Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Text vs phone
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 32 (view)

Text vs phone
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:41:31 AM

I don't even have text- I have a basic cheap cell for emergencies & internet men phone calls...which have been ZERO for a couple of months...
I think all of this email, chat, text etc is a bunch of bullshit for emotionally unavailable/scared people to hide behind.
Seriously... you don't have a text phone? Then why the hell can you not post on here without using text speak for chrissakes?

Things that make you go hmmmm... lmfao over this!!! Bwahahahaha...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 3 (view)

Low Fibre Meals
Posted: 12/24/2012 10:49:24 AM
The person's doctor and dietician have advised a low fibre diet as the person is on medication.

The reason for this is a recent diagnosis of Crohns Disease.

Also, cheese is now off the list as there was a recent issue with lasagna and it was narrowed down to the high amount of cheese in the meal.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 1 (view)

Low Fibre Meals
Posted: 12/22/2012 10:13:27 AM
Hey all, I'm looking for low fibre meals and such to accommodate someone's health needs. I've been looking at high and low fibre foods, and am shockingly surprised at how much fibre there is in vegetables.

Oh, and as part of this person's dietary needs, all vegetables and fruits need to be fully cooked or avoided if raw. Nuts are an absolute no-no.

Thanks for any help y'all can offer.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 148 (view)

Would you date a man/woman who doesnt have money?
Posted: 12/1/2012 6:56:45 AM

So ,you're up for casual dating/sex but with no chance of developing into anything meaningful.... hopefully the men know.
I love how a single comment can become so misconstrued on this site that it turns another person into some kind of whorish slut. The alternative is that you have to become some pristine virginal ice queen...

Bottom line, size matters... bank account, wallet, brain and dyck... why should I settle for less than... it's my life and I want the entire package. And believe it or not, there are men like this out there...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 36 (view)

Sickness: taking care of your boyfriend?
Posted: 11/29/2012 3:55:55 AM

This totally reminds me of all those 'man cold' commercials, lol..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsvWK_EedLU
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 2 (view)

Dealing with hoarding
Posted: 11/28/2012 10:18:21 AM
If that's his only fault that you can find, I say it's not something that you should focus on... people hoard for various reasons, maybe find out why he does and then deal with that issue rather than being so stringent on his not wanting to toss stuff out...
 Lint Spotter

Sickness: taking care of your boyfriend?
Posted: 11/28/2012 10:15:56 AM
Wow... just wow.

It's a cold, nothing major. Perhaps she was steering clear because she didn't want to catch your cold since she seems to be less resilient than you are at fighting off bugs?

I say get over it and if you really want her to coddle you, then tell her to coddle you.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 8 (view)

Boiled Potatoes.
Posted: 11/28/2012 10:08:18 AM
Add my vote to the masses. I will normally peel off only the flaws on the potatoes (I always buy new potatoes) and then toss them in the water in uniform pieces boiling them til tender.

When they're done, I'll strain them in a colander, then whip them with my KitchenAid as I'm doing something else like making a gravy or doing a butter saute of the veggies.

The only time I fully peel potatoes to make whipped potatoes is when I'm having company over that has a dislike for potato peels in their whipped potatoes. Otherwise it's peels on all the time.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 6 (view)

single guys dinner for two
Posted: 11/25/2012 8:33:56 AM

mushrooms, garlic, shallot, fresh herbs $1
Where are you buying your herbs? Even the herb pellets in my hydroponic system are more than $1.00.

that's the right way to do it.
You do realize that there are more ways to prepare a dish than one given your personal stamp of approval.

