Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Bit Confused...
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 38 (view)

Bit Confused...
Posted: 1/17/2019 5:56:56 PM

I'm thinkin' about writin' that book, Fullmoonguy)

Go for it.

Between last night and now, I have answered all messages in my INBOX. Have a meet for Friday evening and coffee WITH a muffin, for Sunday mornin'. So far I think I have made about a dozen men very happy. I REPLIED to them! Just think.

,...…………. but for the life of me, I can't figure out who these women are...………..that the men complain about / whine / cry over...…….. who will not respond.

They are the vast assortment of inert, unmotivated women who are no longer able to grasp the workings of the concept, as you have.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 14 (view)

Help ASAP
Posted: 1/17/2019 4:24:28 PM

But she was a real nut case.

No younger women for me!!!!

That quality is not confined to younger women.

The mercury poisoning in the pond cuts across the entire spectrum.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 7 (view)

Swap numbers, then next day get a brush-off
Posted: 1/15/2019 11:26:14 AM

A bit dis-illusioned (more that before) with the whole dating thing now.

Disappointment will be your closest friend.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 31 (view)

Bit Confused...
Posted: 1/13/2019 11:32:06 AM

I have had 2 meets in the last 2.5 years since I broke my engagement.

Dating from online can be and is difficult.

At that rate, it will take you 187.5 years to match LadyinRed's total.

That is definitely going to be difficult.

(not that you're trying to match her total, but 2 live meets in 2.5 years will not qualify as "highly active" by anyone's standards, and the low level of activity among women overall now, compared to the glory days years ago, is the source of much of the disappointing results that men are experiencing now)
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 2 (view)

Getting to Know a Great but Busy Person
Posted: 1/12/2019 12:34:43 PM

So, how much patience is a good amount?

With online dating, an unlimited amount should cover it.

Perhaps you've come across a really interesting person

Every time I look in the mirror.

The question then, is: can dating or a relationship work out,

Any relationship can work, and any relationship can fail.
It just depends on the 2 people involved.
2 couples in similar circumstances can end up with vastly different outcomes.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 64 (view)

Would you pay for safety?
Posted: 1/10/2019 11:40:07 AM

Would you pay for safety?

Yeah... and I do

Me too.

It's called US military and local law enforcement.

people who pray on innocents are all over...been that way for years and not likely to change.

God bless the Internet, right? ;)

Yeah, too bad the Internet was invented.
Everything and everybody was perfect before that.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 30 (view)

Spam and prostitution
Posted: 1/7/2019 4:39:04 PM

In the past few months, I seen many fake profiles being created. More than the occasional two or three in my area. Yesterday, I found one that had a profile name like: x2bxs_dmtdz

The overwhelming majority of "New Users" profiles in my area (Southern CALIF) are fake and don't last long. Lots of those weird usernames and model type photos.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 19 (view)

Women can't hold conversations, that's why they're here
Posted: 1/7/2019 4:03:36 PM

Keep in mind, this is about women who say someone being a great conversationalist is important to them, when they themselves can't hold a conversation.

It IS important to them.

However, most likely that's because THEY aren't great conversationalists themselves, so they need one to keep the conversation going FOR them.

You know, someone who has what they are lacking, in order to "complete" them.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 77 (view)

Do you feel you have run out of fish in your area?
Posted: 1/5/2019 2:14:26 PM

There's one I recall that emphasized that she only dates in the area, closeby...and complains why she can't find a decent guy, just weirdos and pervs.

I sent her an email, leading with how I could relate to her situation and introduced myself..

but no response.

No surprise there.
A lot of people complain just to hear themselves talk......not to actually solve the problem they are complaining about.

Often times, their profiles get *Updates* added to them, complaining about the behavior of the men that contact them,

There you go, another example.

I wonder if some of them get out of the house much to meet other singles?

From what I can see, doubtful.

I live in the 2nd largest metropolitan area in the US, and yet if you look at the POF events alone in this area, it's a pathetically small number.
And the vast majority of those who indicate they are attending.....are men.
What are all the women doing?
There used to be an abundance of real life singles dances and events in my area back in the 1980s and 1990s- logiacally so, with so many singles abounding- but they started to dwindle after 2000 when online dating started to become popular.
And now online dating has declined pathetically.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 76 (view)

*trigger* Have I broken it off too soon?
Posted: 12/29/2018 8:32:10 AM

Have I broken it off too soon?

