Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Question for Ladies 50+
 sushisue
Msg: 155 (view)

Question for Ladies 50+
Posted: 2/14/2013 7:08:13 PM
I'm 5' 1". They are rarely shorter than me, but often come up short in the area of sense of humor about height. I'm short and so are they...so what. My dad used to tell me, "if your feet hit the floor, you're tall enough!"
 sushisue
Msg: 45 (view)

Valentine's day for singles..
Posted: 2/10/2013 6:03:25 PM
As a 7th grade teacher I will watch my students giggling and being silly over the Valentine's they give and receive, watch the student council deliver the Valentine's cupcakes I bought each one of my homeroom students, admire the flowers that a few of my fellow female teachers will receive from their boyfriends, husbands or partners and go home to my house and 2 Chihuahuas. It is a school night and since I get up at 5:30 am the next day to prepare for school there will be no Valentine's celebration for me...besides the fact that there is no one to celebrate with, lol! I have become a Valentine's Grinch I guess...:(
 sushisue
Msg: 14 (view)

Best way for woman to indicate sexual interest?
Posted: 2/9/2013 8:39:38 PM
Igor...you are hilarious! No, most of the women I know in their 60's are still very interested in sex. Not to worry. They just need a partner that will treat them respectfully, enjoy their company and come back...not slam, bam and good-bye!
 sushisue
Msg: 82 (view)

Do people over sixty still think they can have a new life???
Posted: 11/4/2012 6:29:58 PM
I'm sixty, have been blessed with good health, love my job and I plan to stay active and enjoy life until I can't. Then I'll be giving my daughter trouble I guess, lol! Everything is peachy except I can't find a man to enjoy it with...been fishin a long time. Every day is a new day with new opportunities for everyone , so I'll quit complaining and be thankful I'm able to enjoy it all. The glass is always half full :)
 sushisue
Msg: 36 (view)

How to get back into the ring...
Posted: 8/7/2012 11:04:48 AM
Even at my age, 60, I run into men in my age range that want to have sex first and then they want to decide if we are compatible, As the kids would say,,,WTF! So yes, those people are out there and it's weird and may be dangerous as well. There is a lot of rejection here because there are a lot of people who really aren't interested in a relationship. Just be clear as to what you want and be prepared to say, "No thanks".
 sushisue
Msg: 61 (view)

A lesson from Hot In Cleveland
Posted: 7/10/2012 12:52:32 PM
And please don't confuse the characters any of these actresses play on tv, whether it's Roseanne Barr or Valerie Bertinelli or whoever with who they are in real life. They are actresses and they are playing a character...Roseanne Barr's tv personna matched her stage act. With what we know today about the aging process and how to stay healthy for many of us it is a choice. This year I decided to get healthier by improving my diet and taking up yoga, (I had wanted to try it for a long time). My choice. I've lost weight and feel better and I did it for me. Do men like me better? That remains to be seen, but to the men who are disappointed I'm not like Valerie I say..."and if you had wheels you'd be a trolley car". I'm me and that is all I'll ever be.
 sushisue
Msg: 60 (view)

A lesson from Hot In Cleveland
Posted: 7/10/2012 12:41:51 PM
Valerie Bertinelli does look fit and beautiful and she had to fight the same demons we do. How else did she become a spokeswoman for Jenny Craig, lol!
 sushisue
Msg: 101 (view)

age, appearance and what you think
Posted: 7/5/2012 6:27:18 PM
Gwen...you rock! I just turned 60, I'm not over weight and I don't know what people think. I've got lots of lookers but no contacts even when I contact them first. Not all people in their 50's have weight problems Mjinict ...I think the real issue is that they are stuck in a rut and don't want to make room in their lives for a significant other, haven't gotten over their other failed relationships or whatever. Actually, a little attention from the opposite sex is a great motivator to get in shape and stay that way, lol!
 sushisue
Msg: 650 (view)

Have all the really older guys given up?
Posted: 6/13/2012 6:47:34 PM
In my experience ,on this site, the older men are just looking. Some look at my profile, but there is never enough interest to send me a message. When I message them there is no reply. I don't think they are worthless, I just think their life is comfortable as it is and the effort of a new relationship is either too much, or in some way too disruptive. Purhaps if they saw someone of interest at Home Depot or the grocery store they might attempt contact, but here...not so much.
 sushisue
Msg: 69 (view)