I applaud anyone that tries to cook at home... regardless of the simplicity of the recipe...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 4 (view)

A healty, quick, powerful smoothie!
Posted: 11/24/2012 10:55:02 AM
3) bee pollen
I am wondering why add this? :O
Bee pollen is touted as a benefit for those with high blood pressure, as an increase for energy levels and an aid to digestion.
 Lint Spotter

single guys dinner for two
Posted: 11/24/2012 6:19:21 AM
I like recipes like this as they give me ideas for cheap and easy lunches for work... I'm always looking for nice quick fixes that are still hearty meals.
 Lint Spotter

Profile character limit - someone please clarify.
Posted: 11/19/2012 3:27:26 PM

1 - Is there a maximum character limit for each section on a POF profile? I.E. interests, about me, and first date? OR does the character limit reflect ALL THREE sections as a whole?
Yes, Yes, No.

1A - If each section has it's own character limit, then what is the character limit for each section?
I don't know.

2 - If the "ABOUT ME" has it's own character limit (as mentioned, I can only attain to a 6706 character limit), then how come others claim 7500-8000?
Miscalculation of the characters. Some don't take into account spaces, line breaks etc which are all characters in a count.

3 - Will UGRADING (paying) for my account, allow for higher character capacity?
No.
 Lint Spotter

is it weird to ask someone out at work?
Posted: 11/18/2012 3:22:05 PM
Personally, I would never ask out a client or supplier... developing a friendship is one thing, but to place them on the spot in such a way is not good for anyone.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 5 (view)

Leaving you for last (mail replies)
Posted: 11/18/2012 2:19:06 PM
Interesting OP...

Way back when I was still using this as a dating site, there was a gentleman that sent me such a wonderful email, that I waited a day or so to respond to it as I felt it deserved some thought and consideration. Unfortunately things didn't work out for him and I, but I still smile at the thoughtfulness of that gentleman and hope for the very best for him...

So I'd say a day to mull it over and respond would be the most at the outset, unless the person has a really good reason for not responding sooner.
 Lint Spotter

Sexuality standards
Posted: 11/18/2012 9:55:28 AM

Ok, I'm not gay or bi but in college I had a Mfm and in the heat I the moment the guy gave me a bj.
So you're in the heat of the moment bi. Whatever floats your boat I suppose, but let's not sugar coat the fact that you came because some dude was sucking your dyck.

I dated a guy that mentioned to me that he had a ball against dude chin slapping experience... we broke up. I'm adamant that any gentleman I date be 100% into women, particularly this woman.
 Lint Spotter

Returning the “Stuff”
Posted: 11/17/2012 12:37:23 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it... it's probably on your mind so much more than it is on his...

Personally, I wouldn't want to keep anything of an exes... it's counter productive to moving on with my life.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 18 (view)

Catch me if you can; how does this game work?
Posted: 11/17/2012 8:02:40 AM
Try dialing... texting is for teenaged girls.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 84 (view)

Should women accept money from men...
Posted: 11/17/2012 8:00:05 AM

Also, depending on the man, the woman may put herself in a situation where she gets hurt, because the man may snap and go off the deep end if he feels he was hustled.
Seriously? No man ever has the right to harm a woman... if he's handing over cash in the hopes of a relationship, then he's an idiot for treating the woman like a whore instead of a lady.

Now, I'm not advocating women taking money or gifts from men either so don't go getting your man shorts in a wad over my comment.
 Lint Spotter

Expectations/Thoughts of a Newbie
Posted: 11/16/2012 4:58:41 AM
First thing... lower your expectations. You're setting yourself up for a world of disappointment expecting others to treat you as you would treat someone IRL.

Disregard the Meet Me feature... if you're truly interested in a guy, jot him an email expressing a desire to become better acquainted.

Most of all, have fun...

Cheers!
 Lint Spotter

sober/recovery dating
Posted: 11/16/2012 4:55:07 AM
A DD... who wouldn't jump at this?

Seriously, I think I would avoid someone that is 'in recovery' from alcohol addiction. Enjoying a glass of wine or a mixed drink with friends is absolutely something that I am not willing to compromise and I don't think it would be fair to expose someone in that fragile state to their drug of choice.

