Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 1082 (view)

Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 9/6/2018 7:25:35 AM
^^^^^^^^^

Actually, it's been on the decline.

I trade and watch the markets daily. also read market reports and watch market analysis shows daily.

It's been dipping in the last 3 months or so.

Dipped more at the announcement of the new ad campaign. But as of yesterday evening, its headed up

Nice try though.

Just saying.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 1080 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2018 1:16:44 PM

Sorry to break it to you but after we pass 35 we are disposable in the view of advertisers. And in our case we are over 60 and no where near the money making demographic, So fk em, I watch what I like to watch no matter and buy what I want because I can.

The ones that advertisers are after are the young …..

I personally think Pro Football has seen its better days anyway. It's been on the decline for several seasons now, and the new refusal of about 1/4 of the nation to watch it only speeds things up -- it's not the cause.

Many of the younger folks weren't allowed to play football by their helicopter Moms. So now they're not watching it either. Probably rather see soccer -- like they played themselves.

The recent feminization of men, and the blurring of gender lines, add to the mix.

As the last of the grumpy old men (and women) pass on -- Football will inevitably fade into the sunset.

-------

As for Nike -- they may be on to something.

Nike stock has been on a serious downslide for several seasons.

Most younger chix aren't wearing athletic shoes, and active wear as casual outer wear anymore. Younger white men do wear sneakers, but most don't take them too seriously. Lots of other "fancy label brands flood the market, to compete with Nike.
The old folks still wear sneakers, but we are on the decline.

That leaves younger African Males (maybe some females, too), who will spend big bucks for top of the line shoes.

And don't forget the millennials who feel concerned about White Privilege.

I sure DON'T want to stereotype. But GENERALLY speaking, what I have said is true.

PS -- I really doubt that the U.S. Military is going to blockade Chinese shippers for carrying Nikes. I just don't think that's in their mission statement.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 2 (view)

Too many bots.
Posted: 9/5/2018 12:55:48 PM
So you mean all those wealthy, stunningly handsome younger men that have been messaging me from Nigeria and Russia aren't real?
 L_LuuLuu

Is POF FINALLY thinking of the men on this site with new bonus features?!?!
Posted: 9/5/2018 12:51:30 PM
I don't want to burst your bubble.

But I think that these ladies may be pros.

It's not that your aren't an attractive guy. It's just that most attractive younger women really get a lot of offers. Very few are desperate enough to message like that for free.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 5 (view)

Boyfriend threw jewelry box in yard
Posted: 8/26/2018 5:37:15 PM
Abusive behavior usually turns to violent behavior later.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 1036 (view)

Posted: 8/25/2018 10:29:59 AM
So now that the Net Works have decided not to televise the playing of our National Anthem the issue of "taking the knee" is settled.

Or is it?

We'll find out soon enough.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 53 (view)

Do you care what a person does for work?
Posted: 8/20/2018 4:43:56 PM
^^^^^^^
So true.

Besides, DINNO

People lie about all kinds of things all the time. But, in most cases, it wouldn't take a smart person long to figure out if their S/O was a crook.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 45 (view)

Do you care what a person does for work?
Posted: 8/19/2018 4:40:23 AM
I don't care what a man does for a living as long as it's moral and legal. I do care if a man is presentable and intelligent.

A person does not have to have a formal education to be highly informed and educated.

But one thing that is VERY important to me is that the person have compatible working hours. If we can never be tighter because of different schedules, what's the point?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 144 (view)

why do do many people underestimate their body type
Posted: 8/16/2018 11:21:19 AM
It doesn't matter what you put for body type if you don't have a full length pic.
Nobody is going to believe you until they see you.

Heck, my profile is Hidden, and CLEARLY states that I am NOT looking.
But somehow, I get mails out of the blue from guys who demand to know "what am I HIDING"?

Demand to know if I am really "Fat".

Even accused me of hiding a crepey neck with my ring before I added new pic.

WTF difference does it make if I am NOT LOOKING?

Bottom line for EVERYBODY:

It doesn't matter what you put for body type if you don't have a full length pic.
Nobody is going to believe you until they see you.
Maybe even if you DO have a full length picture. Then they're going to wonder if the picture is OLD.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 42 (view)

How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?
Posted: 8/15/2018 9:49:07 AM
COOL DOG ---

You make not just 1 but 2 good points:

1. Omarosa is, indeed, a very pretty lady.

2. Her latest "Reality Episode" has amounted to nothing. My firecracker stand has fizzled.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 8/13/2018 6:29:13 PM
OK --

Ya'll wanna talk about Reality TV?

