Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: why not?
 skymaninnc
Msg: 5 (view)

why not?
Posted: 12/15/2012 9:24:43 AM
I believe it is more effective if you were to list some of your favorite bands or singers than to say I like all types of music. Same with movies...list The Green Mile, Taking Chance, Halloween, Gone With the Wind rather than saying I like movies.

Usually, people are looking for ways to connect with the person who's profile they are reading. The more opportunitie you list for connections the better you will find the one you are looking for. I remember I received a unsolicited letter from a woman 1500 miles away simply because I listed Israel Kammakaweewo'ole as a favorite.

Check out my profile for more examples...

Steve
 skymaninnc
Msg: 4 (view)

why not?
Posted: 12/15/2012 9:14:43 AM
You are making some head way for sure!

I think you may be better off writing your sentences in a paragraph form rather than a list. I think it would flow easier and would help you to organize like thoughts together. (There are several you could group together.)

I would avoid all negative sentiments...they tend to turn people off.

On a nicer note I like you! I wish I could find someone close to my age that was as cool as you seem to be. I think most men serious about finding a real relationship would enjoy your outlook and your humor.

Don't be afraid to look at other profiles to get some ideas, and steal a few along the way.

Good luck to you!
Steve
 skymaninnc
Msg: 2 (view)

why not?
Posted: 12/15/2012 7:22:09 AM
Before I could even look at this profile objectively I would have to be able to read it. The grammar, total lack of capitalization, sentence structure etc makes it a very difficult read. If you want to copy and paste into a word or some other type of document then run spell/grammar check, it would be much easier to understand.

Think of your profile as kind of an application. Not for a job, but for someone who will imact your life in a positive way. Would you send out a job application that was written in partial sentences and just a mumbo jumbo of fracture phrases? No, you wouldn't so please take care of that first and then I bet many people would be glad to participate in a review.

You seem like a pretty cool person and intelligent but the way it is written is a detriment to a serious candidate.
 skymaninnc
Msg: 39 (view)

Is it pointless?
Posted: 10/28/2011 7:37:31 PM
What started out as seeking advice has become something out of a horror story. Personally I think you came here looking for an argument rather than seeking help. I found your profile to be pretty good and you should just let it stand on its own merit. One thing I have learned in my 60 years on earth is that there is someone for everyone. Just put your profile out there and see what happens. You were honest in your posting by saying you are transgender...that right there says enough. The right person will read it. It may take awhile because transgender is not a choice where it says man or woman. Perhaps PoF should expand the options. In that way other transgenders or men seeking transgenders or just men seeking women would have another option to search.

The person who encouraged you to put more interests was right on. I once had a lady 1500 miles away from me send me a note just because I had Israel Kamakiwewo'ole listed as a favorite singer. You never know what will catch someone's eye. We are all looking for things that "connect" us to the profiler. Instead of saying you like movies list three or four of your favorite flicks. The better your interests the more chance of connecting. Instead of saying theatre...try listing your favorite plays or ballets.

Good Luck...and be positive. I think your pictures are cute so its a matter of time until the right man comes along.
 skymaninnc
Msg: 19 (view)

tell me its not my looks
Posted: 1/15/2011 9:55:40 PM
To be honest...I think you went backwards with this update. Its too surreal and many capitalization, spelling errors have crept back into it. Overall, now you sound like a dreamer instead of the goal oriented version you had 6 months ago. Maybe others will check it out for you, but I found it hard to follow what you were saying...sorry!
 skymaninnc
Msg: 3 (view)

Used have had a really good amount of success, profile was solid... now..not sure? I blame it on pof
Posted: 1/15/2011 9:39:30 PM
To be honest I would suggest a complete rewrite. There are many spelling, capitalization and grammar issues.

You talk about how successful you will be...I wouldn't have that in there because there are no guarantee that will happen. Your whole job thing is confusing. You list security for now...then you want to end up in electronics, but now you are pursuing pharmaceuticals. Its all very hard to follow. No one expects you to be this super successful guy at your age and its great you have goals, but somehow make this all less mumble jumble.

