Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Income Level and Dating Expectations
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 69 (view)

Income Level and Dating Expectations
Posted: 12/29/2013 10:44:52 AM
I'd just like to thank everyone for all the constructive comments I received about my profile and for showing me the error of my ways. I hope you like my new profile :-)
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2013 3:26:18 PM
btw ms. harmony2, it was you who said:
"based on your profile info and photos, there is no doubt in my mind, you like flaunting your money."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I met those gold diggers, I didn't even have a profile or a membership in an online dating service. Besides, there is nothing in my profile, or my photos to support your claim, unless you think guys like your father and I are all gigolos for being classic car enthusiasts. You seem to be a real good judge of character for someone with a failed marriage. I'll bet you're ex-husband is one happy camper these days!
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2013 9:06:02 AM
Thank You Cynthia & Harmony2 for Message #58. You have a wonderful way of taking things out of context and making a victim feel like a criminal ...kind of like how some people blame a woman who was raped because of the way she was dressed. You also managed to denigrate my profile and expose me for being nothing but a wealthy, womanizing, philander, who clearly uses his money and toys to attract material girls, who are only giving me what I asked for. You also failed to understand that in spite of my generosity over the years, I never asked any of the women I dated for anything which is a testament to the one person I dated, who had the least and gave the most, unconditionally.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2013 5:18:51 PM
To drivingharmony2, who said to me:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am curious Bacherlor02......you date women who make six figure incomes, yet these women "insist" on you paying for everything and "don't contribute" to the cost of dating? Personally, I find this hard to believe.....but that's just me."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Past tense. I don't do it anymore. It's not about the money ...it's the sense of entitlement I can't deal with. And they not only don't contribute ...they tell you what restaurants, hotels, flowers, gifts, chocolate, etc. are, and are not acceptable. And when it's time for them to reciprocate (i.e. holidays, birthdays, special ocassions, etc.) they become very frugal and conservative. But what really kills me is women like you, who defend them and attack me ...like I might be hallucinating, or making it up! These women target men like me for our ability to pay. They feign their intentions to get what they want and when you question their values, they say things like "if you don't like doing these things, I'll find someone who does". And just for the record, the most generous woman I ever met was the one who had the least. She never walked through my door without bringing me something, even if it was just some cookies she made me, or some wild flowers she picked along the road. As far as online dating is concerned, I gave up on it a long time ago and am just here for the forums. I no longer allow people I never met before to interrogate me, ask me personal questions about my past, present, future, income, values, etc., without meeting me the old fashioned way and getting to know me first.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 12/25/2013 12:01:10 PM
What's the difference how much a woman makes, if she insists on the man paying for eveygthing and doesn't contribute to the cost of dating? I've dated women, with six digit incomes, who never spent a dime. And I've dated women, who live from paycheck to paycheck. I believe this scenario applies more to women, than to men. As a female I dated once told me "when it comes to what most women look for in a man ...water seeks it's own level". I believe most women will only date a man, who is on their income level, or higher. Whereas, most men of means will date a woman, who works in WalMart, if he likes her.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 53 (view)

She's 10 years older than she says
Posted: 9/1/2013 6:07:06 AM
I think a few years is negligible, but 10 years can be a problem later on, esp. if you end up together (i.e. marriage, family, retirement goals, etc.). If you don't want to confront her, I would find a way to feel her out, by asking her questions that would date herself (no pun intended), like how long has she been with her employer, when did she graduate, what was her longest relationship, how long was she married, etc. If you don't think your relationship has long term potential, you might just want to enjoy her company and hope she tells you her true age down the road.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 60 (view)

This thing about spark
Posted: 8/16/2013 4:43:45 PM
IMO ...If you want to save a lot of time, money, and frustration, only meet and date women who contact you, or have added you to their Favorite List. That way you will avoid all the 'window shoppers' and women who are just trying to fill up their dance cards, until mr. right comes along. Also pay attention to the questions they ask you, on the phone, or in person. A lot of women size up a prospective mate by asking three key questions:
1) Where do you live?
2) What kind of car do you drive?
3) What do you do for a living?
If they don't ask you any questions, or only talk about themselves, most likely they are not interested. Good Luck with your search!
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 41 (view)