Now I'm gonna throw a Molotov C o c k tail into a POF Fireworks Stand. Here goes:

What do you all think about Omarosa?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 8/12/2018 8:44:04 AM
I'm from Waco,TX. So now you know which house fixer show I like.

Like the interesting and upbeat stuff like the state place guy and the biker that tours places of interest.

Can't stand the awful, constant bickering that occurs on many of the shows. Don't care about how much money the Kardashians waste every day.

I do, occasionally like some of the Judge shows except Judge Judy. She's obnoxious.

But here's a question for the guys:

If YOU were the Bachelor -- would you pick the sweetest, most sincere, beautiful woman? Or the one that played the dirtiest because she fought for you?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 3 (view)

Older gentleman with kids
Posted: 8/11/2018 12:34:48 PM
Maybe try dating a little younger?
Would you consider a woman with kids of her own still at home?

If it were me, I would consider: location of the kids -- do they live near by or far away?

How often do you see them? How do you deal with priorities? Of course kids needs come first. But, do you allow kids to disrupt all your plans? Or can you make time for both the kids and date night? Do you spend all of every week end with your kids?

What about discipline? Do you teach your children manners and good behavior? Or do you let them run wild?

Gender of the kids? Little girls can be especially good at derailing all your relationships with women. How would you handle this?

What is your relationship with their mom like? Constant drama? Or good understanding?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 195 (view)

When did asking your bra size become socially acceptable?
Posted: 8/11/2018 11:25:34 AM
The really funny part is that most men think that the number on the bra size is her bust size.

It's not. It's her CHEST size.

A womens chest size is estimated by measuring right below her bust. And again just above. Then the average of the two numbers is the CHEST size.

The letters after mean:

Double A (AA) means BUST and CHEST measure the same.
A means BUST is 1 inch bigger.
B means 2 inches bigger.
C means ……. (etc.)

So a woman with a 32D bra size would have a 36 inch bust. NOT a 32.

But, this is really all theory anyway. Bra sizes vary. Women just buy what fits.

So there is NO way to determine her measurements by bra size.
I guess you could tell if her bust is BIG or not before meeting her. But that's about all.

How stupid the question is.
But you can still estimate the man's I.Q. number if he asks it.

However, I agree with posters who said that men just asked questions like that to see what they could get away with.
They tell me more than they ask.

And:

The other puzzle is why some send dick pics to a stranger and think we would be turned on by that..

I think that both SOME men and SOME women make the mistake of believing that the same sorts of things that turn on much of their own gender work on the other.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 40 (view)

MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/11/2018 11:02:14 AM
Thanks very much for your honesty GROVER.

I knew it all along that all those other good looking bald guys I asked were holding out. Now I can put my Diogenes Lantern way.

And yes, the Witch Hazel makes an excellent toner. It tightens up the skin and closes large pores that are caused by looser skin.
I had thought in the past that Witch hazel was some kind of drying, unnatural chemical. But after a little investigation I find that witch hazel is actually a plant substance. So, I bought some D I C K E N S O N's Hydrating (Witch hazel) Toner. It's pretty good, and a mostly natural product.

I looked at SIENNA's Magoos skin care line. It seems like it might be good for younger skin.

So, how about you, HEMMINGWAY? How do you get your glow?

BTW: please don't ever chew your arm off. You need two of them. Just bring an extra paper bag, instead.

L_LuuLuu
Msg: 13 (view)

Erectile Dysfuntion: Can skipping days trying to have sex help?
Posted: 8/11/2018 10:39:42 AM
^^^^^^^^

Is that shot administered locally? OUCH!!!!
(So glad I'm not a man)

And there is always the penile implant.

Or the penis pump for those with any hope left at all.

However, as others have inferred, the best cure for Willie WetNoodle's ED just might be the OP's finding a younger model with more "visual appeal".
OP might consider concerning herself less with intellectual stimulation since the blood tends to flow away from the brain at certain moments anyway.

L_LuuLuu
Msg: 103 (view)

The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles
Posted: 8/10/2018 9:48:10 AM

1. People (men and women) post a profile that suits them.
2. Other people review the profiles, and, if unappealing, a NORMAL person moves on to the next profile until they find a potential "Match."