I would suggest some other less "gangsta" photos as I believe these photos make you look very immature. Maybe its time to actively pursue your dream career and grow up a little.

Good luck!
 skymaninnc

Whats wrong with my profile
Posted: 1/15/2011 9:23:01 PM
As an intelligent man I would suggest you run a spell-check, grammar program on your entire profile. If one is to say he is intelligent, then grammar and spelling may be the place to start to prove it. (I see at least 2 or 3 mistakes in this note you put out)

Spelling and grammar are very important...you wouldn't send out a resume with mistakes in it would you? It gives people a feeling of laziness...just saying...

You do seem to have many cool interests though.

Good luck!
 skymaninnc

what do you think of my profile?
Posted: 1/15/2011 9:06:57 PM
Although I do agree with the other gentlemen about the length of your profile, I do find you very interesting and that was what kept me reading all the way through to the end. So, I guess in my case anyway...I would definitely send you an email even with the length. Besides, I love the "new chin" reference. I think you are adorable!

Steve
 skymaninnc

Improving my profile
Posted: 1/15/2011 8:55:16 PM
A couple things jump out at me:

First, it hurts more than helps if you have photos of your arm around very cute girls. Especially since you don't say anything like...with my sister at a swim meet. I would replace those two shots with other shots of you.

Secondly, in your interest area instead of saying "music" be more specific listing favorite bands, singers or whatever. Same thing with movies or books. You want the ladies to "connect" with you and giving these examples will hopefully do that. I remember that I once received a note from a lady who contacted me strictly because I had listed Israel Kamakiwewo'ole as a favorite singer. Can you imagine that? Most people have never heard of him...

Good Luck!
Steve
 skymaninnc

Constructive criticisms on an unsuccessful profile?
Posted: 1/15/2011 8:43:34 PM
Your profile sounds fine...the photos were already covered.

One thing that may be a turn off to some ladies is the photo with the rifle. It looks like a serious weapon to me. I don't know if its really an issue or not...just saying...
 skymaninnc

Review & Help Please
Posted: 1/15/2011 8:38:59 PM
With what you are looking for you may be better off trying other adult sites. Since this is a dating site your profile will probably not get much response. Even at that you may want to add photos of yourself.
 skymaninnc
Msg: 6 (view)

women only - please review my profile - thank you
Posted: 8/21/2010 7:29:01 PM
Well, I am only a guy, but you need recent photos. Who cares about what you looked like 21 years ago, or 6 years ago? Have a friend, or pay someone to take a head shot, a full body shot and several photos doing what you enjoy doing.
 skymaninnc

women only - please review my profile - thank you
Posted: 8/21/2010 7:25:48 PM
From forum rules...

All requests for a review cannot exclude anyone from reviewing it or only ask for a certain segment of the users to review it.

Now, don't you feel dumb?
 skymaninnc

Here I am....again
Posted: 7/17/2010 6:59:15 PM
This is your third thread in three days. You really should read up on the rules...one thread allowed.
 skymaninnc

how does my profile look?
Posted: 7/17/2010 6:57:15 PM
From the Profile Review Rules at the top of the page:

"All requests for a review cannot exclude anyone from reviewing it or only ask for a certain segment of the users to review it."
 skymaninnc

a womans opinion please
Posted: 7/17/2010 6:55:24 PM
From the profile review rules:

All requests for a review cannot exclude anyone from reviewing it or only ask for a certain segment of the users to review it.

When reviewers see comments directed to one segment they tend to ignore giving you advice. I for one have at least 6 items that I would have brought to your attention.

