Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: POF in Lady Gaga video
 thetangypanda
Msg: 12 (view)

POF in Lady Gaga video
Posted: 3/15/2010 10:02:34 AM
Oh heck, the whole video is just an example of some of the fun and excitement that singles have to look forward to on here. Fights, cat calls, being poisoned at dinner.... Why, if I had a nickel for every first date I had with a woman who wore sunglasses made out of cigarettes I would be a rich man.
Plus I think I had a date once with the girl who got her butt kicked in the holding cell. Looks just like her.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 40 (view)

Too Many Choices For A Computer
Posted: 1/24/2009 12:58:28 PM
I shall be the voice in the wilderness, crying out into the night...

You have indicated that the many many choices out there can be confusing. I would speculate that once you got a computer, you may feel further confusion as you have to deal with the multitude of spyware, malware, privacy issues, weekly security updates, registry repair, viruses, drivers.... etc etc.

As a person who has worked with computers for well over a decade... and who has custom built many a machine.... and who has worked in computer labs and IT... I will give you the advice I would give anyone who is either overwhelmed by the many choices and chores that go along with a PC. Or the same advice I would give someone who is just sick of dealing with computer headaches.

Three words.... Get A Mac.

You want to edit photos? The Mac comes with not only a built in camera that will let you take photos (and record and edit video), but also software that will let you sort, edit, and organize them. You want to work with music and media? Easy as pie on a Mac. Heck, it comes with software that allows you to create your own music and/or edit your files. Want to surf the web? Do it with ease and security on a Mac. There is a very small amount of viruses and spyware out there compared to what you will run into... and what will automatically install itself on your machine without you knowing... while surfing on a Windows machine. From what I have read, the average Windows machine is compromised security-wise within an hour after being first hooked to the net. There are hundreds of thousands of attacks aimed at Windows. Very few aimed at the Mac.

But... if you have to go with a cheapo Windows based machine, there are many nice ones out there. I have yet to have trouble with Acers. HPs are ok if you keep up with all the scheduled updates and maintenance. Or... just build one on your own, and get an OEM copy of Windows XP... or Linux... to install on it. Parts are cheap, and the building process is pretty straight forward and logical. Lots of guides on how to do it online... or get some help from the local computer part store.

Just avoid Dells. I have worked in a couple Dell labs. Nothing but heartache. But it was good job security for all of us in the computer repair center. Friends don't let friends buy Dells.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 5 (view)

cancer fish in profiles & soldiers crosses
Posted: 1/24/2009 12:34:09 PM
I always thought it was a ribbon, not a fish. It looks just like the ribbon mag you see on many people's cars for soldiers and the like. And considering I have seen it in the profiles of people who are non christian... I doubt it be a fish. I think it is a ribbon.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 11 (view)

Spyware and popups with no protection.
Posted: 12/6/2008 1:02:46 PM

The best spyware program is one live care from microsoft everthing else is a joke.

I would not trust a spyware program from the company that also makes the OS that is very vulnerable to spyware in the first place.

To me, that logic is along these lines: Hey, the Ford dealership sold me a car with crappy engine that leaks oil. I think I will go back to that dealership and pay them to keep topping off the oil. It doesn't fix the problem or excuse the crappy engine construction in the first place.... but at least my engine won't seize up. Maybe.... ;)
 thetangypanda
Msg: 6 (view)

Madonna concert tour,,Why dont some men like her????
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:49:27 AM
I think that the joke is old. Yes, she likes sex. And likes to party. We get it. We got it back in 1989. She makes good music, and the stuff she makes today is some of her best I think... but I don't think she should try so hard to be in the spotlight. She should be more like an AC/DC type performer. Nobody but hardcore fans should care... except for every now and then when a hit single reaches the charts.

Wait... scratch that. AC/DC doesn't make hit singles anymore. But you know what I mean. They aren't always in your face going "look at me!" They just make their music.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 14 (view)

Can we pray for peace?
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:38:24 AM
Giving up control... giving up action.... leaving the fate of the world to the whims of some supernatural being that nobody can prove even exists? That is not the way to bring any kind of positive change into the world.

