Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Don’t Marry Modern Women ???
 floridanuthouse1
Msg: 169 (view)

Don’t Marry Modern Women ???
Posted: 9/17/2011 6:02:27 AM
Do you still need a mother? A wife? May I suggest hiring a nanny and a housekeeper? Then you would be free to date.
 floridanuthouse1
Msg: 60 (view)

How thick is your skin
Posted: 9/16/2009 3:18:03 PM
I think you need to choose your battles wisely. I bite my tongue on issue's that really aren't important to me. I guess I don't always have the need to be heard. If it's an issue that I feel strongly about, then I will say something if I disagree. I think we all get a little set in our ways as we get older. I think it's actually better to date rather then move in together. Moving in together is HUGE! It's 24/7 and you can't lock them out.
I think it was unfair on your part not saying how you really felt in the beginning. Admit when you disagree when you know their are certain things that you feel deeply about.
 floridanuthouse1
Msg: 11 (view)

What do you do when the step children are determined to hate you??
Posted: 8/29/2009 5:58:48 PM
Blended families can and do work. I have a step mom of 40 yr.s. Did I like her at first? No. My Father saw it coming and set the boundries. My children were raised by a man other then their Father. ( God bless his soul.) I set the boundries. I told my children they will respect him in the house and show him the same courtesy as me. They still visit him today. Kids aren't the problem. You may have noticed before you married him if he had control of his kids. Or if his kids ran the house while he ignored the whole scene. If he doesn't fix it there is no hope. A big red flag is they don't respect him they sure aren't going to respect you. He's the problem. Not the kids. I see kids every day who are used to their parents dating. If he refuses to fix the problem though, you might as well pack your bags and head for the door. It won't gety any better unless he takes the lead.
 floridanuthouse1
Msg: 29 (view)

Alcohol and Baby-Boomers
Posted: 8/29/2009 2:03:36 PM
No, I used to be able to stay out all night drinking and dancing. Not any more. A margarita or two with a meal and I'm at my limit.
 floridanuthouse1
Msg: 47 (view)

4 months and I still have not seen his home
Posted: 8/29/2009 1:58:35 PM
Annie, he's hiding something like a wife. I would not have waited 3 hr.s in the car. I would walk up to the door and knock. Don't wonder about this guy. Knock on his door and find out for yourself. Your a beautiful lady and deserve better. Don't let anyone treat you like that! I would not leave my dog in the car for 3 hr.s.

Show ALL Forums