Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: I got one! (on this site)
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 63 (view)

I got one! (on this site)
Posted: 5/9/2011 3:51:14 PM

Any girl worth keeping will NOT stick around if you treat her poorly.

Any girl that you treat good will dump you for a jerk-off who will mistreat her, I know from experience. Women do not like men who treat them good either! That has been a proven fact!
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 13 (view)

tired of being alone
Posted: 5/9/2011 3:44:31 PM
Look @ the good side of being single @ least you can do what you want & when you want
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 84 (view)

you deserve better= bullshit... Convince me otherwise
Posted: 5/2/2011 8:46:49 PM
When a person tells you that "you deserve better", just reply with " yeah you are absolutely right, I deserve someone a whole heluva lot better than you, thank you for pointing that out, have a nice life" I have heard this line a lot & Yes, I use to get irritated with it. Now when I hear it, ill just throw it back into her court with that reply & walk away because I'm the one that did not loose out, she did.
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 12 (view)

Don't want to meet new people :(
Posted: 5/1/2011 11:35:22 AM

Well then ... if you haven't got a question then maybe this should be deleted.

Well then........maybe you should be deleted for being rude to this person!
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 21 (view)

Fell in love with best friend..
Posted: 5/1/2011 10:42:10 AM

urrently, I'm slowly getting involved with a man whom I have absolutely NOTHING in common with. He's a high school football coach with three kids all under the age of 18, lives in another state and can take or leave the water. He's never owned a jet ski nor had a boat and doesn't give a rat's booty about the Coast Guard which I'm obsessed with. I live in Florida, hate football with a passion and live for the water. What we DO have in common is this: 39 years of a solid foundation of friendship. He knows my mother, my father and my brother. We met as teenagers and have seen each other throughout our high school days, college days, marriages (not to each other) and our divorces. We've stayed in close touch with each other for that many years. :) We've never had an argument nor disrespected each other...ever. I also trust this man with my life.

We're both now in a position where the universe has lined up the stars for us and we're finally both emotionally ready to see if we can take our relationship to another level. We're both 52 and met when we were 14 so don't discount the fact that you may not be with your friend down the road. He's flying in to spend a few days with me next month and if things work the way we think they will between us then we're writing a romance novel together that will put Nicholas Sparks to shame. Last night he told me that I was the one that got away and he doesn't want that to happen again. Let her go on and get the life experience she needs in order to be ready for you down the road (and you as well) because I definitely believe in fate having a hand where our destiny is concerned. Also, him being able to bench press 375 lbs. to my paltry 23 lbs. doesn't hurt either. I wuvs a strong man. :)

Kytten, I hear about stories like yours a lot from your generation. One thing you need to understand is this person is in a different generation that what you are. Most of the people in the generation( gen xers & gen yers) remain in the category once that he is put into, ie. once you get friended ,9 out of 10 times,you will be there until the end, I know it sucks but unfortunately that is one of the few different things that the xers & yers have with the baby-boomers.
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2011 10:28:37 AM
Best thing to do is "tell her to have a nice life & you will not be seeing her again." It will take time but @ your age you will eventually move on.
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 337 (view)

Why is a decent girlfriend so hard to find?
Posted: 4/29/2011 5:19:48 PM
@ 37 years old & after numerous failed relationships & a failed marriage, is it still even worth the heartache, frustration, & disappointment to still try & find "the one" ?
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 15 (view)

Does it get better??
Posted: 4/23/2011 11:03:57 PM
It gets better if you want it to get better
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 31 (view)

does anyone know what real love is
Posted: 4/23/2011 2:17:53 AM
I had went through the same thing, it makes you not want to ever trust or let a woman get close to you after having it done. To add insult to injury I had gotten the BS talk about" you are a nice guy & I'm sure you will find someone one day" & put in the "friends" category. True love nowadays hardly exists(only in the movies), all it is about is lust & money. It used to be friends & lovers were in the same category & men & women showed & treat each other with love & respect, nowadays ,it's women are madly in love with pricks who mistreat them & the do not want a man that is "nice." True love has done become a thought in the past, it is a shame.
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 4/23/2011 2:04:35 AM
I know how you feel, there is nothing more frustrating & hurtful than to be put in a "friends" category. Sadly, nowadays when a female "friends" you, you will more than likely remain there. Sounds like she is like most modern day females that go for men that are pricks & friend the ones who are "nice" to them. I would just find a way to just cut her off( I know it is hard to do) & try to move on. Yes, POF gets frustrating, that is why I just use it for the forums because I have gotten "friended " plenty of times on here myself. I would try to concentrate on other things. I also see the good side of being single also, you get to do what you when you want.
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 24 (view)