I definitely agree with those of you who say that "if you don't like one person's profile, move on. But, I would like to through one more possible dynamic into the mix:

POF user's region and age group.

I have looked at all ya'll's profiles at one time or another, just to trying to understand where each of you is coming from. As a person in an area with 7.6 million people around me, I must admit I would have a LOT more options than most. It's been a real eye opener to see that a lot of you have very few to choose from, in your areas. How frustrating that must be. Also, local cultures have a major impact on what is and what is not acceptable/normal behavior.

I'm not saying the OP's choices are limited to the worst due to area. I haven't searched as a man in Wales. But I am saying that some of us have a lot more choice than others.

Also, consider that single mom's have a LOT less time to date. Chances are they're just trying anything they can to prevent that precious "Me" time from being wasted by someone with a crappy agenda.

If it were me, and I were approached by a person who -- right away -- made references to "Seduction" and "Sensuality" in their profile, I would take them for a PUSHY User.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 4 (view)

Erectile Dysfuntion: Can skipping days trying to have sex help?
Posted: 8/10/2018 9:28:30 AM
^^^^^^
Yep! So true!

Wade --

I told you he'd be back!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 95 (view)

The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles
Posted: 8/9/2018 10:24:35 AM
ZONAVARAN --

I see you have improved your profile by getting some better pictures and losing the ugly, unflattering pic of you working on your car as the main pic.

But PLEEEEESE -- take that one out altogether, as well as the one next to it that "might" be naked.

Also, you might want to take the words "Sensuality" and Seduction" out of your list of interests. You might think it looks alluring, but to most women it comes across as just plain pushy. Most women DO want "seduction" and "sensuality" in a relationship. But not up front and early on.

I personally do read the profiles, and if I saw either of these two words in a man's list of interests -- especially as the first one listed -- I would stop reading and exit immediately.

One reason a LOT of women get to be "man haters" in the first place is because they're so fed up with men who are PUSHY.

Now I have questions for you, based on your thread title:

Are you sure that the "manhating agenda" undertone is in MOST women's POF profiles? Or have a FEW rotten apples spoiled your barrel?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 11 (view)

Chronic Illness? A deal breaker or not?
Posted: 8/7/2018 1:06:27 PM
I'm going to agree with all those who said that: how they managed their physical illness would be of utmost importance to me.

Also agree that although some illness -- like high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes -- are not necessarily caused by diabetes. But, more often, they are.

I'll just say that if a person whom I was coupled with came down with a health issue that incapacitated them, I would be a LOT more accepting if it was NOT self-imposed. So, that's one more reason I would not date an obese person or smoker.

As far as a person with mental health issues -- I just got off that train. So, now I'm free, and NEVER AGAIN, will I make that mistake.

I have a couple of issues of my own:
Meniere's disease (a vertigo and hearing problem). I wear one hearing aid, so not constantly asking others to repeat. I am fortunate that the vertigo problem is easily treatable in my case. And I also take some good health precautions so that I won't need medication very often. If I do need meds, I know it, discretely take them, and don't make a scene with my symptoms. It doesn't slow me down a bit.

I also have a musculo-skeletal condition, which makes me very groggy and have a headache sometimes. Docs can't help this, but there's a lot I can do for myself, so I do. Occasionally, though I might feel so bad that I might need to miss a night out. So I hope my SO would understand, as I would understand if he didn't feel very well.

Neither of these are my fault. But result from a couple of head injuries I sustained at a very young age.

Otherwise, I'm in excellent condition. Vital signs of a very young person, no thinning bones, etc.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 31 (view)

MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/6/2018 8:04:19 PM

What puzzles me is why Miss Lu felt the need to post this and suggest inspiration to the ladies and warning to the men?

Because
I was totally blown away!

I was so amazed and impressed that the make-up artists could actually do , that I just had to share.

But It reminded me of the constant on-going POF "Battle of the Sexes" re: women's make-up being "false advertising", etc, blah, blah...…
This really video really takes that argument to a whole new level.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Maybe a more fun twist on an old POF topic.

It's so fake. All they are doing is using extra light, photoshop and a ton of lighter makeup.
If you wore that in person you'd look like a caked clown lol.