We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 12:41:00 PM
Oh my...where is this all going? Having read all the previous posts I'm going back to the OP's issue. Women our age are looking for a man with good manners who treats us with respect...like you treat your friends. I personally don't mind you saying in your post that you want a flirty sexy woman, as I interpret that to mean you want to be in the company of a lady who will flirt with you and whom you find sexy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...what is sexy and flirty to you may not be the same for another fellow. Would I answer questions about sex? You can ask, and if I don't want to answer I will cheerfully tell you so, and answering qusetions doesn't mean intimacy is automatic. I might ask you a few questions too, lol! At 60 I am what I am. I no longer look 30, but I can pass for 55, lol! I understand that people our age may hear and feel the hands of time so they want to get right to it, but let things take their course. I'm a 60 year old who is looking for quality not quantity.
 sushisue
Msg: 124 (view)

Less to choose the older we get
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:15:51 PM
Thank you so much Organic...60 doesn't feel any different than 59, lol!
 sushisue
Msg: 116 (view)

Less to choose the older we get
Posted: 6/3/2012 5:39:57 PM
I love that Judith Viorst poem...and as I face my 60th BD tomorrow, I still hope there is someone out there for me...and if there is "belly bumping" will certainly be a part of the relationship, lol!
 sushisue
Msg: 32 (view)

Resigned to being single or determined to change that?
Posted: 5/2/2012 9:46:27 PM
Agreed. I've been single since 92 with one 6 yr boyfriend relationship sandwiched in there that didn't work out long term, although we are still friends(and he got married). Since I teach middle school all day there isn't much time or opportunity to meet eligible men my age. I used to worry I would never find someone to love, but now I don't worry about it. I'm happy with myself, I keep my own company and I come and go as I please. If Mr. Right shows up that will be just fine, but he may never appear , and life goes on.
 sushisue

Are there ever any happy ever afters on POF with over 45's?
Posted: 4/27/2012 7:39:59 PM
Really! My daughter and her family moved to the Seattle area a year ago...maybe I need to visit more often! In DFW and I guess I'm not using the right bait, lol!
 sushisue
Msg: 85 (view)

Does Anyone Actually Look Like Their Pics?
Posted: 4/6/2012 9:49:40 PM
I took my own pictures with my camera phone, so I do look like my pictures...although I don't hold my head at those angles very often, unless you are really tall, lol!
 sushisue
Msg: 3 (view)

Post Meopause: Vaginal Atrophy & Hormone Replacement Therapy [HRT]
Posted: 3/25/2012 9:03:51 AM
I cannot use HRT because of a family history of breast cancer. I agree with UMIE above. Foreplay and romance, a good sense of hunor and making enough time for sex is very important. And the stimulation needed is between the ears...the rest of the body will follow. I think men in our age range need that too. When you feel desired and appreciated then everything works better whether you are male or female. My issue has been, and I guess its the issue for all who are on a dating site, finding a partner who wants a relationship so that the physical side of things can bloom. And I do think the old saying is true: if you don't use it you lose it!
 sushisue
Msg: 9 (view)

Pay to see who viewed you..
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:47:19 PM
Yes, I'll be leaving too. I see no reason to pay for a free dating site so that the people who run this site don't have to bother with advertising. Maybe I should charge them for being on the site, to give the advertisers someone who will read their ads. And yes, all the pay for dating sites have advertising. Who is POF trying to kid? Really!
 sushisue
Msg: 175 (view)

When someone points out that you're old..
Posted: 3/2/2012 7:32:27 PM
I tell them, "As far as I know its better than the alternative, lol!"
 sushisue
Msg: 51 (view)

