Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Genital Herpes
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 711 (view)

Genital Herpes
Posted: 7/21/2016 6:08:16 AM

That's great that you can afford it.

Canada. It's covered. Socialized medicine is great. Don't let anyone tell you differently. (And no, it's not free, our taxes cover it)
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 697 (view)

Genital Herpes
Posted: 7/15/2016 10:07:13 AM
Ah, the thread where those with herpes try to convince those without that it's no big thing. Except is really can be. A former boss used to take time off when he got cold sores, the experience was so bad. As for those saying that if you are afraid you shouldn't have sex, get over yourselves! My partners and I get tested for everything before we get physical. That way we can be completely relaxed, knowing that we are totally safe, with no nasty surprises down the line. Finally, for those who still insist that you can only be tested during an outbreak, wrong. There are several blood tests to detect herpes. I know. I've had them, and I'm clean. Hahahaha!
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 155 (view)

People who have been single most of their lives.
Posted: 4/13/2016 10:38:03 AM
This is what Moraima said:

Like their insecurity demands they have a partner so that they aren't alone, or other people don't see them as single. Afraid to learn who they are, and uncomfortable with themselves. Unable to live alone because they can't face themselves.

I agree with this. There are a lot of weak people who seek relationships to hide from the harsh realities of life. My problem is that too many people believe this of pretty much everyone who seeks a close, committed, deeply involved relationship. I am extremely self-aware, independent, capable, etc, but have been painted with same brush as those who aren't
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 140 (view)

Posted: 4/13/2016 6:20:16 AM

So what happens when someone isn't single anymore? Do they suddenly become totally brain dead? Is it totally impossible to have self awareness and personal growth once you meet someone? Do you tell old people that have been married for 40 or 50 years or longer that they missed out on self awareness and personal growth?

Okay, I shouldn't have said "only". Personal growth and self-awareness can happen in any context. It is self-motivated and self-directed. However, there is a quality to the experience when you are single that is different than when coupled. My point is that many people are afraid to face it, and can avoid it by being in a relationship.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 117 (view)

Posted: 4/12/2016 12:19:42 PM

but God help any single person who points out that many people are partnered for the wrong reason.

I'll give you that one. I find it is mostly true of women looking to have children that will fool themselves into overlooking the obvious fatal flaws of a relationship in order to have them. It only leads to bad outcomes. I also agree that there are many who are afraid of self awareness and the personal growth that only happens when single.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 111 (view)

Posted: 4/12/2016 10:49:28 AM

Like their insecurity demands they have a partner so that they aren't alone, or other people don't see them as single. Afraid to learn who they are, and uncomfortable with themselves. Unable to live alone because they can't face themselves.

Well, none of that applies to me.

It now seems weird to me that many people's focus is totally on being partnered

It seems quite the opposite to me. Profile after profile of people essentially saying that they need their space, how they enjoy their independence, that they want someone to complement them, not complete them, etc., all designed to create and enforce a distance in the relationship. Like everyone is super jaded.

while in the honeymoon stage of a relationship, partners might be joined at the hip

Over ten years for me.

"Condescending bullshit."

In your opinion, not mine.

Just proving my point about being seen as weak and immature.

fixated in the phallic and anal stages of psychosexual development...

Do people actually still adhere to Freud?

You do realize that married people are known to be happier and healthier than singles, right? No man is an island.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 93 (view)

Posted: 4/11/2016 12:53:22 PM
^Eh, whatever. I just seems weird, like a fear, like an insecurity or something. Afraid to get to close, that sort of thing. I only mentioned it because people like me usually get ridiculed as being emotionally needy, like we're weak. So, back at ya. (not you personally)
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 92 (view)

Posted: 4/11/2016 11:57:34 AM
The best relationship I had was a long-term one where we were joined at the hips 24/7. It's what we both enjoyed, so we were on the same page, and it was great. I don't understand people who only want limited exposure to their partner.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 963 (view)

who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 11:36:39 AM
Man, you're a shrew!
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 939 (view)

who pays
Posted: 3/22/2016 12:20:35 PM

They are making money out of show casting their stupidity

*showcasing*
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 15 (view)

Guys who assume...
Posted: 3/22/2016 8:32:03 AM
Onyx might be on to something. I think a lot of people assume that if a 57 year old lady is with a 43 year old guy, she is looking for sex. You know, the whole cougar thing. That seems to be the reason so many women on here state as to why they like to date younger men.