Yes.
You have deprived us of one more promising ongoing soap opera to shake our heads at.

But we still have a few others to keep us entertained.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 48 (view)

*trigger* Have I broken it off too soon?
Posted: 12/27/2018 5:18:10 PM

I've tried dating shorter guys but it just makes me feel too big, it really irks me.

One was 2 inches shorter

The horror.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 9 (view)

Philospohy about responding to a Viewed Me.
Posted: 12/27/2018 1:47:57 PM

but less than 50% of women make first contact.

Much less.

What's up with THAT???
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 24 (view)

You get a Meet Me then no reply to your message...
Posted: 12/27/2018 1:11:48 PM

,just messages from Markus,lol

I was so excited one of the times I signed on recently and it said I had 1 new message in my inbox.

Then I clicked onto the tab, ........

And saw it was from Markus......again........ :(
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 68 (view)

i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/20/2018 4:12:53 PM

There is nothing I refuse to eat EXCEPT oysters.

Nothing?
Really?

How about these?:

"So, Which Bugs Can You Catch and Eat?

Grasshoppers and crickets
Ants
Termites
Grubs
Woodlice
Earthworms
Stinkbugs
Scorpions

Insects are actually the most abundant protein source on the planet, and many of them boast dense concentrations of nutrients like omega 3s. If two billion people can invite insects to the dinner table, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you to include edible bugs in your emergency-survival diet."

-Backpacker.com
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 65 (view)

i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/18/2018 4:24:00 PM

so I ordered sushi but did not enjoy it.

That's what ketchup and taco sauce is for.
If you had a few packets of those with you, you could have smothered the sushi and made it more palatable.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 4 (view)

Dating Around - The Modern Way to Date?
Posted: 12/18/2018 11:50:50 AM

(all this assumes the people don't have major issues )

A very risky assumption most of the time.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 20 (view)

blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:18:49 AM

it is discouraging to me

With online dating, disappointment will be your closest friend.

some , like 33% block me ??

Compared to some of these blockheads, Charlie Brown is a bonafide genius.

is there something about me that is that bad for you to block me???

Repeat after me:
"It's not me, it's them"
"It's not me, it's them"

Best of luck.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 149 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/15/2018 1:00:35 PM

I don't reply to messages from men whose profiles say that they have only had short relationships. That's a red flag/deal breaker for me.

JulyStorm's ex has a 9 year live-in relationship in his history.

Would you want HIM?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 34 (view)

How to Know If Your Partner Is Financially ‘Cheating’ in Your Relationship
Posted: 12/14/2018 11:21:24 AM

My mom's 2nd marriage they had separate accounts. But my mom was always broke. She always worked fulltime but basically after paying half the bills and for groceries and gas to work and stuff for us kids, she didn't have anything left for anything else. My stepdad made triple what she did. He was always buying himself stuff, going on expensive hunting trips, driving new trucks, wearing new name brand clothes and the like. My mom always drove an old minivan and shopped for her clothes at the thrift store. He would pay for them to go on nice vacations though because she couldn't afford them, we kids never got to go on any though. There was always an awkwardness in the household, he had more power and got to make all the decisions because he had the money. I remember there being a big fight one year because he wanted to buy new livingroom furniture. She wanted input on deciding which furniture to buy, he picked stuff she hated and told her his money so his decision. And there was a lot of little things like that. They split as soon as my youngest brother graduated and left home. My mom was tired of living in a house that wasn't hers, because even after living 11 years with him, she still felt like it wasn't her home.

Did anyone in your family ever make a good choice of life partner?

All I ever see is one dysfunctional/unhappy relationship after another.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 4 (view)

So many fake profiles hard to believe anyone
Posted: 12/11/2018 10:47:45 AM
Is your dog's name Toto? :)

I have no photo onsite and I'm as real as they come.

Its frustrating

Welcome to GuyWorldOLD.

Population: Millions.

You have to ask for more pics right away,

And pics can be old or fake.
Nothing takes the place of real live meeting, to see what's real and what's not.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 3 (view)

Why am I not getting replies
Posted: 12/10/2018 1:43:43 PM

Can people please advise me what may be wrong with my profile/how I could improve it?

I have also noted that quite a few women have viewed my profile, but not actually responded.

You will also note that , as of this writing, 65 "people" have viewed your profile, and no woman has responded here either.

I have also noted that quite a few women have viewed my profile, but not actually responded.