While it might not make you uncomfortable, it would certainly make me uncomfortable to drink around you and to offer friends drinks around you...
 Lint Spotter

Are there any platonic Friend Finder websites?
Posted: 11/2/2012 12:28:23 PM

(Since I'm a guy I'd be looking to meet other guys to hang out it... which is something you can't really do on a dating website like this without coming across as gay lol).
Amusingly enough, I've made more female friends than male on this site through these forums. And I've also made quite a few male friends that I would hate to lose because we tried to bring romance into our relationship.

I also know of guys on here that have formed friendships with other guys... so its not a woman thing either.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 8 (view)

Home Made Cold and Flu Remedies
Posted: 11/2/2012 12:20:28 PM

Miss Lint, hope you feel better real soon!
Thank you... but oddly enough, I don't feel poorly other than perhaps a little bit of a sore throat from straining to speak. Fortunately I've been able to add some contacts to a Skype account so I've been 'chatting' with them instead of speaking since, as one gentleman so eloquently put it... "You sound like shyte!"

Hopefully you'll feel better soon... oodles of rest too... that's the most important thing for getting better.
 Lint Spotter

Home Made Cold and Flu Remedies
Posted: 11/2/2012 11:55:59 AM
I swear by the Knorr Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup pouches - hold the noodles. I'll have a pot of that on the stove and drink it from mugs throughout the day (I use my tempered tea pot and have it staying warm on the stove).

I also have for the cold drink to soothe my throat, a mixture of honey and ginger that I keep in the fridge. I have one of those one cup mason jars that I put a quarter of a cup of freshly ground ginger in, then top off with honey. When I want something refreshing to drink, I'll add a couple of tablespoons of that to cold water, toss in a couple of ice cubes and voila... it soothes the burning throat and helps to keep hydrated.

Right now I wish I had a cold rather than what I've got... laryngitis. I'm on the tail end now, but for the past two weeks I've been between unable to speak, to a squeaky voice when talking. One of the gals here at the office has suggested over the past few days that I start charging people on the phone at 900 rates. I've apparently gone from no voice to squeaky to throaty... can't wait to have my own back!
 Lint Spotter

Advice needed please :)
Posted: 11/1/2012 3:14:30 PM

There is a function on them to turn the ringer off you know, right?
Getting rid of one's phone suggests an inability to NOT check it.
My phone is on "silence all" 99.99999999% of the time. Leave a mssg. I'll get back to you. ;o)
I hadn't even considered my actions to get rid of my cell phone could be so misconstrued. I got rid of it because I was tired of hearing people complain when I saw them that I don't answer it or that I don't have it turned on...

I also do not jump up to answer every phone call that comes into my home...
 Lint Spotter

Advice needed please :)
Posted: 11/1/2012 12:22:54 PM

Texting is gay.
I agree. There is nothing I despise more than texting. It's anti-social not to mention incredibly rude.

I got rid of my cell phone because people couldn't understand that I do NOT text and if I'm out for dinner or whatever, I don't want to be interrupted. For some reason, people seem to think that if you have a means of communication on you, then it's acceptable to use it regardless of your locale.

Man up and call her, or hell... if you're in the neighbourhood, stop by and ask her if she wants to go out for a bite to eat or a coffee or something.
 Lint Spotter

why do you prioritize your friend's opinion about him?
Posted: 11/1/2012 3:35:06 AM
Personally, I would want someone that I'm dating to get along with the people in my current social circle... it makes for easier social situations. Dating someone that no one likes is difficult to say the least... I'd even to so far as to say it's impossible to maintain a relationship under such circumstances.