I suggest you ask a moderator to delete this request and start another thread that just asks for advice.
 skymaninnc
Msg: 7 (view)

Only nasty guys responding/writing - help!
Posted: 7/17/2010 6:45:05 PM
1. only cleavage shots in photos
2. Looking for a married guy
3. Wants dating, but nothing serious
4. Limited interests
5. Doesn't know what to put in the about me section

One thing for sure...if you are serious (and like YGF, I don't see that from your profile) then maybe a starting point after you get new photos not showing breasts might be the interest section. I would list anywhere from 15-30 interests. You know you have that many. Then in the about you section don't say...funny movies, tell us what those funny movies are. Don't say music...tell us your fav bands or singers. Don't say you like to read, tell us your favorite authors or what book you would read over and over and why. Personally I think the interest section is the most important part (after photos..1 good head shot, 1 full body shot, and several showing you doing the things you like). Your reader is looking for something to connect with you. The more interests, the better chance for a connection.

IMHO, you should start all over including the by-line. Seriously, you sound like you are looking for booty calls. Try reading profile tips at the top of the page and believe it or not...try reading the reviewer's profiles. Most times they are really good.

Good luck!
Steve
 skymaninnc

Hit me with your best shot ... Fire Away girls
Posted: 7/11/2010 12:27:06 PM
My reference on the graduate degree was simply that its obvious from the way you write that you are an intelligent guy. That being said, as an intelligent guy it should be easy for you to find a way to add some quality photos that are recent or new and upload them. I did not mean that comment in a negative tone...just that someone like you really has no excuse for bad photos.

If you read the profile rules you will find that it isn't against the rules to have a female give her point of view. Howver you can't single out any one group. Just saying...
 skymaninnc

Hit me with your best shot ... Fire Away girls
Posted: 7/11/2010 10:40:20 AM
I believe you will find its against the rules of forums to target responses only from one group...such as women. But I will give you my two cents worth anyway. You need new pictures...the ones you have are either old or hard to see. This will come across as a bit of laziness. Since you have a graduate degree, it should be easy for you to have a friend take several photos of you and upload them. No photo should be more than say...12-18 months old. I would suggest a good clear head (By yourself...no one elses's arm)shot for your main picture, at least one full body shot and the rest doing the things you enjoy doing. You got the right idea on photos they just aren't very good.

You may want to expand more on your interests. IMHO...interest section is the most important thing after photos. When readers are looking at your profile they WANT to make a connection with you. So maybe list them in your interest section and then expand a little in the about me section. For example...don't say books, tell who your favorite authors are or what book you would read over and over again and why. See what I mean? Don't say travel, tell us where your next stop will be or where you were when you saw the most beautiful sunset. The more defined your interests, the better chance for that connection.

The rest of your profile is pretty good...

Good Luck!
 skymaninnc

hey
Posted: 7/8/2010 6:24:39 PM
and you still have the bare chest photo...
 skymaninnc

Pls review my profile!i need help!
Posted: 7/7/2010 7:55:00 PM
I know I reviewed your profile already so this must be a new thread...which is against the rules. I suggest you bump up your old profile and maybe message the moderator to delete this one.
 skymaninnc
Msg: 10 (view)

Review please :)
Posted: 7/7/2010 7:48:24 PM
Give it some time!
 skymaninnc

Posted: 7/4/2010 5:49:59 PM
An amazing turn around from your first version! Others may want to look at it now since its a real profile!

Good Luck!
 skymaninnc

Posted: 7/4/2010 10:26:04 AM
Keep in mind that the "Interest" section is very important...at least 15-25 would be good. Don't say movies...list your favorite movie titles, actors or whatever. Don't say music, tell us what bands or singers you enjoy listening to. What kinds of ethnic foods do you like? Have you traveled? If yes, tell them where. Your readers are looking for a way to connect with you through your interests...the more interests the better the chance to connect.

Also try reading your reviewer's profiles...most of the regular reviewers have excellent profiles and you get some ideas from them.

Good luck!
 skymaninnc

Profile wrong?
Posted: 7/4/2010 10:16:51 AM
Hmmm...I would suggest you read the profile tips section. Then perhaps star over utilizing those suggestions. You need better pictures...the one with the pink cowboy hat should be burned (lol).