Welcome to the club.
The meeting will start in a few minutes.
Coffee and donuts are on the table in back.

Can people please advise me what may be wrong with my profile

Are you 6 foot tall AND are you a male model AND do you own and drive a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari?

Well, there you go, then.

It's not so much what's wrong with your profile- if anything- it's what's wrong with OLD itself at the current time.

Not enough women taking it as seriously and realistically as they used to years ago, and therefore not enough women participating as fully as they did years ago.
I was there when they did.

Best of luck.
 fullmoonguy2

It seemed so promising.
Posted: 12/7/2018 2:12:54 PM

It seemed so promising.

So many do, don't they?

I felt I needed to meet him in person.

I asked him to meet up.

I sent him a link to why men won't meet up.

that we could meet up, but he was sick.

He would shower me with gifts and dinners.

Did you ever actually meet up?

If not, how did he shower you with gifts and dinners?

Or do you mean he SAID he would shower you with gifts and dinners when the new deal went through?

I give up.

Perhaps a good idea.
Your profile mentions "time wasters".
Did you add that after this situation, or you don't know how to actually identify the "time wasters"?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 40 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2018 5:06:29 PM

3. Is faithful.
4. behaves in a faithful manner.
------------------------
Get a dog.

Recently, in a gift shop, I saw for the first time, a painted wooden sign that said, "If you want a stable relationship.....get a horse."
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 10 (view)

How to Know If Your Partner Is Financially ‘Cheating’ in Your Relationship
Posted: 12/4/2018 10:24:23 AM

Everyone says the key to having a successful marriage/relationship is trust. But keeping finances and assets separate indicates a lack of trust. I don't know how successful a marriage could be if there's a lack of trust.

Exactly.

A lot of people can't see the forest for the trees.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 52 (view)

Ladies. how many messages do you receive?
Posted: 12/3/2018 11:43:35 AM

as I only get the odd message every so often!

Me, too.

And it's usually from Markus.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 12/3/2018 11:33:06 AM

What do you think they are thinking when they get a message from someone as old as their dad?

They've been a bad girl and they need a spanking?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 69 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/3/2018 11:25:04 AM

Women are just more selective is all.

And yet....

We still hear all the horror stories.

Or did they grow up wanting to have a seriously dysfunctional relationship?

Also, security, police, military and the like are a red flag for some women.

Yes, some.
And some women say they love a man in uniform.

You have to sell yourself.

It helps to have a serious and informed buyer.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2018 2:38:58 PM

No. it's more like the overwhelming majority of them are contaminated due to the pollution in the water.

The problem with OLD is that too many people have crazy expectations.

Indeed.
Ferrari only made 500 of the $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari model for worldwide sale.
So how many 6 foot tall male models driving around in one do women think they are going to run into?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 30 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 11/30/2018 12:37:51 PM

If looks do matter.

"IF?"

I have looked at literally THOUSANDS of women's profiles over the years, and have seen the phrase "tall, dark, and handsome" many times in describing the type of man a woman was looking for, but I have yet to ever see a woman claim that she was looking for "short, dark, and ugly", or even "short. dark, and average-looking."

And I can count on one hand the number of times when even a short woman said she was NOT interested in a guy over 6 feet, (because they didn't want to strain their neck constantly looking up).

I've been on POF for quite sometime and I've yet to find the right person.

Welcome to the club.
The meeting will begin in a few minutes.
Coffee and donuts are on the table in back.

I'm at the point I don't know what women look for anymore

1) 6 feet tall.
2) Male model (or at least male model looks)
3) Own and drive a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.

And that's why you see so many online day after day, week after week, month after month, with apparently no results.
Because guys fitting that description are not that common.

I'm not perfect, but I can't be that horrible either.

There are millions of guys online who are average.
Why do people suppose the millions of women online who are SUPPOSEDLY not looking for the 6 foot male model with the Ferrari, are not snatching them up?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 32 (view)

How long did it take to get your divorce/separation finalized and move on with your life?
Posted: 11/28/2018 12:15:31 PM

You don't know me.

But we've seen the same story a countless number of times.

Only the names and places change.

Textbook.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 431 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/26/2018 6:13:58 PM

Like - crossing the street? Eating a grape? Driving to work? Daring to go out on the lawn to get the newspaper in January in your bathrobe?

No, Einstein, more like this:

"A Christian missionary was killed last week during an attempt to contact the inhabitants of North Sentinel Island, a remote Indian island in the Bay of Bengal. That missionary, John Chau, was a native of Vancouver, Washington."

