Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Waking up with a song in your head
 jezdrummer
Msg: 13 (view)

Waking up with a song in your head
Posted: 12/30/2009 7:22:00 PM
my brain is like a defective mp3 player .. music randomly starts and stops all day
 jezdrummer
Msg: 6 (view)

Your Music Collection and use of it
Posted: 12/30/2009 7:11:13 PM
forgot to post use of my music ..

i only have a small cheapo mp3 player (2 gigs) .. i load it with whatever i'm in the mood for at the time. i have a huge cd case that stays in my car .. (over 100 disks)
and about 80 gigs on my computer.. silence irritates me i need music playing at all times or i spaz out
 jezdrummer
Msg: 5 (view)

Your Music Collection and use of it
Posted: 12/30/2009 7:08:47 PM
blues, jazz, johnny cash, METAL ( all of it's subgenres) classical, movie scores, video game scores, world music, comedy, new age celtic stuff, fusion, funk, atmospheric,
 jezdrummer
Msg: 50 (view)

Overrated Bands.
Posted: 12/28/2009 8:04:42 PM

Slipknot- They call themselves metal, but their music is anything but. Plus their lead singer raps. As Joey DeMaio from Manowar puts it, mixing rap music with heavy metal is like taking a beautiful woman and putting male parts on her. And just because Joey Jordison is a fast drummer does NOT make him talented.

.. joey was right .. but .. some people are into shemales .. lol .. i'm not 1 of them

and joey isn't that fast ... he's no george kollias
 jezdrummer
Msg: 49 (view)

Overrated Bands.
Posted: 12/28/2009 7:56:04 PM
everyone is going to immediatly kill me for this one ... the beatles .. sorry .. but they just bore the crap out of me.. and from a drummer's standpoint ... (because i am one) ... was ringo in a coma on every song? seriously

nirvana .. the worst of the grunge groups

greenday/blink 182 .. "wooo.. lets water down punk (as if it isn't watered down enough.. i mean .. when it's angry it has emotion and energy)

slipknot ... i can name at least 20 bands that should be more popular

and of course .. any pop star that spends more time in front of a mirror than practicing their craft (so .. basically ... all of them)
 jezdrummer
Msg: 11 (view)

Mosh Pits
Posted: 12/28/2009 7:30:23 PM
a mosh pit is fun .. if done right no one gets hurt .. like .. circle pits .. everyone runs around in a circle .. you get out some energy that high energy music puts in you .. or a little shoulder bumping and pushing .. ..

it's the way people "dance" to hardcore that i basically run away from ... who'se dumb idea was it to pretend your the karate kid fighting an invisible ninja .. it's just being an a$$.. i've seen people get broken noses just trying to enjoy a concert .. and that is not right
 jezdrummer
Msg: 10 (view)

Death Metal Band's Lyrics Tied To Killings
Posted: 12/28/2009 7:20:22 PM
lol .. i listen to cannibal corpse on occasion .. i don't have thoughts of necrophilia ..

.. if some moron's parents would have been there to teach them right from wrong when they were young .. maybe they'd have enough sense to know that most of the lyrics are either history, satire, or just trying to make a 2.5 minute audio only horror movie
 jezdrummer
Msg: 54 (view)

What man or band is the Godfather of Heavy Metal? Let the debate begin!
Posted: 12/28/2009 7:15:55 PM
the GODFATHER of metal ... RICHARD WAGNER!!!!!!! .. or gustav holst .. seriously .. listen to mars bringer of war or ride of the valkeries and tell me that is not brutal

i could put a metal drum beat over them in no time.

any way .. i'd probably say zep was ALMOST there ... but to me it came to it's 1st complete form with sabbath and evolved from there and kept getting heavier
 jezdrummer
Msg: 26 (view)

Musicians, What is your favorite cover tune to play?
Posted: 12/28/2009 7:08:03 PM
can i play with madness
queen of the reich
leather rebel
fu*king an animal (that one always gets fun reactions live )
it's hard to really pick one.. or 5
 jezdrummer
Msg: 6 (view)

Ronnie James Dio - Stomach cancer
Posted: 12/28/2009 7:02:22 PM
i heard that a while ago .. worst news ever. amazing vocalist!!!!!!

and also .. why can we type bruce d i c k enson without it being starred out .. irritating ..
sentinel83 ... my band plays covers of maiden, priest, gwar, iced earth and originals in a similar style .. you might like it www.myspace.com/forgottenlgcy
www.youtube.com/forgottenlgcy ... check it out
 jezdrummer
Msg: 72 (view)

VIKING METAL(WHITE PEOPLE) METAL....WHY???
Posted: 12/28/2009 6:57:09 PM
that's not viking metal ..

if you think viking metal has no feel or emotion ..

haggard
korpiklaani

or maybe some power metal
nightwish
sonata arctica
hammerfall

this is a very opinion based post ... .. i can understand that there isn't the same "groove" factor in rock as there is in blues, jazz, and funk .. and i love those styles .. but nothing gets me going like a good rockin tune with double bass and soaring vocals ... everyone gets "moved" by different music i guess ... many people hear the latest rap song and get up and dance ... i have to hold back vomit ... other people (like me) put on a song (like judas priest or something of those lines) the singer hits an inhumanly high note and we go crazy .. while everyone else is holding their ears and going into convulsions

Show ALL Forums