You have only 5 interests? This is an important section because readers are looking for a place to connect to you. The more interests, the better the chance for a connection. I would also suggest you are specific with them...don't say music, tell us the bands or singers you enjoy. Don't say movies, tell us favorite film titles, favorite director, a movie you would watch over and over etc. Try listing anywhere from 15-40 interests.

Perhaps you could expand on the about me section...a few well designed paragraphs would help immensely and one paragraph discussing in detail what you are looking for in a partner.

Try reading the profiles of your reviewers...they usually have a decent one and you may get some ideas from them.
 skymaninnc

Posted: 7/4/2010 10:07:32 AM
I would suggest you read the profile tips and then do a total new re-write. I would also change your name...Mr Mouse sounds weird.

You are not really giving much information about you or the type of person you are looking for. Thee interest section is very important...list between 12 and 30 of them. Read reviewers profiles too. They can be very useful. The profile tips section will really be helpful with getting you started on the right path. After you have done this bump your request and am sure others will be willing to help you.
 skymaninnc

A little help, please, with a work in progress
Posted: 7/4/2010 4:29:35 AM
I think the way you put those bullets from your first draft into paragraph form is so much better! Your humor comes out still but it is much less negative.

You'll be fine...good job! Now since you are a photography buff...you can get to work on those! Have some fun with it but include at least one full body shot.

Steve
 skymaninnc
Msg: 13 (view)

Am I doing something wrong?
Posted: 7/3/2010 2:06:21 PM
Thank you Sarah for responding to my request. First off, I have removed the words "will choose" from my profile. If you had read my original profile there were instances that people pointed out some items that may have sounded controlling when what I meant to convey was something altogether different. By listening to what the reviewers said I had changed the wording to better state what I meant. Even now...if you read my profile you wouldn't see any examples of a controlling nature other than the one you mentioned. Although in that case I didn't find it to be controlling but was trying to establish that spending time doing whatever was really important to me. Hopefully, the new wording will be less offensive.

As far as the 32 -58 listed, it was strictly an oversight. I didn't notice that or a couple other restrictions I had at the time. As soon as someone mentioned it, I immediately removed ALL restrictions. To clarify, I do email women in my age range...typically plus or minus.

I realize that creating a profile is a challenge that takes time. I have continuously sought advice in making those changes. In your response you suggested changing my photos. Could you be more specific as to what is wrong with the ones I have posted? I tried to show several headshots, a couple body shots, and a couple having fun. I would appreciate your thoughts on how to improve them. I simply cannot change how I look. I know I am not the most handsome man in the world and I am fine with who I am, but because I smoke 5 cigarettes a day does not mean I am COPD material, have heart problems or anything else. My blood pressure is 115 over 65, my heart rate at rest is 57 beats a minute. My cholestrol is at 134, with a good to bad rating of 3 to 1. I refuse to take any medication including aspirins or aleve or pain killers after having wisdom teeth pulled. I walk a minimum of 7 miles a day, lift 40 pound boxes all day long, load and unload semis all day long. I cut my son's grass every week for the sheer enjoyment of the exercise. So even though I am no longer 25 years old I am in far better shape than most guys my age. I also watch my diet very well and other than a few Lipton Citrus Teas (high in anti-oxidants) every day take very little sugar into my body. Your comments on my health are certainly your opinion and I respect your right to express it. However, since you really know very little about me I think your comments went a little too far. But hey, I asked for input and you gave it.

I would appreciate your input on improving my photos...
Respectfully, Steve
 skymaninnc

A little help, please, with a work in progress
Posted: 7/3/2010 12:04:36 PM
Hi Zippy!

Overall your profile is pretty good. I would like to make a couple suggestions:

1. Is there a way you could take the "About you" section and put it into paragraph form? I think it would be a much better read. I would either take the burp or fart comment and eliminate it or change it to something like bodily functions making you laugh...something like that. Any comments depicting even the slightest negativity should be removed. Those kind of statements don't come across well.