I guess he was testing to see if you were both on the same page.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 914 (view)

who pays
Posted: 3/21/2016 9:31:42 AM

I think Karma has her own personal cheerleader.

Because she too feels that a man has to prove his value to her. They are birds of a feather.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 364 (view)

Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 11:25:49 AM
Miata hehehe. Somewhere, Chad McQueen is laughing at you.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 362 (view)

Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 11:04:58 AM
For many women, they completely lose all desire. Not just physical, but emotional too. Not only is sex no longer an interest, but they don't even feel the need to be warm, to show affection, to provide the emotional component that they once did. They no longer feel the thrill of a relationship. They become completely indifferent, even resistant. It can be quite distressing to see a lover do a complete 180. Here's a quote from a great article:

"Only now can I see what a monumental change she went through. She moved from the role of wife, mother and lover to this matriarchal authority figure. That was a real challenge for me."
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 358 (view)

Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 10:10:39 AM
Maybe they assume that a mature women has gone through menopause and has lost her libido. It doesn't happen to all women, but it does to more than you might think.

Also, "It simply means she was most likely bored with sex with you." goes both ways.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 830 (view)

who pays
Posted: 3/16/2016 11:33:38 AM
Interesting that Karma is back on the boards but avoiding this thread. She does that a lot.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 93 (view)

Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?
Posted: 3/14/2016 9:31:12 AM

IF I find someone who is the entire package. If not, I'm happy to stay single until I find someone who is at least close to it.

You've said two things here. You want the entire package, and, you are okay with someone at least close to it, and therein lies the problem many people create for themselves. If you are looking for the "entire package", then you will preclude yourself from considering anyone who is only "close to it". You've set two different goal posts.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 739 (view)

who pays
Posted: 3/10/2016 8:54:10 AM

In the end I seemed to end up pursuing women who pursued me with equal enthusiasm

Exactly. I've had the best relationships with women who let me know they were interested and made an equal effort. It seems demeaning to be the sole pursuer.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 758 (view)

Men need to learn courting skills for their own benefit
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:56:53 AM
Is Blondie gone again? Good.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 701 (view)

who pays
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:10:38 AM

What people don’t see is that many women are completely financially independent and are not gold diggers at all.

Being financially independent and being a gold digger are not mutually exclusive.

Just more propaganda designed to help women retain the benefits they want while not having to give anything in return. Karma even says so herself. "Selectively traditional", etc. That, and she outs herself as being bitter after being a "nice girl" for so long and getting used by men. Of course, that doesn't fly when a man says that he used to be so nice to women and got used for his troubles.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 695 (view)

who pays
Posted: 3/9/2016 10:11:21 AM
Ya know, I'm a total gentleman, but more often than not, I end up feeling used. Sure some women appreciate it, but they also look at me like a chump. Thankfully, women usually approach me, and I haven't had to endure the endless BS that these threads illustrate. When I approach and make the first move, the women assume an arrogant position and the relationship goes nowhere. When they approach me, I treat them well and we proceed on an equal footing, and those are the relationships that work. Funny how that works.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 669 (view)

who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 1:16:19 PM
Okay, apparently it can also mean a sum given to the wife, but the most common usage is that of a sum paid by the family of the bride. In the OED, the bible of dictionaries which trumps all others, the first definition is a sum paid by the bride’s family, which I believe indicates the most common usage.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 667 (view)

who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 12:55:57 PM

I think that Instead of women expecting a man to pay for a ridiculous dinner on first date, what all women should expect and demand is that he behaves as in the old days by Demanding a proof of his financial responsibility.
In the old days, the man was to give the girl's father a dowry / who was a large sum of money, a price for his daughter, that was the proof of the financial stability of the man, as a first thing.

How does this seem to you now? Does this make sense and it is appropriate?

Nice try, but you got that backwards. A dowry was a sum that the parents of the bride paid to the husband. You know, to take her off their hands.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 13 (view)

Impressing a Girl on a date then her Freinds / Parents...
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:30:32 AM

What that girl did was VERY WRONG, verging on crazy...in the future, if such a thing occurs, I'd not go through with the date.

If you are meeting a person in a safe public place, they should not be bringing other people along.

I would have immediately said so to her & excused myself. Talk about being put on the spot.

