Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What was the best kiss you ever had?
 jennybeen
Msg: 52 (view)

What was the best kiss you ever had?
Posted: 9/12/2006 1:04:40 PM
I don't know if this was the best ever or just the best so far, but it'd be awful hard to beat (anyone up for a challenge?).

It was with a guy, Adam, who was working as a security guard in a vacant lot across the street from my place. He didn't have much to do, so I'd go over there and sit and chat with him.

One night there was a full moon, and the clouds were arranged making this ring around it with the moonlight shining on them. We were standing admiring it when I took a step back so I was standing against him and he reached down and put his arms around me, and my heart just started pounding. Then I turned my head towards him and he kissed me. It was Amazing. It was soft and gentle, but I felt this head rush, and felt everything spinning around me. My neck was twisted around backwards, so it was kinda awkward. Then I turned to face him and we just stood there holding on to each other for the next couple minutes. I sure miss him.

I still get weak just thinking about it, and it was a couple years ago now.
 jennybeen
Msg: 3 (view)

Weekly Meet & Greet The Broken Cue Saskatoon
Posted: 9/7/2006 10:28:35 PM
Count me in. I just switched shifts with someone at work. Sounds like a great time. Can't wait to meet you guys after I've been lurking on your forum for so long.

Jenny
 jennybeen
Msg: 6 (view)

Hiding Profiles
Posted: 4/27/2006 12:15:40 PM
Hi. I am getting an error page when I am viewing 'online my city' and try to click to page two, just an error page with lots of programming text. I don't get the same thing with 'online my state', it works just fine.

Don't know how this'll view on here or if it'll help, but here is a copy of the text on the error page.
 jennybeen
Msg: 53 (view)

~ Do You Remember Your First Kiss? ~
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:16:33 PM
I remember mine. I was probably in 9th grade or so. His name was Mike. It was after we went to hockey game, and were standing in the field outside the arena. His friend (Rob) came over to me and asked me if I would go out with Mike. I said 'yes' and he said 'okay, then Mike is going to come over and kiss you now'. He did. He has just smoked a methol cigarette (whoever he found to buy him smokes got the wrong type), so his breath was minty, it was kinda nice. His lips were really soft, and it was a fairly long kiss, not just a peck, but not a french kiss either. He drooled on me a little, but other than that it was nice.

He didn't get better about the drooling thing either. A few days later he, I, and a couple others were hanging out in my basement. They dared us to french kiss, and turned up the video games loud so they wouldn't hear us. We left the room and then he french kissed me. It wasn't very nice though. He just kinda stuck his tongue in my mouth and held it there still. I think it was his first french kiss too. He didn't taste as good that time either. He drooled so much that it had run down my chin and dripped onto my neck. As soon as he turned away I wiped it off on a curtain that was hanging in the doorway.

I don't remember breaking up with him, just kinda stopped getting together, and he moved away later that year.

Well, that's my story (or maybe more like a novel).

Jenny
 jennybeen
Msg: 2 (view)

review my profile
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:26:04 PM
I like the content of your profile, but its delivery needs improvment. You need to capitalize beginnings of sentences, and there are several spelling and grammar mistakes. These take away greatly from an otherwise good and funny profile. Also I would suggest using your second photo (the one on the ferry??? I think) as your main one. Also not sure that a 'suprise' is a good thing to put for a first date....... that can mean different, and often not good, things to different people.

Jenny
 jennybeen
Msg: 4 (view)

You know what to do.
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:20:23 PM
I liked the profile as well, although I have to say I didn't get some of it either, and I'm Canadian (so don't worry eyeseek) I like the picture that you have up currently (remote on chest) the best, and you do have a nice smile in it.

My suggestion for your profile would be to put a little more about you into it. Your humor is great, but you should say more about yourself. At least fill in some actual interests.

Jenny
 jennybeen

Would you give my profile a look over?
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:55:59 PM
I think your profile is good. And don't sell yourself short on the pictures. Your main one is really good, and you have a great smile in it.