I’ve done photo shop, too, but in the past. But had no idea you could do it to a video with moving subjects. Please tell me more. Do you touch up the models frame by frame? That must take a lot of patience.

Flattering videos of subjects is easy to do with good camera angles and light. The video documents a cosmetology contest. Not a good documentary if the whole thing is a lie.

Thanks for the tip SIENNA

Ditto here. I’m going to look into Magoo, as well.

Which head are you talking about?

Whichever one they think with, I guess.

Question for the GROVER:

The real reason I stumbled on the video I showed, was because of this: I have always admired the shiny, poreless, flawless look of skin and scalp that a lot of (shaved) bald mature men are sporting. I’ve asked several how they do it, but they always say something like “I don’t do anything special. Just wash with regualar soap.” --- Ya riiiiiight!

So, tell us the truth, PLEEEEASE, Grover. How do YOU get that, poreless, wrinkle free glow? It looks great.

L_LuuLuu
Msg: 22 (view)

MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 2:31:15 PM
Texas chick ---

It is impossible to tell if ALL the women had cared for their skin, as we don't know their ages. Some women may have cared for their skin faithfully with only bar soap and water. No moisturizer. No exfoliation. Could be that some of the older women didn't have access to good skin care products when they were younger.

Its amazing how (relatively) recently scientists have discovered so many new anti-aging additives that really DO work. It's no wonder that people are looking so much younger for their years than their parents did at their age. And when these additives first hit the market they were 'way over budget for most of us. Now they're in everything.
Older women may have had access to Pond's Cold Cream at best.

Most of the not so old looking women have pretty skin with only a few lines -- that were filled out (for the day) with super hydrating pumpers.

To everyone else --

I think a few of you -- especially men maybe didn't even look a the videos. (Don't worry guys, it's NOT a step by step tutorial). It's a fast-paced documentary with no time to actually see everything they are doing.

And it is NOT a bunch of women doing their own prepping for a POF meet. It's about groups of professionals giving women make-overs. The make-overs are entries in a cosmetology contest. So, of course the more extreme the changes are, the more likely the team is to win. The models are more surprised than anybody that they can look like that.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 13 (view)

MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 10:08:25 AM

I'd like to know where to find that makeup that hides saggy skin. Please share your vast knowledge

I just want to know where they get their trowels. Lol.

Really getting the sags, eye bags and wrinkles to hide, is more about skin prep than anything. They use face washes that exfoliate the skin and. Then toners and moisturizers full of glycerin and hyaluronic acid to plump and tighten the skin. Then the lip pumpers eye bag reducers. It was not done by using make-up foundation they way you would use auto body filler.

If anyone really wants to know, google "glass skin" -- which both men and women can use for regular good CARE to help them stay young looking. I wish more men would have started taken care of their skin when they were younger, but back then it was considered "effeminate". Now, a lot of the younger guys do, so the younger ladies will be happier in their old age. But look around you -- at what I'm stuck with!!!! So NOT FAIR!!!

They even out the skin tones with full coverage make up and concealer. It's really not about a LOT of make up. It's about being able to use make up effectively. I was really surprised, but happy for the very old ladies to see them looking so elegant. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

The biggest changes in most of their looks was good eye make up and hair. And most of all the beautiful new smiles.

Not all the ladies were "old hags" by any means. Some of them were pretty just as they were -- just more sophisticated after. But even then, their appearance WAS changed a lot.

I agree that it def can be self love. But I couldn't help but be shocked when I saw the changes.

Btw: ZONAVAR -- What is a "Snap Chat Photo Filter"?

L_LuuLuu
Msg: 4 (view)

Independent Don't Need A Man; Seeks - Husband =>> What Gives?
Posted: 8/4/2018 12:48:05 PM
I think what the women mean say is that they don't NEED a man.

But they WANT a man to enjoy their life with.

They're trying to say that they aren't emotionally needy, or financially dependent. But they would very much love the companionship that a marriage provides.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 6 (view)

MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/4/2018 12:35:14 PM
JuJu --

Did you actually watch the video? Because you would have to watch the video to know what I am laughing about.

But you may be onto something we missed -- Maybe they edited out the part where they added the Botox and Restyln?

What about an ol' lady walking around with a big hole in each butt cheek? Cause that's where they took the fat for the "filler injections".

(ok for me to laugh -- I'm def old enough myself to poke fun at old people).