Having said that... my friends would immediately accept anyone I date and welcome him into our social circle... so perhaps if this is happening to you so often that you need to vent/rant about it, you might try to choose dating someone that has surrounded herself with a better class of friend.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 81 (view)

Tipping, why and how much
Posted: 11/1/2012 3:29:22 AM

I've been on double dates and single dates where your date will want you to tip them more or less, (usually more) even if they treated you poorly.
I'd be less concerned with the actions or inactions of the wait staff and more concerned with your choice in dates if someone is watching you so closely as to be able to determine the amount of a gratuity left.
 Lint Spotter

browning meat
Posted: 10/11/2012 12:24:33 PM
Regardless of the cut of beef or the purpose, I will dry the meat with a paper towel, then if it's going to be seasoned, lightly season it with fresh ground pepper and fresh ground sea salt, lightly drizzle olive oil then sear it in a preheated French oven.

It is always best to use room temperature beef so letting a roast sit for 30 - 45 minutes or a steak for 20 minutes is optimum.

Never crowd the pieces of beef as that will cause them to steam and not sear.

Deglazing the pan will make for a more savoury and flavourful broth or gravy when you prepare your meat in this fashion.

If your meat had a 'funny texture', I would wonder at the cut of meat. Try purchasing higher end cuts as it truly does make a difference in cooking.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 12 (view)

I need help
Posted: 10/7/2012 4:26:33 PM

3. There is no reason to be a bank's slave for decades, for the sake of retaining "credit'-- the ability to borrow money and perpetuate your own slavery. Consider leaving school, researching the bankruptcy laws and dumping that debt. Work for money, pursue your passions on your own time.
Isn't this just another symptom of the environment that you say has caused his problem to begin with? Disposing of responsibility is not something that should ever be taken lightly...

Bankruptcy is a cop out as far as I'm concerned. You incur the debt, you pay it... I'm quite thrilled that they changed the laws here in Ontario to disallow bankruptcy claims on student debt...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 10 (view)

I need help
Posted: 10/7/2012 1:49:09 PM

Be mindful of this young man...He did say, "I need help", not sarcasm. Everyone does not think on the same level, what may seem simplistic to some is quite complicated to others...I think he's trying to get emotional stability, that's why he asked for help...
Sorry, when I see someone on their second career before the age of 25, I figure that person needs a kick in the ass to get himself motivated.

I don't know a single person that has loved every job they've ever had. I've had a few horrific ones because I understood very clearly that earning a paycheque outweighed job satisfaction when you have bills to pay.

Over my life, I've also been incredibly fortunate that I've had a few jobs that I've absolutely adored, current one very much included in this category... but if for some outrageous reason the company shut down and I needed a paycheque, I would sure as hell be working and not whining about not liking the job I'm doing.
 Lint Spotter

Birthday Idea's
Posted: 10/7/2012 1:41:16 PM
Create animals out of vegetables and have dip to go with it, fun shaped cheeses and crackers and little sandwiches that have the crusts cut off and are shaped in a theme.

http://www.parenting.com/gallery/healthy-kid-friendly-finger-foods

http://www.parenting.com/gallery/bento-lunch-boxes

I love the bento lunch box ideas... I'm sure that you can get some great ideas from that site...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 204 (view)

First date ... who pays?
Posted: 10/7/2012 1:35:15 PM

For the poster ranting to ask why don't women just ask "Let me get half"? Perhaps in such a case, if the costs of dating are such a burden, then perhaps it might behoove one to be a bit more selective rather than dating around willy-nilly and asking all-and-sundry out? So as not to break the bank? So as to...well, actually ask out the women you are TRULY interested in?

I'd hardly call myself a princess. But even I would have....well, not raised an eyebrow, but not gone on a second date with a man who didn't treat on the first.
I agree... I only ever recall having paid for a first date once and that was because the man told me after he picked me up that he had no money.