I can't think of too much criticism for your profile. I liked it. You might want to rethink the 'then I'm not your man' lines. They create a little negativity, but then they do go together with the last sentence, so its up to you. You also might want to do a paragraph on the type of woman that you are looking for.

Also not too many women would be interested in going over to a guys house that they just met on the internet because public places are safer, so you might want to change that.

Jenny
 jennybeen

So...how is it??
Posted: 4/9/2006 11:34:19 PM
Your picture is just okay. It would be better if you would take it without your hat. Women want to see what you look like not your accessories. Also the way the black and white is done in this photo makes you look kinda bland and washed out. It's not a bad photo, but would be better as a secondary one, and get a better main. And give a nice smile for the camera. Everyone looks better when they smile.

Jenny
 jennybeen
Msg: 9 (view)

Ah, Go on then
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:23:07 AM
Hi. I don't know if you have changed you pic yet, but my vote would be for the one of you against the white background. My second coice, although a fairly distant second, would be the one of you in the camo jacket.

Your profile looks good, but there's a couple of typos. The first is that you should have piles of boy's toys around your place. Unless of course you have piles of boys and toys, in which case you left out a comma, but you probably don't want to advertise this anyways . The other one is that your address is dot com, rather than sot.

Also in your interests section, your comedy interest is broken up into two different ones. This is probably because you put a comma in the list, telling the site to split it up.

Also, I don't particularly like the line about your cooking 'I only get to cook something good...' I'm sure you can come up with something more intersting and creative than that.

The rest of it is good, and I'd think you'd do well on here.

Jenny
 jennybeen

Should I make any changes?
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:42:27 PM
"Should I make any changes?"

Yes. To start you should put in your profession. Close after that, you should actually put in your interests. Then you should put some more stuff about me in the 'about me' section, and take out the stuff about if you want to know anything message me. That is quite a turn off in profiles. You should just say what something about you, rather than waiting to be asked, or your profile will just get passed by. Actually, in rereading it, if you were to put in a little more about yourself (yes you really do need to do this), and then move that sentence to the end (actually just before the 'you read this far' paragraph), it would be alright because rather than saying I'm not going to tell you about me until you message, it just says there's more to me than what's on here. But right at the beginning it gives the wrong vibe.

You should also include something about the type of woman you are looking for.

One other suggestion. I would remove the second picture of you. It's pretty unattractive, but the other two are nice. Your last one is especially nice, but not good for a main one. Your main one is okay, but you could get a better one. Try to get one without you wearing a hat, and smile in it.

Hope this helps.

Jenny
 jennybeen

Review and advice please
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:31:26 PM
Not a bad profile. I think the biggest thing to improve it would be some better pictures. Try a face shot with you smiling, and maybe a couple of you doing things you enjoy.

Your about me section is good, one typo though 'local' should be 'locale'. You could also try adding a little more about you. What you have is good, but a little more could be better, maybe more about your interests or what you do in your spare time.

In your first date section, I would take out the part about the fizzled relationhsips, and just go from 'chemistry' to 'I like to keep things'
 jennybeen
Msg: 8 (view)

Enhancement Suggestions
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:40:12 PM
I know that blocking a username blocks them from appearing in 'my matches' but is there a way to stop them from showing up in 'online my city'? There are a couple of people that have pictures that I would rather not keep seeing. They are not quite explicit enough to be banned, but I'd rather not keep seeing them. If not, is there a way this could be added the same as it is for 'my matches'?

Thanks, Jenny.
 jennybeen

Ladies: rate my profile mickey810.
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:57:44 AM
Your profile is okay, but could use something more. There is nothing specifically wrong with it, but I'd suggest you read some other men's profiles for ideas on what to have in there. I doubt that your height has too much to do with your lack of responses. It might turn off a few, but I doubt a majority, especially if you are mailing only those your height or shorter.

Your problem might be the type of message you are sending. If you have emailed 100+ women in a week, then they can't be too long or detailed. You are much more likely to get a response if you take the time to write more to them. Maybe make reference to something in their profile, or ask them some questions. It's kinda hard to come up with a response to a few lines of text that don't say much.