But then again, neither is calling said beings 1-800 message line and leaving a message asking for a personal favor between you and him. Yes, praying for peace. I doubt it is a new concept. It did not work with Zeus, Thor, Ra, Santa Clause, Gaia, the sun, Loki, or any of the thousands of other local gods and goddesses throughout the eons... why would it suddenly work now with whatever god is the flavor of the moment or is the religion of choice in your neck of the woods?

Neither one of those solutions will do. What we must do is become the change that we want to see in the world. Personal action and work to influence the world in a positive way . And while we are at it, work to rid the world of the things that break the peace. Hunger. Poverty. Prejudice. Maybe even religion... ironically. After all, praying for peace doesn't work to motivate people, but killing or forcing your views on others for the glory of god somehow does... and that breaks the peace.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 17 (view)

advice (or resource info) on purchasing a laptop
Posted: 9/1/2008 11:00:08 AM

Lastly, Dell is a good company for people who just want a working computer. If something goes wrong, they will take it right away, fix it and ship it back in less then a week, which is pretty amazing.

And with a Dell, something is very likely to go wrong. That is why they are so good at replacing their machines... they had to do it so often.

Remember, you want to save money... in this case you get what you pay for. Six hundred or less for a laptop is only gonna get you a junker that will last maybe 6 months before it starts to bog down with problems.

I can understand spending that much and building a desktop machine. You will get a much better build quality and better parts than getting a laptop for that price.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 463 (view)

It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 9/1/2008 10:15:04 AM
I bet John McCain is Palin's daughter's baby daddy. Thats why he picked Palin for the VP. Not only can he help keep the scandal quite with the soon to be mom around, but he is planning ahead. Now he can be close to not only a younger woman (Sarah Palin) to replace his second wife (since he has been known to replace a wife before when she was broken, so to speak), but also he will have access to some soon-to-be-legal booty from the daughter when Sarah Palin gets a bit too long in the tooth and he looks for a replacement for her as well.

Don't hate the McPlayer. Hate the McGame.

And remember: Vote Values - Vote GOP.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 27 (view)

Women proposing to men!
Posted: 8/25/2008 8:35:28 PM
I think if it were meant for both sexes to ask one another in marriage it would of started like that from the beginning.

Why yes... I am sure that the expectation for men to ask women has nothing to do with the whole noting of a patriarchal society and the whole notion that men should make all the decisions.

In fact, why do some of you people cherry pick your beliefs in traditions? If we want to keep things the way they were "From the beginning" (since we have records of the beginning from reliable sources after all, and we can actually measure such things), then lets go all out. Not only should men have to ask for a woman's hand in marriage, but the woman should have no choice in it! Yes, in many traditions the woman had no say in who she married. Thats new fangled nonsense! Also, she and her family best pay a dowery and give up some land for the honor of marrying the man (unless you live in one of the societies that believed in a dowery for the woman, then in that case the guy better pony up)... and she best be a virgin, cause if the man discovers otherwise on the wedding night then he can divorce her... or kill her depending on where you live.

Yep... no point in picking and choosing what BS traditions to follow... thats not fair! No matter how stupid or outdated the idea or tradition is... we should follow them all!

But then again, I am just old fashioned.

Oh, and I am speaking to the women as well, so now you can reply to this topic since you should not speak until spoken to. That is traditional too, and traditions just rock!

Oye.

In all seriousness, it doesn't matter who proposes. Nor does it matter who's last name you take, nor does it matter who stays at home to raise the kids if you make that family choice. If a woman has a stick up her butt about "tradition", and a man has a stick up his butt about "tradition", then they can play whatever roles they want I guess. I would just be open to more modern ideas should they come my way. Equal opportunity proposer here.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 8 (view)

How does a single parent meet people??
Posted: 8/23/2008 3:44:19 PM
First I take my kid to daycare. Then I stand by the off-ramp on the Interstate holding a cardboard sign that says "Will Date For Food".

I have not had too much luck as of yet, but I keep trying.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 4 (view)

Apple products worth their high price?
Posted: 8/23/2008 3:24:26 PM
Windows Media files have better sound quality over .acc? Thats the funniest thing I have read in weeks. No offense, but ACC was developed by a group of companies that includes Dolby and Sony. Companies that understand sound quality. Windows Media was developed by Microsoft, and much like AVI and a couple other video compression formats that nobody cares about was Microsoft's attempt to dominate the media industry. They do not care about quality... they just want the licensing fees.

