Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why do women like Jerks
 Elmenreich
Msg: 280 (view)

Why do women like Jerks
Posted: 12/26/2011 4:31:55 PM
Yup, nice guy in person but a jerk in the bed. A lot of women's secret passion.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 91 (view)

Statements in profiles that make you say NEXT!
Posted: 12/26/2011 4:26:52 PM

Was contacted by a woman on here who said she's having marital problems & wanted me to teach her how to shoot a gun....

Are you serious? You should report that woman to the authorities. It sounds like she's planning to murder her husband. She's looking for someone to teach her how to shoot a gun to replace him which would make any man crazy enough to do it an accomplice to a murder crime.

Let's not go overboard. I'm all for gun control, but you don't report someone to the police for wanting to learn how to shoot a gun.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 63 (view)

How Would You Fix CA?
Posted: 12/26/2011 4:20:49 PM

Simple answer:
Require an IQ test before you can vote.

They actually used to do that, sort of.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 4 (view)

Atheism and Dating
Posted: 12/23/2011 12:24:16 PM
Sucking in bed is a bad thing?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 59 (view)

How Would You Fix CA?
Posted: 12/23/2011 12:15:02 PM

Ah yes...there is plenty of slave labor in China, India and other countries. As unions push for higher and higher wages and benefits you can be rest assured that there will be zero manufacturing in this country in no time at all as every single company in this country is slowly but moving shop.

Oh, yes. Because unions have been so successful in getting more wages and more benefits over the past 20 years. And tell me about slave labor in India outside the prostitution industry. I used to live in India, and I'd be interested on your take on the issue.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 1 (view)

Atheism and Dating
Posted: 12/23/2011 12:09:55 PM
I don't exactly advertise the fact that I'm an atheist when I'm meeting women. One time, I was dating this girl for a couple of months, and I told her I didn't believe in God. She cried. Anyone have similar experiences?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 55 (view)

Would vegi/vegans eat meat if?
Posted: 12/23/2011 12:06:24 PM
By eating meat, you're eating more of the food that could have been used to feed animals, because you're eating all the food that animal ate.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 64 (view)

Breaking the law: A morality issue?
Posted: 12/17/2011 6:02:36 PM
It's really the chicken industry where you see the nasty stuff happen.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 60 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2011 5:24:28 PM
If someone did to a pet what people regularly do in the meat industry, it would be animal abuse.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 58 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2011 4:56:40 PM
Even animal abuse? Then everyone should be a vegetarian. How about abusing the environment? No more cars, I guess. Anyway, I think that the people who run around abusing science to fake people into believing that global warming is a myth are just as bad as wifebeaters.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 31 (view)

Organ Donation from Prisoners - Ethical, or Manipulative of Prisoners?
Posted: 12/17/2011 4:15:26 PM
How about instead of killing people, we transfer their personality and memory into cats? They don't die, but they have to be cats the rest of their lives.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 52 (view)

Would vegi/vegans eat meat if?
Posted: 12/17/2011 3:20:29 PM
I've been a vegetarian for four years, and I would eat a hamburger for $100. I haven't had a drink in over three years, and I wouldn't take a drink for $100.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 29 (view)

Organ Donation from Prisoners - Ethical, or Manipulative of Prisoners?
Posted: 12/17/2011 3:18:33 PM
I have a question. If a man or woman kills his or her wife and gets life in prison, don't all of his/her body parts get a life sentence? So wouldn't the person receiving a lung transplant from a prisoner be expected to be sent to jail.?