Other than that, I don't know what to suggest, so just keep trying.

Jenny
 jennybeen

Please provide feedback on my profile.
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:47:15 PM
Overall your profile is good, well written and gives a good sense of what you are looking for. I would remove the lines "My friends would describe me as" and "I am not into game playing" and "If this sounds like you, then please drop me a line". Say who you are, not how your friends see you. You don't need to say you are not into games, nobody is, and they know to drop you a line. That is the point of the site.

You also don't give a great sense of your personality. You only have two sentences, and they are very general. You do give a good sense of who you are looking for though, and that is good.

I also think you have too many contact restrictions.

Hope this helps.

Jenny
 jennybeen

Valuing the Ladies Inputs About This Profile
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:41:38 PM
Overall your profile is good. I would suggest you leave off your measurements though. They don't need to be there, and kinda detract - make you seem sorta conceited. I don't know if you need to put the times of the pics in there either. They are close enough to current that it doesn't matter, and two of them have dates on them anyways.

I especially like the last two sentences of your 'about me' section.

Jenny
 jennybeen

Feedback Appreciated
Posted: 4/2/2006 3:02:00 PM
Overall a pretty good profile. I have a few suggestions though.

"Don't let the technical words scare you, I'm a nice guy at heart."

What does this mean? Technical words wouldn't make anyone think you're not a nice guy, maybe say, don't worry, I'm not a geek, or something like that.

"and looking for other ways to serve"

Remove this line, maybe find another example to put in here instead, pull out chair, help on with jacket, etc (if you actually do, of course)

"I would like to meet a young lady who loves God as much as I do and is interested in learning what He teaches us about Himself in the Bible. "

This comes across a little too strong, in my opinion. Sounds like you want to shove religion down everyone's throat. It would be good to keep in that you're looking for a religious woman if that's what you want, but tone it down.
 jennybeen

looking for some imput ladies
Posted: 4/2/2006 2:51:16 PM
First off, did you lose your shift key? The beginnings of sentences and I and I'm need to be capitalized. Couple of other typo's "a head" should be "ahead", "your" should be "you're".

I'd take out the last line in your about me. If you feel you need to say more, say it, if not, then just leave it.

In your first date section, I'd take out the part about not dating for awhile. Other than that, I like it, especially the part about praying not to do anything stupid (been there).

Jenny
 jennybeen

Taking my turn
Posted: 3/29/2006 4:57:13 PM
I have two suggestions

1. Remove the second picture (the dark one). It makes you look angry, and its just not attractive. I like the effects on your main pic though, pretty cool.

2. Break up your about me section into paragraphs. All as one block its hard to read and tends to make one want to skip over it.

3. Okay, so I wrong, there's three. Anyways, I'd get rid of the prefer not to say for children. Whenever anyone sees prefer not to say, they assume the worst (for them). So be honest, if you're not sure, then say that.
 jennybeen
Msg: 5 (view)

Ladies, let me know what you think!
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:03:21 PM
Overall your profile is good. I'd take out the bit about "where is that special someone to share it with me? Are you that lady - e-mail and lets find out!" in the first paragraph. Then you might want to move your last paragraph up and merge it with the first one, then you have one about me paragraph, and then the ones about her.

Also in your first date section, you don't mention a first date, but only a second. Not a problem, but you might want to mention something about why you went this way, maybe "first dates all seem the same, its the second one that matters..." type of thing. Also I believe it should be "were things to progress", also in your first date section.

Other than that, it looks good to me. You give a good idea of who you are and who you are interested in.

Jenny
 jennybeen

Should I shave my beard
Posted: 3/27/2006 8:14:59 PM
I would vote for you going with the beard as well. Think you look better with it. About the eyebrows, I wouldn't suggest plucking all around them and shaping them, just some of the hairs from the middle. Don't know if other guys do, but I would suggest that you do. Also I'd use the pic of you in the planet hollywood shirt as your main pic instead because it makes you look a lot friendlier, or take another one with you smiling and use it.