Date wants to change location at last minute
Posted: 8/14/2013 3:53:52 AM
I think I dated his sister! We agreed to meet at a local bar/restaurant for a meet and greet. I got there a few minutes early and as I got out of my car, she came out of the restaurant, walked up to me and told me it did not meet her standards and she wanted to go some place else. It was obvious to me she used old, outdated photos and lied about her age and weight in her profile, and that we were not a match. She then proceeded to lead me to her fav. restaurant, where she ordered food and drink that she had no intention of paying for. Against my better judgement, I decided to be a gentleman and tough it out which I will never do again.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 68 (view)

Is it reasonable to expect women you meet online to share the driving?
Posted: 7/28/2013 8:24:49 AM
To Deadliest Snatch, who said in Msg #71 ..."You need to be attractive and attracted enough for it to work."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...good point. I don't find a woman attractive, who insists I do all the driving and who has no interest in spending time with me, where I live, in my home, or with my friends and family.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 66 (view)

Posted: 7/28/2013 4:35:56 AM
Call me crazy, but I think there is a reason why pof asks each member to answer the following question when completing a profile: "Do you have a car?" IMO I think when you express an interest in meeting, or dating someone who lives beyond a reasonable commuting distance, regardless of who does the asking, you cannot expect one person to do all the driving, unless there are extenuating circumstances, or you agree to do otherwise. As some of you stated in your responses, I already formed an opinion on this subject, before I asked the question, as a result of some prior dating experiences. I had three (3) LDR's in which they lived 40, 125, and 1325 miles (one way). In each case, I did virtually all the driving/flying which had a lot to do with why the relationships ended. I concluded that most women cannot handle a long distance relationship, and wanted to know if this was the case, or if I just haven't met the right one yet, as some others have suggested. While I've heard a lot of interesting pro's and con's from different people on this subject, I still haven't heard from many people, who had an LDR, and how they handled it? I grew up in the 60's and still believe in "shuttle diplomacy".
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 7/22/2013 1:18:41 PM
First I would like to thank everyone, who replied to my thread with positive, constructive comments. And to the others, who chose to attack me, instead of the problem, I won't dignify your comments with a response, except for:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleuron Msg #27, who said "I love it. You scream “I’m rich!” on your profile, you display someone’s cool Corvette from 1973, but you don’t want to have to drive for a woman.

Wtf with your Photoshop disclaimer? I can tell at least three of your photos are from the mid 70s…there’s an obvious “Brady Bunch” vibe goin on…… "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...to whom I would just like to say the Corvette is mine and it's a 1981; not a 1973 (but how the hell would you know anything about Corvettes). I don't own the yacht or the bridge over the Hudson River shown in a couple of my other profile photos and never implied I did. All of my profile pictures are recent and several are dated. The oldest picture in my profile is one of me standing next to MY Corvette which was taken in the Fall 2012. I only included this photo in my profile because I mentioned that one of my hobbies, or interests is classic cars.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those who question my values, or think I'm just looking for validation of my position on this issue ....I suggest you re-read my orignal thread and consider the following:
* I never initiated contact with anyone, who lived more than 30 minutes from me.
* I have received dozens of emails and messages from women who live out of the area (more than 60 miles, one way).
* The few LDR's I had were with people I met in person, while I was out-of-state, who were receptive to it, at first.
* They were not people who only lived 10 miles away. The first one lived 80 miles away (round trip
by car), the second 250 miles, and the third lived 2,650 miles. And ninety-eight percent of the time I did all
the driving/flying.
* My concern about commuting long distances by car, or plane is not the cost (i.e. gas, tolls, airfare, etc.) which can be
significant today, but the time, inconvenience, and lack of consideration, when it is all one-sided.
* Two of the three women who contacted me last week appear to be very attractive, quality women, who live over 60
miles away (one way) and the third lives in another state.
* I'm perfectly capable of discussing this with them, if it leads to that, but am undecided about doing it again and would like to know what the norm is for
people in this situation today, before I even go there which is why I asked people, who are, or have been in this
situation to reply, to include who did the driving, what percent of the time, how long it lasted, etc..
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 7/20/2013 3:26:24 PM
Some very interesting viewpoints, so far. I'm inclined to agree with JKURB, who said "The safest bet, IMO, would be to not talk to anyone that lives further than you'd be willing to drive to 100% of the time." I noticed some people spell it out right in their profiles (i.e. no one from out of the area, out of state, max. 75 miles, etc.), but it seriously limits your choices. In a caring and sharing relationship, I don't think it's fair to expect one person to do all the driving. I had two long distance relationships in which I did most of the driving, and am reluctant to go down that road again ...literally and figuratively speaking. From my experience, most women can't handle an LDR, in spite of what they tell you during 'the honeymoon period." As I told the last one, before we parted ways "we live exactly the same distance from each other". But I hope this is not the case and would like to hear from more women, who have been in this situation.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 20 (view)

