Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: HOME COOKED MEALS AND MOVIES FOR A FIRST DATE?
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 8 (view)

HOME COOKED MEALS AND MOVIES FOR A FIRST DATE?
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:19:27 PM
Why would anyone voice an opinion if it isnt what the OP requested?????? lets not get off the topic.. You are correct everyone has the right to voice an opinion so why not find a thread that bares a topic you are actually voicing an opinion for
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 9/4/2007 7:18:08 PM
Of course any input is welcome. The reason I capitalized certain things was.. everyone seemed to be giving dating advice.. Which is not why I posted the thread. I was truly hoping and still am for the result intended.

What goes thru peoples (for the sake of some ridiculous gender bashing thing ill say people)minds male or female when they advertise and or suggest that the perfect first date is one that includes renting a moving and having a meal whether it be home cooked or take out at either person's home?

It was actually for a class im taking.. I have yet to get an actual person who actually uses this to answer.....

Kudos to all that are safe.. and I agree with the last poster what happened to actual courtships!!!!!!!!!! Isnt that what "dating" is really all about?
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 9/4/2007 1:48:19 PM
Ok maybe i should close this thread... NOT ONE PERSON ACTUALLY READ MY QUESTIONS OR THE INTENT OF THIS THREAD CORRECTLY APPARENTLY.. I do appreciate the time and efforts of all posters.

I WAS ASKING SPECIFIC QUESTIONS TO A SPECIFIC GROUP AND NONE OF THEM REPLIED. I WANTED TO KNOW THAT THAT GROUP WAS THINKING
It was just a curiousity was killing me post...

NOT ADVICE ON DATING! As I stated I have been dating for many years of dating sights..
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 9/3/2007 6:16:23 PM
thank you all for your insight.. I agree with ALL of your points and practice safe dating all the time myself..

My original point was to really hear from Men who actually put that in their profiles... I was just curious as to what they were thinking...

Happy Dating! :)
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 9/3/2007 3:25:19 PM
Im just curious to have male feed back on this topic.. I have dated for a few years off sights such as this one and after reading many profiles I am curious to why men think a woman would welcome a stranger into her home or meet them on their turf so to speak in their home to have watch a movie and cook a meal together and/or order take out? I would also like to know why when a woman says NO to this suggestion why is it a rejection or a sign of disrespect to a man? I have had numerous men not want to meet me after I said NO to the above.

Do men truly not realize tht it is a safety thing for women? Should it not also be for a man? Im sure Jack the Ripper would have had many more victims if the internet was around back then.

Just for once gentlemen please think of your daughters, sisters, mothers would you want them to have that kind security breach so to speak in their own lives ? would you want them to put themselves at the mercy of someone who may not on the up and up as he would allude on line?

All and all isnt it safer for all of us to meet on neutral ground in a public place?
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 201 (view)

Want a man's opinion of your profile?
Posted: 4/1/2007 9:36:07 PM
Lay it on me .. Id like your opinion!
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 393 (view)

helppppppppppppppppppp
Posted: 4/1/2007 9:33:03 PM
would love a females take on my profile :)
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 986 (view)

Want an honest review?
Posted: 3/13/2007 3:58:36 PM
please review mine
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 985 (view)

Want an honest review?
Posted: 3/13/2007 3:29:16 PM
please review my profile
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 110 (view)

men in uniforms
Posted: 3/13/2007 12:03:46 PM
BDUs/CAMIs ARE SEXY AS HELL!! PROBABLY BECAUSE I AM SO PROUD OF OUR MILITARY BOTH MEN AND WOMEN (ALTHOUGH IM NOT INTO THE WOMEN)
 jrsygrlinva69
Msg: 22 (view)

August 26th Virginia Beach meetup.
Posted: 8/17/2006 2:26:58 PM
thanks but no thanks on that place.. Make sure you all get there very early it is not your typical kareoke bar there are hords of folks if you arent there before the kj you will never get your songs in :) ... It is a very clicky bar :) .... But have a great time!

Show ALL Forums