Jenny
 jennybeen

The dude from Malibu.
Posted: 3/26/2006 9:10:12 PM
There's nothing really wrong with your profile, but a few improvements could be made.

The first is to break up your 'about me' into paragraphs to separate the thoughts and ideas, which might require a little reorganizing. But what is in there is nice, unique enough to be interesting, but not weird enough to frighten..... You may also want to move your rant about prereqs further down so its not the first thing read.

You should also include in there what type of woman and relationship you are looking for.

Your pic is fine, but could be improved if you were smiling. You look sort of arrogant and detached in this one.

You should put student or intern (or some combination) in your profession section rather than leaving it empty.

Also, don't know how I feel about the 'sexy black girls' in your interests, could be a turn-off to some, but not too bad because the rest of your profile is pretty clean.

Hope this helps.

Jenny
 jennybeen

Ladies...Please give me an honest opinion of my profile
Posted: 3/26/2006 10:02:31 AM
First, I agree with Coy. Post some pics of your face, preferably smiling.

More importantly, you need more in your profile. Other than that you like women, it says almost nothing about you. Add in some more interests, what you do in your spare time, what you are looking for in a woman, pets you have, pretty much anything about you. The second sentence in your 'about me' would be good as a closing sentence (if a little over the top - but that's okay), but you need to have more info in there.

Jenny
 jennybeen

Rate my profile ladies
Posted: 3/26/2006 7:22:55 AM
First thing..... Smile, you look unfriendly and unapproachable in all your pics, and that's not attractive to anyone. SMILE

Second.... 'I' needs to be capitalized, along with a couple of other grammar errors (mostly run on sentences) and typos.

Third....... Say something about yourself. I haven't read your earlier profile, but this one gives no info about yourself or what you are looking for. Goofy sounding is better than nothing. List some interests, tell something about yourself, the lady you are looking for, include a quote or something that you like......... Also, you have n/a for you job, and that's not a good thing.
 jennybeen

I'm game, profile review please
Posted: 3/21/2006 7:14:41 AM
Overall I'd say this is good.

First a couple minor things. It's non negotiable, not none, I'd take out the commas after the string of periods in your first date section, and capitalize the items in your lists.

About your pics... Are they all current? Because in your main one and last one you look way younger than in the others and the age in your profile.

Now the big thing.... You do a great job of covering the 'philosophical you' in your profile. However, you don't have anything of your 'day to day self' You should include some of your interests, what you do in your spare time, hobbies, etc. Do you like to ski, whitewater raft, curl up with a good book, dance like a fool at a club? This will make quite a difference to someone looking for some shared, or at least compatible, interests. You could either do this in the interests section, or have another paragraph. However, I would suggest the interests section, because your profile is just on the edge of being too long to want to read the whole thing.

Jenny
 jennybeen

umm...
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:52:21 AM
No, it doesn't blow, but it could use a little improvment. The first thing would be your pics. The one you chose as your main isn't the best. Of the ones you have, I would choose either the second one (close up of your face) or the last one (black and white with you scratching your ear). However, if you can get more, I would suggest using one of you smiling. That makes anyone seem nicer and easier to talk to.

Your first paragrpah is okay, but you start right out by saying what you're tired of and don't want, rather than what you want, which starts out with a negative impression. Maybe you should change the order of that paragraph or just take the "I'm tired" part, and just start out saying what you want

Your second paragraph is the biggest problem. I'd change most of it (last two sentences are okay). You shouldn't come out and say that your employed and stable, etc. It's good that you are, but when you say it straight up, it doesn't advertise who you are as a person, just as though you're for a woman who's desperate for any man that meets the minimun standards....... trust me, doesn't make a woman feel good to read it like that. Instead, you should tell more personal stuff about yourself, some stories, and something that makes your profile memorable, and showcases rather than states your good properties.

Next two paragraphs are good.