"In a statement after Chau's death, Covenant Journey referred to Chau, who broke Indian law by trespassing on the island and attempting to contact the tribe, as a "martyr.""

" On Saturday, November 17, the fishermen returned to take John back to Port Blair. They reportedly saw that John was shot by arrows but kept walking. He was killed by the Sentinelese. The tribals placed a rope around his neck and dragged him along the shore where they would bury his body. The fishermen turned their boat around and informed authorities upon their arrival in Port Blair. Helicopters dispatched to North Sentinel to investigate John’s murder were unable to land.

Chau, according to media reports, knew what he was doing was both dangerous and illegal—the Sentinelese have a reputation for shooting arrows at people who try to land on their island and have not accepted any attempt at contact from the outside world.

The Sentinelese are one of the last uncontacted populations of humans on Earth. Their territory is protected by Indian law, which prohibits anyone from going within 5 nautical miles of the island. The people are thought to have been in the area for over 55,000 years, and their language is completely unknown to outsiders.

There are only an estimated 15 Sentinelese left on the island, according to the Indian government's 2011 census, and because they've been completely isolated, any contact with outsiders is an existential threat. They just don't have the immune systems for outside contact. John Chau may have thought that bringing the word of Jesus to the Sentinelese people would save them, but he wasn't a savior, he was an intruder. His death, of course, is tragic, but even Jesus couldn't save John Chau from himself. "

Another article said one of his last messages to friends before going was, "I don't want to die".

Then I would suggest that you forego visiting an island whose inhabitants are known to kill all strangers.

Of course people die unexpectedly every day, but if you deliberately put yourself in known harm's way, you're just helping things along yourself needlessly.

Like - crossing the street?

That depends.
Are you waiting until all the traffic passes by, and there is no chance of getting hit by a car, or are you just walking out into moving traffic and expecting them to stop just for you?
If you're walking out into moving traffic and expecting them to just stop for you, you're taking an unnecessary risk and being an idiot.

Another SMH moment.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 424 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/26/2018 10:59:26 AM

I don't find anything admirable about anyone that's never made
a mistake because they never tried or reached for something they
wanted. At least
most people do. Making it to 62 without making a mistake is hardly
something to be proud of. It's like saying you've never been out of
your zipcode.

Sounds like a great epitaph "Yeah, I'm alone, but at least I never made
a bad decision

Your ditzy comments are laughable.

I'm talking about MAJOR , LIFE-ALTERING MISTAKES THAT CAN NEEDLESSLY THREATEN YOUR LIFE.

Not missing a few questions on a geography test.

Life-KILLING "mistakes" like the people who climb over the safety railing at the Grand Canyon so they can have a more "natural" picture without the railings....and then fall to their death.

It's like saying you've never been out of
your zipcode.

I have been out of my zip code thousands of times, without coming back with major, life-altering PROBLEMS.
Including falling into the Grand Canyon.

People make mistakes then move on and try again.

People, such as that woman in Washington State who ended up in pieces, cannot just "move on" when they're dead.

ANOTHER SMH moment.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 421 (view)

Posted: 11/26/2018 10:33:07 AM

It is too easy for those that have never lived through it....to judge those that have.

Have you ever considered that some of us who have never lived through it,.......never lived through it because we made carefully considered better decisions, rather than just lucked out?

[
You don't know their story....so hold your judgements to yourself.

A lot of the stories are unsurprisingly similar. From the beginning of time.
I have been hearing them all my life. *(62 years)

Here's another variation:

Back when I was 10 or 11 (so this was late 1960s), my mom told me about a friend of hers, whose 16 year old high school student daughter ran away from home with her boyfriend because her parents didn't want them together. The parents were frantic. A couple months later the girl shows back up at home, dumped.....and pregnant. Bawling through tears that "I thought he loved me.". Yeah, that's a rare story.
So the judgments are usually accurate.

I dated my husband for 6 months, then lived with him for over a year before I married him.
Not once in that time did he show one sign of being a violent man....

A woman I chatted with on here a few times years ago, told me a similar story of her 2nd failed marriage (of 3).
Started dating a guy who treated her like a queen. Can't recall exactly how long. No problems at all.

However...she also mentioned that at parties and get-togethers, some of his family members and friends would make seemingly off-hand comments to her that "----- is a changed man since he met you" or " -----is a different guy since you started dating him".
My immediate reaction was "changed from what?"