An ex gets cancer, what would you do?
Posted: 1/15/2012 11:35:30 AM
My ex husband was diagnosed with lung cancer on what would have been our 28th wedding anniversary. We had been divorced 7 years when it happened. He was in a serious relationship at the time but the diagnosis threw a real wrench in that relationship. He and I were on good terms and throughout his 16 month battle with the disease I was there for him, our daughter and my two stepsons. I did whatever I was asked including being by his bedside in the last weeks of his life. It was terribly sad and the last thing on my mind was his behavior during our marriage, although I have to say that he did apologize for that behavior (unsolicited),during one of our bedside chats. He was my daughter's father, at one point the love of my life and a human being going through a frightening, painful and devastating experience. It was not a chore to be there and if I made anything easier for him or my children then I'm satisfied that I did the right thing.
 sushisue
Msg: 587 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2011 10:49:54 PM
I agree Don. I've experienced the disappearing man, the email penpal guy who canceled and stood me up twice, the guy who emailed all summer (he was in Europe) then sent me a email entilted "Going Dutch" and before I replied he disappeared, the guy who sent me an ugly text message after our first dinner date because I didn't give him a passionate enough kiss good night (date lasted 2 hours), the man who told me he couldn't go out anymore because I didn't sleep with him on date number three...and I send emails out to men I find interesting and get no response. I'm not looking for a millionaire or a younger man. I'm still on here but I have to admit that I'm beginning to wonder why. If I delete my profile there's a chance I might lose out on meeting a wonderful person. You can't win the lotto if you don't buy a ticket.
 sushisue
Msg: 57 (view)

would a man be put off by a woman who was very enthusiastic in bed?
Posted: 9/25/2011 4:20:21 PM
I have to agree with tj. It is all about compatibility. If I meet a man who is secure, confident and kind and he and I like each other then we're both in luck. I will say that I don't think intercourse on the first date is a good idea...for me. I'd get my feelings hurt if we had sex and then he disappeared. My problem has been that there are a lot of men who do not take the time to know you, because they aren't interested in knowing you. Oh well...keep fishin!
 sushisue
Msg: 517 (view)

increasing numbers of women are marrying men for their money
Posted: 9/16/2011 11:00:16 PM
LOL...where are these men with all this money? Didn't find any when I was younger and don't know any now. I think this is another sterotype. Anna Nicole and the Geezer were certainly amusing but not the norm.
 sushisue
Msg: 85 (view)

Weigh In (figuratively!) on This One,?
Posted: 9/16/2011 10:43:43 PM
Yes I've met a "wow" guy on this site. I'm 59 and he's 60. I think he's adorable. He has a girlfriend in another state. Story of my life, lol...
 sushisue
Msg: 166 (view)

Don’t Marry Modern Women ???
Posted: 9/16/2011 10:28:24 PM
WOW! Good thing beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think you are selling your fellow men , and women, short. Modern Feminism has its roots in the economic changes that occurred in this country after WWII. From your comments it appears that you had a pretty rough time in your marriage and are still angry about it, but don't "tar" everyone with the same brush.
 sushisue
Msg: 164 (view)

Don’t Marry Modern Women ???
Posted: 9/16/2011 9:02:39 PM
I agree with the above. My father raised me and my two sisters to be independent, get an education and be able to earn a living. My mother made sure we knew how to perform all jobs that go into keeping a house, cooking, cleaning, entertaining etc and both my parents set an example of raising the children together. They married at the ages of 19 and 17 and were married 40 years before they died, within 10 months of each other. I never heard them say a cross word to one another. I had the example and had no chance of recreating it with the man I married. He expected me to take care of house, child and work full time to pay my half of the bills...which I did the whole 21 years we were married. When he left I never missed a mortgage or a car payment, (I didn't take him to the cleaners and he got the house). Raised my daughter, spent the child support on her wisely, (got her through college) and soldiered on. Haven't met a white knight yet and haven't met a man who cares a rat's ass that I can maintain a job, a house, children and a relationship or any combination of those things. My parent's were right to make sure I was career ready, but they had no idea that my versatility might hinder me romantically. I've actually had men tell me that "I don't need them" because I can do the material things myself. It is confusing to me. Wouldn't anyone want a partner who can contribute equally, especially when I read so many posts from men on here complaining about woman who "take" all the time and don't "give" in a relationship...sigh
 sushisue
Msg: 150 (view)

What do they see when they look in the mirror?
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:57:04 AM
I looked at your profiles, you guys from Calgary, Alberta, and there isn't a thing wrong with either one of you in the looks department. I don't understand all the fuss about lost youth. All is lost when you are dead...then we move on to whatever is next and this life doesn't matter. I don't look like I did at 22 but some things are better...like I have the wisdom to pick my battles and appreciate people for what they are. If I spent my time bemoaning the fact I'm not in my 20' anymore I couldn't enjoy my 50's! I'm a teacher and spend a great deal of my time around young people. They remind me of the difficulties that young people have. No age is immune to difficulties, both physical and emotional. Shake off the blues and get out there and get involved in life and you forget your "age". I bet my two musical posters do just that and have a blast. Like me
 sushisue