men who have kids but refuse to date women who have kids too.
Posted: 7/20/2013 12:34:17 PM
I'm not in that situation, but one possibility might be the added responsibility of dealing with, and caring for his kids and your's; not to mention the added expense (i.e. birthdays, Christmas, vacations, movies, dates, food, etc.) which can be a two-way street, esp. if you end up in a long term relationship, or marriage. Or maybe he just wants an adult night out, when he goes on a date. I do not have kids and believe that single parents should only date single parents.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 7/20/2013 11:33:05 AM
I live in a rural area and receive messages from women interested in meeting me, who live outside the area. Before online dating, most of the women I dated lived in the area, so I usually did the driving. Now that online dating is popular and the dating pool is no longer contained to the area we live in, is it reasonable to expect women to meet you halfway for a 'meet and greet' and to share the driving if you enter into a long distance relationship? I would like to know what the norm is today and hear from some of the women, who have been in this situation.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 54 (view)

does online dating foster grass is always greener mentality?
Posted: 7/19/2013 3:33:47 AM
To 'curviest' who said "Let's face it, when I make contact with a man on POF, I know more about him than a man who says hello to me in the swimming pool!" ...You're very fortunate that you can learn so much about complete strangers you meet online for the first time. At least when you meet someone in a swimming pool ...what you see is what you get!
When it comes to dating sites, all the elite matchmaker services screen their applicants which implies when it comes to a free dating site, like pof ...you get what you pay for!
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 47 (view)

does online dating foster grass is always greener mentality?
Posted: 7/16/2013 10:18:41 AM
In a word ...'yes'. While I think the jury is still out on online dating, I don't think it works for most people, in the conventional sense. It seems to be a great venue for serial daters, players, narcissists, loners, introverts, etc. Online dating sites, as we know them, are inherently flawed by design. They allow people with serious flaws to alter, falsify,
or hide their shortcomings, while seeking perfection in others. As an old friend of mine once said about a woman he was dating "the way she acts she thinks she's the prize". For example, should someone who has a history of bad relationships, is overweight, out of shape, or financially challenged, insist on meeting someone who is attractive, successful, financially secure, loves fine dining, travel, etc.? The problem with most online dating sites is there is no third party intervention to screen the applicants (i.e. profiles, photos, background, etc.) and match people up. Regardless of what we may, or may not have to offer, everyone is looking for 'blue sky' which is not realistic and just ends up being an exercise in futility for most people. Another phenomenon I noticed on these online dating sites, is the person who initiates contact with another member automatically becomes the suitor which gives the person they are interested in a superiority complex. While it has been successful for some, I don't think it works for most, and it's time to build a better mouse trap!
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 45 (view)

Give date feedback
Posted: 6/14/2013 8:35:58 AM
I agree with Pinky127, who said: The FIRST thing i thought of was this Feature pertaining to all the gals expecting to get wined and dined on the FIRST date and it NOT happening and then all these duds get UNFAVORABLE feedbacks from all the guys they tried it with.......hmm...... :-)
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 103 (view)

First Date Exit Strategy
Posted: 6/13/2013 5:15:28 AM
The last person I met showed up early to check out the restaurant/bar where we agreed to meet. As I pulled into the parking lot, she came walking out of the restaurant and informed me it did not meet her standards. She then lead me to her favorite restaurant, where she ordered food and drinks she never offered to pay for. I realized as soon as we met that she used an old, outdated photo in her profile and we had no chemistry. In hind site, I believe she took advantage of the situation and will not make this mistake again.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 87 (view)