I paid because I was hungry... but you can be damned sure that the date both ended early, and was the last one I went on with the guy.
 Lint Spotter

Pizza Sauce
Posted: 10/6/2012 5:23:29 AM
If you want to read more of their recipes, go on the Disclaimer link - they archive them by month. I've made the zucchini tots quite a few times and will serve them as a side to meals. So freaking tasty!
 Lint Spotter

Pizza Sauce
Posted: 10/5/2012 12:05:55 PM
http://www.dinosaurscanteatpizza.com/shirleys-pizza-sauce-canning-or-freezing/

I haven't made this one, but I generally agree with the two women that blog the site so I'm going to say that if I were making a pizza sauce from scratch, I'd go with this one...
 Lint Spotter

I need help
Posted: 10/5/2012 12:00:16 PM
Yeah, it sucks to actually have to work. I feel for ya OP...

/sarcasm

Ok... who the hell took away the eyerolling emoticon thingie from here?
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 26 (view)

those big flat screens and decorating
Posted: 10/1/2012 11:43:50 AM
Yanno, with the money that you and your hubby obviously have, I'd go with hiring a professional decorator to solve the problem.

After all, they would go into your home and do a walk through - something that I doubt you'd want from anyone on here.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 13 (view)

Al Anon, emotional availability & older men & women...
Posted: 10/1/2012 10:58:23 AM

ON EDIT: Can someone translate that post just above mine? The one by “iaqi”. I would be willing to run it through an online translator if I had any idea what language it was in.
Allow me…

B_A ... it tk me ags t rd yr thrd cos ther wer 2 mny shrtnd wrds ... y cn't ppl wrte n ful thse dys!
Blonde_Angel, it took me ages to read your thread cause there were too many shortened words. Why can’t people write in full these days!

Personally, I wouldn’t consider a group therapy session/group to be a place to meet someone for a potential relationship. That just screams desperate if you ask me…

Best of luck to you OP…
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 125 (view)

Sticky situation with a fake engagement ring ...
Posted: 10/1/2012 8:21:25 AM
Who said he let her believe it was real?
Well, if he didn't, then why would she go to the jeweller to check to see if it was or wasn't?
I think I can help with im_a_rockstar's misinterpretation.

While it is understood in most circles that an engagement ring is to contain genuine stones (i.e. not imitation of the stones they're meant to portray), it's obvious that in im_a_rockstar's world, substituting genuine stones with cheap imitations is de rigueur.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 90 (view)

Posted: 9/25/2012 3:13:38 AM

This should never be that big of a deal to you. If it is, you're not worth the guy's time. You don't deserve him. Caring whether or not a diamond is real is NOT love, it's money.
So I should sit back and accept that the person that proposed to me had so little respect for me that he lied? To hell with that...

I cannot believe all the people here condoning his lying.
 Lint Spotter

Weird Recipes??
Posted: 9/24/2012 12:25:21 PM
My brother use to eat peanut butter and sardine sandwiches... I'm sure he did it to gross me out, but I honestly cannot think of anything weirder than that... even your pasta pudding...

I still shudder at the thought of it... ugh!
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 88 (view)

Posted: 9/24/2012 12:23:41 PM
I know a lot of the guys here are bashing her for being a gold digger... but what about the woman that wants to get an appraisal in order to insure the ring? If I had a 5-6 carat diamond, I'd be terrified to wear it in case the gem fell out while it wasn't insured.

If I brought what I thought was a genuine stone into my jeweler's for an appraisal and to ensure the setting was secure only to have him tell me that its fake, I'd be livid.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 24 (view)

Will work for food... and beer!
Posted: 9/24/2012 4:14:42 AM

Start with rinsing off at least 3 different types of dried beans. I typically use pinto, kidney and navy, the big bags. Place in crock pot but do NOT soak them in water.
Uhmmm... doesn't soaking the beans help to reduce the malodorous effects of those particular legumes? I would hate to have any of these guys wives at my door on Monday morning waving their cans of febreeze at me...

You can add a slice of cheese if you like for an even tastier meal but be sure to have plenty of napkins handy. This is NOT a white shirt friendly meal.
Sadly, my favourite shirts to wear are white, but over the course of the years, all of my coworkers know I'm not the type of person that can wear a white shirt. I have however become adept at getting coffee, hot chocolate, tomato sauce and various other stains off of white.