I'm bored.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 65 (view)

Mathematics and Free Will.
Posted: 12/17/2011 3:14:49 PM
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this in the past four pages, but Godel's proof clearly shows that there can be no logical basis for even basic mathematics. The statement "2+2=4" has no logical basis.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 24 (view)

Speaking of faith...
Posted: 12/17/2011 1:31:33 PM
Non-believers and believers get along fine if they respect each other's beliefs and don't try to convert them. If you don't want to date an atheist, that's fine; it's your choice. Some people would never date an African-American. Others have different prejudices.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 30 (view)

Did Walt Disney hate mothers?
Posted: 12/17/2011 1:25:47 PM
Don't try to read too much into Disney movies. They were made to make money. Walt Disney didn't hate Jews; he just used the stereotype of the Jewish salesman in "The Three Little Pigs" because that's what was common at the time. He didn't hate mothers because, quite frankly, nearly every children's story ever written is about an orphan.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 18 (view)

To me the recession is even worse now
Posted: 12/17/2011 1:16:42 PM
The rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. The recession's over for the 1%, but the depression is ongoing for the rest of us.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 58 (view)

Repetitive lines you see in profiles
Posted: 11/20/2011 5:26:56 PM
"I'm not religious. I'm spiritual."

Translation: I'm in AA/NA.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 11/20/2011 3:45:30 PM
Actually, if you read your Old Testament, God's hardly benevolent. He's a jerk.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2011 2:08:47 PM
"If you can't handle me at my WORST, you don't deserve me at my BEST."
 Elmenreich
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 11/8/2011 12:39:59 PM
I've seen a few women list "monster trucks" under their interests. Seriously?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 11/6/2011 3:11:55 PM
Worse yet, do women think that's what guys want to hear?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 11/2/2011 2:51:09 PM
Women who want an "other" relationship and won't let men contact her who are just looking for sex.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2011 8:51:54 AM
The one that gets me is when women put up pics of themselves sideways.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 4 (view)

11-11-11: What are you doing?
Posted: 10/31/2011 8:35:42 AM
Hmmm... I have a job interview on the 11th, so my answer is, "hopefully changing careers."
 Elmenreich
Msg: 15 (view)

Advice: 30 years old; never had a GF
Posted: 10/31/2011 8:32:01 AM
I'm with the "get your depression treated and then the girls will come" camp. That sounded like a double-entendre.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 63 (view)

Women and Drama
Posted: 11/30/2009 10:19:37 AM

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen...

Just last night I was called "stupid" and accused of being "inebriated" by the one now doing the whining. It's always interesting to me how those who hurl insults and use name calling as a replacement for facts get all upset when someone else calls them on their stuff.

Drama reigns supreme in the forums...

This particular post struck me as peculiar:

The Bible says that he fell "headlong" (prenes, 4248). A proper translation of this word is "leaning," or "(falling) forward." Such an adjective would not be used to describe someone falling from a rope.

You in error. Both Thayer's Greek Lexicon and Strong's translate PRENE as HEADLONG

1) headlong (Thayer's)

Strong's Greek Lexicon from ; leaning (falling) forward ("prone"), i.e. head foremost:-headlong.

I checked Acts 1:18 in 8 different English translations and they all translate it as HEADLONG. So , Mr. Elmenreich, what are YOUR credentials in Hebrew and Greek to make you such an authority on these two languages that you are qualified to contradict and challenge the hundreds of scholars who actually translated the New Testament?

Here, I translated "prene" as meaning "headlong," but you accused me of not translating it as "headlong"? If you weren't drunk when you wrote that, what's your excuse?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 78 (view)

Fort Hoodwink?
Posted: 11/30/2009 10:15:49 AM

If they way you interpret the Bible is how you interpret everything else, I personally wouldn't trust a word you say, because you don't use the same kind of logic I was taught to use in school.

You never learned deductive and inductive reasoning in school? What kind of "logic" did you learn?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 21 (view)

An Inconvient Dog Ate My Homework
Posted: 11/30/2009 10:13:08 AM

What you are saying is that there is no longer the raw data to support the conclusion. Correct?

No, that's not correct at all. One particular university in England that has some of the data still has all that data, but it threw away the raw, unsorted data used to create the current data that particular university has.

NF, it's not the absence of evidence, it's the ignoring of evidence, the refusal to use all of the evidence and then destroying the evidence of the bad, manipulated, agenda driven science.

