Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: favorite beatles song
 portrait artist
Msg: 16 (view)

favorite beatles song
Posted: 11/21/2009 8:51:39 PM
Ah, The Beatles and LSD, what a combination. Without a doubt I prefer their later music but like their earlier stuff as well. My Favorite song...Don't Let Me Down.
 portrait artist
Msg: 53 (view)

What man or band is the Godfather of Heavy Metal? Let the debate begin!
Posted: 11/21/2009 8:36:17 PM
The subject is what man or band is the godfather of heavy metal. So bands like the Kinks with 'You Really Got Me' and The Beatles with 'Helter Skelter' are excluded.
I don't think Deep Purple were heavy enough sounding in my opinion along with Blue Cheer. Led Zeppelin, half of their music is acoustic. I would hardly say they were heavy metal. Budgie didn't release their album until '71. Black Sabbath was already coming out with their second album by then. Without question in my opinion and it seems in most other's opinions as well that Black Sabbath are the Godfathers of Heavy Metal though nowadays I certainly would not consider their music heavy anymore, more like hard rock. But they were there first and started the whole doom thing.
 portrait artist
Msg: 51 (view)

Is Rock and Roll dead?
Posted: 11/21/2009 7:55:25 PM
Rock N Roll will never die. It may change a bit and you may not hear as much of it on the radio today, but there are still good rock bands coming out. Collective Soul and Oasis are great '90s bands. Kings of Leon and The Fratelli's in the 2000's. These bands are all Rock, though they may be labeled as alternative or Indie or whatever other labels they have for today.
 portrait artist
Msg: 6 (view)

Album of the decade
Posted: 11/21/2009 7:21:22 PM
Since two of my favorite albums both miss the decade by a couple years, Heather Nova's 'Siren' in '98 and Honky Toast's 'Whatcha Gonna Do Honky?' in '99, I would have to say Kings of Leon's 'Youth & Youth Manhood' or 'Aha Shake Heartbreak'...I just love their sound. Pure Rock N Roll!
 portrait artist
Msg: 508 (view)

Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 11/21/2009 5:04:16 PM
MSG 646

I have hair about to my ass... refuse to cut it, I honestly find short hair on women repulsive, but to each their own I guess.... some just don't want the responsibility of maintaining long hair, others truely think its sexy as hell....

Oh how I wish I could meet a woman with long silky hair down to her ass. Yes, it is sexy as hell.

MSG 647

love long hair on women. If i wanted a woman with a Dyke haircut, i'd have turned out gay.

yeah, that about sums it up for me as well.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes as to what is attractive.
 portrait artist
Msg: 57 (view)

VIKING METAL(WHITE PEOPLE) METAL....WHY???
Posted: 11/20/2009 8:02:25 PM
I must be lost because the band that pioneered the term 'Viking Metal' is a band by the name of BATHORY. Iron Maiden, AC/DC and Judas Priest are NOT 'Viking Metal'. Personally, I am not a fan of R&B or funk or anything like that, so I guess I have no groove, sorry, but to each their own. If I'm on the couch cuddling with a woman, then fine, i'll listen to some R&B so I won't be so white. I also listen to stuff like Wilson Pickett, Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson etc...so I must be getting blacker. But I also listen to country music too. May as well call me a redneck now. However, I will not ever be fully black because I do not listen to RAP. Of course, that isn't really music, is it? So, do I have groove or am I a lost cause?
 portrait artist
Msg: 22 (view)

Do all profiles sound the same to you?
Posted: 10/1/2009 10:29:52 AM
I dare to be different
 portrait artist
Msg: 30 (view)

Women with women
Posted: 9/19/2009 9:21:26 AM
There is nothing sexier and sensual than two beautiful women together.

One beautiful woman and the other unattractive...then I'm jealous because the unattractive woman can meet a beautiful woman and I can't...lol.

Two unattractive women together...does nothing for me.

Two men together...gross...moving on now...lol
 portrait artist
Msg: 40 (view)

Married Men -To date or not to date?
Posted: 9/19/2009 9:15:31 AM
Married Men - To date or not to date? The man is married, he is a cheater and a low life and should be castrated. Should you date him? Sure, if all you want is sex. Because if he is cheating on his wife with you, what makes you think he won't cheat on you with someone else? I hate cheaters, plain and simple, they are all worthless in my book.
 portrait artist
Msg: 427 (view)

Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 9/19/2009 8:54:55 AM
Long hair is so much sexier and feminine. The longer it is, the more I like it. Give me a woman with very long silky soft hair and I'll take care of it for her, brush it, wash it, pay for her salon appointments. To me, it is what I love, why wouldn't I want to take care of it for her? It would be a pleasure to me.
 portrait artist
Msg: 2 (view)

I need to know if I'm scaring the women away
Posted: 9/9/2009 5:46:11 PM
Thank you everyone for all the suggestions and advice. My original profile was definately too long and I have shortened it and taken a lot of the negativity out of it. I still have to work on those pictures though. That may take some time...lol. Thank you once again.
 portrait artist
Msg: 1 (view)

I need to know if I'm scaring the women away
Posted: 9/7/2009 7:04:43 AM
I had a friend of mine review my profile and she said a few things like it was too anal and I was only making myself look bad. I also had someone tell me that I was scaring women away with it. But then on the other hand, I get people telling me it is interesting and honest. So I am here to hear from all the 'professionals' out there...lol. Let me have it, the honest truth, good or bad about the pictures and profile. I can take it...lol. Thank you.

Show ALL Forums