My dear Miss Lint....meatloaf is easy peasy the way I make it. Ground beeft, chopped onions, french onion soup mix, a little catsup, one egg and a tad bit of HP sauce or Heinz 57 for zip. Sometimes I throw in some green pepper and celery chopped fine...everyone that has tried it loves it! Pssst....glad to see you back!
Glad to be back...

I like this recipe - especially because of the Heinz 57 (which I never seem to have either). I'm absolutely going to try this one out. I'll pick up the ingredients sometime this week.

here you go miss lint...impossible to screw up meatloaf.......[if i can make it.....anyone can]
I'm also going to try this one though I believe I'll half the pounds of meat for the testing out of the recipe.

When someone says something is idiot proof, I feel obliged to try it out to see for myself... it reminds me of way back when I first started out in secreterial/administration work when I was young how my boss told me that a database was idiot proof so I could spend as much time as I had spare going over the program to learn it... boss's son spent two weeks fixing what I screwed up...

I've learned a very big lesson that time... nothing is idiot proof in the right hands...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 9/21/2012 12:37:15 PM
Alrighty, I’ve been reading the suggestions and here’s what I’m planning for the two lunches and the remaining dinner.

Lunch 1: Scalloped potatoes, roast beef and a veggie such as fresh yellow and green beans.

Dinner 1: Beef stew, freshly baked bread and pecan pie. (A friend sent me a wonderful recipe for pecan pie and I’m quite enthused to use it again on a crowd.)

Lunch 2: Baked beans and roast pork with corn on the cob.

Dinner 2: Lasagna, Caesar salad, garlic toasts and banana cheesecake.

The reason I’m ensuring there are sandwiches and pastries available during the day is because I would hate for one of the guys to have skipped breakfast and have to wait for something to eat until the lunch is served. Or want a snack between lunch and dinner.

While I love the idea of a nice turkey dinner, this has now been scheduled for the weekend after Thanksgiving here in Canada so I believe they’ll be ‘turkeyed out’ by that time. Plus turkey is a known sedative – hence the term turkey coma after a holiday dinner.

I’ve also vetoed the meatloaf. The reason for tossing this one out is that I suck at making meatloaf. Even with a recipe, I can screw the sucker up quite easily. I would love to serve hot meatloaf sandwiches with roasted peppers and such for a lunch… that would be awesome. (If someone has a simple, no fail meatloaf recipe, please share!)

One of the things I’m also planning is to send the guys home with lunches for at least a couple of days during the following week so I don’t have to really worry about an excess of food.

Having read the thread over again, I think I’ll make an apple pie as well… and I have a wonderful recipe for some peach tarts.

Thanks everyone – if it hadn’t been for your suggestions, I wouldn’t have thought of making pies, scalloped potatoes or beans.
 Lint Spotter

Posted: 9/16/2012 6:15:46 AM

To me all your effort is a little bit of overkill... just removing the bushes is an act in itself, since they are
in the way......... your neighbors should be the ones doing a BBQ to thank you.
Sounds more like your trying to buy and bribe them than an actual good act.

and your question is what exactly ?
what to make them? ..... if your going to do all this... ask... and give them what they want.
Perhaps you should reread the opening post. There are trees and bushes that will be removed, they vetoed the bbq (which also indicates that I have discussed the food with them). I don't expect my neighbours to pay or barter for landscaping of my property, especially when I'm perfectly capable of providing food for the gentlemen myself. I would also like to mention that my neighbours did not ask me to remove the trees and bushes, they merely commented how they were unable to grow anything as they had no sun in their yard.

Not quite sure where you get my trying to buy or bribe these gentlemen either... it's a barter system. Also, if you must know, I didn't ask them for this help, I had been showing one of them the wonderful improvements neighbours had done over the past couple of years and then outlined my plans for my rear yard in regards to landscaping. This particular gentleman suggested that if I were willing to provide beer and food for a weekend, he and a few friends would be more than happy to come over and do the work I needed.