Being defriended on FB
Posted: 4/22/2011 9:13:32 PM
It never bothers me because I know it is the "defreinders" loss, not mine. Facebook needs to have an option when someone "defriends" you a box should appear to the one doing the "defriending" saying " Do not let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, good riddance."
 ghostrider73a7x
Msg: 33 (view)

What give a person a right to call after they ended the relationship?
Posted: 4/22/2011 8:55:59 PM
I've had ex-girlfriends still call me wanting stuff like money & I told them to go ask the jerk off you dumped me for or go work a street corner.
 freedomswings73
Msg: 48 (view)

pof is just a waste of time
Posted: 2/1/2010 9:10:47 AM

Thats really funny coming from a man. Please spare us the crap coming out of your mouth.Women are very perseptive, we can smell jerks from a mile away. If a girl is playing games with you, good. Where do you think we learned it from? MEN. You obviously dont have that much to offer. No man really does.

Please spare us your $#!t comming out of your mouth.Women like yourself are the reason why men are like they are in the first place.

I havent met a man yet whose worth my time and energy.

& you are not worth any man's time & energy either.
 freedomswings73
Msg: 112 (view)

She won't write back!
Posted: 2/1/2010 8:26:38 AM
Well from seeing this thread had started 5 years ago, I assume this guy must have said f#@k it! lol
 freedomswings73
Msg: 43 (view)

pof is just a waste of time
Posted: 1/31/2010 6:00:34 PM

The women on here all say they are looking for the perfect guy but fail to actually go further than saying just as much. There is only so much one can do to try to gain another's attention. I think the main problem we face is there are to many cracked out f*ckheads that lie about who they are. We have broken their trust and in turn we lose out. I have sent countless messages with no reply. Its obvious they were read. I didn't say anything wrong... but at the same time.. no reply? I at least have the common decency to reply to the messages I get explaining why I disagree with why we arnt a good match.. etc. I feel that women use this site as a tool to make themselves feel good about being desirable rather then actually taking the steps to get a guy.

Crashton, I agree & I agree with the OP too. This site can be very frustrating. I had been on this site for almost a year & all I have gotten is one reply & the rest was
profile view/ no reply. It just seems women in the area of my state are very stuck up, snobby, & want a man that is 6'0" tall & with no flaws.
 freedomswings73
Msg: 166 (view)

Americans Are Spoiled: A Depression will do us good!
Posted: 1/31/2010 5:31:59 PM

Ron Paul was the ONLY man for the job of President.

I voted for Paul in the primaries, and I will do so again.

Ron Paul stands for the American people unlike the rest. Ron Paul 2012!
 freedomswings73
Msg: 220 (view)

Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?
Posted: 1/31/2010 1:29:25 PM
I am 36 years old & after a failed marriage & numerous failed relationships, being alone for the rest of my life goes through my mind everyday.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 32 (view)

Unrequited Love- the cruelest of love stories
Posted: 1/13/2010 12:46:11 AM
I had a woman leave me while I was having surgery( after she had promised to be there), just to wake up with a text message saying that she had left the state with someone else. All I have ever wanted was for me to give my love to a woman & have her show me the same.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 2 (view)

Men get screwed too,
Posted: 1/13/2010 12:23:32 AM
Try having a woman leave you while you was having surgery( after she had promised to be there), just to wake up with a text message saying that she had left the state with someone else. All I have ever wanted was for me to give my love to a woman & have her show me the same.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 11 (view)

Shall I just give up?
Posted: 1/10/2010 6:38:58 PM
I had only gotten one reply back & the rest had been view/no reply.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 6 (view)

Should Heart Breaking become a Crime ?
Posted: 1/9/2010 10:18:56 PM

Many heart broken people suffer emotionally and physically from being dumped or rejected. Im sure some cases are even fatal. So why is it not considered a criminal act to Break Hearts ? Im guessing all of you who have just rejected or dumped someone are going to respond with a No and vice versa.

Dude, we happen to live in a free country. I have been rejected & hurt probably more times that you could ever imagine, but I do not in anyway think that he or she should be charged with a crime because he or she had broken ones heart.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 12/19/2009 5:50:16 AM

What a load! I can't believe no one had busted yer balls on that malarkey!