ACC is the standard audio format for two out of the three major new generation video game systems.

It is part of the MPEG-4 standard.

Windows Media is the schlock that you listen to on Windows Media Player.

Beyond all of that... if you actually listen to a song in the Windows Media Player Format and the ACC format one after the other with any sort of decent headphones, you will hear the range and sound reproduction are far superior in the ACC format. Run it by musicians or djs and most will agree.

Seriously.... just wow. It is a rocking format. I have worked with musicians and in radio before. I would never go back to another format.

Anyway, I will agree with the previous poster that SanDisk makes really good mp3 players. So does Samsung. I have seen those things kicked across the floor and dropped two stories and come out playing music just fine. If all you are doing is music, you should do fine with an off brand. You should also do very well with a Nano. It is a very solid mp3 player that has a very easy navigation system and has lots and lots of support and accessories.... plus it does really awesome with video too.

Just make sure that whatever you get can play mp3 files... since that is what most people use anyway. Or if you are a bit of an audio snob (like I can be at times), make sure it does ACC as well. Most decent players can do all of em.

I would avoid the Zune, as the navigation system is based on Windows CE. While Windows CE has been said to be more secure than the version of Windows you have on your computer, it is still at its base Windows. Thus its only a matter of time before someone develops viruses and spyware for it.... if the zune ever gets a big enough market following that is.
 thetangypanda

Conseravtive Tax Cuts for Married Couples
Posted: 8/23/2008 2:46:21 PM

ahh another member of the immense CSPAN viewership.

Yes... there are twenty of us and we are growing in numbers by the... um... year? Maybe.

lol.

I would not see any big deal about a tax break for people being married. As long as it was applied to all couples, and marriage (and the tax break that goes along with it) was open to both straight and homosexuals who wish to marry.

Plus, the British are already pretty heavily taxed as it is. A little break would not hurt. Just be careful to make sure the tax break is not so huge that it endangers the funding for any of the public programs that the society has.
 thetangypanda

Conseravtive Tax Cuts for Married Couples
Posted: 8/23/2008 9:40:49 AM
Americans know about British politics. Like millions of my fellow citizens, I know I am glued to the tv every time CSPAN shows Prime Minister's Questions. It is a rip roaring good time.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 2 (view)

Gays in Military - up for review
Posted: 7/29/2008 6:43:46 PM
I had a student of mine who came back from boot camp tell me that there is a sort of a subtle indoctrination against gays in the military... or at least there was in his boot camp. The drill sergeant would say things like "you don't want no gays in your platoon, cause they might be starring at your azz instead of at the enemy!"

And other crap like that.

Sad thing is that he used to be really open minded. Now he seems to hold some of those prejudices in his heart. Tear them down and build them up... but what are we building them into?
 thetangypanda

Ted Stevens, R-Ala., indicted
Posted: 7/29/2008 5:47:10 PM
Is this the guy who tried to get congress to pay for the "bridge to nowhere?"
 thetangypanda

imagine the beauty of a libertarian controlled congress..
Posted: 7/29/2008 5:45:57 PM
Assuming for a moment that the founding fathers were Libertarians, which I would doubt, then do keep in mind that societies evolve as their needs and the times change. Perhaps the libertarian line of thinking worked back in a time when we were a wilderness type of country, and people had little or no empathy for each other. As our society has grown and evolved, we have come to see that we need to help raise up each other in order for society as a whole to improve. Then as that society improves, the status of the people in it improves. Its a cycle.

I just do not see a benefit in the slit-your-neighbors-throat-to-benefit-you-own-azz mentality that I have seen in many libertarians. In a modern civilization, it really has no place. Perhaps it would work well in the third world, but in the first world we have grown beyond that.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 3 (view)

My Generation: Some thoughts on what is next for us
Posted: 7/29/2008 5:37:42 PM

What is next? I see liberalism taking hold and thus, the downturn of our society. Our past morals and values which made this country as it is today, is now in question (i.e. God, the Bible, the Admendment, etc.).
It's a shame that our forefathers fought and died for our freedom of God and Country, is now somehow being forgotten.
I see that divorce rate is alot higher today and thus, the traditional American family is diminishing to single mothers/fathers raising kids.

