Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Spin off Shallow Men: BBW Admirers or FA's
 chauntra
Msg: 220 (view)

Spin off Shallow Men: BBW Admirers or FA's
Posted: 1/26/2009 10:16:17 AM
I am a large woman, gone from 410 down to 298. I am proud of the weight loss and even quit smoking. Like 90% of the BBW (Big Beautiful Women) in here, you tend to be judged by first impression. I have done seminars in my prior jobs and people will walk in, sit down and stare at me. I have no problem with that, jealousy never did bother me but seriously, first glance makes a majority of the decision. Men when they stand and speak the audience will listen to what they have to say then decide if they like them or not, women, stand, they are judged and then once they speak, then the audience will decide if they like them. Every aspect of life by everyone is based on some form of judgement...........take judgement out and let your heart tell you the truth, after all, the heart is the basis for your survival. Don't let ignorance and other bigotries rule your lives..........or your decisions, get to know the individual first before coming to any conclusions.......there, I'm climbing off my soapbox now.
 chauntra
Msg: 32 (view)

saginaw,bay city, midland get together
Posted: 1/5/2007 5:49:37 AM
Sounds great!!! unfortunately, situations have changed and I had to remove myself. Please let me know of another one happening the next time. Financial obligations have just sent me over lol. Anyway have fun everyone, Ill be thinking of you!!
 chauntra
Msg: 85 (view)

Would you forgive your EX when they've committed Adultry?
Posted: 12/20/2006 1:37:43 PM
Back in 2002 I married my 3rd husband, a man whom I had loved since I was a teenager. We were so crazy in love and then suddenly.........I had to have an emergency hysterectomy. The doctor said my drive would drop for a bit until I got the hormones in balance. Anyway, by the time I got things straightened out, my husband was NOT ONLY sleeping with a co-worker but his ex wife. I still love him and I have forgiven him, but I DID NOT forget and neither did he when I kicked him out 2 years ago. That was the 3rd husband to cheat on me with another woman. I figure I am done and going on with my life. If I find another man I am interested in, the fear is always there. So, after some babbling, yes I can forgive but it doesnt mean I have to live with it or them
 chauntra
Msg: 2 (view)

saginaw,bay city, midland get together
Posted: 11/29/2006 9:51:51 AM
I would be interested in attending, but I do not have any ideas where to start since Im fairly new to Michigan. Keep me posted please. Thanks!
 chauntra
Msg: 32 (view)

why are women in michigan mainly flint area not responding to emails
Posted: 11/29/2006 9:50:08 AM
Im from Michigan and I am not a snob, **** or a whore. I am looking for someone to hang out with and to be friends with.......first. The sex aspect, heck yeah, who doesnt like it. But I am like abstinentlady, I just dont jump in the sack with men. I need to see first if there is any type of connection and then I must get to know the man. Secondly, I am not after money or a six pack abs, I am looking for a trusting, faithful, understanding relationship. And just as many men on here do not respond to a quick hello either. The problem today is that everyone is after 2 things 1) Sex, 2) Money. They can both make you happy in 1 mannerism or another but finding a true, honest friend is a greater happiness then any money or any amount of sex can bring to a person. Stability, kindness, making ends meet, that to me is happiness. Just my 2 cents. Oh and here is a shout out from Mt Pleasant Michigan!
 chauntra
Msg: 28 (view)

Any Happy people left in this state?
Posted: 10/14/2006 6:14:29 AM
Im a very happy person. I have a full time job, my health, a running car, a family who loves me. I just personally think both candidates are morons.......my opinion. Promises are made and promises are broken, only thing anyone can do is vote for who they think is the lesser of 2 evils Michigan has never honestly been a truly "thriving" state since probably the 50s when the auto industries were in such demand. Michigan, love it or leave it. Me, Im staying, so if youre bored, come to Mt Pleasant and Ill share a cup of coffee and a friendly smile.
 chauntra
Msg: 262 (view)

Hi all !
Posted: 9/28/2006 3:50:27 PM
Hi, I am a 41 year old grandmother living in Mt Pleasant. I am a BBW, have done secretarial work for over 20 years now. I am looking for a friend and maybe a few dates. I am not into the bar scene, but do enjoy camping, fishing and water sports. Family is a big thing with me and he must be a family man as well. Love children, the more the better. Looking for a friend, maybe more, email me.......I reply to all. Thanks and have a great night!
 chauntra
Msg: 45 (view)

how is a single dad to compete withthe manitude of men with no children?
Posted: 9/18/2006 3:17:10 PM
I prefer a man with children, it shows he is caring and responsible. Not that men without children arent but I have seen generally that they are. And if they are primary custodian, that really impresses me. I love children, they are our future, bring them up right, give them lots of love and positive attention. I have raised my daughter and now I have a grandson, I love being a granny, but I wish sometimes I had more then the 1 child. And yes, I would definitely date a man with children.......
 chauntra
Msg: 16 (view)