2. I would also suggest that in your interest section you give specific examples. For instance...instead of saying movies, list a few of the movies you would watch over and over. Instead of saying music...list the specific bands or singers you enjoy. People reading your profile want to "connect" with you. The more specific your interests the better chance you have making that connection. Believe it or not I once received an unsolicited email from a lady 1500 miles away simply because I listed Israel Kamakawiwo'ole as a favorite singer! Who would have ever guessed that? Most people have no idea who he was!

Anyway...I like your profile as is, however I think if you make a few changes you will have an incredible one! Ah...to be 20 years younger! Good luck in the pond!

Steve
 skymaninnc

UK profile review please :)
Posted: 7/3/2010 11:49:06 AM
As previously mentioned, your photos are excellent.

My only suggestions would be:

1. Put in a paragraph giving more insight as to the kind of person you are looking for.
2. Write a little more about interests. For example...instead of saying films talk to what film would you watch over and over and why. List some favorite actors etc. Remember, the serious reader will be looking for ways to connect with you so the more you write about your interests the better the chance to make that all allusive connection.

Good luck...overall you have an excellent profile imho!
 skymaninnc
Msg: 12 (view)

Am I doing something wrong?
Posted: 7/3/2010 11:41:44 AM
I wanted to take a moment to thank the many qualified reviewers for helping me come up with a profile that shows me for who I am and what I seek. I have just finished adding some photos and would like to hear what you all think. Remember, anyone can walk around looking Matt Damon...but it takes courage to walk around looking like me!

Thanks,
Steve
 skymaninnc

pull no punches
Posted: 7/1/2010 7:35:59 PM
Personally, I like your profile. There are many interests to which the reader could connect to. I think you are a very attractive woman, keep yourself in good shape, but you do need better pictures. Maybe a couple close-up headshots and a few showing you doing the things you like to do.

If you only lived closer, I would have written to you already. Good luck in the pond...I love the Quantum Physics reference!

Steve
 skymaninnc

clean hair and own teeth !
Posted: 6/22/2010 6:28:56 PM
Your main picture is supposed to be a clear headshot of you. You actually can be reported for not having the headshot as your main photo.

You actually put freeloader as a profession? Okay...no photo of you unless you are a canine and then you don't have a job either? No wonder you haven't had much luck...you are dreaming my friend...
 skymaninnc

hey
Posted: 6/16/2010 8:38:43 PM
First off, I would run your profile through a spell checker and correct all thos capitalization errors. Secondly, I believe the bare chest photo may be against PoF rules.
 skymaninnc

Rip it apart and I'll rebuild it
Posted: 6/12/2010 1:08:11 PM
I think its pretty good as written.
 skymaninnc

Ladies - Can I have my profile given the once over please?
Posted: 6/11/2010 6:01:55 PM
I am a guy, but I will give you a couple things I noticed. First I suggest better photographs. You are allowed 8. I suggest 1 or 2 headshots, a full body shot and some doing things that interest you. The photos you have now look like they are old...or maybe just blurry. Secondly, I think the age restriction may hurt you. Your range goes way younger to three years younger. Most would find it odd that you would date some 10 years younger, but not even your own age. I think I would just remove the restriction altogether.

Other than those few things and the earlier reviewer comments, you have a pretty good profile!
 skymaninnc

Oh no, not another profile review request!
Posted: 6/11/2010 5:56:16 PM
Besides what the others have said...I would suggest putting all those interests in the interest box. They are searchable! Then you could remove some of the length of your profile. 12-20 interests are good. Just type them in the interest box with a comma after each and there ya go...a nice list of interests. Remember, people are looking to make a connection with you. The more interests, the better the chance of connecting.

Good luck...
 skymaninnc

Review me please :)
Posted: 6/9/2010 4:36:37 PM
I would suggest you read the profile tips at the top of the profile review page. There are many great ideas that you may benefit from.

To be honest, I would scrap the whole profile and start over with new pictures (without any girls in them). Maybe 1 or 2 head shots, a full body shot (with a shirt on since bare chests are forbidden in POF), and several doing the things you like.