There's no evidence of that at all. You're just suggesting that one particular university might have manipulated data based on a hunch.

Let me try this again for the slow team, Global Warming is not settled science.

It's settled that there is man-made global warming, but it's not settled to what extent that change is. Some scientists believe that there is going to be catastrophic global warming, and others believe that it will be milder.

But back to the meaning of the destroyed data and wandering into the sin post. Let's say a major book perhaps significant for inclusion in the Bible were found. So the discoverer entered the words in the MS office and simply discarded the source material. Does that make sense to anyone? you've founded a secular religion, global warming, and destroyed the source material saying you have baselined on the cherry picked stuff. make sense to you?

Basically, that's how the Bible was written. Various editors, authors and redactors threw away source material in favor of their own version of events. In fact, the Gospels are thought to have come from a written or oral source we call "Q," which was lost to time.

I've lived long enough to see this cycle play out before. In the 1970's the same people were describing end of the world because of a coming ice age. The temps had been falling since 1940 and quite dramatically. Note this temp falling was off an earlier temp rising (mentioned earlier as the first bump in the global warming .8C increase.

Again, that is the 30-year Pacific Ocean Cycle. From (roughly) 1940 to 1970, the Earth went through a natural cooling cycle. From 1970 to 2000, it went through a natural warming cycle. From 2000 to 2030, the Earth will be in a natural cooling cycle. The problem is that the Earth isn't cooling as much as it should during the cooling cycles, and it's warming more than it should during the warming cycles. Despite being in a cooling cycle during the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s, the Earth's temperature was still between 0.1 and 0.3 degrees ABOVE the baseline temperature. And even though we're in the middle of a cooling cycle right now, the first quarter of 2009 was the eighth-hottest on record.

Note also the amount of CO2, at least man releaed CO2 was infintessimal compared to today.

As I pointed out above, the Earth's ability to absorb CO2 is in balance with the natural production of CO2. Man's production of CO2 goes beyond this balance, and the Earth is not able to absorb all of the carbon dioxide man creates. I know this is difficult to understand, and no one would think you're stupid if you just said that you don't get it, but no scientist in the world has even thought of disproving this theory. The debate is over the extent of Global Warming, not if man is causing it. Man is, and the people who don't believe it simply lack the capacity to understand science.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2009 10:07:47 AM

There have been times in earth's history when there have been 10x's as much CO2 in the air and it was colder, there have been times when there has been less CO2 and it was warmer, i.e., CO2 is hardly a driver of temp or climate.

You lie! Here is a graph showing what CO2 levels were in the geological record, along with the temperatures. Show everyone where CO2 levels are 3800 PPM and "colder" than now:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Tb80zV4TFI0/Ro_AdHFBQ7I/AAAAAAAAAC0/Noh8U0nbJH8/s320/CO2-Temp.gif

It is theorized that CO2 levels were as high as 4000 or 6000 PPM during the pre-Cambrian Era, but that was when there was very little life on Earth.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 61 (view)

Women and Drama
Posted: 11/29/2009 10:46:25 PM
People on message boards have an incredible amount of drama. Citing case law becomes "spreading enemy propaganda." If someone disagrees with you, you're labeled a Nazi, communist, anti-American or worse. That's why I can't stay on internet fora for very long. After a day or two, I have more drama than if I went on a two-week vacation with my ex-wife.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 10:43:15 PM

Skooch, my comment was rhetorical, there is one molecule called CO2, there are not multiples of a molecule, lest they are something different. There is not a molecule of CO2 that acts one way, and a CO2 molecule that acts another.

Ummm.... Was anyone claiming that they do? The ocean and other natural sinks are able to absorb 40% of the CO2 that man emits, not because the other 60% is different, but because that is how much CO2 they are able to absorb.