First date is okay, but pretty much the same as 95+ percent of guys out there. Come up with something more creative if you can, or just leave it if not.
 jennybeen

Hi there
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:30:16 AM
Well, the first and most imortant thing is to fix up all the spelling and grammar errors, and there are tons of them. You could try cut and pasting it into a word processing program, and that would pick up a bunch of them.
 jennybeen
Msg: 1 (view)

Thought this was funny...
Posted: 3/16/2006 7:41:11 AM
Wellhung: Hello, Sweetheart. What do you look like?

Sweetheart: I am wearing a red silk blouse, a miniskirt and high heels. I work out every day, I'm toned and perfect. My measurements are 36-24-36. What do you look like?

Wellhung: I'm 6'3" and about 250 pounds. I wear glasses and I have on a pair of blue sweat pants I just bought from walmart. I'm also wearing a T-shirt with a few spots of barbecue sauce on it from dinner. It smells funny.

Sweetheart: I want you! Would you like to screw me?

Wellhung: OK.

Sweetheart: We're in my bedroom. There's soft music playing on the stereo and candles on my dresser and night table. I'm looking up into your eyes smiling. My hand works it's way down to your crotch and begins to fondle your huge swelling bulge.

Wellhung: I'm gulping, I'm beginning to sweat.

Sweetheart: I'm pulling up your shirt and kissing your chest.

Wellhung: Now I'm unbuttoning your blouse. My hands are trembling.

Sweetheart: I'm moaning softly.

Wellhung: I'm taking hold of your blouse and sliding it off slowly.

Sweetheart: I'm throwing my head back in pleasure. The cool silk slides off my warm skin. I'm rubbing your bulge faster, pulling and rubbing.

Wellhung: My hands suddenly jerks spastically and accidently rips a hole in your blouse. I'm sorry.

Sweetheart: That's OK, it wasn't really too expensive.

Wellhung: I'll pay for it.

Sweetheart: Don't worry about it. I'm wearing a lacy black bra. My soft breasts are rising and falling, as I breath harder and harder.

Wellhung: I'm fumbling with the clasp on your bra. I think it's stuck. Do you have any scissors?

Sweetheart: I take your hand and kiss it softly.. I'm reaching back undoing the clasp. The bra slides off my body. The air caresses my breasts. My nipples are erect for you.

Wellhung: How did you do that? I'm picking up the bra and inspecting the clasp.

Sweetheart: I'm arching my back. Oh baby. I just want to feel your tongue all over me.

Wellhung: I'm dropping the bra. Now I'm licking your, you know, breasts. They're neat!

Sweetheart: I'm running my fingers through your hair. Now I'm nibbling your ear.

Wellhung: I suddenly sneeze. your breasts are covered with spit and phlegm.

Sweetheart: What?

Wellhung: I'm sorry. really.

Sweetheart: I'm wiping your phlegm off my breasts with the remains of my blouse.

Wellhung: I'm taking the sopping wet blouse from you. I drop it with a plop.

Sweetheart: OK. I'm pulling your sweat pants down and rubbing your hard tool.

Wellhung: I'm screaming like a woman. Your hands are cold! YEEEE!!

Sweetheart: I'm pulling up my miniskirt. Take off my panties!

Wellhung: I'm pulling off your panties. My tongue is going all over, in and out nibbling on your ...ummmm... wait a minute.

Sweetheart: What's the matter?

Wellhung: I've got a pubic hair caught in my throat. I'm choking!

Sweetheart: Are you OK?

Wellhung: I'm having a coughing fit! I'm turning all red.

Sweetheart: Can I help?

Wellhung: I'm running to the kitchen, choking wildly. I'm fumbling through the cabinets, looking for a cup. Where do you keep your cups?

Sweetheart: In the cabinet to the right of the sink.

Wellhung: I'm drinking a cup of water. There, that's better.

Sweetheart: Come back to me lover.

Wellhung: I'm washing the cup now.

Sweetheart: I'm on the bed aching for you

Wellhung: I'm drying the cup. Now I'm putting it back in in the cabinet. And now I'm walking back to the bedroom. Wait it's dark, I'm lost. Where's the bedroom?

Sweetheart: Last door on the left at the end of the hallway.

Wellhung: I found it.