I know you don't want to sound like everyone else, but the end result you want is to find someone to be with and I am afraid your current profile does nothing to help you.

Don't take this advice as mean...I am just being honest and your profile has too many things wrong with it as it stands. After you read the tips and make another attempt at the profile I am sure many others will give their advice too! Try checking out profiles of those who review you. Many of them have excellent profiles and they can be a valuable source for ideas!

Good Luck!
 skymaninnc

Keep or Lose Picture?
Posted: 6/8/2010 8:22:45 PM
In my humble opinion I think everyone can see you have a great body without the photo in question. You are handsome and any girl who is real will see your body is great just from the other pics.

Like the lady said...that photo is against the rules just like targeting a specific group for profile review. Just saying....you don't need that picture! Notice the controversy it has generated? Why even consider it then?
 skymaninnc

20-something female's opinion
Posted: 6/8/2010 8:11:59 PM
Even though I am not a 20-something female I will still give you my opinion. Your profile sucks! It tells nothing much about you at all and even less of what you are looking for in a female.

1. You are not looking for anything serious which translates to many women as sex.
2. Your interests are very limited. Even when you say music, you don't tell what you like. So maybe you could list some of your favorite bands or singers instead of what you don't like. Interests are very important since they give the reader something to possibly connect to you with. The more interests, the better the chance of a connection. Try listing at least 15-20.
3. Look at some of your reviewers profiles for some ideas. Usually they have very good profiles!
4. I would suggest more photos...you have 8 so try 1 or 2 good clear head shots, at least one full body shot and several doing things you enjoy doing.
5. Once you list interests, talk about some of them in your about me section. Don't just say books...tell them your favorite ones or what book you would read over and over.
6. As far as length maybe 4-6 paragraphs without spelling or grammar mistakes and at least one of them should talk about the kind of girl you are looking for.
7. I would get rid of that whole section about not even having your own room. That hurts you more than you would ever imagine!

Good luck...without these or similar changes you will certainly need it!
 skymaninnc

Need New Bait
Posted: 6/6/2010 4:41:48 AM
Oh, I forgot...10,000 text messages a month comes out to 322 text messages per day. I don't know if I would share that in person let alone in your profile. Some guy is gonna wonder how you will find time for him between all that texting. That's 20 texts an hour if I figure you are sleeping 8 hours a day. Wow! I'm just saying....
 skymaninnc

Need New Bait
Posted: 6/5/2010 10:36:55 PM
Good Evening!

Whenever I look at a profile the first thing I look at after the photo is the interest section. Here is why...I am looking for a way to connect with the person behind the profile. I try to keep alot of interests at least 15-25 figuring the more interests I list, the better chance I will have of connecting.

Do you like literature? or movies? If so, what are your favorite movies...what book would you read over and over again? You say you like the beach...what was your favorite beach you have visited and why? What was the most beautiful sunset you have seen? I change my interests as I evolve. Do you like ethnic foods...perhaps tell us why you love belly dancing so much. I once had an unsolicited email from a gal strictly because I had listed Israel Kamakiwewo'ole as a favorite singer. Most people have no clue who that guy was. I think its a good example of the connection theory.

I guess what I am saying is there isn't much for a guy to see who you really are, and what you want out of a relationship or what makes you unique. I would suggest you try reading some of the profiles of the people who review your profile. Many of them have outstanding profiles. Your photos are good...I could see you understand how important they are.

Good Luck!
 skymaninnc

need a womans perspective of my profile.
Posted: 6/5/2010 10:22:04 PM
Sara:

I have viewed so many of your profiles. You always seem to give good advice. I am taken back somewhat by a couple of your comments. When I speak of "Old-fashioned values" I think of a person who wants to stay at home and be a mom. Let's face it...there are women who want to do that. In such a case there is nothing wrong with that. We all have our own ideas of how to live our lives. In fact, I was very specific in telling this young man several times about how he was offending people.

