Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: MADLY in Love? Anyone remember that?
 classy_lady99
Msg: 20 (view)

MADLY in Love? Anyone remember that?
Posted: 10/29/2008 12:37:34 PM
Yes to be madly in love again or in love period would be great! As the story goes mr not madly in love and i stayed together a couple more years and the bs continued. So now I'm sick and tired of the mind games.

I'm going out looking to be madly in love again! Anyone care to join me?
 classy_lady99
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 10/29/2008 12:32:31 PM
Yes to be madly in love again or in love period would be great! As the story goes mr not madly in love and i stayed together a couple more years and the bs continued. So now I'm sick and tired of the mind games.

I'm going out looking to be madly in love again! Anyone care to join me?
 classy_lady99
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2007 10:35:18 AM
My boyfriend and I have had this discussion more than once. He thinks that you have to be madly in love with someone all of the time in order for it to be forever. He has never had a long term relationship.

I on the other hand told him I think the madly in love phase comes and goes after you have been with someone for a very long time. You can't state in that mad phase 24 - 7 because you'd never get any work done.

As long as you love each other, which is the other form of love, the madly in love type can happen over and over again over the years as relationship weathers the storm of day to day life.

So don't set your expectations too high or unrealistic about being "mad"
 classy_lady99
Msg: 48 (view)

The Truth about Men and Sex?
Posted: 10/14/2007 9:03:40 PM
Men like the chase the most.

I think it's too bad that most men have trouble KEEPING IT UP once the chase is over!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 17 (view)

Why do men stare at other women overtly, even when with a beautiful woman?
Posted: 10/14/2007 8:52:03 PM
At your age you still have to ask why! Give it up - everybody knows it's cuz they are stupid.

One option might be for you to make mention of another hot guy you just spotted and show him just how it feels, simply get used to it or like the last response - Tell him that since he thinks she's so hot he should go after her and then call a cab for yourself and let him go home alone.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 14 (view)

7 years
Posted: 10/14/2007 8:42:11 PM
Don't worry so much! By the way you are definately HOT!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 35 (view)

how to get over the love of your life?
Posted: 10/10/2007 5:55:04 AM
Try to just remember the times that he was a miserable jerk and that should help. Also get out and meet new guys. You never know the next one might just help you forget him.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 12 (view)

Trust!!! Is it a farce??
Posted: 10/10/2007 5:15:02 AM
Personally I think she just said it to add a bit of pain to the break-up. As far as trust goes though I've given up on trusting pretty much everyone now. I don't think most people can even trust themselves not alone someone else.
 classy_lady99

Do you think a 20 year old dating a 17 year old is wrong?
Posted: 10/10/2007 5:06:28 AM
I don't think a 20 year old dating a 17 year old is unusual. As a matter of fact it wasn't all that long ago that 17 year olds were even marrying men a few years older. Unless of course she's not at the age of consent in your jurisdiction.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 74 (view)

WHY ARE PEOPLE AFRAID TO FALL IN LOVE NOWADAYS???
Posted: 10/9/2007 8:07:48 PM
How would you like to be the one who has been "seeing a guy for over a year" and just hearing now that he has never been in love including with you?

I'm not so sure everyone knows what love is. Yes he told me he loves spending time with me cuz we have a lot of fun together but he's holding out waiting for "it" to happen.

All I can say is tears are streaming down my face right now and I'm sorry for people who don't care to love or even know what it means to love someone.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 40 (view)

how long should you wait on a guy?
Posted: 9/18/2007 9:56:35 PM
Don't wait for guys that are not available either emotionally or physically.

Carry on with your life and eventually some guy will notice that you actually have a life. When a guy sees that you have a life he will want to become a part of it by sticking as close to you as possible.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 36 (view)

WTF am I supposed to do now?
Posted: 9/18/2007 8:56:26 PM
All of this after a mere 6 weeks! My experience is that some guys like to talk about future plans but talk is all it is!

I would bet that he just woke up and ran away!

Personally I can't blame him.

To put my mind at ease though, I would go to see if he is ok.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 17 (view)

What do you think?
Posted: 9/18/2007 8:32:08 PM
I'd say he might have a current lover and by meeting you with a crowd nobody would know he was the one there just to see you.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 67 (view)

WHY ARE PEOPLE AFRAID TO FALL IN LOVE NOWADAYS???
Posted: 9/18/2007 4:44:06 PM
People are afraid of falling in love because if they are old enough they've already been hurt at least once. Hanging out is a great way to start and then suddenly love just happens without having our permission.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 141 (view)

Saw My Wedding ring On My X Husbands New Girlfriend!
Posted: 9/18/2007 4:39:23 PM
I'd go direct to the cheapskate and tell him you want cash for the ring that his honey is wearing so that you can replace it with one that you'll actually enjoy wearing! Then if he declines ask him if you should ask her for the cash.