One of the nice things about societies is that they grow and evolve. If they are lucky, they do not stay stuck in outdated modes of thinking. Some of the quoted stuff above is an example of the attitudes that our country is slowly outgrowing, and we should be very happy about it.

But one would ponder... what would the poster prefer? Instead of women and men being able to escape unhappy and abusive relationships, they are forced to stay together in misery because of religious virtues? Is that the traditional American family? The submissive (probably because she is beaten that way) wife who stays home and raises the kids, while the dad is out working or hanging with his buddies? If we go back to that.... that is not progress. That is regression.

And as for the whole god issue... there are over 100 gods that are worshiped by various people around the country. However, many people seem to have the attitude that one god is somehow better or the true god. That is the problem with a state that is driven by religion. Even with the first amendment, when religion is allowed to strangle our society, it is easy to see how the Constitution says all faiths are equal... but in practice some gods are more equal than others. Again, limitation is regression.

Thankfully, our society is slowly evolving past this. We may not see this UPturn completely in our lifetimes, as there are too many people who cannot think on a higher plain... but it will come. And this country will be better because of it.

Of course, I am speaking as a person who has put many hours of thought into this subject while I was raising my child alone in our "diminished" family.
 thetangypanda

imagine the beauty of a libertarian controlled congress..
Posted: 7/29/2008 3:35:51 PM
mmmmmm, if one wants a gutting of essential government services, unnecessary tax cuts in the name of 'liberty' and 'personal freedom', and an even larger lack of regulation and government oversight of business and industry so they can REALLY run hog wild, then yes it does sound dreamy.

Although I prefer my government to be ran by people who aren't one step above the militia men who live in the mountains of Montana, hoarding guns and spouting conspiracy theories. So I think thats another reason to pass on a libertarian ran government.
 thetangypanda

Presidential Memorial Initiative in California
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:48:49 PM
Well, it is hard to think of something any more fitting for Bush.

Although there is no way I am going to go into that memorial's gift shop!
 thetangypanda
Msg: 7 (view)

tithing to the church
Posted: 7/18/2008 11:39:46 AM

Presuming that you are a tax payer......you pay probably pay more than 10% of your income to a government that generously grants a tax exempt status to your church......tell them that you'll pay your tithe to the church when the church pays its tithe to the government.

Yes, I have to admit that I have thought about starting a church because of these two lines of thought. Can you imagine it? You run a business that people feel obligated to pay 10% of their income to, and you run it tax free. What a gig.

Every time I see people talking about a tithe, I think about Robert Tilton. Remember that guy? Based his whole teleministry on tithe. The entire 30 minutes he would talk about how if you sent him 10% of your income, or more, you would be blessed tenfold. He would throw in a few random bouts of gibberish, and a convenient 1-800 number to call your 'love gift' in. Nice.

Always had a negative impression of the word tithe because of him.
 thetangypanda

Good Hiking In Az...
Posted: 7/17/2008 1:50:39 PM
Anywhere in Flagstaff... because a hot day there is 80 degrees. lol.
 thetangypanda

Car Speakers 6 rounds
Posted: 7/17/2008 12:28:04 AM
If you have the space in the deck, I would skip the 6's and put in 6X9's instead. I like the sound better.
 thetangypanda

Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY), reckless behavior
Posted: 7/15/2008 11:21:27 PM
I guess the senator also forced that bank to make all those bad loans too. What an evil man.
 thetangypanda

Things to do at Walmart while shopping with spouse
Posted: 7/5/2008 9:15:33 PM
17. Try to buy some moral values so you realize the way Walmart ****s over our society.... and then never shop there again.
 thetangypanda

What is the sexiest thing you have ever done?
Posted: 7/2/2008 2:27:09 PM
The sexiest thing I have ever done is post in this thread... right here, right now.

*sobs quietly*
 thetangypanda

Internet Cigarette Legislation
Posted: 6/16/2008 4:04:17 PM
Well, I must say that my heart bleeds with nothing but sorrow for the smokers who have to work that much harder to avoid paying taxes on their habit. And I also feel for the libertarians of both genders who get their panties in a wad when it comes to taxes and regulations. Especially the male ones, because libertarians wear thongs, and they chafe.