And by the way, the ocean is the operant sink for CO2, absorbing when it is warm, and expelling when it is cold with a cycle that appears to be approx. 800 years. Additionally (more) CO2 is created in an abundance of life which on earth has been a byproduct of warmer rather than cooler climate.

The 800-year cycle doesn't account for the levels of CO2 we're seeing right now. CO2 levels are at 380 PPM, while the highest they've been in 500,000 years is 300 PPM.

Now I know libtards are life-hating, despising their own species, but in fact a warm earth has ushered in golden ages of life and biodiversity.

So now you're saying that man-made global warming is real, but that it's a GOOD thing?!?!?!?!

In one week, in two separate MSM news cycles, although they have done their best to suppress the stories, the news of a 11 year cooling of the earth since 1998, and a hacking and releasing of emails documenting the scientific fraud, dishonesty and self dealing this psuedo theory has spawned.

The cooling of the Earth is actually predicted by two phenomena: "global dimming," where particles in the atmosphere keep the Sun's rays from reaching the Earth, and Pacific Ocean Cycles. The latter, a 30-year cycle, is part of the climate model. Unfortunately for you, it doesn't account for the overall trend of global warming that has been taking place over the past 150 years.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 10:18:12 PM

Elm take a look at the vid's I referenced, I dare you, all PhD's, MIT, etc.

I watched it. It's laughable. There's no there there. All it does is say that politicians are afraid to say that global warming doesn't exist (this is usually because politicians went to college and don't fall for stupid videos like this). There are baseless claims of intimidation and a political agenda. Basically nothing is backed up with anything resembling a fact.

The funniest part is how the video quotes John Christy as saying that he doesn't think that humans are causing "catastrophic" climate change. Guess what? He DOES believe that global warming is caused by humans, but he just doesn't believe that change is catastrophic. On NPR, he said, "It is scientifically inconceivable that after changing forests into cities, turning millions of acres into irrigated farmland, putting massive quantities of soot and dust into the air, and putting extra greenhouse gases into the air, that the natural course of climate has not changed in some way." Basically, the film takes him out of context.

Another funny part is how they interview Nigel Lawson, who isn't a scientist, but a chairman of several investment companies (yeah, he sounds like a guy who'll be unbiased
). And Lawson doesn't even go on record as saying that there isn't man-made global warming; he simply says that the global warming that will take place over the next 100 years won't be catastrophic.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 9:00:18 PM
CO2 help me it's dangerous. Or is it? take a few minutes and research the amount of CO2 that is expelled into the atmosphere yearly. Then determine how much of that is manmade. Then determine the % of "greenhouse gases' (cough cough laugh laugh hahahahah what a moronic concept) CO2 constitutes, recalling that water vapor is a greenhouse gas.
You're missing an important point. The CO2 that is emitted by natural sources is completely absorbed by plants, while 60% of the CO2 emitted by man goes unabsorbed, and remains in the atmosphere. If only 0.3% (60% of 0.5%) of the CO2 emissions go unabsorbed, they add up over the years, contributing to CO2 levels of 380 PPM, which are considerably higher than any time in the past half million years, where they have remained between 160 PPM and 300 PPM.

Man emits about 32.3 giga-tons of CO2 per year (including through deforestation and agriculture), and only 40% of this is absorbed by natural carbon sinks. That leaves 17.4 giga-tons of CO2 being left in the atmosphere every year. I know this might be difficult to understand, with the math and everything, but if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 37 (view)

Why do men want to see revealing pics right away?
Posted: 11/29/2009 8:21:20 PM

Kind of like claiming to love all the sensual delights of good food, but then bolting down a great meal, just to eat and get it over with.

