Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Jealous of Couples?
 read2009me
Msg: 42 (view)

Jealous of Couples?
Posted: 1/16/2010 9:45:44 PM
Nice_catch77- For me,jealous is not the emotion I would use to describe that feeling. When I see two people so happy that they seem to be in their own world, I feel longing. Everyone longs to have that special someone that completes them. The one that takes your breath away. The one that challenges you to be better, but loves you for who you are. Please keep in mind that your other half is out there. You will know it when you see her. You will get a feeling that you have met before, but you can't place from where. And then, you will be the one that is envied. Good luck in your search.
 read2009me
Msg: 12 (view)

Why are they so disrespectful?
Posted: 1/12/2010 8:50:41 PM
Thank you for all your comments. It really does help to vent when a situation like this occurs. I wish everyone luck in their search !
 read2009me
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2010 8:38:00 PM
Well on behalf of women, I apologize. And the advice given to me would apply to you as well. Delete them, report them, and move on. There are very nice women on this site and I wish you luck in your search.
 read2009me
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2010 8:34:16 PM
Wow...The Tomato Fest? How in the world do you know about that? I thought only us small town people went to that! But alas, I did not go this year. Instead I went to the Sweet Corn Festival. And it was delicious. Thank you for the comments. I made a profile on this site due to suggestions made by friends who have great success here on POF.
 read2009me
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2010 8:27:21 PM
Ah, but you have a great sense of humor in this matter which apparently I don't. On the occasion when I have been "cat" called to or whistled at, I usually inquire of them why they think it is respectful to women to act like that, which usually results in a blush on their part and I move on.I like to treat others as I would be treated, and unfortunatly this does not seem to apply anymore. I envy your ability to laugh at this and truly wish you good luck in your search.
 read2009me
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2010 8:19:33 PM
"they have the right to send you anything they want really". I find that interesting. I do not believe that anyone has a right to belittle or make rude comments to another human being no matter what the situation. There should always be some basic human respect. But thank you for your comment.
 read2009me
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2010 8:16:24 PM
Thank you for the wonderful compliment and I have not written all men off. I would just like a decent level of respect on here. I have gotten more emails than I care to count that are awful and I just wish men would get it together.
 read2009me
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2010 8:14:18 PM
I stand corrected. "Implore" is correct and I apologize for the confusion. I was a tad bit upset at the moment I composed that thred.
 read2009me
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2010 8:06:24 PM
True. I did use the word "think". Which apparently they do not. As for these men in question attempting this in person --- I believe you are right in saying they are spinless and would probably not dare.
 read2009me
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2010 7:58:28 PM
Gentlemen- I implore you to answer this question and bring some sort light to the matter. Why do you think some men think its appropriate to say disrespectful things in emails to women? I have had the unfourtunate experience of being solicited for sexual encounters and spoken to like they own me. My profile is very down to earth and I specifically marked no emails looking for the previous mentioned. What makes them think they have the right to talk to another human being like that?
 read2009me
Msg: 4 (view)

Can a girl please review my profile?
Posted: 10/19/2009 7:28:37 PM
Well your off to a decent start. Change that profile pic to the one of your smiling ( the one at the residence). Talk more about what you like to do. Being unique requires more that being laid back so elaborate. Talk about what you are looking for ( humor, adventurous etc). You will see more emails if you give them something to respond to. For example first date....tell them where you would take them that shows off your style.
 read2009me
Msg: 121 (view)

The unoffical rules of dating a single mother.
Posted: 10/19/2009 6:44:56 PM
Lets be positive here and give some useful advice. We single moms are no different than any other woman. We want respect and would love to be in an open and honest relationship. We like the door opened for us. We like to have small moments of peace and quiet. Treat this woman with dignity and respect and she will do the same.
 read2009me
Msg: 28 (view)

What we women do for a date..
Posted: 10/19/2009 6:26:09 PM
I am all for putting your best foot forward but I think we are going overboard. What ever happened to just being yourself? I don't need a new dress or shoes or jewelry to feel ready for a date. I am who I am and if they can't handle it then it was not meant to be. I mean seriously....think of the poor guys. They take you home and you take off your wonder bra, fake nails, cake off the make up , maybe colored contacts ..... false advertisement.
 read2009me
Msg: 138 (view)

Girlfriend going on holiday with her male friend.
Posted: 9/27/2009 6:42:15 PM
The least of your concerns is the money issue. If she is truly in love with you, your lack of wealth does not factor in for her. Obviously when you met her she already had this long standing friend. Just because you have come into the picture does not mean she should turn her back on her friend just because of his gender. I personally have a guy friend that I spend a great deal of time with. We have known each other from high school. And yet we are just that - friends. My concern for you is this -- do you have trust issues that have nothing to do with her ? Tell her how you feel and let the communication flow.
 read2009me
Msg: 41 (view)