First Date Exit Strategy
Posted: 6/4/2013 5:12:51 AM
I agree with the comments about being polite and toughing it out, if the person you are meeting did not misrepresent himself/herself (i.e. age, weight, photos, etc.) and it's a simple meet and greet situation. However, I think everyone should have an exit strategy just in case the unexpected happens. I made this mistake a couple of times and vowed to never put myself in this situation again. As Ronald Reagan once said "trust, but verify."
 BACHELOR02

How many people who sign up for pof events actually show up?
Posted: 6/1/2013 12:41:55 PM
I recently attended one of the pof events which was a major disappointment. A lot of people were signed up to attend the event which seemed to have a good mix of male and females members planning to attend. But when I got to the event, most of the attendees were males and I didn't see any of the attractive females I was hoping to meet. As most of the people I met on this site appear to be very elusive and non-committal, I was wondering how many people, who sign-up for these events actually show up, and how successful they are for meeting people?
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 43 (view)

The New Prostitution
Posted: 4/28/2013 12:49:20 PM
All the paid dating sites do it. I'm not even sure they are real people. It's easy to get pictures from online websites and fabricate a profile. The prostitutes are all on SugarDaddy.com today. Pretty, sexy, young girls, who claim they want older, mature, successful men.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 28 (view)

Dating Up?
Posted: 4/21/2013 5:44:08 AM
JMO but most women date up; not down. If her accoutrements match her lifestyle (i.e. expensive home, auto, vacations, etc.) it will not last. Women like this think "the Golden Arches" are something you put in your shoes.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 149 (view)

How valued are men?
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:41:17 AM
Hamilton12345 said: "What you are implying by this is that female first responders declined to enter the building. Somehow I don't think so . I suspect that it is more likely that few were on the scene. Considering that NYC only had/has 25 female firefighters, the odds of one of them being on duty at one of the responding stations and being one of the responders who did not are it out are somewhere between slim and none. "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pay attention Ms. Hamilton12345 ...I never implied anything such thing. What I said was a majority of the first responders were NYPD policeMEN and fireMEN which you just confirmed in your reply. I would also be willing to bet a majority of the workers who died or succumbed to major illnesses (lung, kidney, respiratory) as a result of sifting through the debris for months after the collapse of the World Trade Towers were also men. Perhaps the next time, we should exempt all men from these tasks and see how well you liberated women do, esp. the ones who state "I don't need a man."
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 145 (view)

How valued are men?
Posted: 4/11/2013 9:03:17 AM
In response to happynewstart, who said "Whilst we are asking for opinions, I wouldnt mind hearing your response to my last post on how women with children are treated by men.

ps this bit was to bachelor"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I am not a parent and was not raised by parents who got divorced, I will defer to the many more knowledgeable, experienced single parents on this site. This might even be a good topic for a new thread.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 142 (view)

How valued are men?
Posted: 4/11/2013 5:56:43 AM
In #135 Madailein said: "Everyone recalls the horror of the World Trade Center. How many women ran into rescue others? How many men gave their lives to rescue or attempt to rescue others?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In #138 happynewstart said: "That does not mean a woman cannot enter into these areas and perform to some
level and no if it's not the same level as the man than she shouldn't get the same money."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assuming her argument is valid, I would like happynewstart to answer Madailein's question regarding how many women ran into (the crumbling World Trade Towers) to rescue others? As a native New Yorker, who will never forget this tragedy, I seem to remember a majority, if not all of the first responders being fireMEN, policeMEN, both on and off duty, and MEN, who worked and lived in the area. So if not for humanity, wouldn't this have been an excellent opportunity for all the capable women in NYC, who want to be NYPD policemen and firemen to show their mettle and resolve? And if so, why aren;t there any volunteer fireWOMEN in the communities we live in?
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 441 (view)

How to find out penis size
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:58:53 AM
Unlike us men, you women are very fortunate. When it comes to your genitalia, one size fits all. And if you don't like your breasts, you can trade them in for another set and choose the size! :-)
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 134 (view)

How valued are men?
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:44:25 AM
happynewstart said: "Women still have to fight to get equal pay for doing the same job as a man. As for having to fight for it, many women literally had to put their life on the line, go to prison and demonstrate by chaining themselves to railings in order to obtain what we now call equality and is in fact nearly equality."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How about the millions of men who died fighting for their country and the rights women have today. How about the millions of men, who were drafted during the Vietnam War, while women were 'exempted' from the draft? How about all the dirty, dangerous, laborious jobs men in this country do, that women would never consider doing?
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 11 (view)

How many women have actually dated or married a man, who was beneath them financially?
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:35:31 PM
Sealady111 said "From your profile you are seeking women significantly younger than yourself... and...
"I like romantic dinners, candlelight, soft music, wine, lingerie, foreplay, and a sexy woman."