However, I look back at a news story I saw that showed how easy it was for kids as young as 11 to order cigarettes via the internet... and I would say that anything that helps curb that is a positive step. Perhaps it is a small step... but every barrier you can throw in the path of teen smoking is a good thing. It may be an inconvenience for adults who wish to obtain cheaper smokes... but thats too bad. Suck it up, buttercup. And try not to hack it back out as you cough up a lung.
 thetangypanda

Alright im done
Posted: 1/26/2008 2:14:52 PM
At any moment, the Spice Girls will move to Stockholm. Soon they will dump their current men and come to POF, on the prowl looking for hot Euro-studs to satisfy their needs.

And you will not be here for them.

You will break their hearts.

Especially Posh Spice. She has hit rock bottom, man. She is banging a soccer player right now, you know. SOCCER PLAYER. Thats the best she can do. I mean come on. She will need a real man.

She will need you.

So don't go. Stay. Do it for Posh.

And maybe Baby Spice too. She is cute.

And Sporty... Do it for Sporty. Be here for her. Be ready to take her into your arms... if you have a paper bag to put over her head... or you are in a dark dark dark room and you don't think of her album covers...
 thetangypanda

DNA Registry...Should be worldwide and mandatory!
Posted: 1/5/2008 3:13:56 PM
This is a slippery slope. Is this information really necessary to keep in one place? Are we that paranoid about having an unsolved crime happen against us?

Secondly... who would keep this information? The government? Do you really trust them to keep the information and not use it in ways to gain political advantage? Surely the past seven years has taught you better than that....

Or would you prefer the information be held by a private company who would be likely to sell the information to make a profit? Or have all that sensitive information in one place that it could be stolen by a hacker?

A database like this would not stop crime... crimes would happen. The death penalty doesn't stop it... what makes you think a database like this would?
 thetangypanda

Gas prices to near or top $4 a gallon by spring, so vote for Hillary?
Posted: 12/27/2007 6:24:48 PM
"My professor has predicted and I can't disagree with him that by the end of 2008 the price of a barrel of oil will be over $175 and at the end of 2009 it will be up over $225. And that is all regardless of who the president is. That is going to be fun, don't you agree?"

Well, perhaps then we will invade Holdfast's neck of the woods. Alberta has a nice supply of oil... and apparently brainwashed conservitives. According to some people, the US needs more of both....
 thetangypanda

What To Do In A Small Town....
Posted: 11/11/2007 1:30:59 PM
Heck, the challange of living in a small town is finding someone to date in the first place. I think other people in that small town know the same thing... and the shock and novelty of finding another attractive eligible single may be enough to entertain the both of you on at least the first date. :)
 thetangypanda

Whose brand of Christianity is the correct one?
Posted: 10/12/2007 11:01:58 PM

Please note that the divisions within Protestantism are completely different than those with Catholicism. The divisions in Protestantism are the reason for denominations. There are no denominations in Catholicism. The Catholic Church is divided into two Rites: Eastern and Western. The Western rite houses the Roman CC. In the East, there are 22 ethnic-based churches. Eg: The Ukrainian-Greek Catholic Church.

What are the differences? In the Eastern Rite, for example, priests can be married.

Each Rite has Benedict as Christ's Vicar and head of the visible Christian church. Each one administers communion as the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ.

Protestant views vary trmendously from denomination to denomination.

Incorrect. Firstly, the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church are not and do not consider themselves two branches of the same tree. So you can't truely say that they are the 'eastern and western' branches.

Secondly, the Eastern Orthodox Church recognizes the Patriarch of Constantinople to be its spiritual leader, not the pope.

Thirdly, the Roman Catholic Church does allow married priests, provided that the priests were married before they converted, and they converted over from another close faith (eastern orthodox or Angligan). It is rare but it does happen.

Forthly, if one were to consider Roman Catholic church to be the sole representation of the western church, you are missing out on many other faiths (Ukranian Catholics, Romanian Catcholics, among others), who have seperated from the RCC on several issues but are still in communion with the church. Some still do their own thing, but use the pope as their figurehead.

So its not nearly as simplistic as you stated.

