Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: I'm used to being ignored but...
 wills315
Msg: 7 (view)

I'm used to being ignored but...
Posted: 4/20/2015 11:50:06 AM
Can you belive it!! ,no messages for ages (as in Months) then a lovely message from a lady not to far away who does not have a picture on (no problem at all with that)but as i also do not have a picture on and she has on her profile "picture required to contact etc"i am unable to get a reply to her as i get blocked so no doubt she will be thinking what a total so and so i am ,I really would have liked to get in touch but there you are ! any ideas anyone ?Only hope is she will read this on the forums and knock off her filter so i can contact her ....I know it's to much to hope for isn't it,Boo Hoo.
 wills315
Msg: 90 (view)

Ever think someone is out of your league and not messaged them?
Posted: 7/27/2012 5:38:38 PM
Got to say i tend to think a lot of the Women on here are to "up market" for me so don't bother messageing them,even at the first meet i went to at Beverley did speak to a really nice lady but just felt she was a bit out of my leauge so that was that .....oh well just have to stick to the Forums, less rejection and embarresment on here ..lol
 wills315
Msg: 5 (view)

SMILE .... you are at work!
Posted: 7/11/2012 10:31:17 AM
Ummmm...... well i've learnt over the years it doesn't pay to come across as to much of a Smiley/Happy/type 'cause people tend to head for the one who looks as if they might be of a overly helpful disposition and heap their troubles /requests etc on the afore mentioned souls already overburdend shoulders ,hence far better to be a miserable looking old git with a withering stare of "Don't even think about it" if you want any chance of a reasonably manageable day,mind you if any potentional "Can you help me "types are Female ,Tasty and in their early to mid 50,s ...well then thats maybe a different story ....even i can mellow at times .
 wills315
Msg: 34 (view)

What words should be banned from profiles?
Posted: 6/6/2012 12:17:09 PM
For me it's :
1 Looking for a" Generous" man ie "Get your hand in your pocket squire your paying"
2 " Must be able to make me laugh "so what ....are you expected to turn up in a clowns site with a red nose and a water pistol?
3"Must know how to treat a lady"...tends to couple up with number one in my book.
As i don't have aDVD or Video i won't even go there as that kicks that one into touch for a start.
Dont think i will say anymore as it could the the impression of one one who has become a tad somewhat cynical.lol
 wills315
Msg: 33 (view)

How long before you leave or stop looking?
Posted: 6/6/2012 11:59:17 AM
Personally i tend not to bother with messageing to try and get a date on here any more and just like to use it for the Forums ,although that isn't to say i dont "View "the lovely ladies on here from time to time,it's just that i really can't be bothered that much with all the hassel of of trying to get a date so i don't think i shall be leaving here for some time to come as i really do like to read the "Posts"related to all the various different Topics raised and long may the site last !!
 wills315
Msg: 2 (view)

Karaoke and social evening
Posted: 6/4/2012 11:43:14 AM
Sounds like a really nice plce for a good evening's entertainment pity i live in Yorkshire !!could do with something like that here.... got a good coastline and thats about it !!
 wills315
Msg: 6 (view)

What are you up to this evening ?
Posted: 6/4/2012 11:23:12 AM
Just finnished a Chicken Tikka curry followed by a slice of Rhubarb pie and a bottle of Red Wine and will maybe watch a bit of the Concert on TV later and thats about as good as it here( Emmylou Harris on the CD at the moment )
so nothing brill at all ...but hey thats life in the slow lane !!
 wills315
Msg: 7 (view)

Sounds fussy?
Posted: 5/25/2012 4:31:49 PM
For me it's that sort of an in between whistling /blowing /tuneless sound that some people seem to do especially in supermarkets i've noticed ,well in their heads it probably sounds really good but it irritates the hell out of me so if you are one of those would you please stop it 'cause it's bloody annoying !!!
 wills315
Msg: 53 (view)

Who do you sit next to on the bus/train?
Posted: 5/25/2012 4:16:03 PM
Well seeing as i don't really like people full stop and consider myself to be somewhat anti-social ,i avoid all forms of Public Transport whenever possible ,Whineing kids ...Obnoxious tennagers etc really don't sit well with me at all(mind you i do work in education so you can seee where i am coming from) so for me it's the car every time,and certainly don't do"Car Share".
 wills315
Msg: 8 (view)

What piece of equipment upsets you most when it goes wrong?
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:12:35 AM
Without a doubt it's got to be the TV remote....just simply go to pieces without it ...
 wills315
Msg: 128 (view)

When are we too old for clubbing.....
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:10:33 AM
Last time i went "Clubbin"was 1967 at the school dance ,the Seekers were on for the last dance "The carnival is over "got turned down by a girl named Angela and never got over it ......the carnival was over for me all right and that was it !!!
 wills315
Msg: 1 (view)

What have you done that you knew was bad for you ?
Posted: 4/4/2012 10:34:19 AM
I have just polished of a Pizza ,a bottle of Red wine and Two portions of Vienetta ice cream totally way over the calorie limit but what the heck ,some of the other things i've done are way to naughty for the likes of the tenda folks on here so have kept it as mild as i can .
 wills315
Msg: 10 (view)

THE DAY OF THE WASP!! RUNNNN!!!!
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:23:24 PM
I don't like em either ,like spidder's though, just for info if you start to swipe at a wasp and generally irritate the thing, they give out a sort of distress scent which other wasps can pick up on and come to the aid of said upset wasp which is why you may suddenly be confronted by more wasps hell bent on giving you a good seeing to ...verymad:

well anyway thats what i read somewhere :
 wills315
Msg: 29 (view)

The one that got away?
Posted: 2/28/2012 3:38:44 PM
The one that got away for me was in Primary School and was my partnerfor the" Gay Gordons"her name was Judith ,she went on to Grammer sSchool (i didn't) never got over the loss and still sinlge!!...not sure if i should move on or wait abit longer ....

Show ALL Forums