Wealthy young women meeting this criteria would probably not date much older, poorer men.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just for the record ...I had two very successful careers and am not a poor man. I'm just trying to understand if we have a double standard here, when it comes to financially secure women and sharing the wealth. From my experience, most women, unlike most men, will not date or marry a man, who has less than them financially. While I commend the women who said they did engage men, who had less than them financially, I believe they are rare.
 BACHELOR02

How many women have actually dated or married a man, who was beneath them financially?
Posted: 4/7/2013 4:54:39 PM
When it comes to dating and marriage, I think a lot of men could learn something from the women out there. From reading some of the threads on this site, the concensus appears to be that most women are basically looking for a successful man, while most men are looking for an attractive, sexy woman, regardless of her financial situation which can lead to major problems in a relationship and an ugly divorce. As an old gf of mine once said when it comes to what successful women look for in a relationship "water seeks it's own level." To find out how prevalent this is, I would like to know how many women have actually dated or married a man, who was beneath them financially?
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 56 (view)

Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?
Posted: 4/7/2013 5:16:00 AM
I have to agree with VolcanoKing, who said:
"I agree. I see alot of women fuming over the fact that they are successful, independent, have a great job, funny, etc...so why dont men chase after them? Because men dont CARE about any of that stuff. A man would scoop up a woman working minimum wage if he found her hot. Women need to understand that the same qualities we value in men (job success, financial stability, etc) is not a priority for men. They want someone hot. They dont care about your job, how intelligent you are, how funny you are. How many times have I personally heard after a date "You're really funny and great to talk to but...."

Men want hot women. Our other noteworthy qualities come in a far second.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But herein lies the problem! Men don't worry about the financial disparity, until she files for divorce. Then the attorneys and the courts get involved and redistribute the wealth. This is where men could learn a lot of from women. Most women will not date, or marry a man, who is beneath them financially. As an old gf of mine once said "water seeks it's own level."
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 117 (view)

Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?
Posted: 4/6/2013 3:10:16 AM
I'm waiting for society to legalize polygamy. Now that same sex marriages are on their way to becoming legal in most states, I figure it's just a matter of time. With five (5) wives I should have a good chance of having sex at least once a week with at least one of them and getting a home cooked meal once in awhile. Of course each will have to work during the day and make good money, so I'll get a good alimony check when they divorce me. :-)
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 240 (view)

but WHY do guys love it when a girl swallows?
Posted: 3/31/2013 8:59:54 AM
It's not a blow job, unless she goes all the way. Some women just like giving their partners oral stimulation, as a prelude to intercourse. How many women like to go all the way and really love their work?
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 94 (view)

What position you get the Most pleasure???
Posted: 3/31/2013 7:07:39 AM
Behind her, in front of the tv, with a good football game on! :-)
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 105 (view)

Question for the ladies...
Posted: 3/30/2013 3:22:10 PM
As the old saying goes "nobody appreciates a door mat, except people with dirty shoes. Welcome to POF!!!
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 50 (view)

How can BOB replace a man?
Posted: 3/30/2013 1:18:30 AM
I only have one thing to say to BOB:

.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,./´¯/)-.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..,/¯../-.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...../..../-.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
,,,,,,,,,...../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸-.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
,,,,,,,,,../'/.../..../......./¨¯\-.,,,,,,,,,,,,.
,,,,,,,..('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')-.,,,,,,,,,,,,.
,,,,,,,...\.................'...../-.,,,,,,,,,,,.
,,,,,,,,,,,....\.......... _.·´-.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,\..........(-.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,\..........\-.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 12 (view)

Do you think that Internet Realtionship Survives
Posted: 3/29/2013 5:48:30 AM
This about sums it up for me...
"Most people enter a relationship in order to get something. They're trying to find someone
who's going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you
see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take. -
Anthony Robbins
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 122 (view)