Secondly, I was surprised at the Oh, and many of them are the same age as the guy posting above me. Perhaps you would care to enlighten me as to what you meant by that statement since you really don't know me at all.

When I read his profile I was shocked to be quite honest, but I tried to give him a real profile review without showing too much negativity. Did I say something that offended you? If that is the case I apologize for that was never my intention to do so.

Steve
 skymaninnc

How's my profile?
Posted: 6/5/2010 8:49:03 PM
Loves Jersey's response...
 skymaninnc

need a womans perspective of my profile.
Posted: 6/5/2010 8:39:53 PM
The first thing...run the entire profile through a spell/grammar checker. Would you send out your resume without doing so?

Next...I would suggest you nix all and any negatives you have. You sound like you are a whiner.

Third...Try talking about your interests. Readers are looking for something to connect to you with. The more interests the better the chance you will connect. All you are giving is what you don't want or making comments that most women will find offensive.

An earlier reviewer, who is very good at this by the way, suggested you read the profile writing tips. You may want to consider doing that because you are hitting on a lot of the don'ts.

You are a nice looking guy and there is nothing wrong with wanting "old-fashioned values", but there just has to be a better way of stating that than what you wrote. Check out the reviewers profiles. Most of them have very good profiles. A good profile takes time to create...and lots of tweaking. Good luck, but please tone down all the negatives.
 skymaninnc

Could use some input...
Posted: 6/4/2010 4:46:22 AM
Your profile looks much better now! I do agree with Sara about the couple thoughts on your ex...they don't really need to be there at all. However, it didn't really bother me or anything. Your profile now gives a great picture of who you are, shows your sense of humor and the kind of guy you are looking for...

I like it!
Steve
 skymaninnc

Could use some input...
Posted: 6/3/2010 8:04:48 PM
Good Evening!

First off...photos! I suggest you have one or two head shots, one full body shot and a few poses doing the things you like to do. This is probably the most important part of your profile. Have a friend take some pictures for you.

Secondly, You only have a few interests listed. Perhaps you can take that up to 12-30! You know many things interest you so list them here! What kinds of music, authors/books, movies, TV shows, traveling favorite places you have visited, Cirque du Soleil, sunsets, Origami, festivals and on and on and on! This is another very important part of your profile because these interests are searchable as well as a "Connection" point for your readers. The more interests the better chance you have to connect with someone.

I would eliminate any kind of negativity...it doesn't go well here. Try reading the profiles of the people who review you. Those people usually have a pretty decent profile and will give you ideas to use in your profile.

Use humor...it helps us to see you are a fun person! Usually three to five paragraphs is enough information. Leave some things for actual communication. I would suggest paragraphs about what you like and about you and then the final paragraph should be about the person you are looking for. Instead of listing music...tell us what song you would listen to over and over or instead of saying I like to read, say...A book that keeps me up at night is....

Good luck in the pond!
Steve
 skymaninnc
Msg: 9 (view)

Honest review please.
Posted: 5/28/2010 2:50:00 PM
I think its a fair representation of who you are and what you are looking for. That's what I was shooting for in my profile. You had humor, and yet I could genuinely get an idea you are a good guy who wants to find someone eventually to share your life with...
 skymaninnc

Honest review please.
Posted: 5/28/2010 12:25:44 PM
It looks much better now, however there are still a couple of capitalization problems...but much better.

Good luck...
 skymaninnc
Msg: 8 (view)

Can you please review my profile?
Posted: 5/28/2010 11:41:31 AM
You seem like an intelligent young woman. So I don't get photo 4. The one in the slip and the cold weather indicator showing. Personally its a little confusing because you talk about when guys write you and tell you how beautiful you are and then you delete them and then there's this photo leaving little to the imagination. I just think you are above posting a photo like that. Concentrate more on giving guys a ton of interests and hopefully those interests will give us guys something to connect to. I would eliminate any negativity from your profile.

Show ALL Forums