That's quite a bit of wishful thinking if ever I heard. The only thing that will make me ignore them is loving the woman they belong to.
 damassteel
Msg: 85 (view)

Used for sex?
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:31:13 AM
I honestly do not believe that I've ever "used" a woman for sex, but that's just my opinion...what has happened are times when I didn't return to a freshly consummated relationship because the sex was just plain BAD, nor did I see the possibility of it improving due to lack of agreement on some very basic and non-negotiable line items on the menu.
 damassteel
Msg: 12 (view)

what senior men want
Posted: 5/20/2012 11:58:27 AM
It's my belief that people place the kind of emphasis on age that they do because of a tendency we humans have to generalize; as in " My uncle(the guy next door, my teacher, the guy who pumps gas, etc.) is 60 and he looks and seems old, because he complains of his health, takes a lot of medications, and generally looks 'tired'; ergo, ALL guys his age must be in a similar way".
I sure no one really thinks these things consciously, but I believe it is the background script running when folks see the age listed as a number.
 damassteel
Msg: 8 (view)

what senior men want
Posted: 5/20/2012 10:44:51 AM
Just as there is no being 100% right, the author of that article is not 100% wrong. If I search my deeper levels, I find I must admit to some of those statements. I would be a liar if I were to say that women my own age attract me, they don't in the main. To me they just look like and remind me of my Mom. Even SHE doesn't look and seem as old as some of the women in my age cohort.
I'm a guy who really watched my diet, consistently exercised , and have been aided by uncommonly good genetics. Hence I do have other options still; and I exercise them. As long as a man can still project youthful energy and masculinity, he will be attractive to very wide range of ages, from young to older. This I know. He'll not be looked upon as "old" but "mature"...HUGE difference. Guys dating younger women only looks wierd and skeevy when he can no longer project that masculine energy and yet he's still trying.
I have drawn the line at ever treating another in a shabby way. I would first choose just not to engage. But yes, a younger woman (For me that would be a woman in her late 30's through mid 50's) is a much better match for me.
 damassteel
Msg: 35 (view)

trendy or girly?
Posted: 5/16/2012 12:50:02 PM
A lot of talk about this lately... I work in a smithy forging steel, so my hands are quite a sight most of the time. Spending time to make them somewhat presentable is a must when preparing for an evening of more genteel pastimes. The pedicure thing too. I'm a dancer, so long toenails and bunions just don't work for me; it makes it painful to dance properly, so I gotta spend time filing those nails and scraping those heels. A splash of cologne never hurt any guy.
 damassteel
Msg: 39 (view)

Are men really willing to wait for sex?
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:03:10 PM

Correction.Some women.

I stand corrected. So far in my history of dating, never more than a month, most often not more than two dates.
 damassteel
Msg: 33 (view)

Are men really willing to wait for sex?
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:15:54 PM
Some good comments here.
I presently am witing for it to happen. Although the dating has only been for about 3 weeks and we've met three times. We've gotten "cozy" and have done a lot of making out, for the time being that's good enough for me. I'm sure if another month rolls by and still no sex, I'll start to question the whole business a bit. At this point in life my libido isn't pounding in my loins a million beats per minute, so that intense presure I was once a slave to has quieted a bit. We really seem to like one another genuinely, so I don't have any doubts that sex will soon become a part of our relationship. But no, the wait is not something that's concerning me(yet).
I 've started to approach dating more like a woman. By that I mean, needing more than raw attraction to keep me interested and really wanting to get to know someone a bit more than I once did before getting sexually involved.
I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but at this point in time emotional safety is a real factor for me and rushing into sex seems not a good idea.
I've had plenty of great sex over my lifetime , so I don't feel like I'm deprived or missing out in any way.
 damassteel
Msg: 2024 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2012 8:12:49 AM
Breezes in the wind
trash and leaves scatter about
urban tumbleweeds.
 damassteel
Msg: 2017 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2012 12:03:23 AM
Still...nibble...POISON!
blood in veins turns to jelly...
slow and silent death.
 damassteel
Msg: 47 (view)