Do all men like getting blowjobs?
Posted: 3/28/2013 6:35:20 AM
It's not a blow job, unless she goes all the way. Some women just like giving their partners oral stimulation, as a prelude to intercourse. How many women like to go all the way and really love their work? :-)
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 34 (view)

girlfriend acts aloof for a week then asks for space... then texts me
Posted: 3/23/2013 5:58:45 AM
BACHELOR02: "but she was a terrible communicator and shut me out whenever she had a problem, or an issue. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ladyc4: "Here's a newsflash-often women "shut out" a bf, because they know that talking about the problem or issue will make the guy feel like it's on him to step in and try to "fix" the problem, and they don't want to put that on him"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It sounds like you took the same Communication course as my ex-gf did, ladyc4. You just managed to explain why someone who professes the importance of communication in a relationship should be aloof when the relationship is in trouble!
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 31 (view)

girlfriend acts aloof for a week then asks for space... then texts me
Posted: 3/22/2013 10:23:11 AM
I agree with domainfullduplex100: "dump and move on..she is stringing you along..till she can't find what she is looking for...not you"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An ex-gf did the same thing to me a few years ago. It was a LDR and her friends convinced her she could do a lot better by dating someone local (i.e. dinner, drinks, movies, etc.) several nights a week, instead just on weekends,
not to mention spending her hard earned money on gas and tolls to visit me. She told me several times while we were dating how important communication was in a relationship, but she was a terrible communicator and shut me out whenever she had a problem, or an issue. If you really care about her, I would suggest you confront her and try to work it out, otherwise cut your loses and move on.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 31 (view)

Societal Consequences to Online Dating
Posted: 3/19/2013 6:59:43 PM
According to Proteaus: "May be 44% married but within 8 years 50% of them will be divorced . That is the divorce rate in America 50% . In 2012 there were 46,523 divorces a week in the United States . "
Now discount the percentage of couples who are unhappily married, but staying together for the kids, or financial reasons, and the true number of happily married couples is even lower. And how many of these couples are same sex marriages today? No one honors their vows and the only ones who are living happily ever after are the divorce attorneys!
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 16 (view)

Societal Consequences to Online Dating
Posted: 3/18/2013 6:07:00 AM
Don'tAskMe2CarryUrPurse is right about this part:
"I believe that some women like the attention and it's almost impossible to really date them because they can't resist reading all their mail and so they go on endless dates, continually meeting new people. I wouldn't say they're addicted to it but that they fall prey to the allure of becoming almost like celebrities, I guess they move towards narcissism, their egos growing beyond their true limits"
I also believe a lot of these women have no intention of ever meeting anyone in person because they seriously misrepresent themselves by using old, outdated photos and lying about their age, weight, location, etc. After exchanging a few emails with one lady, who expressed an interest in me, she confessed that her profile picture was at least 15 years old; while another admitted she actually lived in another state. To make an analogy, online dating is kind of like being on the radio ...you can be anyone you want to be while you're on the air.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 114 (view)

Tired of the same bs... Do real relationships even exist anymore...
Posted: 3/17/2013 11:39:38 AM
"Aura1Shine: I agreed with JGirlSD completely on subject of "same sex marriage" has NOTHING to do with a committed relationship of heterosexual couples."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just for the record my comment about same sex marriages implied that some people, esp. misandrists and bi-sexual people, are switching teams because of their dissatisfaction with past heterosexual relationships.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 107 (view)

Posted: 3/17/2013 5:20:01 AM
Ladies ...stop berating the men on this site who spoke out on this issue and offered their opinions, and pay attention! Stop being defensive, attacking them, taking what they say out of context, and listen to what they have to say. Why do you think the concept of friends with benefits, or f**k buddies is so appealing to men today? Regardless of what you think, the root of the problem is that women have changed since the liberation movement in the 60's and it's driving up the divorce rate and destroying the nuclear family, as we know it. I also think this has something to do with the increased popularity of same sex marriages.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 104 (view)

Posted: 3/16/2013 9:06:34 AM
"Is it even possible to be a part of something greater than just yourself, anymore?
Trying to share your life with someone does not seem to be socially acceptable anymore.
Looks like people just want sex and companionship when it is convenient for them."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is one of the best threads ever on pof, with lots of great input from everyone. Unfortunately, I think the OP answered her own question and confirmed what I suspected all along ...that conventional dating and relationships, as we know it, are passe. As far as paying for companionship goes, I see no real difference between dating high maintenance women, paid dating sites, escort services, or prostitution, except one is illegal.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 96 (view)