------------

To the rest of you I have to ask?

1. What to do if she got caught in a sudden cloudburst?

2. To the menfolks -- What would you do if you woke up with awful hangover, next day, beside one of those ladies? Do you think your head would hurt the same? Or more?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 17 (view)

Ghosting Friends
Posted: 8/3/2018 2:28:10 PM
Right now I am being ghosted by a very old and dear friend who lives in San Jose area of Cali.

We were friends when we were younger. Then she married, and moved from Big D many years ago. Her marriage ended in divorce, but her family kept together until fairly recently. She ahs also became disabled.

I stayed here, got a good job, bought a home, retired, started my on biz, and am still growing professionally.

We have little in common any more, but have been touching bases once in while over the years. I felt bad when we talked because I have it fairly easy, while she is barely surviving. So communicating is awkward.

I have been trying to call her, but she doesn't answer. I text her and she texts back that she will call me -- but never does. She has expressed some pretty depressed, almost suicidal thoughts. I want to help, but she disappears.

Given what's going on in that area of Cali, I'm terrified that she is homeless. I would let her move in with me, but we can't talk. I just wish that she would tell me she is all right, and that her family is helping her out.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 1 (view)

MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/3/2018 1:26:47 PM
I "just happened upon" the following video on UTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ddHuxe68w

I was totally blown away!

But It reminded me of the constant on-going POF "Battle of the Sexes" re: women's make-up being "false advertising", etc, blah, blah...…
This really video really takes that argument to a whole new level.

It might provide some inspiration to some of you ladies who want to try something new.

Might serve as Fair Warning to some of you old Buzzards with lust in your eyes, and beer goggles.

Any thoughts, anyone?
 L_LuuLuu

whos the crazy one here?
Posted: 8/3/2018 12:46:11 PM
If I believed this was a real thread, I would say that YOU are in the wrong for making racist jokes. Just a stupid idea if you want to get along with people.

But since you're a troll, I'm calling B.S. And saying you're in the wrong for jerking our chains.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 362 (view)

Boo-rthday Beefcake
Posted: 8/3/2018 10:32:03 AM

I'm aware of the context of the conversation. A woman said she takes walks on a first date to test a man's physical conditioning and to see if they are active and like being outdoors. SSM simply said a man not wanting to take a walk on a date doesn't mean he is out of shape. A hot day was 1 example. A person that is recovering from surgery or a physical injury is another example.

Thank you. If I failed a woman's "test" because I didn't want to take a walk in certain situations, then so be it. We simply aren't a match.

That would be exactly right. I wouldn't be the one for him either.

BTW: I would never ask a guy to take a walk if I knew he had just had surgery. (Or for any other logical reason).And I wouldn't ever go for a short, casual walk in the middle of a really hot day, when we are both dressed for a meet.

Btw: what's y'all's idea of a "Hot" day?

Because, remember, I'm from Texas.

I guess the birthday party is still raving on. But looks like it's devolved into a drunken brawl.

What happened to the Pig? Did he leave in a huff? Take the refreshments with him?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 298 (view)

No Dinner
Posted: 8/1/2018 6:28:19 AM
Happy Birthday, Boo!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 8 (view)

What do i do now?
Posted: 7/31/2018 7:51:18 PM
We'll miss him.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 5 (view)

What do i do now?
Posted: 7/31/2018 5:54:00 PM
TEXAS CHICK is a Doll.

ENOIKIA is a Troll.

The dead giveaway is his perfect spelling and punctuation -- but he feigns the grammar of a very uneducated person.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 274 (view)

No Dinner
Posted: 7/31/2018 11:24:26 AM
That's pretty much what I'm feeling, too, Coma.

And I know that if I wound up caring for someone on their old age, I could handle it a LOT better if their disability was not something that was caused by their self-neglect.

Plus in the now -- I'm active and outdoorsy. I don't need financial or other help. I am looking for a good companion and activity partner. If they're the sedentary type, we're not a fit.

I want to find out whatever I feel is important as soon as possible. NOT find out that someone is a completely different person that they said they were 6 months later. It's easy enough to see what someone DOES not what they SAY.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 270 (view)

No Dinner
Posted: 7/31/2018 9:39:44 AM

Hell, I'm 38 and most women my age are out of shape and overweight.

But you do have standards, don't you?

Would you have a problem with men secretly testing you?