A good honest question to women
Posted: 7/16/2006 1:50:35 PM
Good for you!!!! I have met a couple men online here and 2 of them wanted sex on the first date and I told them no, I need to get to know someone first. The 3rd gentleman, was interested in it and mentioned it frequently and knew I was interested too, but accepted and appreciated my wishes to wait until I was ready.......who knows, 3 dates, 3 months, 6 months. When the time is right for something like that, it will happen naturally, not without pressure from either party. Just my opinion
 chauntra
Msg: 9 (view)

Can you solve this riddle about romance?
Posted: 7/16/2006 1:46:55 PM
Okay this is my 3rd time typing this and it is not showing up...................

Is it a kiss?
 chauntra
Msg: 6 (view)

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVENT BEEN LOOKIN TO HARD.
Posted: 6/25/2006 4:53:34 AM
Well I dont know how far Kalamazoo is from my home, but I just wanted to say good luck in your search. Apparently you have high standards and there are too many "butt ugly" women in Michigan..............STBY
 chauntra
Msg: 3 (view)

Blue, Brown, Green, ETC?
Posted: 5/13/2006 2:48:11 PM
For me my like of color isnt an issue, its what in them that catches my attention. Me personally, I have hazel eyes, generally more green then brown but on certain days deep brown is the color.
 chauntra
Msg: 8 (view)

1st date kisses.
Posted: 5/12/2006 5:04:24 PM
Im a lip biter, lol.......just had to say that
 chauntra
Msg: 390 (view)

Dating VS sleeping with Bigger ladies
Posted: 5/12/2006 4:44:50 PM
Well for me personally, the weight gain wasnt something that happened overnight. It comes for 1) low self esteem, 2) eating through problems and even in happy times, 3) 3 years of being on steroids for arthritis. The idea isnt so much of the person being large, but their ability to find the reason behind it and fix it. However, there are some cases where the weight, no matter what the individual does is going to be there. Me personally, I have found my "triggers" and have learned to accept them and to change them. I do feel that some of the larger individuals who are BBW are generally inactive or couch potatoes. Me personally, I walk several miles each day and when I am upset, I journal, walk, work out or clean. Since finding my triggers, I have dropped 140 pounds in 5 years. It does not seem like a lot when you divide it up, but it is a goal that I am very proud of. I have 108 more pounds to loose to become what most people label as "average" or "normal". For most people, changing their exercise level or style and their eating habits is the start to reaching a normal weight. I know that the weight is not my only issue, but I continue to strive to fix myself and my flaws. I know I will never be perfect or even beautiful, but I am happy to be an average plus size american woman and knowing that I can change, if I choose to. As far as the pictures posted here, I feel in the individual feels good enough about themselves to post that type, that is their choice, but for me personally, I want to leave my appearance up to the man's imagination, it can be much more exciting lol.
 chauntra
Msg: 27 (view)

Why are so many people today racist, intolerant, or judgmental people in threads these days?
Posted: 4/30/2006 11:33:54 AM
I dont consider that I am racist or anything and I try very hard not to be judgemental....unless its regarding my ex Anyway, like me, Im sure there are people who prefer their own race or "kind" as you might call it. I have nothing against other races, I have several friends who are, but I choose to date caucasian or american indians. It is what I am used to and nothing more.
 chauntra
Msg: 5 (view)

Did I do something wrong?
Posted: 4/30/2006 11:31:03 AM
Ouch Leeanne.....anyway. I think it has happened to all of us at 1 time or another. For me, its more of they see my face, think Im pretty, cute, interesting, whatever. We meet and they are like oh, youre a large woman and Im like, yes, it says so in my profile. Some are okay with it others arent and are even sometimes rude. I just say that was an experience for you to learn from. Let it go and move on, you are probably going to find someone better for you anyway. Good luck hun, I know someone is looking for you. Think of it as a treasure hunt, and your diamond in the rough is waiting to be found.