Most everyone has heard some lame line before myself included ,but to say No good women anymore..gimme a effin break!

Depends on how times that line has been told to you. I can understand being told once or twice, but after being told this B.S. multiple times it gets old.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 59 (view)

I love you, but I have to leave you....
Posted: 12/18/2009 6:17:14 PM

Ok I will go get a rocking chair, granny sweater, let my hair go grey,
let myself go to hell, and just give up completely so I will fit into your
sad little mold of what you think women of certain ages should be like OK?

Why do you think all women in their 50's should be the same way?
I like how I am and will hopefully be this way at 80,
bat $hit crazy as always as you put it.

But one thing I will never be is narrow minded, judgemental and
foolish enough to think that there is a rule that women over 50
should not fall in love, be silly, get hooked on a man romantically, etc.

Here in south Florida I see people in their 70's and 80's eloping, dating,
sleeping together, having affairs, going crazy over each other like love
sick teenagers, getting heart broken, you name it.

Maybe you just haven't seen enough of the world and all it's variety.

Lots of us don't become tired old dried up grannies at certain ages to fit
into someones preconceived notions of how people should be at certain ages.

I was refering to the ones(30,40,&50 ) that like to play childish mind games(the games teenagers play) on here because believe me I had ran into a few on here.
I am not saying that older people should not have fun. I had lived & been to alot of different places over the years myself,also having stayed in Florida numerous times too. I have always had an open mind about everything. Having fun, dating, doing all of those thing that you had described, is nothing in the world wrong with in my opinion(you only live once), it is just the inmature mind games that should be left back in high school.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 46 (view)

Post-rejection friendship
Posted: 12/18/2009 12:02:27 AM

Since when does chemistry equal worth?
A person may be wonderful companionship, share many interests and be very loyal. That doesn't guarantee anything romantic. It's not a question of whether or not someone is 'good enough'. It's whether or not the attraction on that level is mutual. If it's not, is it the other person's fault?

So if you get considered a friend instead of a date, you think the one who wants the friendship is shallow and wrong?

Why?

As I've said, nobody is obligated to like anybody else as a partner or anything .. but to take it as an insult is so immature, I can't believe you got this far in life with any connections at all. Just wish them well and move on, for Smurf's sake!

How would you take it when someone had told you that I just want to be friends because you are not good enough? Then her not being there after I had my surgery, like she had promised? That is why I have a different opinion about "getting friended". When you get lied too a lot, & put down, your opinion will change.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 20 (view)

The we can be friends thing, ugh!
Posted: 12/17/2009 6:57:25 PM

What does the girl mean when she says she wants to stay friends, then say a couple months after breaking up with you, she dates someone else, and then tells you we no longer can be friends and should focus on our own lives? Yes, if you have no connection to the situation, it would be ease...move on idiot! Thanks, I've been told this over and over, so perhaps I am the idiot in this situation. Yet, as I'm sure some of you have discovered, when someone has an emotional attachement, it is a bit hard to "move on".

After a year of knowing each other, I lost my best friend and a woman who I thought might be the one *boo hoo*...anyone think she'll send me an e-card for Christmas or should I prepare myself to never hear from the girl ever again and just hope she's happy and content with out me?

I had been through this B.S. plenty of times too. The last woman I had dated that had decided to "friend" me, I told her "If im not good enough to be your boyfriend then you are certainly not good enough to be my "friend".
 blacklabel73
Msg: 44 (view)

Post-rejection friendship
Posted: 12/17/2009 6:52:21 PM

Has anyone besides me ever had trouble with post-rejection "friendship"? This means, for example, if you're a guy and you have a crush on a woman, then she starts dating someone else, but still wants your friendship. My stance is if I don't deserve to be her boyfriend, then why does she deserve to be my friend?

I had been through this B.S. plenty of times too. The last woman I had dated that had decided to "friend" me, I told her "If im not good enough to be your boyfriend then you are certainly not good enough to be my "friend".
 blacklabel73
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2009 6:43:25 PM

Okay after reading this, I need an advil.

Look OP, just stop already. you are in your 50s...50s!!! At what point in your life are you going to act like a grown woman? Blocking someone from contacting you is quite easy. If it's on this site, you go and block them. If it's on an outside source such as IM, email, etc...you block them or remove them from your contact/buddy list. If it's through a phone, you CAN call your provider and have them block the number for you.