No, because I know that most men do test women in one way or another. We all do. We all want to find out if people are what they say they are. That's the purpose of a meet.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 264 (view)

Invest in a fleshlight
Posted: 7/30/2018 3:59:45 PM

Are you testing them because they might be fat and out of shape or because they might not like walking on a trail? I don't get the need for a test. You could just ask them if they like walking or you could just look at them to see if they're out of shape

Yes, I'm testing them for Both -- if they are out of shape AND if they like walking, being active and being outdoors.

At my age, most men are at least a little over weight and/or out of shape. Plus some have medical conditions that don't necessarily show up just by looking. Some men can handle light activity -- some not.

The reason feel the need to test is because not every man is truthful about what he enjoys, and actually does. . Some will tell a woman anything to get her attention.

Also some men live in the past. And are in denial about what they are capable of in the present
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 176 (view)

You know you are getting SCOLD when...
Posted: 7/29/2018 8:36:56 PM
You know you are getting OLD when you can relate to either of these songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4QzHeUE-CM
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 174 (view)

Posted: 7/29/2018 6:27:06 PM
Dayna --

Sure sorry. I didn't mean to appear to be making fun of the tub, or any folks who could use them. (Although, I don't even want to clean a regular tub, so I just shower).

I guess sometimes we just don't think.
Have ya'll ever notice how almost all ads for medical supplies and medicine feature mature, but still gorgeous models who appear to be in perfect health? Really. A lot of them probably work out.

(Except for Pat Boone -- personally, I think HIS tub could use a bigger drain. A LOT bigger drain.) LOL.

And, yes, other posters --Everything wears out and needs maintenance.

But I'm standing by my ridicule of PAT BOONE in the buff . YUCK!!!

L_LuuLuu
Msg: 162 (view)

Posted: 7/28/2018 6:06:33 AM
Purple Rider --

I would NEVER want to be the one to have to clean the walk in tub up later.
That would be a BIG job. Think about it.

Why don't people just take a shower. It IS cleaner for precisely the reason you mentioned.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 249 (view)

Invest in a fleshlight
Posted: 7/27/2018 5:23:19 AM
There's a little walking trail through Dallas that's laden with little bars and restaurants. My "test" is to meet someone for a drink and a short walk on the trail. If they can't even make it a 1/2 mile or so, -- we're not going to be a fit.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 155 (view)

Posted: 7/26/2018 8:31:34 PM
I know I'm getting OLD when I watch infomercials and:
MY PILOW MIKE looks cute to me.

*Sigh!*

But at least I know I'm not completely decrepit, because:
Pat Boone singing in the walk-in tub totally disgusts me.

Yuuuuuucccck!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 64 (view)

My senior citizen aged boyfriend has slept with 150 women; Why do I feel put off?
Posted: 7/26/2018 10:23:41 AM
I'm going to agree with New Yorker that people often do family things with the exes for the sake of their kids.

If, however you are still friends with the exes, OP, that would be your business at this point, since you and the older guy were not exclusive. If you had become exclusive with someone worthy of your commitment-- and, after you had given it appropriate time, they should be included as well. Everything should be open and above board, as you were. So, you were in the right on that one.

But I'm still saying -- based on what you have shared with us -- that there is a good likelihood this guy will try to make his way into your life.
I know he has given you an ultimatum. But that was most likely just a failed attempt to bully and manipulate you into doing what he wanted. Now that he has found out that won't work, he may well be back try to win you over again.
I hope that I am wrong -- but be prepared.

If his attempt to win you back fails, be prepared for this:
If you go back to the club again, be prepared to watch him do everything in his power to make you jealous. If you are not ABSOLUTELY SURE you could handle this behavior from him -- PLEASE don't go to the club at all.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 61 (view)

My senior citizen aged boyfriend has slept with 150 women; Why do I feel put off?
Posted: 7/26/2018 8:21:47 AM
Wade --

I'm just glad you moved on.

But just because you ended it, don't believe it's quite over yet.

Because he'll be back soon enough, with apologies or whatever he thinks it will take to weasel his way back into your life. Just take care -- and beware, please.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 7/25/2018 8:49:04 AM

Your hairstyle isn't your problem what the genius wants to do is change how you look period. You are fine the way you are in appearance.

No, TOMASLASAN --

I was the one who suggested the make over. NOT the OP's "boyfriend".