Posted: 3/14/2013 7:27:07 AM
I have to agree with Luthion. Too many people using these online dating sites are looking for a give and take relationship in which one person gives and the other person takes, as opposed to a caring and sharing relationship which is no longer the gold standard today. While I believe the jury is still out on internet dating, I think the final analysis will show that while it was successful for some, a majority of the people who tried it found it nothing but frustrating and a waste of time. Another problem with internet dating is the romanticism it projects onto the people who try it. It's kind of like gambling. Most people who walk into a casino dream about walking out a winner, while the reality of the situation is that most people will lose. But the story of one person who hit the jackpot will cancel out the stories of a thousand losers.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 416 (view)

How to tell a woman to start paying for part of the date
Posted: 6/13/2011 4:19:49 AM
It's no wonder this thread has received over twenty pages of responses, so far, and that money is one of the main causes of divorce today. But in spite of the mamy arguments for and against women paying (i.e. chivalry, communication problems, earnings disparity, etc.) it all comes down to one thing. Do you want a give and take relationship where one person gives and the other takes, or a caring and sharing relationship where both partners contribute?
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 156 (view)

Why some men never want marry?
Posted: 11/9/2009 2:00:19 PM
Not to date myself (which might be against pof rules), but I always thought the concept of contract marriages which was bantered about in the 70's had a lot of merit. The basic premise was that a couple could get married for a specific term (i.e. 5, 10, 15 yrs., etc.) and either dissolve the marriage, or renew the contract at the end of the term. Assuming there were no children involved, or other entanglements, this could've saved people a lot of emotional and financial hardship and changed the way a lot of people view the institition of marriage. With the divorce rate at over 50% percent today, I fail to understand why people continue to look at marriage as a life long commitment reinforced with such archaic vows as "for better or for worse" and "until death due us part", when no one takes these words seriously any more.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 88 (view)

Why some men never want marry?
Posted: 11/6/2009 9:54:12 AM
A wise man once said "people in glass houses shouldn't..." So why do so many people insist on giving total strangers advice about such serious, life altering issues as marriage? As a life long bachelor, by choice, the one question I always hated was "so why aren't you married, or what's wrong with you?" To which I would usually reply, either ...."just lucky I guess" ...or "you've been married and divorced 2 times ....what's wrong with you?" I also never left anyone financially, or emotionally bankrupct, and have no kids wondering where their father is! Over the years I met my soulmate, more than once, and had several long term relationships that all left me with the same thought when they ended ...."thank god I wasn't married to her!" There are a lot of reasons to get married ....love, lust, loneliness, money, peer pressure, temporary insanity, etc., but IMO only one good reason which is if you want to have a family. The days of marrying your high school sweetheart and living happily every after are long gone. A lot has changed over the years ....not necessarily for the better. Women cheat just as much as men today, but can profit immensely from a failed marriage, thanks to the liberal courts and laws, like no fault divorce and equal property states. Today the number of married people in the U.S. is less than 50% t and that doesn't include all the people who are trapped in bad marriages, who can't afford to get divorced. Any other institution with such a high failure rate would've been scrapped, or changed years ago. To all the people out there who find this depressing, I'd like to leave you with two of my favorite marriage jokes to ponder: 1) A wise man once said "a man is not complete until he gets married. then he is finished". 2) Did you ever hear of the three (3) rings of love? First comes the engagement ring. Next comes the wedding ring. Then comes the suffering!
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 8 (view)

Gold Diggers, or someone of that ilk
Posted: 11/3/2009 5:27:09 AM
Not all guys can tell. Some women really know how to play a guy ...by stringing him along ...telling him how much they like him ...want to see him again, etc. To me this is the worst kind. They play with your emotions and have no conscience. There are always signs along the way, but a guy who gets emotional involved with one might not see them. Sometimes it takes a comment from a friend to confirm their suspicions. There's also a big difference between playing a guy of modest means, who works hard for his money, as opposed to someone who has money to burn.
 Bachelor02
Msg: 4 (view)

Robot lovers - yes or no?
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:35:11 AM
If she didn't eat, drink, or talk, I'd buy one tomorrow!

Show ALL Forums