However, your summary of figuring out religious beliefs of protestants is pretty much dead on. Its a giant clusterphuck of beliefs that vary from denomination to denomination... and heck sometimes from church to church within the denominations themselves.
 thetangypanda

you GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Posted: 9/27/2007 10:34:49 PM
As a person who has seen far too many pedestrians who think they own the road, I applaud any attempts to get them to wise up. Right-of-way means nothing if you get hit by a car and end up 6 feet deep.
 thetangypanda

Women, what do you want from men other than money ?
Posted: 7/19/2007 9:31:54 AM
Money? Heck I have something far better than money to offer women.
*checks breath*
*slicks back hair*
*pulls out food stamp card*

Ladies.... lets hit the town. The Burger King lets you have it your way, AND he lets you have it on food stamps. YEAAAAAH!

thetangypanda
Msg: 14 (view)

MAC or WIndows...
Posted: 7/1/2007 7:38:53 AM
I find it amusing that there are so many old stereotypes about computers. As I worked on a publication on InDesign earlier this year I was happy that the standard Apple mighty mouse had right click. Neither the Mac revolving around Quark nor the one button only mouse are true anymore. Its like the IT guy I had to deal with earlier this year saying that a Mac wasn't compatible with the network because of Apple Talk... don't even use Apple Talk anymore.

I have bought pre-built machines (like an Emachine that lasted forever), I have done custom builds. I have bought a Mac. I have run pc computer labs with several models. I have run Mac labs. In reality, its all good.

Unless its a Dell. Then its just a really expensive paperweight.

I do lots of video editing, web design, and publications type stuff in my job. I have worked with both platforms. If given the choice, I would chose a Mac anyday. I don't have to play the "will the computer 'see' the camera today" game with a Mac. To paraphase the commercials... it just works. Photoshop is great on both platforms. And I love Avid and FCP, both of which you can find on a Mac. Now, PCs have Adobe Premiere.... but Macs will soon have that too.

The only real thing I do like about hopping on a Windows machine is that I worked with them so long I can sometimes find stuff a bit easier. Plus I love dinking around with the registry. Thats always fun.

Honestly, its a preference thing. Many movies and tv shows are done on PC. Many are done on a Mac. Its not the platform that gets you a job in the industry... its the basic skills and the ability to learn. Same goes for photo editing, publishing, desktop business and all that. The day that I become so exclusive to one platform that I can't figure out the other is the day I know I am in trouble.
 thetangypanda

The Operating Systems That I have loved.
Posted: 7/1/2007 7:09:02 AM
When I was a little kid my parents got me some computer from radio shack. I think it was some sort of comadore. It was a keyboard and computer all in one thing. It had a sort of OS that I really liked. Having to tell the computer to run everything I shoved in the side cart was fun... but the best part was having to enter 10 lines of code to turn the screen green.

0010 accept color changes
0020 font color default
0030 .... oh I forget the rest.

I also really liked Windows 3.1 and 98. Now... huge huge fan of Mac OSX
 thetangypanda

does anyone on here play disc golf
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:57:07 AM
Its a fun game. I have played it all over Missouri. I only know of one course in Arizona, and whenever I am in that town I play it when I can. Its really relaxing and a great way to meet friendly people.

Don't laugh at me cause I play frolf.... lol
 thetangypanda
Msg: 11 (view)

God is a white female
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:54:26 AM
Didn't Alanis Morrisette play god in a movie? That would prove it... god is a white whiney canadian woman who writes songs with long convoluted verses that don't rhyme very well.
 thetangypanda

Would you agree a dunk in water is a no-brainer if it can save lives? A seven year old??
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:49:18 AM
If that seven year old were liberal (or watched a network that is supported by liberals like PBS), Fox news would probably broadcast the torture live and giggle with glee over it.
 thetangypanda

GOP has jobs US workers won't do? Or can a Canadian save them?
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:35:04 AM
Maybe they just wanted an outsiders perspective. Sometimes someone from a different area can add a new and fresh perspective.
 thetangypanda

FAIRTAX RALLY, COLUMBIA, SC MAY 15th
Posted: 5/14/2007 7:23:41 PM
Yes, I look forward to the "fair tax" and watching it as it drives our consumer based economy into the ground when it jacks up the prices of goods.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 13 (view)

Apple iPhone
Posted: 5/6/2007 10:45:08 PM
I am not a business person, so I don't need a portable computer on my phone. And I am not a teenager, so I don't need the newest coolest thing when it comes out. I doubt I would get one.