Weigh In (figuratively!) on This One,?
Posted: 8/14/2011 7:58:13 PM
I sure hope that romance isn't a dead issue for me. Since I am a middle school teacher, meeting men my age is a challenge, hence my membership on POF. I've met one man from this site that really made my heart jump, but he has a girlfriend in another state. I've had lots of men email me and I email back ,but then no answers. Men have me on their favorites list but I don't hear much from that group either when I send them a "Hi, how are you?" I think for my age group it just seems complicated, it is going to require effort and what if we don't like each other? Maybe that isn't what is happening but it feels that way on my end. I'll just keep fishing and going to activities where there might be people my age. Thats all a person can do. As for the "pool" on this site, I've seen quite a few interesting profiles and nice looking guys. Makes me wonder if they're real, lol!
 sushisue
Msg: 15 (view)

Please share your dating experience with a doctor or a medical resident.
Posted: 8/13/2011 4:23:31 PM
My late ex was a physician and I was with him through med school, internship, residency and 20 years of his own practice. GF or BF and spouses of physicians quickly understand that medicine isn't a profession...its a dedication. Many times you will be second. With the amount of hours they must study and work they are exhausted a lot. I remember when my ex and I had invited friends to our house for a 4th of July dinner and had spent a lot of money and time getting ready. A patient of his went into labor, was having a rough time and he spent the next 32 hours at the hospital. I entertained without him, but with frequent phone calls, lol! Just know what your getting into. Be realistic.
 sushisue
Msg: 64 (view)

Beauty over age 45
Posted: 8/6/2011 1:45:27 PM
I can only work with what God gave me, lol! If a man likes the way I look that is great. If he doesn't find me attractive then move on I say. I'm 59 and I don't expect men in my age range to look like they did at 30. I might add that I have always been attracted to men in my age range (same decade), my whole life. I like gray hair and laugh lines and a twinkle in the eye that comes from experience. Just wish a number of the cuties I've seen on here lived closer to me! And by the way...there are many of us middle aged ladies who don't need and have never taken antidepressants or drugs to deal with age, life changes or whatever. As for gravity, I've found that it affects us all, lol!
 sushisue
Msg: 19 (view)

Profile Review Please
Posted: 4/8/2010 5:16:37 PM
Yes, thanks for the encouragement. I'm working on the picture issue.
 sushisue
Msg: 16 (view)

Profile Review Please
Posted: 4/6/2010 9:52:55 PM
To both of you, Scotty and Canam, my thanks and please keep reviewing. I did make many of the changes that you suggested and the profile looks much better I agree. Thanks for taking time to look it over. You have taken on a time consuming and sensitive job.
 sushisue
Msg: 15 (view)

Profile Review Please
Posted: 4/6/2010 9:24:59 PM
Both of you watch too much TV. Really gentleman. I'm a 57 year old school teacher grandmother who is fairly sophisticated (did you notice what else is on my profile). Guys have used their dogs as "chick magnets" forever. You can also have a fairly low key date taking a walk. I also put that in there to weed out the gentlemen who want you to have nothing that "ties" you to home. (same gentlemen won't want to date a woman who spends "too" much time with her grandkids). Scotty is right. I am looking for a particular type of guy my age. Paris spells her last name, "Hilton". She is the heiress of the Hilton Hotel family.
 sushisue
Msg: 12 (view)

Profile Review Please
Posted: 4/6/2010 7:38:54 PM
Goodness...such alot of talk about my dogs! Well, in Texas we have lots of room and lots of people have dogs. LOL, I don't have a pickup with my Lab, Australian Shepherd or whatever in the back but I do walk the Terrier daily so he's a part of my life and a great companion. Otherwise he stays home...he does not accompany me to social events (why would you think that?). Anyway, I appreciate the help with my profile and when I teach the terrier to use the camera I'll post some new pictures...just kidding ,really lol...just kidding!
 sushisue
Msg: 8 (view)