My bet is he'll pay you plenty for that ring and maybe learn a lesson too from it!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 7 (view)

independence vs. needy
Posted: 9/18/2007 4:20:23 PM
It's a matter of give & take!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 58 (view)

Separate Bedrooms....?
Posted: 9/17/2007 1:35:02 PM
I snore and my partner can't get any sleep so separate bedrooms is a must! It's not my choice but I have yet to meet a man who can sleep through the noise!

Guys love me but they do have a need for sleep!

By the way I was married for 22 years and had to stay in separate rooms.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 35 (view)

between a dating site and the bars wich way of meeting people do u prefer??
Posted: 9/17/2007 1:21:56 PM
I have met a lot of the same men both in bars and on this site so I don't see a difference.

People that want to meet people will be out and about to do just that!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 777 (view)

Cheating- can you forgive?
Posted: 9/8/2007 4:10:29 PM
You're only 23! If you want a life full of misery, contracting a disease, wondering where in the world or better yet who in the world he is with all of the time then you should forgive him!

There are lot's of men out there so move on and meet one!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 2 (view)

what keeps you interested?
Posted: 9/8/2007 4:00:05 PM
The trick is to never never never appear too interested or needy or you'll chase them away just as quick as you met them!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 2 (view)

Going from friend to more
Posted: 9/3/2007 11:05:32 PM
Go out with him!

He knows you are hesitant and will probably know it will be casual unless things move forward.

Don't let fears stop you from living your life!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 69 (view)

Will my married lover ever leave his wife?
Posted: 7/15/2007 10:09:10 PM
You never cared that he was married in the first place so why should you care now?

The answer is no - he won't leave his wife unless he falls in love with someone.

Apparently that someone isn't you or there would be no question.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 37 (view)

Do women really like men?
Posted: 7/4/2007 10:34:07 PM
It depends on the man and how they seem to be at that particular time.

Somedays I don't like men or women.

Some days I don't understand men but then when I ask other guys they don't understand it either so at least I know I"m not the only one clued out.

Some guys admit that they just don't get it unless another woman spells it out for them. Yes they have been in the cave too long!

Some men admit "it's because guys are stupid"!

So do I like men? Hmmmmmmmmmmm!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 29 (view)

checking out other girls
Posted: 7/4/2007 10:15:13 PM
You might want to say to him - Hey how interesting you seem to like other girls, because I have been noticing how much other guys are interested in me too!

Then tell him if he's interested in one of those chicks just say the word because one of those guys actually intrigues you.

Then sit back and watch what happens. My bet is he becomes extremely insecure and almost moves in with you to make sure no other man is moving into his territory!

That's what hapenned to me and now he never leaves.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 89 (view)

how to detect liars.........???
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:59:53 PM
Just ask me if I dated him? Then you'll be sure he's a liar.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 43 (view)

Hurt and Confused!!!!
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:16:45 AM
I have been told to tell them you want a man who knows what he wants and not to sit back and bite your tongue waiting.

Once you tell them you have the upper hand and they will respect that. Anyway reading what you wrote just reminds me more and more when he comes around thinking "we're still friends" that I will let him know that I have someone who is emotionally available and who doesn't want to be just friends either.

That just might make him wake up!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 42 (view)

Hurt and Confused!!!!
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:03:27 AM
I don't know what to say except if I were you, I'd forget him. Yes as hard as it seems it is probably for the best. Regardless of what his reasons are you deserve someone who is so into you that nothing would stop him. He is emotionally unavailable and that is as bad as someone who is married to someone else.

Once someone goes to that state of being emotionally unavailable it is impossible to pry them out.

Find someone new, have fun, but just do not sit around waiting because this waiting could be for life. He isn't worth that much! Trust me someone who is emotionally available is what you need and you should tell him that you want a man who knows what he wants! That might be enough to get him calling you to come back tomorrow. If not nothing ventured, nothing gained & go out and live your life with or without him!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 8 (view)

awkward times when dating almost 2 years
Posted: 7/2/2007 1:53:17 AM
I've been known to be a half an hour late often. My partner would get angry sometimes but I do remember waiting hours for him to show up for dinner and I never had a fit about it. Perhaps I should have reminded him when he was angry at me for being a half an hour late the last time.

I would simply say I'm easy and could just as easily postpone dinner until he had finished his day.

But I guess what some people are willing to do is not what the other might be.

As far as your problem goes, hopefully you two will settle your differences until everything is settled and you can get back to routine!

