Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Can We Change Some One
 JuliaMae
Msg: 3 (view)

Can We Change Some One
Posted: 6/16/2008 3:26:22 PM
Just a little misunderstanding here. I have never had any intention to try and change anyone. I happen to think that acceptance is extreamly important in a relationship.
I wanted to know what others think.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 1 (view)

Can We Change Some One
Posted: 6/16/2008 12:23:23 PM
I would like to know how others feel about trying to change another person. If you read a profile that you think is just great if only a few little things were different is it fair to contact that person with the idea that you can change them?
I think not but would like to hear other opinions.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 22 (view)

internet dating - complicated?
Posted: 6/13/2008 10:04:47 AM
Duffster
Very definately internet dating is more complicated than it needs to be. Many people post profiles that they think will attract members of the opposite sex never mind if it is true or not. I do wish I could find a truly honest man in real life and not just on a profile on POF. I have not yet met a man who lives up to his profile. But there is that saying, " we are really three people, the person that others percieve us to be, the person we percieve ourselves to be and the person we really are." So perhaps the intent is to be truthful.
Many men want to meet some one so much younger than themselves I simply do not qualify. Chemistry and personal appearance seem to be the main criteria that decides who most people will want to meet and I do not believe that instant chemistry is a strong bassis for a relationship. Admittedly I complicate things a bit more because I am country and have no wish to live in a city and this limits my choices.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 482 (view)

Why do so many people seem to hate cops?
Posted: 6/11/2008 10:17:09 AM
There are good and bad in all professions but of them all it is the cops that protect and cover up for each other when one of them does something illegal. They also make incomplete reports and hide things from the public. Things that we have the right to know.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 481 (view)

Posted: 6/11/2008 9:56:54 AM
Sure there are good cops but there are also sadistic power hungry cops who carry weapons and use them. How do I tell one from the other? If you pull me over you can run a check and know all about me in minutes. I have to take a law enforcement officer on faith and I have lost that faith and with good reason.
And for all the decent cops out there I do admire the job you do and I do not want to lump you into a catagory so I stay as far away from cops as I can, because I can not recognize you from the others.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 480 (view)

Posted: 6/11/2008 9:34:10 AM
I do not hate cops. At one time I really admired them. Then came the Tazer and so many horror stories often backed up by video's. No of course Tazers do not kill it just so happens that there are numerous cases of people that die after being Tazered. At one time I felt safe because we had cops to call or go to if we needed some one. Now I feel very much alone. Some cops use the tazer to quickly without asking questions and they also use it as a method of control in non-threatening situations. No I do not hate the cops I am afraid of them. I am a law abiding citizen,I have a clean drivers licence and I am bondable so I am not afraid of them because of what I have done or what I am, I am afraid of them because of what some of them have become. If by some fluk I ended up in a dangerous situation I would hesitate to call in law enforcement who may taser me in seconds, because they think I am the bad guy, me and ask questions later but later could be to late. I know there are still good cops out there and it is unfortunate that others are making thier job more difficult. Believe me I am not comfortable with the fact that I no longer trust the cops but common sense tells me I would be a fool to do so.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 50 (view)

Your Pet or YourRelationship?
Posted: 6/11/2008 8:42:08 AM
You are absolutely right Carrie. But you forgot to mention that if some one truly loved you, would they ask you to give up your dog knowing how much it would hurt you?
I too have a dog and would not even consider giving him up. He is my best friend.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 2 (view)

When sexual desire starts and ends?
Posted: 3/3/2008 5:20:47 PM
Age is not the number of years that you have lived. If you believe that you will lose sexual desire and ability as you age you probably will. If you believe you will not, you will probably remain sexually active. The intensity of sexual desire has a lot more to do with a persons personality and sex drive then thier age. I have noticed that people with a fulfilling sex life seldom talk about sex. We seem to live in a society that is obsessed with sex. I never email a man who has a handle that refers to sex or one who has to brag about it. A well adjusted man would have no need to. Enough said.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 189 (view)

what is it that u find in peoples profile pictures that turn u off right away?
Posted: 10/12/2007 8:50:45 PM
Pictures do not turn me off. I am much more interested in an intelligent conversation than a handsome face.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 223 (view)

Are people these days 'too picky'...
Posted: 5/22/2007 8:28:44 PM
No people are not too picky.They lack self-confidence and need to find the perfect partner to help them feel good about themself.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 9 (view)

Does anyone know what love really is ?
Posted: 5/22/2007 8:17:46 PM
your "last" girlfriend?
 juliamae
Msg: 63 (view)

do batterers change?
Posted: 4/23/2007 1:20:59 PM
Batterers seldom change.If every thing is so great since she went back why is she still talking to you. I think there are some dangerous head games going on here and some one could get hurt badly. If it is her choice to stay with him you probably are not helping matters by hanging around.
 juliamae
Msg: 19 (view)

People who are in pain because their lovers are still married...
Posted: 4/23/2007 1:09:31 PM
I wonder how old the daughter is. It must be hard for her to tell other people that daddy does not sleep with mommy. If she loves both parents she is probably trying to deal with a lot of emotional issues. What I do not see anything funny about is this mother does not want to lose her daughter but she does not seem to care how much she is hurting the child with her behavior. No ifs, buts, or maybes a child pulled between her parents HURTS.
 juliamae
Msg: 157 (view)

Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/19/2007 6:52:46 PM
Great attitude.I am 60 and my waist length hair is not grey yet.Long hair is much easier to keep nice and I like it. I will probably have long grey hair one day. I can't please every one so I please myself and besides I like grey. Today I am 60, I could cut my hair,color my hair and spend a fortune in beauty parlours and guess what, I would still be 60.
 juliamae
Msg: 73 (view)

Is It Adultery?!
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:19:37 AM
The word adultery is in the bible,it is also in the dictionary. If you have to hide anything from your spouse it is WRONG.

Show ALL Forums