I do think it would give her more self confidence, and make her attractive to a wider range of men.

The way a woman looks and carries herself DOES have a HUGE effect on the type of man a woman will attract.

But, I agree. She can still love herself just the way she is. It's just a matter of doing it. And loving herself to dump the loser. But loving herself enough to understand that she may be fine on her own.
 l_LuuLuu

pure toxic
Posted: 7/25/2018 8:09:07 AM
Well, OP --

That's your side of the story.

Maybe she's really a jerk. Or maybe you both have a part in it.

Maybe some things you are writing and saying would make any woman crazy?
Who is to say based on the limited info you have provided?

Easy Answer!!! -- Just leave each other alone.
Maybe there's someone else just perfect for each of you.

And BTW: Against forum rules to call out another poster by name. Could get you banned.
And, yes. Some others do this and get away with it.
Some are not so lucky.
Either way it's against the rules.
Just sayin'...…

If she is actually stalking you on the site -- and continues to do so -- just block her.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 7/25/2018 7:53:16 AM
PLEASE DISREGARD MY LAST POST. CRAZY SITE WOULD NOT LET ME UPDATE IT. THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED.

How do I fix my hair?

Get a professional cut and learn to style it. Doesn't have to be short. Just not hanging there looking unkept and making you look frumpy. The long unstyled look can be cute on a woman in her teens or twenties. Maybe not so much after 40.

Why would I colour it? I am not ashamed of the grey in my hair and my new boyfriend thinks it is sexy and I get compliments from other people as well because of how my hair is greying.

As I said earlier -- to attract a CLASSIER man. If you're happy the types of men you've been telling us about, then no worries. But if you want something better from your life -- and you want people to treat your better -- then don't keep "proudly" refusing to change a thing about yourself. Don't demand that everyone should love you just as you are. They won't. Or even have a chance to get to know you if your appearance drives them away before the first "hello".

If you really do prefer OLDER men, then no worries. But a man near your age is not likely to be attracted to women with stringy grey hair.

I do wear makeup. It is subtle eyeshadow, brown mascara, and light coloured lipstick. Should I be wearing it heavier? If so, why?

No, you def don't need heavy make-up. But maybe adding VERY subltle eyeliner and some mascara, suitable for women your age would bring out your lovely eyes.

But overall, its about how you carry yourself. If your appearance is mousy, and you look like a victim, you will attract nothing but the type of victimizers you keep complaining to us about.

---

You mentioned counseling. I have no idea what couples counseling will do for you two.

The man already knows his behavior is disrespectful and hurtful to you. He know how to stop. But he chooses not to. Do you really think counseling will change him? Or just waste more of your time? And frustrate you more?

What if he does go to counseling. Does better for a while (until you're MORE hooked), then it's right back to the same old thing? Only now you're more invested than ever?

He and I have incredible chemistry and the mutual attraction is out of this world and the way he kisses makes me melt.

Dead give-away you're being manipulated. He makes you miserable most of the time. But you'll suffer through because those few moments when he kisses you (and you melt) make it all worth your while. What an emotional roller coaster.

He is a successful professional businessman and in the future I can see us working together to increase his success

Skilled manipulators will promise you the moon.

He slipped up. Sometimes people do that....

Depends on the type of "slip-up". An etiquette mistake, or saying something stupid -- no worries. But deliberately doing something mean and hurtful -- again!!! -- no way! More manipulation.

but if we walked away from everyone who made a mistake early on in a relationship there'd be many more unpartnered people

Not necessarily. There might be more partnered people out there if less time was wasted on Time Wasters.

But, you say you won't be leaving him. Your choice. So let us know how it goes.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 7/25/2018 7:30:18 AM
How do I fix my hair?

Get a professional cut and learn to style it. Doesn't have to be short. Just not hanging there looking unkept and making you look frumpy.

- Why would I colour it? I am not ashamed of the grey in my hair and my new boyfriend thinks it is sexy and I get compliments from other people as well because of how my hair is greying.

As I said earlier -- to attract a CLASSIER man. If you're the types of men you've been telling us about, then no worries. But if you want something better from your life -- and you want people to treat your better -- then don't keep "proudly" refusing to change a thing about yourself, and demanding that everyone should love you just as you are. They won't have a chance to get to know you if your appearance drives them away before the first hello.