Good Luck!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 40 (view)

Laughing during sex
Posted: 7/2/2007 1:14:21 AM
Funny thing but I had made my latest 2 bf's laugh when sex was initiated. I'd ask what the heck was so funny and the response was you kill me and they'd laugh non stop. Now I don't think it was bad because they didn't stop seeing me for sometime later.

I think some of us are just gifted at making other ppl laugh.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 18 (view)

I would like advice on something please.....
Posted: 7/2/2007 1:01:18 AM
It sounds like a post I'd ask advice on. Very similar thing happened to me just recently. Dated a guy a year and had formed into a relationship. We were always there for each other. I needed a car he gave me his, he needed a loan I gave him the cash until payday if I had it. We spent several days a week together.

Then after a couple of minor arguments he decided that I was just coming out of a marriage of many years and shouldn't want to be tied down so soon with him. He wasn't sure if this was going to be his last relationship to last a lifetime also so he decided we should date other people and still see each other as a couple would do. I told him dating others would be ok with me but that didn't mean sex with other people would be ok with me. He agreed but said if it were to happen he would use protection. I never commented on it any further.

The next weekend came around and he didn't so I went out with a friend of mine and I met a very good quality man! Weekday rolls around and he invites me over twice in 3 days. On the second visit he acts like a jackass which started a slight altercation which somehow lead to a discussion. I told him I met someone. That was all I had to say for him to decide that he wasn't going to even kiss me goodbye and that I had to make a decision. The next day I had to see him to collect something that I had left there. I again asked him for a kiss goodbye and he told me he was pursuing other interests. I asked him so what else is new and how had this changed anything. He just chuckled.

I have come to the conclusion that these people either want you to express your undying love for them and ask for a commitment or that it's ok for them to have other partners but heaven forbid you should.

What do all of you other people think? This must have hapenned to quite a few of you and how did it turn out for you?
 classy_lady99
Msg: 19 (view)

Separated for how long?
Posted: 7/2/2007 12:21:13 AM
What is with this tooney a week for 7 years? I've already spent over $12,000 and am nowhere near finalizing my divorce. I'm sure he has spent more than me too because he is the one always getting court motions.

It takes 2 to agree on the divorce settlement and without that you cannot get divorced. I know 2 couples that took more than 10 years of separation before they were even near getting divorced here. Now if you say you are still living with your ex but consider yourself separated I would not agree. Separated means done with papers served with the intent of divorce living in separate premises and not even considering reconcilliation.

So how many years or decades should one have to be celibate for? All of you who have never experienced it or experienced it where I live should be thankfull you haven't. If you haven't experienced it too you have no knowlege to comment on it either.

Oh and by the way a lot of people I date are past the age of worrying if they are going to get married. Most of them have either been there or see how difficult it is to get divorced that they are absolutely no way going to go I do I do!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 119 (view)

can you trust some one once they cheat?
Posted: 7/1/2007 7:20:29 PM
It's easier to find someone new to trust than to go back and trust the cheater.

I myself don't take them back but know people who have done it only to have driven themselves crazy wondering what the other one is up to most of the time.

So living by example I don't take cheaters back!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 38 (view)

what does it mean to you: taking it slowly
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:56:35 PM
I think it means they are not all that interested and would jump immediately for the one they truly wanted.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 18 (view)

When you start to fall for someone
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:40:22 PM
I too was married a long time and now have been in 2 relationships. The first one that ended was the worst. The second time I guess I came to expect it eventually so it was a lot easier.

You will get better at it each time.

Good luck & ya I don't think I'll ever let my guard down absolutely completely ever again!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 6 (view)

women who snore
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:34:14 PM
I've been told that I sound like trains whistling throughout the house and haven't been left because of that. Some of the time though I find I am all alone in the morning though as they've moved to the sofa.

Try sleeping on your stomach as this would quiet me down at least for a while until my partner could fall back to sleep.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 49 (view)

Momma's Boy?
Posted: 7/1/2007 2:05:50 PM
I can't believe it took you that long to figure out he was a mama's boy.

They seem to come in all forms and some are good, while others are not so good!

I can't say they are a big turn on for me! I need a man who can take care of himself and me too at the same time when I am tired of taking care of me.

Best of luck in figuring out how to spot them.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 28 (view)

Is it harder for men to resist temptation?
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:30:04 PM
Out of the many men and women I know men win the prize in this category!

Even with the relationships that I have been in the men were the ones who openly initiated the cheating. One even told me we should see each other and "date" other people. We discussed this theory at length and agreed. It was OK with him until I told him I met someone. All of a sudden I was told he had given up so much for me and now I had to choose. The next day he told me we weren't seeing each other any more and that he was pursuing other interests.