Who is telling us the truth?
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:12:11 PM
Truth???? All you can get here is opinion, observation and ranting. It's up to the asker to decide whether or not any of it is actually usefull. I've been cut to ribbons before on these fora; but I don't take it personally, for I know most who insult, rant and reproach are not very courageous persons. The truly wise and sensitive person feels no need whatever to be gratuitously cruel or rude.
Sometimes I feel that those who need to belittle, insult or otherwise bare their fangs to those who make themselves vulnerable must truly feel powerless themselves. Anything that can be told, can be told in a way that is supportive and affirming of the best quality of humanity. I see those that need to speak from a cynical POV as being quite hurt and damaged themselves, hence it rolls right off of me.
 damassteel
Msg: 102 (view)

Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?
Posted: 3/21/2012 12:49:50 PM
Great topic. I personally have not found that there were that many differences between very attractive women and the so called"very attractive" types. What I can say is the following based only on one instance of my dating a woman who was not what one would describe as classically beautiful. I found her to be very insecure about her appearance around women who were considered very attractive. I dated her because she was personable, VERY intelligent and sexy. She was far from the prettiest woman I have dated, but that did not matter to me; I liked her as she was. That having been said, she complained that I never told her how beautiful she was and she became very upset anytime I paid any attention at all to " more attractive women", even to just chat or say hi.
In the long term it did not work out...it was just to much work to constantly apply salve to her ego... so I went back to dating women I could honestly say I felt were pretty, along with all the other great traits they possessed.
 damassteel
Msg: 1243 (view)

Posted: 1/19/2012 12:54:31 PM
is there more than this?
Unseen dimensions await,
as new worlds unfold.
 damassteel
Msg: 1183 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2012 11:49:04 AM
In the speed of sound
the booming crash behind me,
oops! can't stay for tea.
 damassteel
Msg: 513 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2011 1:54:00 PM
Lovely to behold
And a pleasure to enfold
perfect, in all ways.
 damassteel
Msg: 265 (view)

When does physical attraction stop being so important?
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:15:32 PM
Even at my age it's still important. Being blessed with really good genetics and a strong work ethic for physical discipline, I've kept in very good shape, and this is the kind of partner I want; someone like me, who has maintained their fitness and attractiveness.

I tried dating a woman who I chose for her smarts and genuinely lovely personality; but she was not the kind of pretty woman I'd been used to dating or marrying all my life.
She was very upset over time that I did not gush over her looks, which were frankly to me quite plain. .. I guess some might say "just go ahead and tell her she's pretty", and that's supposed to be better???? Honesty be damned, I guess.
She would not not let go of this issue to the point of driving me away. Now I'm back dating pretty women; it's just easier. I can deliver compliments on looks honestly, along with all the other things about her.
 damassteel
Msg: 23 (view)

Picky about teeth
Posted: 7/22/2011 1:41:56 PM
We're supposed to be repulsed by poor oral hygiene as it is an easy identifier of poor general health and hence a poor mate selection. This stuff is hard wired into our DNA, don't over think it too much.
 damassteel
Msg: 2760 (view)

Haiku Connection part 3 post HERE!!
Posted: 7/21/2011 2:37:52 PM
unwitting, collide.
she's observant, but clueless
we sooo need to talk!
 damassteel

Would you assume that foreigners are less educated?
Posted: 7/11/2011 8:01:30 AM
What is an accent anyway? I'll tell you; every language has it's own set of vocal mechanics. All an accent is, is the brains attempt to adapt a foreign set of vocal mechanics to it's own. If your native tongue lacks a certain sound the new language has, you attempt to substitute it with the nearest equivalent in your own language eg. if your language has no "th" sound, you'll likely replace it with "dd" or "tt"..."mother, father" becomes "mudder fadder".
Up until age 17 these are not fully set in concrete. Anyone who learns a second language before this age will not speak with an accent; afterwards, all bets are off.