Are you back?
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 744 (view)

Posted: 2/23/2016 8:24:21 AM

'Act like a man' or 'man up' are just two of the ways in which women try to force or shame men into doing what women want.

I wouldn't bet on that. Maybe it just sounds better than embarrassing you by saying "stop being such a pu**y" ymmv :/

But your statement assumes that the guy actually is acting like a puss, instead of the women trying to shame acceptable behaviour. It's a cheap way out for women - don't like the guys behaviour, attack his manhood, even if it doesn't hold water.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 743 (view)

Posted: 2/23/2016 8:19:38 AM

This would not be "funny" nor news for anyone except for those most ignorant of social history.

Men historically have not had a problem dating and marrying women with small or no incomes; they have preferred it! They preferred women to be dependent NOT independent. The standards for choosing women was based on beauty and perceived cultural standards of femininity. So, how did they LOOK, these impecunious brides?

If you are therefore attempting a sarcastic joke at the expense of women working to raise the dignity of women around the world, it is in poor taste. For shame.

Just another propagandist trying to maintain the inequities that benefit women instead of seeking equality. Get over yourself.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 63 (view)

Single vs. Divorced...what should my relationship status be?
Posted: 2/22/2016 8:26:09 AM
OMG, not this again.

This site has the option for divorced, so if you are divorced, that is the only correct answer. Yes, you are technically single, but if the option for divorced exists, then that is the one to choose. Any other choice is lying.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 12 (view)

Weird Realization
Posted: 2/17/2016 1:26:25 PM

Nothing weird about it really

I would agree except I remember the profiles being contradictory.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 10 (view)

Weird Realization
Posted: 2/17/2016 12:58:46 PM

even though many times the same women were here as well.

What was weird was I noticed a woman on here who was also on a different site, using the same photos, but with substantially different profiles!
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 17 (view)

are you seeing anyone? I know someone you should meet.,,
Posted: 2/10/2016 12:09:05 PM

I think saying he needs a good woman was your friends way of saying - I think you are a great woman :)
He sounds sweet, he had to make that first call...
I say meet him

Exactly. I took it as a compliment to you.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 16 (view)

are you seeing anyone? I know someone you should meet.,,
Posted: 2/10/2016 12:08:14 PM

"He needs a good woman" would make me nervous too. It says to me that he has lived through a string of disasters....not exactly a rousing declaration of his suitability.

Why would you assume that he is the problem and not that he has meet horrible women who didn't treat him well? That's how I read "He needs a good women"; that he is a good guy who has been hard done by. Oh, wait, it's always the man's fault *rolls eyes*
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 38 (view)

Dating a Genius with Psychological Disorders
Posted: 2/10/2016 11:00:13 AM

Again. over simplifying. People on here are shunned for being short, fat, bald, brunette, slightly chubby, blue eyes, short hair, like motorcycles, hate fishing, like country music, have dead deer in their photos....I could go on.

Multiple mental issues, no thanks.

You missed the point, but whatever.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 2/10/2016 9:30:46 AM

Would you say this to your son? I'm not saying that this couldn't be a wonderful relationship. This gal has multiple mental issues. Multiple. Some of you are just looking at the sweet, sunshiny part of this and don't see the potential storm or the horizon. The romantic love until reality hits. Medications, volatile, mood swings, suicide attempts, hospitalizations, anger, frustration and on and on. What you see as "cute little quirks" can manifest into really, really big issues.

Yeah, I guess I was oversimplifying a bit, and focusing more on the OCD angle. I firmly believe that MOST people have an undiagnosed issue of varying degree, but because they are not diagnosed, nobody looks at them as being troubled when clearly they are, yet diagnosed people get looked at as a problem and to be shunned, when they are actually to be applauded for recognizing they have problems and are getting help. Undiagnosed person=free pass, diagnosed person = stigma and shunning.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 2/10/2016 6:28:43 AM
If you can handle the particular issues that usually come with these disorders, and you appreciate intelligence, incredible awareness, and the ability to think in paragraphs while the average person thinks in single words and sentences, you will be happy.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 30 (view)

Gender Differencs in Purported Numbee of Sexual Relations
Posted: 2/4/2016 1:27:40 PM

some of us (probably most us)who get bent out of shape are flabbergasted that someone they barely know would ask them such an intimate question. If you ask a question for which you have to right to the answer, don't be surprised by the response.