Hell, I dropped my last cell phone in the toilet. I can only imagine how I would screw up the iPhone.
 thetangypanda

Ozone Layer - A closer look at public fraud
Posted: 5/6/2007 10:39:11 PM
Those billions could have been spent developing cleaner burning fuels, increasing fuel burning efficiencies in cars and installing pollution control devices... but odds are they wouldn't have. There is little movement on environmental change unless there is a profit to be made.
 thetangypanda

hybrid heavy trucks in 2009
Posted: 5/6/2007 10:34:05 PM
Well, I would like a truck that runs on hamster power. That would be sweet. And cute too.
 thetangypanda

Someone at Google has a sense of humor!!
Posted: 4/27/2007 8:36:58 PM
Mapquest would send you across the Pacific and then driving across Asia instead... and if you follow their directions to the letter, you will end up in the middle of Africa instead of in London...
 thetangypanda

Book Burning in the Bible?
Posted: 4/27/2007 8:13:27 PM
Its amazing how some people can justify acts of bigotry and ignorance such as book burning.

But then again, the bigotry and ignorance of racial prejustice and homophobia are done in the name of religion too... so why not book burning?
 thetangypanda

Sticky Notes Program?
Posted: 4/13/2007 11:15:16 PM
Mac's come with a really nifty sticky note widget...
 thetangypanda

Secularism on the march?!
Posted: 4/13/2007 10:58:19 PM
As the members of society as a whole get more educated, they start to look to logic and common sense for many of their answers. They start to use thought. They start to see a world with a million shades of gray rather than a place with solid black or white absolutes. They start to think for themselves, rather than looking towards ancient stories or robed men for answers.

Some would call that sort of thing a rise of secularism. Others could call it natural evolution.... which the concept of evolution ironicly in of itself is logical and opposed by many religions...
 thetangypanda
Msg: 59 (view)

Is it me, or does radio suck these days?
Posted: 3/22/2007 9:45:51 AM
Its not really a conspiracy by the record companies to pay big money to have their stuff played... its simple economics. The radio station has to keep as many people tuned in on the quarter hours as possible so they can charge enough money to the advertisers to make a profit. That means that they have to play music that is a safe bet for the majority of the people who listen to their particular format. That typically means that the stuff that is viewed as popular is considered to be safe... thus it gets played. A lot.

What does that mean for Skippy and the Wonderfuls, that totally 'cool' indie band that plays at the local bar or in their garage? They probably won't get much air play. Just because you and your drinking buddies go there and think they are the shiz-nit doesn't mean that many other people, if anyone else at all, will think the same way.

Sure, a radio station can give them a shot. But that could potentially mean thousands of people hitting the next pre-set button on their radio. Thats potential money lost. Is that risk worth it for some garage band?

Sometimes it would be.... many times it probably wouldn't. Its too big of a gamble for most corporate stations to take.

That risk is for the few college style radio stations left... pirate radio.... and internet radio.
 thetangypanda

Gorgeous woman in a bar......
Posted: 3/22/2007 9:28:27 AM
Knowing her luck, that barterder probably really liked that. Probably was a turn on for him. There are people that are turned on by damn near everything lol.
 thetangypanda
Msg: 19 (view)

Vista Pros.. AND ..Cons
Posted: 3/22/2007 9:02:25 AM
As I sit here reading all these charming comments about Vista... praising the new features and complaining about the screw-ups... I give my Mac a loving pat on the monitor. Why? Because most of the new toys you guys are talking about have been in the Mac OS for a while now... without all those Windows heartaches.

Seriously, I hope you guys enjoy the Widgets...er... Gadgets. And the improved search function in the upper right hand...er... I mean lower left hand corner. lol!

I am a member of the technology committee where I work. We were looking at going for Vista in all the PC labs. The cost of upgrading our machines so they can run JUST the OS was insane. Then buying the OS itself. Plus we have an older server setup, and the Windows IT guy said that his research showed that for now Vista wouldn't play nice with our setup. So we are staying XP and 2000.

I feel sorry for the people and places that are blindly bending over and grabbing their ankles for Mr. Gates.

Show ALL Forums