Got you "hooked" and "controlling" you? the fvck??? Are you a child? NO far from it. You make your own decisions to allow people to treat you the way they do. Come on now. You ENJOY the attention this man is giving you because if you didn't you would of put a stop to it. You are a mental masochist. You like it or you wouldn't put up with it. Now you are jealous of him courting some 19 yo? Gimme a break. I don't know who is more higher on the pathetic scale...you are him.

There's a lot of bat $hit crazy people around here OR they need to lay off the alcohol.

You hit the nail on the head with this one, I agree 100%. There are a lot of women on this site in their 30s,40s,&50s that act like teenagers.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 49 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2009 6:33:08 PM

You know, you can call the Op selfish if you want, you can tell her to suck it up, and accept his gestures of 'like' as enough,.. but you cannot and will not covince her in her heart of hearts, that a few 'actions' of doing things for her, or merely just physicaly being there is enough.
It is clearly NOT enough for her.
She wants affection, she wants closeness, she wants words, and she wants to feel loved and adored.
Doesnt sound too unreasonable to me.
Who the heck are these people who think we should just settle for some dude who thinks just sitting there beside you on his ass, and doing a few chores is enough?
Is that all you all expect in life? Do you want others to accept that paltry half assed kind of relationship?
Its pathetic when people call others selfish just for wanting love, or magic or romance in their lives.
We all have dreams, who's to say which dream is okay to have, and which dream isnt.
I myself would not want to settle for a mediocre relationship in which I merely liked, or tolerated,.. but not loved or adored.
I'm sure OP does love this man, but is tired of not getting back what she gives out.
OP, I understand what you mean,.. and you did the right thing.

Just like I said, What goes around comes around. Karma has a way of catching up to people who had hurt or wronged others in the past.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 37 (view)

Which do you fear more, death or being completely alone?
Posted: 12/17/2009 6:16:26 PM
Death can be a lonely person's best friend too. When one is alone and he or she dies then that person feels no more pain from being alone.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 64 (view)

Does love really exist?
Posted: 12/17/2009 6:07:41 PM
No, In my opinion there is no such thing as love anymore. I had to find it out the hard way from numerous failed relationships and being married once. It seems like nowdays women are all about being materialistic,selfish,uncaring,using people, & bailing on their men when times get tough. It is all about me,me,me nowdays. Women loving their men for who they are has done become a thing of the past.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2009 5:54:19 PM
I've been through the same B.S., there is NO such thing as a good woman anymore.I had to find it out the hard way too, from dating to being married once. I had that line of B.S.thrown in my face about everytime I had a relationship.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 8/29/2009 2:53:23 PM
You love and adore this person, but you must leave them and never see
or talk to them again....

He is always there when I want him, tries to do the things he knows I need,
but it's not enough. Where is a compliment, where is affection, where is his
joy and laughter when he is talking to me?

Sounds to me like you are very ungratefull & selfish & you never loved this person in the first place . No wonder why this world is going all to crap with all of the selfish,coldhearted people,its all about me,me,me.
Just remember what goes around comes around.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 1096 (view)

Why Do women dump men who are nice to them.
Posted: 8/22/2009 10:35:19 PM
There really are some people who can't handle stable, nice people. They had a chaotic, screwed up childhood, and they continue to need this as an adult.

I get so damn tired of hearing the sorry excuse of "I had a screwed up childhood".
I had a rough childhood too,but I got over it!Just because someone has a rough childhood does not mean that they need to carry it on as adults.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 6 (view)

How to ask a woman out?
Posted: 8/21/2009 12:59:38 PM
Don't worry. You're so funny and smart and amazing, any girl but me would be lucky to date you. You'll find someone, I know it

Watch out for those words too.God knows how many times I had to hear it.It is nothing but staight up B.S.It is just a nice way for a woman,that is turning you down,say "F**k You,You Are Not Good Enough For Me"
 blacklabel73
Msg: 4 (view)

A difference between men and women OR the truth about sluts and playas.
Posted: 8/21/2009 11:25:09 AM
Sluts & Players are both selfish heartless kinds of people.If a person really loves someone then he or she will not even think about being selfish or heartless towards his or her partner.Thats just my opinion.
 blacklabel73
Msg: 81 (view)

Hurtful Name Calling.
Posted: 8/21/2009 11:16:46 AM
It is very sad when it comes to dating,relationships,&marriage,the "Golden Rule"is forgotten.I will never stoop that low to treat a woman like crap by calling her names just to get her to love me & stay with me.That is whats wrong with people today.

Show ALL Forums