Cheryl
 chauntra
Msg: 10 (view)

shyness... it's a bitch.
Posted: 4/30/2006 11:19:09 AM
I am shy also. I see a handsome man on here, I dont send a wink or anything. I know its my own issue but I just feel that he wont answer lol. Anyway, try to build up courage like I am and see what happens. I have met 2 nice men so far on here. 1 just wanted to know my bra size and I laughed, we talked but I never told him, the 2nd one, I met him in person after chatting, great guy, great looking, said I was a beautiful plus size woman, i kissed great and then 3 days later said he found someone else.......so who knows. Just try, all they can do is say no....right? good luck hun
 chauntra
Msg: 26 (view)

Friends of the oposite sex
Posted: 4/30/2006 11:15:34 AM
I have several male friends and several female friends. If I am dating someone, they know my friends are just that, friends, because when I am in a relationship with someone, they are the center, not my friends. I see no problem with me having female friends, as long as they are honest and upfront about it like I am.
 chauntra
Msg: 10 (view)

Calling All Men - Insight Needed!!
Posted: 4/30/2006 11:06:30 AM
I think he sounded otherwise distracted. There was way too much time between responses....did he really want to chat with you, did you really want to chat with him? Sounds like the dead time between responses and the rather "non-challant" (sp) responses were obvious. No one is really giving out any information, it seems more like testing the waters conversation to me.....just my 2 cents. Good luck though hun, youre a cutie, you shouldnt have any problems attracting men who would be thrilled to chat with you.
 chauntra
Msg: 6 (view)

1st date kisses.
Posted: 4/29/2006 6:42:48 PM
I always want kisses on the first date.......if the kissing sucks, it ends there.......if he rocks me with his kisses.......I might rock his world later on in the relationship
 chauntra
Msg: 26 (view)

Looking at a womans breasts...
Posted: 4/29/2006 5:20:41 PM
For me I expect it, not because I show them or wear revealing clothes, they are there and big, so it very easy to see them lol. I know they look and I dont mind, as long as they look at my face too
 chauntra
Msg: 181 (view)

Dating VS sleeping with Bigger ladies
Posted: 4/28/2006 6:25:21 PM
Well, I personally think that everyone is entitled to their opinion and their choice of companionship. I first of all, am not nor have I ever been an "easy lay". I am very selective of whom I sleep with, have sex with or otherwise. I do not feel because I am a large woman that I have to settle for anyone or anything. I have dated poor men and I have dated wealthy men and they have idiots in both economical standings. I think that society spends too much time judging one another on materialism and beauty, when the true beauty lies within the individual. If people would actually try to get to know someone before making judgements regarding looks, weight, social standing or anything, they would often find intelligent, great sense of humor, honest, loyal and trustworthy individuals. But alas, continue your diluded ideas of what you are expected to do, who you should and shouldnt date and everything else society dictates. As for me, I will continue to search for friends where, when and how I choose. I wish you all the best of luck, no matter what your "ideal" person is, Im sure they are out there. Love you all, as individuals and the person that you are. Have a great one
 chauntra
Msg: 5 (view)

Dating on a budget...
Posted: 4/28/2006 5:49:35 PM
I think the best dates are the free ones. Go for a walk in the park, have a picnic, take a drive and just chat getting to know one another. I guess Im a simple girl, I enjoy simplicity, not expensive things. Pick me some wild flowers, pack a picnic and lets have some fun and get to know one another.
 chauntra
Msg: 131 (view)

Has anyone ever broken the bed?
Posted: 4/28/2006 5:45:30 PM
well me and my ex didnt break a bed, but I did make him bend the headboard one time hehehehe
 chauntra
Msg: 163 (view)

Looking for ladies in Muskegon
Posted: 4/28/2006 5:39:45 PM
Well I just want to say hello to all the new postings and gl in your search. Its not easy, but Im sure you will all find the man/woman who will complete you in every way. GL
 chauntra
Msg: 18 (view)

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DIES FOR BAREFEET AND HAIR DOWN??
Posted: 4/28/2006 12:24:40 PM
Well, personally, I dont go for the 1950's version of a wife is the best "barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen". My father used to say that all the time. But to answer the question, yes I go barefoot when I can. However, when I kicked my husband out, I cut all my hair off.
 chauntra
Msg: 38 (view)