He's Not Him
Posted: 9/6/2009 6:25:25 PM
Although we all know this is just a forum, a word of caution to this post: "You'll need to provoke it so you can find out how it works." No one on this forum knows the gentleman in question, and the poster is new to the relationship. If her fear of his anger has some merit, she could be in trouble if she makes this person angry. Instead of taking that advice, I would suggest you see a priest,counsoler, or confidant that will help you work through your issues. If,once resolving your fears and issues, you still see the signs of possible anger management problems you should leave that relationship immediatly. On the other hand,once your issues are resolved, you can freely talk to your gentleman and suggest couples counsoling to aliviate any misguided fears.
 read2009me
Msg: 2 (view)

please check out my profile and critique
Posted: 9/5/2009 2:20:38 PM
Let's begin with the obvious. Women want to see you, not the character your with. So have someone take a nice, smiling picture with only you in it. Next, use spell check. It speaks volumes that you are intelligent and care about what others are reading about you. Talk some more about you, let them know what interests you : choice of music,books,food etc. The pics with the kids are cute, I do not allow mine on the internet- not everyone should see those. On the bright side, love the first date line. Very catching and reflects your wonderful sense of humor. Best of luck!
 read2009me
Msg: 17 (view)

single parents
Posted: 9/5/2009 2:11:48 PM
Knowledge is power. It is better than ignorance is bliss. Do not fall into any label that some will put on you. Raise your children to be themselves. Do what you know is right. Seek advice when need, but use your common sense. It does not matter where your children came from. And it does not make you a "slag". There is no "Mr. Right", but when the one that is meant for you comes around, he will see only your wonderful kids, and not where they came from.
 read2009me
Msg: 3 (view)

How busy are single moms?
Posted: 9/5/2009 1:18:55 PM
Single moms, like myself, are often busy from the moment we wake up until we fall asleep reading to our kids or folding laundry. With that being said, we can always manage to do multiple tasks at the same time. So, I can and do fix dinner while texting/chatting with friends -- all while checking homework folders and throwin dirty clothes in the basket. I would say that this particular single mom has probably decided that your relationship does not deserve attention -- hence you two are no longer an item. I do not agree with her decision to not bother to tell you. Honesty has always been the best policy, and will continue to be with those of us of character.
 read2009me
Msg: 35 (view)

Girls making the first move???
Posted: 9/4/2009 8:45:15 PM
There is nothing more alluring and sexy than a woman with the confidence to go after what she desires.
 read2009me
Msg: 17 (view)

Is It Ever Ok or Is It Just Plain Rude
Posted: 9/4/2009 8:41:06 PM
I completely agree. But it also goes to show how honesty is no longer the best policy. If the person you are meeting is "not as advertised", then I would think it is our duty to advise the person that such dishonesty is not appreciated. Stated in a very calm and civil way, then both parties could leave. One would also hope that the deceitful party would rethink their actions and possibly be "reborn" and change their ways. But alas the reall world lives on ....
 read2009me
Msg: 23 (view)

Single father 38 I need your input on dating
Posted: 9/2/2009 7:48:39 PM
You can start with a healthy dose of self esteem. Your age and your child are by no means a hinderance. Be upfront about your beliefs that your daughter comes first and foremost. Age is of no relevance to someone interested in you. Make sure your profile shows you -- the good the bad and the ugly --- When the time is right, you will meet that special person.
 read2009me
Msg: 49 (view)

Promised to call. Didn't But checked POF mail HELP PLS
Posted: 9/2/2009 7:28:13 PM
Let me say that although I did not "hear" your conversation with this person, I think you were both wrong. You should have gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him have some space. After so much one-on-one time perhaps he just needed some cooling off time. However if he did state he would call you that afternoon, then a text or email stating his reason for not phoning would have been appropriate. I will give you some advice though, tone your profile down a little. I mean are stilletos really an interest? Take off the suugestive photos and let the POF men see the real you. If you want respected by a man --- respect yourself first.
 read2009me
Msg: 25 (view)

Single Moms in this economy? How are you doing it? Tips to share?
Posted: 8/31/2009 8:37:06 PM
There is no secrets. It's a balancing game. You have to cut things that although make your life easier (i.e. Cell phone, cable , expensive hair cuts). I did find one website that was good if you are looking to cut your grocery bill. It is called thegrocerygame.com. It has its drawbacks. You have to organize coupons by the release date, but it saves alot. Some things you even get free. But other than that...just know your not alone.

Show ALL Forums