Who said I barely knew them. Also, they were interested in my history, too. I respect that. This is when we had known each other for a bit and were getting ready for a relationship. I always had great conversations. No one has ever been upset by it. I guess I have a great picker.

Why are you afraid to tell?
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 204 (view)

Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?
Posted: 2/4/2016 10:20:32 AM

But settle down, and share my hard earned retirement with someone who didn’t have the foresight to set aside something – not so much.

For some, it's not that they didn't have the foresight, but the opportunity. I myself am okay but don't own a house or have great savings and I've been discarded for it. Some people are more interested in being a power couple than love. (not you Henry. I enjoy your posts)
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 2/4/2016 9:07:08 AM

the subject of how many sex partners each of us has had never enters into my conversations with the opposite sex.

It's come up in many of mine, and the conversation has gone both ways. It's a good way to get a handle on someone's judgement. Not so much the number, but the circumstances. Someone who's all one-night stands with shady partners isn't someone I want to be with. People who get bent out of shape over the question are usually trying to hide something. They want their cake and eat it too.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 2/4/2016 8:38:06 AM

I find it tiring that biology is always used as an excuse for poor male behavior. Never seems acceptable for women to use biology to explain why they act certain ways.

He's not excusing, he is explaining. It sounds like you don't like getting called out, as you have used the "instincts" argument for yourself. See my response to you in the "height" thread.

For the record, I think men and women need to rationalize beyond their biological urges. People need to stop shirking responsibility.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 280 (view)

LADIES - A Question of Height...
Posted: 2/2/2016 7:46:47 AM

My 16 year old son is pushing 6 feet, and it would feel weird if the guy I dated was shorter than my son.

Ignoring the creepiness of this, sons often grow to be taller than their fathers. If you were married and your son grew taller than your husband (which is presumably his father), would you then divorce him, because your son is now taller and your husband would no longer appeal to you? Just weird. As I and others have said, too many women won't think with their rational mind and give in to their primal instincts.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 465 (view)

When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...
Posted: 1/29/2016 11:40:56 AM
I see sunshine has already fulfilled my prophecy! I knew it would be her, too.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 464 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2016 11:39:03 AM

And it will always be totally the guy's fault when things don't work out-at least in their mind.

OMG! This, too. I know women who will not admit that they did anything wrong in a failed relationship. They claim 100% innocence!
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 463 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2016 11:37:01 AM

It seems like you could put some women in a room with a dozen guys, and she will latch onto the one guy in the room that's abusive, unemployed, drug user, lice infested, cheater etc.... But she will claim she never saw those "red flags" until it's too late... Despite those same "red flags" being immediately obvious to everyone else on the planet...
Then down the road, she will finally (hopefully) figure it out that she's made some pretty bad choices, she will finally look for a "decent guy" to drag her back to the real world, raise the " losers' " kids, and make her happy....

Not sure about " abusive, unemployed, drug user, lice infested, cheater" all in one person, but yes, this happens WAY TOO OFTEN! A previous girlfriend even told me that people tried to warn her about marrying the guy, but she didn't listen, and is now divorced, and regrets everything. Well, everything but the kids she wanted.

I guarantee that someone will come in here and lambast us about how somehow this is a guys fault, and that women don't actually do this. We're just stating the facts ma'am, just the facts.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 252 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2016 6:20:24 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think many ladies don't have a good handle on what different heights actually look like, and even misperceive what is right before their eyes.

FFS! You guys are really scraping the bottom of the excuse barrel! Right….we can’t tell height differences and have no choice but acquire a “tall” male trophy.

That deserves two laughing emoticons.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think many ladies don't have a good handle on what different heights actually look like, and even misperceive what is right before their eyes.

Blaming women for male inadequacies is tiresome and lame but as old as human existence and probably won’t change as long as men require scapegoats for themselves.

Exploitation is something else.

What the hell are you on about? This makes no sense.

"Right….we can’t tell height differences " The anecdote I relayed really happened. Those women obviously couldn’t. You explain it to me then.

"have no choice but acquire a “tall” male trophy. " This also makes no sense. I never said anything about women having no choice...what? Just stupid. My point was that, as rational humans, and not purely instinctual animals, we DO have a choice. I just seems some people (men and women) don't bother to grow beyond the grunting stage and act like they are slaves to their instincts.