Who else thinks that a woman who ride motorcycles is a turn on?
Posted: 4/25/2006 4:53:12 PM
I have never rode a motorcycle.......Im terrified of them, have lost too many friends and relatives on them, I think it is fine for others, but I dont think I will venture it. Just be safe
 chauntra
Msg: 170 (view)

can we men say no to sex?
Posted: 4/25/2006 4:43:18 PM
Well, I think its great when a man can restrain himself. I find it more fulfilling when they are both wanting to please each other. Sex or making love is a special thing done when both are wanting it and they are both sober and available to give all they have to give. I would rather a man tell me no then to do it because I want to. It affects the whole situation making it less then satisfactory for both individuals. I just want to say.......good for you all!!
 chauntra
Msg: 252 (view)

fustrating!
Posted: 4/24/2006 1:22:52 PM
WELCOME BACK HUN!!! Im glad youre doing better!! You really had a bunch of us worried.
 chauntra
Msg: 145 (view)

Beauty in the eye of the beholder
Posted: 4/20/2006 2:54:36 AM
Jack and Filmmaker......I feel you 2 gentlemen have the right view. In todays society, beauty is based on the outside. Everyone has to be tall, thin, shapely, radiating. I am all that, but I keep it well covered to protect it The man who takes a chance with me will find the beauty on the inside, along with intelligence, and a good sense of humor. But alas, the outside is currently under construction
 chauntra
Msg: 242 (view)

Ladies, do you want brutal honesty on your profile??
Posted: 4/20/2006 2:43:59 AM
Eddie

Thank you so much!!! I changed everything like you asked and I have had several responses. I have 2 dates next week! Thank you again!
 chauntra
Msg: 34 (view)

Men who yell while cumming...
Posted: 4/9/2006 5:36:51 PM
I love a man who screams......I do during an orgasm why shouldnt he? Dont worry about the kids the animals or the neighbors, at least they know someone is getting some action LOL
 chauntra
Msg: 8 (view)

Is there such a thing as a man lasting too long?
Posted: 4/9/2006 5:33:20 PM
Personally, I can go all night, so I have no issues with a man going too long. Think of all the interesting positions and such and the amount of intimate contact there is. I would LOVE to have a man that I would have to say stop to.....havent met one yet!! Besides, for a woman like me who has yet to achieve an orgasm during intercourse, Id like to meet someone who can hold out for a while so I get at least the pleasure of the process.
 chauntra
Msg: 46 (view)

Staying friends with your Ex
Posted: 4/9/2006 5:31:42 PM
My soon to be ex and I are still friends. However, I did have to limit his visits because every time he comes over he wants sex. I told him Im not his friend with benefits Im a friend....period. So lately, he hasnt been coming over.
 chauntra
Msg: 73 (view)

Women 40+
Posted: 4/9/2006 5:29:05 PM
Im not afraid of love. I just seem to become more cautious as I get older. Been hurt a lot so my wall is high and thick. Need someone who is strong enough to break through without breaking my heart.
 chauntra
Msg: 180 (view)

Posted: 4/9/2006 10:49:27 AM
ty for your help eddie
 chauntra
Msg: 174 (view)

Posted: 4/9/2006 7:43:23 AM
Okay Eddie, I changed everything. Could you please look at mine again? Thanks hun
 chauntra
Msg: 143 (view)

Beauty in the eye of the beholder
Posted: 4/8/2006 7:20:29 AM
I would honestly like to think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I thought I found someone who felt that way about me.....and he did, but 2 other women also lol. Anyway, I think if more people honestly looked at the inside instead of the outside, they would find the most beautiful women in the world under the surface.
 chauntra
Msg: 157 (view)

Posted: 4/8/2006 4:48:09 AM
Good morning, I would like some brutal honesty. All I seem to be getting are men interested in "intimate encounters" Please please help me out. Thanks hun
 chauntra
Msg: 979 (view)

What do you hate most about being single?
Posted: 4/6/2006 2:50:25 AM
Me personally, I think the bad thing about being alone is knowing that when you have a bad day, there is no one to come home to and hold you and tell you its okay.......and someone to let you vent. Also, not having anyone to cuddle with or kiss. I really miss the physical touch of another......yeah yeah I know, mushy stuff lol. But truly I do miss the physical touch and the intimacy. I DONT miss having to share a bed lol, Im a bed hog, what can I say, when I want to stretch out I can lol. Anyway, I miss the general companionship of a man and even though I have a good imagination it is still not the same.
 chauntra
Msg: 151 (view)

Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:28:32 PM
Hello everyone. I just wanted to say hi from Mt Pleasant....Im new here so good luck everyone and have a great time!!

Show ALL Forums