Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why does inexperience make women so uncomfortable?
 mzinger1982
Msg: 75 (view)

Why does inexperience make women so uncomfortable?
Posted: 5/15/2014 7:40:18 PM
I did find that inexperience makes women uncomfortable, but there is a damned good reason why I haven't had much experience, and it was entirely beyond my control.

In 2005 (when I was 26), I was diagnosed with cancer (Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma). 8 rounds of chemo, and a bone marrow transplant were needed to deal with it. This took 4 years from me.

So, instead of getting my career off the ground and dating, my life stalled out and I was forced into dealing with it. I couldn't date..I couldn't even leave my house because the drugs were wreaking havoc on my immune system.

Having no experience up until 26, had to stall for a major health issue which rendered me incapable of having children, and only 2 gf's since then...even all of that, women STILL glance over that and say 'I can't date someone with not much experience, bye."

Yeah, like I asked to be sick.
 mzinger1982
Msg: 26 (view)

I am hoping someone can review my profile
Posted: 5/12/2014 6:56:00 PM
No, It's not.

I'm not that photogenic, I always feel I look crappy.
 mzinger1982
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 5/11/2014 1:41:57 PM
Doesn't matter what I think, because people always think their pics look good.

What counts to me is what others think.
 mzinger1982
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2014 9:09:58 AM
is my new picture any good?
 mzinger1982
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2014 5:38:18 PM
New pic, this time, a full body shot.
 mzinger1982
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2014 6:23:42 PM
Added in new pics that I just took today.
 mzinger1982
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 4/19/2014 6:02:26 PM
Working on the descriptions first, photos will come later.
 mzinger1982
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 4/19/2014 2:59:40 PM
- Removed the picture of me on the bed, even though that was my one and only full body shot without someone else in the picture.
- No mention of Ben Stiller or Will Ferrell.
- Expanded on my tastes in music.
- Different ending line.
 mzinger1982
Msg: 1 (view)

Picture requirement
Posted: 4/18/2014 6:23:57 PM
I wish that POF would require users to have at minimum 1 picture in order to reply to messages or to initialize a conversation with someone.

As far as I'm concerned, a user without a picture either has something to hide, or they are not that serious about meeting people.

Plus, it would eliminate the 'can you send me a pic' step that people have to take
 mzinger1982
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 4/18/2014 5:52:23 PM
Changed headline, added a full body shot, took out some filters (though I did keep 'live in Canada' since I don't want a long-distance relationship and I kept 'must have a picture' because I want to know what the person looks like)
 mzinger1982
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 4/18/2014 3:21:21 PM
Took some advice and changed my profile a bit.

I've reduced the restrictions, removed some images, and changed my description.

Is it better? worse?
 mzinger1982
Msg: 886 (view)

Adults living at home with Mom and Dad
Posted: 4/13/2014 4:24:05 PM
Just because an adult lives with their mom and dad doesn't mean they are lazy or can't get a job. Sometimes, something in their life threw a curve ball their way to derail their life and it wasn't in their control.

Me, for example. I was diagnosed with cancer in 2005. Had my last treatment in 2008. This was at a time when my career *should have* begun, but, of course not. I had to quit my job at the time and undergo poisonous treatment just to get rid of it. Now, I am fighting and clawing my way back to a 'normal' life. I still haven't found a full time permanent job yet, but I am trying very hard.

Right now, my current situation is that my parents own a house in a town about an hour away from the city, and they own the condo that I live in, and that I pay rent for. They sometimes come to town, but mostly, I'm living alone.
 mzinger1982

When to reveal cancer past?
Posted: 4/13/2014 3:54:54 PM
When is a good time to reveal a past health issue that could potentially be a deal breaker?

In 2005, I was diagnosed with cancer. Everything is good now because of the treatments, but it will be a part of my life forever now. Also, because of the treatments, having kids is not an option, or the chances of having kids is too small. Having cancer and needing to go through with the treatments is also the reason why I haven't had much of a dating life - I just couldn't.

That is a lot for someone to take in.

When would a good time be to reveal this kind of information? First date? Second? I'd rather not waste someone's time and string them along for weeks or months when this kind of information would be a deal-breaker.
 mzinger1982

Posted: 4/13/2014 3:41:17 PM
Can someone review my profile, and give me tips on how to improve it?

I want to know everything wrong with it, from the headline, to the content.

It has been over a year, probably more, since I changed it.
 SilverBlade2k09
Msg: 76 (view)

MTS or Shaw??
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:34:35 AM
I use MTS for phone and internet access.

When I was moving into the city, I was trying to decide on which company to get my internet access from. After 30 seconds of research (literally), I decided on MTS for my net access.

Shaw has a very stupid and unnecessary download limit of 150 gigs per month. I download a lot of stuff from usenet and well..150 gigs would take me 3 days EASILY to use up. I personally don't see how they can justify a limit when they also offer a cable TV signal. You probably receive a lot more then 150 gigs worth of data if you watch TV for 3 days straight.

MTS has no such download limits. So that's why I went with them.
 SilverBlade2k09
Msg: 440 (view)

Introduction
Posted: 8/9/2009 5:32:13 PM
Hey there, just introducing myself.

I am a 27, a very loyal and fun loving guy.

I hope to meet some nice people from here in the near future.

Show ALL Forums