Profile Review Please
Posted: 4/5/2010 11:03:16 PM
Thanks Canam...I'm not saying I'm any good at it...far from it probably . I was just trying to let a man know that the interest is still there, there seems to be so many complaints from men my age about the lack of interest in sex from our age group. I see what you mean though and that was not my intent. I will put up some different pics. Thanks for your review. Sushisue
 sushisue
Msg: 6 (view)

Profile Review Please
Posted: 4/5/2010 10:12:30 PM
Thanks Scotty. Will look over the whole thing tomorrow after doing a bit of soul searching.
I appreciate your input. Sushisue
 sushisue
Msg: 4 (view)

Profile Review Please
Posted: 4/5/2010 9:15:25 PM
Profile Reviewers...I gave it a try. I put in the dogs but not barking. If they are barking then none of us can hear each other, lol! Thanks
 sushisue
Msg: 2 (view)

Profile Revizzle
Posted: 4/4/2010 8:41:13 PM
I look at your profile and see a cute guy, swigging booze out of a bottle with a beautiful blonde on his arm. Why are you on a dating site? It would appear you don't need any help meeting women. If I were your age, that's what I'd be thinking, and I wouldn't send you an email...you are busy already.
 sushisue
Msg: 1 (view)

Profile Review Please
Posted: 4/4/2010 4:17:45 PM
Hi Forum Readers.
I would really like some help with my profile. I've put my interests in my profile and I answered some questions I've received from gentlemen that tell readers a bit more about me. I know I need a full length picture and I will have to take one so I can have a recent photo. The head shot is less than a year old. Thanks for your help. I value your advice.
 sushisue
Msg: 13 (view)

Spring Fling Dance @ Reflections in the Admiral Hotel ~ Sat., Mar. 20, 2010 ~
Posted: 3/20/2010 5:57:42 PM
So Sorry LuLu, I can't come this time. Dance a few dances for me!
 sushisue
Msg: 233 (view)

Men in their 60s
Posted: 3/15/2010 9:40:56 PM
To Alex,
I think most people agree with you. If the relationship should become intimate then obviously the two people found alot to agree on. I have found that there just isn't much interest in me(I guess), although there are many success stories posted on this website.
I couldn't tell you what men your age are looking for. At 57 I am what I am. Lots of men in our age range look at my profile. I have emailed some and generally get no reply or a brief response that doesn't invite any more correspondence. From what I read in the forums, this is a common experience for men and women alike. My guess, there is a disconnect between wanting somebody in your life and actually having somebody in your life and many people who have been alone for a while just don't want to make the effort unless the new person is a "dream come true", so to speak. LOL...seems like there are many nice men in Canada.
 sushisue
Msg: 50 (view)

How is sex with an older man?
Posted: 3/10/2010 8:14:55 PM
OMG...this has been one of the most entertaining forum questions ever! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Many of you are truely witty. If I'm ever around a 50+ penis again
I'll have to take a good look because I have never thought about an aging issue in terms of looks with that part of a man's anatomy. I figure if I'm attracted to him enough to have sex with him his penis will look just perfect to me.
 sushisue
Msg: 360 (view)

Posted: 3/7/2010 7:49:26 PM
There are alot of us out there who are looking for mature , normal; no you don't have to be perfect, guys, ... so don't give up Artz What would those of us do who would like a man, not a boy, who are responsible not careless, who want to have a partner not a "daddy", who want to dance to the same music we grew up with and want to enjoy our grandchildren at the same time? This seeking a partner after 50 is complicated all right.
I personally have no time or desire to make myself or anyone else miserable over how tough it is. Keep looking ...we're out there.
 sushisue
Msg: 7 (view)

Dating in the over 45 range, what are we doing right?
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:52:56 AM
So glad to know there is a man out there who wants a LTRelationship and will take it slow. I met a man on POF that I initially had a good vibe with but he wanted sex by date #2. We had three dates in all (I paid my half on all 3), and then I got an email from him that another woman on POF had been sending him suggestive emails so he "hooked up" with her. He told me it was "cheap" and "easy" for him. I was basically too much work...this getting to know you stuff. I haven't dated anyone in a long time but if this is the norm I'm in trouble. Guys like these just need to consult a "professional" because they aren't looking to "date" anyone much less have a LTRelationship. I was very polite about saying so long and good luck...but I hope I have better luck next time.
 sushisue
Msg: 201 (view)