I give up! I just can't win!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 24 (view)

I need a witty retort!!!
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:18:27 PM
It takes all kinds! So what difference does it make?

You two don't even know each other and it's such a big deal to you? I can't even figure out what people who mean something to me are trying to say!

Suck it up!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 129 (view)

Is meeting more than one on the same day acceptable behavior?
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:12:18 PM
Have more than one coffee date in a day? Why not?

I once met two men for coffee on the same day. Neither one of them turned out to be what I would consider a great match but I wasn't expecting them to be either. I did however date one of them casually for about a month and we still keep in contact as friends.

If however I was to meet one that I thought would be the man of my dreams I would meet only him and expect to spend a much longer time with my date getting to know each other better.

So then for me it would depend on what my date expectations are!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 15 (view)

I told someone that I was crazy about him....
Posted: 6/21/2007 7:27:15 PM
I'd call him up if I were you and tell him when you said you were crazy for him you meant I must be just plain crazy! Maybe the humor will let it all blow over! If not like they say nothing ventured nothing gained.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 16 (view)

Why is being with an attractive girl in a picture a bad thing?
Posted: 6/20/2007 11:44:41 AM
It doesn't bother me one bit! But that's me.

I know my friend who also is searching really finds it to be a turn off if he's with a girl, showing his kids off or is wearing a suit and tie.

However between my friend and myself I'd be the more stable pick of the two as I tend to have healthier and longer relationships. I am extremely trusting and not the jealous type. She would be the type to move into your house the first week you meet. So all said perhaps leaving the girl in the pic with attract the better catch!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 117 (view)

Does True love Exist?
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:25:23 PM
Most people don't know what true love is and therefore will never experience it!

They think if they're not madly in love it's not worth the effort. Madly in love lasts what about 2 weeks! LOL

But it's not laughing matter that we as a society put me first and have forgetten how to love!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 61 (view)

why do younger guys tend to like older women?
Posted: 6/18/2007 11:49:20 PM
With the younger men I have dated it's for several reasons. The conversation, the energy level, the availability, the indepence, the life experience, the number of mature women, and mature women don't need instruction manuals. I have been told by men that younger have been there to trap them into support sometimes even by pregnancy or they are just too much about themselves.

I don't know but in my local it seems 90% of the newer relationships with women past forty are with men 5 t0 15 years their junior so it's definately for more than just sex!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 9 (view)

Who cheats more, men or women?
Posted: 6/17/2007 12:01:10 PM
Sorry to say I think men win this contest! Over the years I have met thousands of people and it is apparent that men seem to be the ones looking for greener pastures. Men have told me they like variety or adventure.

Yes I have known a few women that cheated but they were either drunk, cheated on first, really felt unloved or all three.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 28 (view)

Should a 100 pounds/5 feet woman
Posted: 6/13/2007 12:36:40 AM
I'm only 5ft, 108lbs and I've dated guys between 6'2 to 6'4.

I haven't been crushed yet!
 classy_lady99

Time Line For Marriage
Posted: 6/12/2007 6:58:29 PM
If she really wishes to get married you should let her go to find someone who will marry her.

If you are not ready after 5 years you never will be so do the honorable thing for her and set her free to find someone who really wants her.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 65 (view)

Separated or Single
Posted: 6/12/2007 6:51:31 PM
I think it depends if they are actually trying to get divorced and it is absolutely final except for the money. If one of the parties wants to be difficult a divorce can cost over $50,000 and over 10 years where I come from.

So far mine has cost $14,000 and will cost at least another $40,000 perhaps $60,000 if the ex gets his way. Yes I wish very much that I was divorced but it only takes one to be absolutely ridiculous and it just might never happen. Gee I still haven't even got my child support money yet. I don't know if I'll ever be able to give the lawyers, courts and ex enough money to make any of them happy in my lifetime.

I think the people that call themselves separated and haven't even moved out yet or filed for legal separation are the ones that are spoiling it for the honest and good ones. I have no problem dating someonw who is truly separated.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 38 (view)

In love with a married man
Posted: 6/12/2007 3:51:34 PM
Remember once a cheater - always a cheater. If he can cheat on his wife he can cheat on you too!

By the way was this man ever separated? From what you indicated he was thinking about it but never was. There is a difference.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 7 (view)

Sex gets better?
Posted: 6/11/2007 11:26:13 PM
I am not a man but I was in relationsnips and of course it does.

You know your partner a lot better so you are able to please better too!
 classy_lady99
Msg: 201 (view)

Would You Help An Ex In Need?
Posted: 6/11/2007 11:21:31 PM
My ex would not pick me up off of a floor even if I was almost dead!

I suppose after 23 years it is a just reward!

Show ALL Forums