She said that question never occurred to her, and so she never asked it.
But 9 months into the marriage, she found out, when he started physically abusing her, and she discovered eventually that everyone knew he has abused all his former girlfriends, and the "change", a temporary one, was that he wasn't abusing her.....yet.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 400 (view)

Posted: 11/24/2018 9:05:11 AM

I just know so many examples of people that moved on after a split like mine and live good happy lives with someone new. I want that too.

Chances are, those particular people did not make the same mistakes over and over again.

I hear what your saying and I'm glad you finally told me your experiences.

I find it to be sad and disappointing that so many women make the choices that put them through those kind of experiences, rather than more positive choices to begin with.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 34 (view)

Science Says Finding Your Soul Mate Is Basically Impossible
Posted: 11/16/2018 12:32:51 PM

Folks, in this day and age of modern technology, if you cant meet someone, the onus is on YOU

It's not so much of a problem with "meeting" someone- out in real life vs. online (a whole different story), and risking a shot of pepper spray- it's making some type of a "connection" whereby the meeting is not just a passing one-time thing.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 305 (view)

Posted: 11/16/2018 9:03:19 AM

But where are all the single people my age who I am not related to?

In the big cities that you had the freedom to move to after college, before you made the bad choices that put you in your present situation.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 11 (view)

Attachment theory seems to explain my dating type and problems
Posted: 11/14/2018 3:13:37 PM

Dismissive-avoidant: Doesn't need validation, don't need close relationships, often think they are of higher value in relationships, deals with relationship issues by avoiding partners.

Based on 2500+ pages of complaints from men on the Profile Review forum- and my own personal experience at the present time- this is the most common dating type exhibited by women on dating sites.

Dismissed and avoided by the masses.
 fullmoonguy2

Spam and prostitution
Posted: 11/14/2018 11:30:28 AM

How can a man find a woman

With great difficulty.

Men have been finding women for centuries

With great difficulty.

They have climbed mountains,

tried to get through thick bush (Sleeping Beauty),

slayed dragons,

See what I mean?

Disclaimer:

The above great difficulty only applies to those men who are not a 6 foot tall male model who owns and drives a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 2 (view)

Is art attractive?
Posted: 11/10/2018 8:33:32 AM

I know that the artist is supposedly a cliche attractive type of man but is it really?

It depends.

If your artwork is selling for a million dollars apiece, it's VERY attractive.

If you're a stereotypical "starving artist" who's always bumming meals and rides, then not so much.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 29 (view)

DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?
Posted: 11/7/2018 6:36:58 PM

That is ridiculous amounts of shekels to spend for BOTH of them. Do yous no think it is a bit obscene spending all that cash?.........

I think it's more than a "bit" obscene.

It's an absolutely ridiculous waste of money.

Which demonstrates exactly why those in power have not solved the social or economic problems.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 233 (view)

Posted: 11/6/2018 11:50:42 AM

My major mistake was staying in an unhealthy relationship too long

Actually, your major mistake was throwing away the bright future you had when you were 24, single, childless, with a college degree, and all sorts of good choices in front of you.

And you chose a dark future of emotional abuse and financial distress by getting involved in such a relationship in the first place.
Rather than mapping out a sound plan of action and sticking to it.

but I don't regret it

And there is your biggest obstacle.

Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of the past are condemned to repeat them.

Set some higher standards for yourself.

That's sound advice for all the other 7 billion people on the planet as well.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 15 (view)

Why do Single mothers push men away?
Posted: 11/5/2018 4:22:53 PM

I was dating an amazing woman/single mom for 2-3 months . She had been divorced twice and I was going through a divorce (amicable).

First thought that come to my mind is, if she's so "amazing", how come she has 2 failed marriages?

She got a job RRALLY close to me and not once did she stop by to/from work

was putting myself "out there", being vulnerable, "opening up". It didn't ever happen on her side.

I was being open. She was not.

Yeah, I'm still not seeing the "amazing" part.

Unless you're just referring to her looks.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 27 (view)

Cancelled/rescheduled date. Feeling vulnerable & irritated, thoughts?
Posted: 11/4/2018 9:58:07 AM

I am in my 20s & live a more colourful dating life than I'd like. Hopefully it will stabilise someday soon. :)

Well, then, it is up to you to make better choices in that regard, so that you don't end up with a track record and situation like some of the other people who post on here.
 fullmoonguy2

I'd appreciate a woman's opinion
Posted: 11/1/2018 10:38:16 AM

Got to be honest, this site has shredded my self-confidence lol. I was under the false impression I was at least decent-looking and fairly articulate until the POF experience.