Maybe it's just because they haven't eaten in a while.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 727 (view)

Oct 5th entry in My Utmost for His Highest....defining sin
Posted: 11/29/2009 8:16:52 PM

And what qualifies YOU as an expert on the original language?
The ability to distinguish between lower-case letters and upper-case letters, something you lack.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 726 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 7:43:56 PM
Oh, I understand the concept. I believe it's not representative of the original language, and therefore moot.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 7:42:08 PM
Yeah, this is total hypocrisy. There's a plethora of data out there supporting global warming, but since one source destroyed some data, all the other data is unreliable? Jeez, all we know about Jesus and all that crap in the Bible was written 1900 to 2700 years ago by mostly unknown authors, but despite how little we know about those authors, people still buy that crap as truth.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 725 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 7:34:20 PM

I never said that "I Am" means the same thing no matter who is saying it. There is a Greek word and a Hebrew word and BOTH are properly translated "I Am". It's really very simple.

Ah, but Koine Greek has no capital letters, so the difference between "I Am" and "I am" is purely invented.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 76 (view)

Fort Hoodwink?
Posted: 11/29/2009 5:34:58 PM

I cannot say that I have read those holy texts cover to cover, so I will not make any assumption that any poster has done the same. I do presume is most posters here lack personal knowledge of Islam, and immigrant life.

I've read the Old and New Testaments, as well as the Koran; I lived in a Muslim country; and my son is the son of a first-generation immigrant - my ex-wife. And please don't judge this forum on the ignorance of its most prolific and omnipresent members. Oh, wait.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 724 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 5:27:16 PM

According to several Greek Interlinear New Testaments, the word translated I AM in both John 8:24 and John8:58 is EIMI (Strong's 1510) and means TO BE, TO EXIST.

Again, you are basing your argument on both words being translated to mean the same thing, rather than seeing the actual words themselves. They have completely separate meanings, and it's false logic to assume that they are synonymous.

<div class="quote">You tried to avoid the question and my challenge to prove your statement that Jesus only spoke Aramaic. And you certainly show your ignorance and your prejudice when you say "IF He existed" when there is OVERWHELMING HISTORICAL EVIDENCE that He did exist, from both those who believe He is who he said He is and from those who doubt. That Jesus walked the earth is an undeniable historical FACT.

Upper class Jews learned Hebrew as a literary and liturgical language. Many others, even those from the lower classes - like a carpenter, for example -- learned Hebrew so that they might be able to read and understand the Torah (the Mosaic Law) in its original language.

One text from the biblical gospels strongly suggests that Jesus had learned Hebrew as a second language. In Luke 4 Jesus went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, where he read a section from the prophet Isaiah (Luke 4:16-19). It is almost certain that this scroll was written in Hebrew, not Aramaic.

The only other passages from the gospels that might indicate Jesus' knowledge of Hebrew are those in which he debates theology with learned Jewish teachers (scribes and Pharisees). These debates generally occurred in Hebrew.

Scholars have shown that the region in which Jesus grew up was a multi-cultural and multi-lingual area. Several times throughout the New Testament gospels Jesus converses with someone who spoke Greek as a primary language, and who may not have known Aramaic. See, for example, Jesus' dialogue with the Roman centurion in Matthew 8:5-13.

This is what is known as a "strawman" argument, where you attribute to me a position I did not take. I never said that Jesus (if He existed) only spoke Aramaic,but take into context the statement, it wouldn't make sense for Him to be using Koine Greek or Hebrew. I mean, He was speaking to a crowd of people, Jews from all walks of life. As Aramaic was the language of common people at the time, He wouldn't be speaking Koine Greek. And since Hebrew was only a language of the educated, Jesus would be limiting His message by speaking a language many of them couldn't understand. It is within the realm of possibility that Jesus, if He not only existed, but did give that particular speech, that he spoke Hebrew, but that would be inconsistent of his message of religion for the common man.

<div class="quote">You tried to avoid the question and my challenge to prove your statement that Jesus only spoke Aramaic. And you certainly show your ignorance and your prejudice when you say "IF He existed" when there is OVERWHELMING HISTORICAL EVIDENCE that He did exist, from both those who believe He is who he said He is and from those who doubt. That Jesus walked the earth is an undeniable historical FACT.

