Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Profile Review - Brutal honesty requested!
 Lance____
Msg: 11 (view)

Profile Review - Brutal honesty requested!
Posted: 9/13/2017 6:40:47 PM
Thanks! I definitely feel better about it now. So it's only been up that way for about a day now and I am already getting replies from people that I have sent messages... Well, two, but not being ignored is very nice! (Two in one day is good for me.)

Regards,

Lance
 Lance____
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2017 7:23:37 PM
Thanks Flyover_boy,

Definitely I am guilty as charged of being liberal. I hid this for now, but it might reemerge. I am not really interested in conservative women. I often feel out of place in Ohio. Perhaps I need to find women from other places who have moved here... They are definitely the ones that I relate to the most. I suppose these types of women are my target audience?

The travel vibe was a mistake on my part. Thanks for pointing it out. I have actually lived in Dayton for a long time now. Those were the places that I have lived over my whole life. I have changed that part up a bit.

The "Have Spacesuit..." thing is actually a title of a Sci-fi book by Heinlein. Shows my nerdiness, but most will miss this. Those that don't will hopefully appreciate?

Your comments still require more thought on my part. Perhaps more changes to come...

Thanks for the review,

Lance
 Lance____
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2017 7:12:40 PM
Hi Mark_It_Up,

I am definitely guilty of making it sound like a technical manual. The curse of my day job! So I restructured it to sound more like an essay. Hopefully more personal?

Also got rid of the negativities, I hope. Makes sense, now that I think of it.

Thanks for the review,

Lance
 Lance____
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2017 7:08:44 PM
I appreciate your for the comments. I have made a bunch of changes now. Lots of restructuring and fiddling. Hopefully better?

I think I have made changes to each item you mentioned except the username because I don't know how to change it. Also, if I do, does it delete my messages and such?

Many thanks!

Lance
 Lance____
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 9/10/2017 6:39:07 PM
One more thing. I am pretty new to POF. I signed up for another site before POF. Was getting no responses there either. The user base on POF does seem better than the last one for Dayton OH. I basically took my profile from that and tweaked it some more. So it's about a month old.
 Lance____
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 9/10/2017 6:06:36 PM
OK. So I seem to be having bad profile problems. I did my best to make my profile, have tweaked it a few times now. Even got a haircut and had my daughter take pictures of me. I am sending out messages. I don't think I am saying anything creepy. I typically try to personalize my messages. So far no responses - only the crickets chirping... Though I have noticed that at least the women are taking the time to view me after I send out a message.

Can someone take a look? Criticism very welcome!!

I don't know how to post a link to my profile. Hopefully it is easy to get to through my user name??

Thanks,

Lance

Show ALL Forums