I often trade favours with friends... so again, I'm looking for ideas from my fellow foodies as to what to serve for the remaining dinner and two lunches for these gentlemen that will be helping me out.

It's not nearly as nefarious as you seem to be making it...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 9/16/2012 4:31:36 AM
The beer is already chosen - Keiths as that is their favourite, but I'm still undecided as to the food.

I have a few guys coming over a couple of weekends from now to remove a line of trees and bushes from my rear yard as my neighbours mentioned how they have no sunlight in their yard because of the growth in mine. I'm a firm believer in keeping neighbours happy and it's a very small sacrifice on my part to get rid of the trees and bushes (and plant raspberry bushes as they won't block out the sun but will add a small degree of privacy at least to each of us...).

I have two lunches and two dinners to make for these guys. One of the dinners is going to be lasagna as that's been requested by one of the guys, but the lunches and other dinner are still up in the air. These are big eating guys and while I had thought of bbq, they vetoed that since they bbq at home often. They want bona fide home cooking...

I was hoping to get some ideas from my fellow foodies. All during this time I will have sandwiches and wraps as well as pastries and such for snacks
 Lint Spotter

Pickled Asparagus
Posted: 9/16/2012 3:53:55 AM
Yes, use raw asparagus and make sure to pack the jar tightly as loosely packed asparagus would cook when you are processing the jars.

I cut off the ends of the asparagus to the proper size of my jars, then I liberally salt them and let them soak in a cold water bath for around 30 minutes while I'm preparing my jars and brine. The brine is 2 parts white vinegar to 1 part water - heat to boiling.

I put a small clove of garlic in the processed jar, then pack it tightly with the aparagus and cover with the brine. Lid the jar, process in a water bath for 5 - 8 minutes depending on the size of the jars. If the jar hasn't sealed after an hour or so, place it in the refrigerator and use within two weeks. Sealed jars can be stored in a dry, cool, dark area.

If you want dill asparagus, add a sprig of fresh dill when packing the jar.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 7 (view)

Real Women Should Be Able to Make Quiche!
Posted: 9/16/2012 3:46:14 AM

What am I doing wrong?
In order to accurately assess the issue with your quiche, you need to share your recipe with the exact instructions and materials you are using including the size of the pan and the depth of the quiche when poured into the pan. Without this, anything I would say would be speculation...
 Lint Spotter

Absent father calling good or bad?
Posted: 9/12/2012 9:23:42 AM

sometimes parents make so many mistakes
I question anyone's advice that would suggest using the word mistake in referring to a parent's relationship with their child. The kid is feeling poorly enough... last thing you want to do is to cause them to feel angry or inferior.

I couldn't be bothered to read your post past that remark...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 15 (view)

DNA tested for diseases, WOuld you take a look into your future?
Posted: 9/12/2012 8:20:39 AM

If someone offered you a glimpse into your future, would you look? What if that glimpse could reveal Alzheimer’s disease or breast cancer? Would you still look?
No, absolutely not.

There is absolutely nothing that is guaranteed in life even with scientific proof per se...

I also wouldn't say that ignorance is bliss... and I think it's extremely narrow minded to feel that anyone that does not wish to know is willingly remaining ignorant. I consider it choosing to not let something which is not fail-safe to determine my actions or reactions to the present.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 186 (view)

A debate about blowjobs
Posted: 9/12/2012 4:28:38 AM

I had several messages waiting for me this morning from women around the world referencing my post in "The BJ thread" and wanting me to teach them the secret to giving great BJ's.
I think it's wonderful that you're willing to share your secret to giving your boyfriend great blow jobs.

I think you should post it publicly... oh wait, that's right... this is your way of getting mail. My bad...

Show ALL Forums