"Blaming women for male inadequacies " I'm not inadequate and don't feel that way. My height has never been a problem as far as I know. You, however, are trying to reinforce the idea that shorter men must be inadequate. You are the one with the shitty attitude, not me. Hahahaha!

I'm not even sure how exploitation got thrown in here.

Your post is ridiculous, asinine really. You couldn't be more wrong. Actually, YOU could be. Jezz, your posts help explain sites like Elite Singles. I’d be nice to actually have intelligent posters with good comprehension and the ability to engage in rational discourse instead of the childish tantrums thrown by insecure cranks who project their own inadequacies on others.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 22 (view)

Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 1/26/2016 10:15:44 AM

That was my experience and I'm pretty sure it's been SLAFFA's, as well.

Wait, you mean the same SLAFFA that doesn't even post pics on his profile?

/I know, he probably did at one time
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 17 (view)

Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 1/26/2016 9:32:09 AM
I guess if the first pic was bad, and you changed it to a substantially better pic, that could happen. Not arguing with you, just curious. Glad it works for someone.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 237 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2016 9:23:49 AM

Why is it so difficult to accept SOME women PREFER taller men.

Because of the perceived reasons that the women prefer the taller man. It's like they feel that they are competing and that somehow landing a taller man is a trophy. They are slaves to unconscious primal instincts, instead of using the rational mind that allows us to think and reason beyond our instincts. It's what separates us from the animals.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 236 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2016 9:17:40 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think many ladies don't have a good handle on what different heights actually look like, and even misperceive what is right before their eyes. I've been with two women who both thought they were taller than I am, until I got them to stand in front of a mirror with me, and they realized that they were a few inches shorter. How does that happen?
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 15 (view)

Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 1/26/2016 9:09:40 AM

^^^^^ Full moon, you say women don't participate as fully anymore, why do you think that is? Is it an age thing ... they were more into dating in their 40s than they seem to be in their 50s and beyond ? Some wome, as well as some men, just got tired of the b.s.? Can't be bothered? Maybe some have come to embrace their singleness? Do we, both genders, just get fed up with online and move to real life or just make a life?

While all of this might be true, it doesn’t really address the question. People might be dropping out because of the above reasons, which are based mostly on frustrations encountered in the process. However, there is also a constant, even increasing use of OLD, so while people drop out they are being replaced. The problem is that people are now coming to the site with a different attitude to begin with. The comment about women not participating as much seems to be true. I’m amazed by how many profiles contain little to no information. That was rare 6-8 years ago, but is quite common now. These aren’t people who have been frustrated by years of futility, but enter the market place with an already bad attitude.

You need at least 2 if not 3 "good ones" with dates/captions that you rotate at least every other day.

Ah, the “rotate your pics” gambit! I actually feel annoyed when I think there is a new profile, only to see that it is someone who has been on here for years, and they’ve shuffled their pictures. How does that help? If you’ve already decided against a person, how will a new pic change that? And if someone doesn’t already recognize you from your pic, then your profile is probably new to them, and it really shouldn’t matter which pic you have as the main. I guess that could work if someone rejects a profile based on the main pic and doesn’t even click the profile to see the others, so that a different pic might spark some interest that the previous one didn’t, but that seems marginal.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 31 (view)

You get blocked just for sending a message?
Posted: 12/18/2015 6:57:39 AM

They aren't interested. It doesn't matter why. It doesn't matter how the tell you or if they tell you or if they just block you. All you need to understand is that they each have their prefered way of showing lack of interest. They get you message, they look at your profile and they are not interested.

Exactly. Op, there are some very disrespectful, classless, cowardly people out there. It sucks, and I wish I could change it, but the "get over it" crowd keeps up anchored.
 nth_degree1111
Msg: 179 (view)

Where are all the Aging Stoners?
Posted: 12/17/2015 7:21:31 AM
That "drug use" question is ridiculous. Many, many people smoke, most are not going to announce it to the public on a dating site. I guess in a technical sense it is dishonest, but not in spirit. It is an intrusive question that most people choose to ignore because too many others will make a mountain out of a molehill.
Also, I think most people mentally separate pot from other drugs, and rightfully so. Who cares about pot? I'm concerned about meth, X, heroin, pills - you know, the real problem drugs.

Show ALL Forums