No, it is merely your opinion that a man named Jesus walked the Earth. In fact, there is no evidence of His existence from the time that he was supposedly alive. Really, the evidence that Jesus existed is no stronger than the evidence that UFOs crashed into Roswell. Most of it is second-hand testimony from unreliable sources.

<div class="quote">You in error. Both Thayer's Greek Lexicon and Strong's translate PRENE as HEADLONG

1) headlong (Thayer's)

Strong's Greek Lexicon from ; leaning (falling) forward ("prone"), i.e. head foremost:-headlong.

I checked Acts 1:18 in 8 different English translations and they all translate it as HEADLONG. So , Mr. Elmenreich, what are YOUR credentials in Hebrew and Greek to make you such an authority on these two languages that you are qualified to contradict and challenge the hundreds of scholars who actually translated the New Testament?

There is no contradiction in the two accounts of Judas' death just because the details are spread over two verses. This is very typical of eyewitness accounts, where each witness relates different aspects of the incident as they tell it from their own perspective.

Isn't that what I wrote when I said, "The Bible says that he fell 'headlong' (prenes, 4248). A proper translation of this word is 'leaning,' or '(falling) forward.' Such an adjective would not be used to describe someone falling from a rope"?

I guess Hebrew and New Testament Greek aren't the only languages you have trouble understanding.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 2:56:00 PM
Why didn't you just post this in the already-existing Global Warming thread?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 49 (view)

Cap and Trade and Global Warming
Posted: 11/29/2009 2:52:25 PM

I've wondered about that too. If we're the cause of warming now, what accounts for the drastic warming and cooling that went on long before people affected anything? What about all the oxygen those blue-green algae first put into our atmosphere, way back when? That must have had some effect on other gases in the air, and on the amount of sunlight the earth absorbed.

Oh, there's no doubt that climate change is a natural phenomenon, but asking, "how come the Earth is getting warmer now when it got warmer before," is akin to asking, "how come animals go extinct now when they went extinct before humans started changing the environment." I think you're just asking a rhetorical question, hoping that if an answer is forthcoming, it can be used to discredit the theories of climate change that are almost universally accepted by the scientists who study these changes. I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen.

Over the short term (thousands and tens of thousands of years), climate change is controlled by Milankovitch cycles, in which the orbit of the Earth changes over long periods of time. Over the long term (millions of years), continental drift is also an issue. Right now, there are major land masses over the poles - Antarctica, Greenland and the northern parts of various continents - and this causes the cycle of Ice Ages that Earth has been going through. Over the very long term (billions of years), movement of the Sun through the galaxy and the increasing size of the Sun affect the temperature of the Earth. Really, none of this accounts for the climate change we've seen over the past hundred years, while climatic models of greenhouse gas emissions, deforestation and global dimming do.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 723 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 2:23:50 PM

Judas hung himself in the potters field (Matthew 27:5) and then after his body decayed and bloated, evidently the rope broke and he burst into pieces on the land of the potters field (Acts 1:18-19).

The passage in Acts presumes Judas' hanging, as a man falling down in a field does not result in his body bursting open. Only decomposition and a fall from a height could cause a body to burst open. He hung himself, he decomposed from the place where he was hung, the rope broke, he hit the ground and the body burst open. Matthew tells the beginning of the death of Judas and Acts tells the end result. Together they tell the whole story of his suicide. They are not in contradiction.

When Judas threw the thirty pieces of silver down, the priests took the money and used it to buy the potter’s field (Matthew 27:7), not knowing that Judas was going to hang himself there. Judas may not have purchased the field himself, but it was the money Judas received for betraying Jesus that purchased the field. (As prophesied in Zechariah 11:12-13)

That makes no sense, and obviously you have improper knowledge of New Testament Greek. The Bible says that he fell "headlong" (prenes, 4248). A proper translation of this word is "leaning," or "(falling) forward." Such an adjective would not be used to describe someone falling from a rope.