As usual, Igorfrankensteen is right on the money with his assessments of the issue at hand.
 damassteel
Msg: 9 (view)

Sex has confused things...I think.?
Posted: 7/11/2011 7:27:02 AM
as I re-read OP's post, I'm also considering how he may be reluctant to break things off for fear he may have a certified stalker.
When a man clearly tells a woman that he's not into her and she just plain ignores him and continues to rationalize the whole thing, a clean break starts to sound like trouble. Like attempted character assassination, Car keying(or worse), stalking...etc.
OP, are you treading lightly because of these kinds of thoughts?
 damassteel
Msg: 2 (view)

Would you assume that foreigners are less educated?
Posted: 7/11/2011 12:52:45 AM
Well if you go by the educational stats compiled recently, the only accent that might make one intellectually suspect is colloquial American English.
We have been consistently out performed by other nations at all levels of education, primary, secondary and higher.
I do business with Russians and speak the language fluently, but with an accent...believe me, none of them take me for an idiot.
I operate in the world with three assumptions; NO one is as dumb as they look. Most are a lot smarter than you think they are. There are no secrets, everybody talks. THE biggest mistake people make is underestimating others.
 damassteel
Msg: 2 (view)

Sex has confused things...I think.?
Posted: 7/11/2011 12:32:51 AM
Sounds like you're all set to be pounced upon for not being a mono-dimensional guy.
For me the bottom line is that you should be in it for your own reasons not just hers.
From my view, if you stay even though you're not "into it", you are seriously whipped; as in not doing what you want to do for your own good.
I dunno, seems pretty clear cut to me.
 damassteel
Msg: 93 (view)

Act like a Lady and Think like a man
Posted: 7/9/2011 8:21:41 AM
this is 2011 and it takes two to make it work.All household bills should be paid together,create a household account and deposit the money it takes to run it,really simple.I would never expect a man to pay for it all,thats crazy talk.

I wish fully understood why some women "get it" and some just don't. And where on Earth did the ones that don't, get their crazy ideas. I read Harvey's book too and I agree with the basic assessment of another poster as far as the major point of his message; that a man must come into a serious relationship with good finances, as ALL participants in that kind of union should, for the mutual benefit of that union.
Oh yeah, I forgot, women bear our children....Get over it already. That's just how it's done amongst mammalian creatures on this planet.
 damassteel
Msg: 72 (view)

Act like a Lady and Think like a man
Posted: 7/8/2011 3:14:12 PM
I agree; READ Igorfrankensteen's post first
That having been said, I'll tell you That Steve Harvey(SH) has got to be THE most p-ssy whipped,wussy dude on the planet. My mom sent me that book as a joke. An absolutely elementary school level piece of, I dunno what.
I can see how some women will be going "Amen brother Steve"while reading it. The kind of woman I was married to would not. We shared house work, child rearing etc. But never money. We each assumed certain fiscal responsibilities that kept things running, but beyond that, what we each earned we kept and managed ourselves. And we NEVER argued about money.
These days it takes two incomes to even hope to attain a "middle class" life. I don't think I'd present an invoice to my wife after taking the kids out for ice cream, but if there were an agreement to share living costs, I'd keep a record and sit down with her and reconcile the accounts monthly. which is how we ran things very successfully for almost 25 years.
 damassteel
Msg: 15 (view)