Welcome to the "Online Dating Guy Experience".

I'm not a woman, but I can give you the facts that others won't, especially people who are part of the problem instead of being part of the solution.

Online dating is not what it used to be in the glory days, which were at least 2004 (when I started) up to about 2010.
After that, things started going downhill.

The problem is that overall, women just do not participate in the online dating process as fully as they used to years ago.

One of your criticisms was my pictures weren't perfect. I honestly don't know many perfect looking people. I do the best I can. I can't say I saw many perfect looking people when browsing,

There aren't any perfect looking people.
There ARE a lot of physically attractive people.
Anyone with even average eyesight can clearly see that you don't look like Quasimodo's twin brother.

But so many people are ridiculously picky, and therefore sabotage their own opportunities by holding out for the perfect in every way person who will never arrive.

I don't know what the average standard is on pof

1) At least 6 feet tall
2) Male model looks
3) Owns and drives a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari

but I accept I didn't meet it

Few do.
Which is why you will probably see the same women on here week after week, month after month, and even year after year. (like I do in my area here in Southern Calif.)
So, either they are actually just using it as a hookup site and hooking up with man after man, or....they cannot find any man who can meet every item on their long laundry list, or......it's just that ego boost thing that has been mentioned often.
And you have to spell out everything for them, like a child, or they will self-sabotage by assuming the worst about everyone, rather than giving the benefit of the doubt until they learn more facts.

I'd love to see a good male profile though, one that didn't have the criticisms of mine. Just as a point of reference. Do you have any to hand?

Feel free to look at mine.
I have NEVER had a picture on an online dating profile, and the type of profile I have now is a similar type (lots of humor) to those that garnered me HUNDREDS of messages back in the glory days, but no more, because things have changed, and I'm in the same boat as you now.

Best of luck.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 112 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2018 2:20:54 PM

so do you also tell your partner your planning ahead for the end?

One might think so, given the widespread declarations that trust and transparency are essential for a truly deep and fulfilling relationship, but I wouldn't hold my breath with most people.
 fullmoonguy2

Qualities men look for in a woman?
Posted: 10/29/2018 11:43:56 AM

A man generally looks for these qualities in a woman:

Attractive
Intelligent
Emotionally Stable
Low Maintenance
Respectful
Supportive
Wants to have sex

Generally, yes, but there are plenty of exceptions.

most have at least 1 of those qualities.

If by "attractive", you mean physically attractive, then yes, that is the most common quality that can be found on profiles (based on any pictures shown), and in real life.
The most difficult to find is demonstrated intelligence.
The others are difficult to discern from a simple online profile, but the outlook is not hopeful.
 fullmoonguy2

Plenty of Fakes
Posted: 10/29/2018 11:00:53 AM

How many of you in our age group actually go on dates through contacts made via this site?

I used to, back in the glory days of OLD.

Not anymore.
Not since OLD has gone so pathetically downhill.

Such a sad situation.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 19 (view)

Western men seeking love abroad
Posted: 10/28/2018 4:39:56 PM

Are there any countries or religions where it's still custom for the guy to receive a dowry if he weds a woman?

If so, it's probably in goats and sheep.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 5 (view)

Take new woman to POF event?
Posted: 10/23/2018 5:48:16 PM

A woman I've never communicated with writes to me and wants me to take her to a local POF event.
Should I? If you were a guy, would you?

That depends.
Is this event in a dark alley in a seedy part of town?
If yes, I would pass.
If not, I would probably be OK with it.(Unless she looked like Quasimodo)

Once you meet before any other form of communication, it's just a little more difficult to leave.

There's always the fake stomachache excuse.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 16 (view)

Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 10/23/2018 3:26:59 PM

I always feel to shy to message someone, in fear that they will not respond.

Well, maybe you could pass a note to Susie in English class, who can pass it on to Tommy, who can pass it on to Billy, who you secretly like.

So am I approaching it wrong,

In a word, yes.

or am I just letting it get to myself?

In a word, yes.

I feel I have a lot to offer.

We'll never know for sure.

I always feel to shy to message someone, in fear that they will not respond.

I do the same thing with all the genuine real European princesses.

I never send them a message, and they all keep marrying other guys.

Show ALL Forums