If you really do prefer OLDER men, then no worries. But a man near your age is not likely to be attracted to women with stringy grey hair.

- I do wear makeup. It is subtle eyeshadow, brown mascara, and light coloured lipstick. Should I be wearing it heavier? If so, why?

No, you def don't need heavy make-up. But maybe learning good eye make up techniques suitable for women your age would improve your appearance.

But overall, its about how you carry yourself. If your appearance is mousy, and you look like a victim, you will attract nothing but the type of victimizers you keep complaining to us about.

I have no idea what couples counseling will do for you two.

The man already knows his behavior is disrespectful and hurtful to you. He know how to stop. But he chooses not to. Do you really think counseling will change him? Or just waste more of your time?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 3 (view)

My ex boyfriend is spreading nasty rumours about me .. how can I handle this??
Posted: 7/24/2018 7:46:31 PM
^^^^^

I'm going to agree with Dayna here, and add:

The less you deny these rumors, the less credible your ex will sound, and the more credible. Say nothing to anyone re: these stories unless you are asked about them.

Any accounts of these tales you are approached with should be met with surprised laughter on your part.

Just laugh them off -- NEVER go on the defensive. And never say anything negative about him to anyone.

Practice at home if you have to. This technique will make HIM look like the fool here -- not YOU.

This room, shall pass, as soon as the next ugly rumor is spread about someone else in your circle.

In the meantime, the folks who continue to spread this junk about you are NOT your friends, so no worries.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 7/24/2018 6:03:12 PM

I agree this is a train wreck in the making and I am suffering from major anxiety.

There it is in a Nutshell, Wades. All other arguments would just be a moot point after that revelation. Being with this man makes you feel horrible, so you know what to do.

Things were so much better when I didn't date anyone....

I feel your pain: There have been times in my own life, when I finally came to the conclusion that NO one was better than the one I had. I'm sure I'm not the only Fish that's had that epiphany before. A LOT of us have been there, so don't feel alone.

You don't need any more advice now. You already know what to do next.

…..and stayed home all of the time...…

I wouldn't take it that far.

Why not just get out, and enjoy your life and your interests in the company of other good people. Stay in touch with the friends you have now. And make more friends on meetup.com, or whatever activities site you have where you are.

Enjoy what you CAN have in this life. Don't throw the rest away just because you don't meet "anyone".

If you need to spend some time alone, spend it constructively. As other posters are trying to tell you in many other ways "there's a common denominator here".

Get on UTube for good counseling and advice on how to attract the quality men you want. How to spot and avoid the jerks.

Use the advice of the GOOD counselors to find out how to build your self esteem.
Hold your head up. Respect yourself. BE the person you want to marry.

You're naturally a very pretty woman. But your body language and how you carry yourself just might be at least part of your problems with men.

If you want to attract a classier man, you might consider a major make-over. Does NOT have to be expensive. Just learn to color and style your hair, do flattering subtle make up, and get a few more stylish looks.

I'm not saying you need to spend a fortune or hours of time on your appearance I'm not asking you to "be something you're not". But I am saying that the amount and type of effort you put in to your appearance is sending messages about your level of self esteem.

... which I've been doing for over a decade and just kinda dated here and there without major assault to my heart.

A decade its FAR to long to "get a rubber band and snap out of it!" And you CAN snap out of it, if that's what you find you REALLY want. At least give it a try. I promise it WON'T be easy. Lots of false starts., But a new, self-confident, happier YOU could emerge.

And if, after you try, you still want to just be alone. At least you know you are sure you made the right choice for YOU.

And most of all, OP --- DO NOT BASE YOUR SELF WORTH ON WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE A MAN.

You have to love YOURSELF before you can find the love of anyone else.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 7/24/2018 7:42:48 AM

Or should someone's past not have an effect on the present?

"The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior" -- Dr. Phil
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 1 (view)

Have the rules changed?
Posted: 7/22/2018 2:48:18 PM
I have been on POF forums for a while now, but have not been trying to meet anyone for a while now.
I am a non-paying member.

I sent a message to another member, but it appears deleted but not blocked -- as I can still see the member's profile. No worries about that, but:

I recently received what appeared to be part of a message from another non-paying member.
When I went to message back, I noted that I was only allowed to "Send a Quick" message to this person.

This made me wonder if there are message length restrictions for non paying members now.
So are there?

Show ALL Forums