Sweetheart: I'm tuggin' off your pants. I'm moaning. I want you so badly.

Wellhung: Me too.

Sweetheart: Your pants are off. I kiss you passionately, our naked bodies pressing each other.

Wellhung: Your face is pushing my glasses into my face. It hurts.

Sweetheart: Why don't you take off your glasses?

Wellhung: OK, but I can't see very well without them. I place the glasses on the night table.

Sweetheart: I'm bending over the bed. Give it to me baby!

Wellhung: I have to pee. I'm fumbling my way blindly across the room and toward the bathroom.

Sweetheart: Hurry back, lover!

Wellhung: I find the bathroom and it's dark. I'm feeling around for the toilet. I lift the lid.

Sweetheart: I'm waiting eagerly for your return.

Wellhung: I'm done going. I'm feeling around for the flush handle, but I can't find it. Uh-oh!

Sweetheart: What's the matter now?

Wellhung: I've realized that I've peed into your laundry hamper. Sorry again. I'm walking back to the bedroom now, blindly feeling my way.

Sweetheart: Mmm, yes. Come on.

Wellhung: OK, now I'm going to put my..you know.. thing..in your..you know.. women's thing.

Sweetheart: Yes! Do it, Baby! Do it!

Wellhung: I'm touching your smooth butt. It feels so nice. I kiss your Neck. Umm, I'm having a little trouble here.

Sweetheart: I'm moving my ass back and forth, moaning. I can't stand it another second! Slide in! Screw me Now!

Wellhung: I'm Flaccid.

Sweetheart: What?

Wellhung: I'm limp. I can't sustain an erection.

Sweetheart: I'm standing up and turning around, an incredulous look on my face.

Wellhung: I'm shrugging with a sad look on my face. My wiener is all floppy. I'm going to get my glasses and see what's wrong.

Sweetheart: No, never mind. I'm getting dressed. I'm putting on my underwear. Now I'm putting on my wet nasty blouse.

Wellhung: No Wait! Now I'm squinting, trying to find the night table. I'm feeling along the dresser, knocking over cans of hair spray, picture frames and your candles.

Sweetheart: I'm buttoning my blouse. Now I'm putting on my shoes.

Wellhung: I've found my glasses. I'm putting them on. My God! One of your candles fell on the curtain. The curtains on fire! I'm pointing at it, a shocked look on my face.

Sweetheart: Go to Hell! I'm logging off, you loser!

Wellhung: Now the carpet is on fire! Oh Noooooooooo!

Sweetheart: -logged off-
 jennybeen

What can I do to improve my profile?
Posted: 3/16/2006 6:39:52 AM
Have to say I can't think of anything. It looks good to me.

Jenny
 jennybeen

what do you reach for?
Posted: 3/16/2006 6:33:10 AM
I'm a big seasoning salt fan (lawry's brand for me). It's good on so many things, french fries, broccoli, spinach, soups, sauces, gravies......... mmmmmmmmmmm

I also make this dip out of mayo, ketchup, steak sauce, and worchestire, that is great as a shrimp dip or with fish.
 jennybeen

Sea Salt??
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:23:21 PM
If you like seasoning salt, I find a good substitute for that is Mrs. Dash (table blend is my fave). It has a lot of the same flavours, but I don't think it has any salt.
 jennybeen

new guy
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:23:02 PM
Really I would just say to add more stuff. Tell us more about yourself. What kind of person are you, and what kind of person are you looking for. Everything you have so far seems fine, you just need more of it. I like your first date idea. It's different enough from all the other walk/dinner/movie ones, but not over the top.

Hope this helps.

Jenny
 jennybeen

A First Impression...
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:28:55 AM

Everything looks good until you get to the part of a good first date. You dated a stripper? And the part about a laundy mat? i feel this part needs to be totally rewritten.

I disagree. I like your fist date section. I think it's funny and memorable, which is a good thing in a profile. You could leave out the part about the stripper, and just say it was with a friend, but I think its okay either way. I don't find it a turnoff or anything, but some more conservative women might.

Show ALL Forums