If you like it then you should have put a ring on it.
Posted: 2/12/2010 10:58:41 AM
AU 4 U
I love your post! I 've been divorced since 96. When I moved away from my ex and into my own place I was robbed, and there went the wedding set. I like jewelry so I bought my own ring. People often ask me if it is my "old" wedding ring(diamonds set in a band). If a man wanted to buy me jewelry that would be nice , but I wouldn't qualify our relationship by it...and I don't want to be the 3rd or 4th "Mrs." either.
 sushisue
Msg: 229 (view)

short women/tall men-
Posted: 2/12/2010 10:13:04 AM
Lots of these answers are pretty funny. I'm 5'1" and I've been told plenty of times that
I'm too short ...that that particular man finds taller women more attractive. These fellows haven't all been tall either. I don't have a preference on height, but then I haven't run into anyone shorter than me either. I'm more interested in a man's personality and other issue's of compatibility...if he is taller he can reach the top shelf in the kitchen cupboards...if he's my height he won't mind the stepstool remaining in the kitchen. If they rule me out due to height I figure they aren't interested in getting to know me for any reason. Move on.
 sushisue
Msg: 260 (view)

Men over 55!
Posted: 1/24/2010 1:05:43 PM
Thanks Dancecard...you always have something valuable to say. I went to a POF dance party last night and danced not once with a man. We girls got out there and danced together to the "songs of our youth" but when the music turned to a slow dance the men weren't asking. I did summon up the courage to ask one gentleman but was declined. I'm glad you are reminding your fellow fellows that a dance is not a lifetime, its only a few minutes. Their beer won't even have time to get warm. Oh well.
And by the way, the wonderful gregarious, fun loving, Harley riding, former gov.
Annie Richards died of cancer a few years ago as did her honey, writer Bud Shrake. They are buried in Austin. If there is "dancin" in heaven those two are having a ball!
 sushisue
Msg: 113 (view)

THE CHANGE! ie Menopause.. How did it affect you or you other.
Posted: 1/13/2010 7:26:17 PM
Dragon...you lost an inch in height! Go to you doc and have her/him order a "Dexa" scan for osteoporosis. Same thing happened to me and now I take "Evista". It helps build bone back and since you don't ache anymore exercising is easier...my muscle is back!
 sushisue
Msg: 204 (view)

Party in the POF Pond this New Year's Eve~*~Dec. 31, '09~*~Yucatan Beach Club in Coppell, Texas~*~
Posted: 12/31/2009 1:42:53 PM
There are several of us arriving solo so don't worry, you won't be the only one. I am trying to get a friend I teach with to accompany me...she isn't a member but if she won't come I'll drive over antway. Thanks Joe for the weather updates!
 sushisue
Msg: 88 (view)

lack of sex
Posted: 12/30/2009 10:39:53 AM
Well, I think a frank discussion between the two of you is in order...frank but gentle. Your gentleman may have physical problems that need the help of modern medicine. Does he take blood pressure meds, has a low hormone level, sleep apnea, depression...and there are other physical causes that can affect a person's sex life. These types of issues can be very hard for some people to discuss, even with their doctor. If the issue is that for him the relationship is coming to the end of its natural course then he should tell you that and you should move on.
 Sushisue
Msg: 50 (view)

Article On Mature Ladies and Dating.
Posted: 9/13/2009 2:43:28 PM
Dear Clam,
I like clams but your body of water is too far away. I've been on this site and one other and no takers or "winkers" or emailers my age or nationality. I'm happy but sometimes I'm lonely and would like to meet a gentleman with which to share some of the good things in life. If it turned into something more I wouldn't mind ...never say never.
What I have found is that the men my age want someone younger than me. The men that find me cute are in their 70's...nothing wrong with that but I would like to grow old with someone who has experienced much of the same things I have. I have received "offers" from men who are obviously from eastern Europe someplace and have "business contacts" in "Western Africa"...(run as fast as you can!) or men who are way younger and want someone to pay their bills.(as a schoolteacher I will never have that kind of money). So here I sit with my job that pays the mortgage, my kids grown and yes...my dogs(2 Chihuahua and 1 Australian Terrier) for company. I really don't know what men are looking for and I don't know where to go meet any, but they are not in 7th grade lol! I think alot of women are in the same boat I'm in...ready but no place to go. And I'm not mad at men. I know and have known some lovely ones, but they are all married to my friends and fellow teachers.

Show ALL Forums