Prove it! There is no evidence that he did NOT speak Hebrew or Greek. You are making an assumption.

This only further shows that your association of the words "hayah" and "eispedao" is faulty, and borne of an ignorance of Near Eastern languages.

PS>. How was camp?

Sorry, I don't have time to post here 40 to 50 hours a week, the way some members here do. I generally think that spending so much time on a message board is a pathetic substitute for a social life. I have a job, friends and a four-year-old son. In short, I have a life. Jealous?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 722 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 2:06:07 PM
The Jews understood what Jesus was saying when He said, "before Abraham was, I AM." They understood that He was claiming to Be The I AM of Exodus, because they picked up stones to kill him for blasphemy and for claiming to be God. And it would have ben blasphemy and a sin if it were not true,

This is a false conclusion, based on inadequate knowledge of the Bible. Exodus 3:14 reads, "hayah asher hayah," where "hayah," (He, 1961) is translated as "I am." In John 8:58, "eispedao" (Gr, 1530) is translated as "I am." The two words are nowhere near synonymous, as "hayah" means "to exist," "to become," or "to come to pass," and "eipedao" means, "from," or "to spring in," or "to run in."

Further, Jesus (if He existed) would have spoken neither word, as He spoke Aramaic, not Hebrew or New Testament Greek.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 721 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 1:50:57 PM

Jack, the way I see it is if I am going to believe that the Bible is a compilation of writings that were inspiried by God, then if I see something that seems to be a conflict or error, I have to determine either my understanding and deductive reasoning is wrong or the Bible isn't inspired. There's no middle ground here. It's an either/or scenario.

Then answer this one:

Matthew 27:5-8 says, "So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. The chief priests picked up the coins and said, ‘It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money.’ So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day."

Acts 1:18-19 says, "With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this, so they called that field in their language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood."

Obviously, these two statements are in direct conflict, so therefore the Bible isn't divinely inspired, according to your logic.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 72 (view)

Fort Hoodwink?
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:17:17 AM

You're saying what we need is a "political" ally against Iran.

Yes, Russia is Iran's primary trading partner, and it has been for decades. Ideally, we want to avoid a military conflict with Iran over nuclear weapons, and the best way to do this is to use Iran's major trading partners. If Russia and China refused to buy oil from Iran as long as Iran kept making nuclear weapons (which could threaten Russia and China as well), Iran would have to either stop its nuclear program or face major economic turmoil. I know this might be a little hard for you to understand, but America doesn't have to blow up every country in the world.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 150 (view)

Health care
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:14:22 AM
Country music and redneckery usually go hand-in-hand. I was just asking.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 106 (view)

vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:12:58 AM

I totally agree with you I have three children who are autistic. Was it imunizations with mercury? We don't know. I do have my suspisions. I have four children one of them did not receive imunizations the way they are normally adminisered I spread them out. She is fine the rest received imunizations clunped together how the doctors do it now a days. I have been contacted by many lawyers to pursue a law suit. but, It entittles my children to undergo many tests. It's too late I don't want my children to go through all the stress the testing entittles. If it were to make my children normal again I would do it in a heart beat but not for money. It's not worth it. My kids are doing very well I work very hard with my children and every day I see progress. I'ts great! By the grace of God this is all possible.

Don't make your kids go through those tests. Most of those class-action lawsuits are scams to get parents of autistic kids to waste money on tests that prove nothing. I'm the father of an autistic boy, so I know how hard it is, but you have to know that immunizations have nothing to do with it. Kids who don't get immunized become autistic at the same rate as kids who do get immunized. Thimerosol, which supposedly caused the autism, is still being used around the world, and the rates of autism in countries that use thimerosol are virtually identical to the rates in America.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 14 (view)

adjuvented or non-adjuvented
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:09:06 AM

no virus disease are actually curable by a drug.

Wrong! Smallpox was completely eradicated by the use of drugs.

Show ALL Forums