Friend Zone?
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:56:27 PM
everyone here to a "man" seems thoroughly convinced it's not possible to relocate to a more preferred position, but it can be done, I've done it; more than once.
Firstly, you can't ever develop the "stench of desperation" . No pleading whining or any wussy, lame crap like that. If that happens, even for a moment...forget it. Friend zone is a red light. You cannot go to green from there. You can however change red to "yellow", then to green. There's no guarantees but it's worth a shot and frankly the odds are not in your favor.
Your best strategy is to be a really fun cool guy to be around and not pay a real lot of special attention to her, but hang out in groups or with other women she may even be acquainted with, flirting, busting on them etc. The more popular you become with the others the more your general appeal increases, especially if a few of the others begin returning flirtatious gestures.
Eventually she may begin wondering what do they have she ain't got and begin reassessing your potential. You've got to be long on patience without seeming at all concerned about the whole business ; ya know, play it cool.
But...still be very tuned-in to her reactions to you and reading her accurately. It's a long shot to be sure, but it ain't impossible. If and when she softens or changes, you'll know it.
 damassteel
Msg: 15 (view)

Ladies is it worth it?
Posted: 7/6/2011 3:55:33 PM
And...just to add a bit more from experience; I've been able to "reverse the curse", so to say, when the "friend" starts to see how other women are starting to pay you attention, every now and then the friend may actually reconsider her original assessment of your BF potential...it happens.
 damassteel

Ladies is it worth it?
Posted: 7/6/2011 3:45:13 PM
Hey man, go ahead be that friend...you can make it work for you... with other desirable women in your midst when you go hanging out with this one. It's good to be seen with attractive women around you even if they're just friends. Enjoy her company, bust on her, tease her, be a bit flirty too, but not "seriously".
Aside from having a good time hanging out, your stock will go up with other more available women, as they will see you as a fun and interesting guy to be around who is comfortable with and not "spooked" by hotties. Win all around
 damassteel
Msg: 63 (view)

Straight men and Anal play - yay or nay?
Posted: 6/28/2011 10:10:15 AM
I'm not into it. It's got nothing to do with any kind of "Gay" thing. For me, it's just way too intense and distracting.
 damassteel
Msg: 56 (view)

What do they see when they look in the mirror?
Posted: 6/28/2011 10:05:45 AM
I do not lie about my age. In fact, I'm proud to say I'm the age I am. I feel I'm about in as good a shape as a guy my age can possibly be. Looking in the mirror I can see the changes time has wrought upon my body and face; So? We age, I'm over it already. But I do have confidence that I do all I can to be strong, flexible and hardy...What else can one do?
 damassteel
Msg: 36 (view)

I slept with him -- Now what?
Posted: 6/25/2011 9:47:05 PM
Go with the flow... I've lot's of long meaningful relationships that began with unexpected sex. It doesn't need to be all that loaded...relax.
 damassteel
Msg: 18 (view)

No sex for you! Damn I wish you had told me that earlier.
Posted: 6/25/2011 9:40:37 PM
In my experience when a woman is ready to have sex with me, whether she says it explicitly or not(most often not)I know it. I can tell just from the way we're interacting whether or not it's going to be on that particular dates agenda. Frankly, I've never found myself guessing about when we were going to be getting to it. It's been my experience that she's sending all kinds of signals that indicate the state of her readiness; either way, they tend to be pretty obvious.
 damassteel
Msg: 8 (view)

Has dating changed for you at this
Posted: 6/19/2011 9:35:53 PM
This subject sure has been on my mind these days. What I find is there are a lot of things I simply have no intention of compromising about; all stuff I would've been much more open to negotiations on in my younger years. Now... I just want it the way I want it and sometimes that means I gotta cut you loose if you're not down with the plan so to say.
I have to say, I'm calmer more at peace and really embracing this new "I can take them or leave them" way of being.
So yeah, dating has changed for me. Did any of you think it was going to be the same??? That would just be crazy!
 damassteel
Msg: 937 (view)

what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 6/18/2011 2:07:09 PM
Of course people can do anything they like with their bodies, even tattoo them. I've seen many tattooed bodies that look very interesting...now. However I shudder to think of what they'll look like in another 50 years when all that skin starts in to sagging and wrinkling...

Show ALL Forums