Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Can't change age range search
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 1 (view)

Can't change age range search
Posted: 12/10/2016 3:26:20 AM
My age ranch search is stuck at 27-41 and whether I try changing it on the app or desktop nothing seems to fix it. I've tried contacting customer service but got a response that they can't reply to all emails.
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 10 (view)

Man-shy
Posted: 11/15/2009 3:22:40 PM
I'm 34 and pretty shy myself. I just try to overcome it by being prepared well ahead of time with potential things to talk about. If you can try to act upbeat and friendly the first time you meet someone, they're going to think you're always upbeat and happy and it becomes easier to be less shy around said person. One thing I cannot force myself to do is be all touchy feely like other people when they're flirting - arm touching and stuff like that. One thing you can do that lets you get physically closer to someone even if you're shy is pretending like wherever you're at is too loud so you lean in closer with your ear to hear what she has to say.

If you meet someone online, don't say a word about you being shy. If you tell her you're shy you're going to be more inclined to act shy when you finally meet because you've pre-emptively created that shyness comfort zone for yourself.

I think you're putting these women you like on too high of a pedestal. I think that's why you're too scared to apporoach them. You need to put in your mind that there are millions of fish in the sea, so who cares if she likes what you have to say or not. Talk to her like she's any other person.

Unfortunately for you, you're never going to get any of these beautiful women that you speak of because quite frankly, as long as you act shy like this they're out of your league. They'll always be out of your league unless you force yourself to overcome shyness.
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 9 (view)

too fast, too soon!
Posted: 11/15/2009 3:11:54 PM
Go to Hawaii by yourself. The day before you leave, change all the locks on your house.
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 21 (view)

All Advise needed
Posted: 11/15/2009 2:56:22 PM
OMG! I'm not even going to attempt to read 500-word sentences.
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 44 (view)

Whats it like being single over 30?
Posted: 11/13/2009 3:48:21 PM
I'm new to this "single" thing. My divorce will be final in just a couple months. We were together for 8 years. I'm 34 now. I've gone down the marriage road and two beautiful little girls because of it, so getting married again is not on my priority list. I'm not looking just for hook ups either, so I'm kind of in the middle in a small club. Most females are either looking to get married and start a family eventually, or just FWB. It's not easy finding someone in the middle club.

It's real nice, though, having a place to yourself. No more nagging, no more getting yelled at, I can wash the dishes when I feel like it, not make my bed, let the clothes pile up in the hamper, watch whatever I want on TV, and hang out with my buddies again.

On the other hand, the bed is always empty, there's no laughter in the house, and I don't get to play with toys anymore.

It has its plusses and minuses.

I'm at a prime age right now - 34. I can go out with a 24 year old or a 44 year old. Pretty much any woman older than me or my age I can get. I can get most 28-34 year olds, and some 27 and younger. I'm sure it will get harder as the years go by, so I've been combatting that by exercising or working out every day, usually twice. I have abs you could wash clothes on and still have all my hair. I have a few faint laugh lines, but that's because I smile all the damn time.

All in all, laugh is pretty good. I haven't been this happy in years.
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 6 (view)

Do you think less of lady if she has sex on first date?
Posted: 11/12/2009 11:27:20 PM
People still stuck in the 1950s make rules about not having sex on the first date. People comfortable with sexuality, when everything clicks, go for it. If I knew a girl was purposely holding out for dating #? (whatever their rules if for themselves) I would know straight up that they play games. If date #3 ends and nothing ahs heppened yet, you know you're with a high maintenance woman who has issues.
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 3 (view)

the guy who hangs back
Posted: 11/6/2009 4:57:45 PM
OP, so you're the guy that wants the woman to come up to him? Have fun waiting.
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 42 (view)

Men in their 30s...
Posted: 11/6/2009 4:41:33 PM
Where are these 21 year olds looking for men in their 30s? I'm tired of 50 year old women contacting me and telling me I'm sooooooo cute. Of course you think I'm cute, you weight like 300 pounds!
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 11 (view)

I am having trouble with this one.
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:33:38 AM
I went through almost he exact same thing when I first started looking for someone nice about a month ago. She replied to a CL ad I posted. We started emailing. Sometimes she would email less than an hour after I sent her one, like she was really interested. I waited after a week of emailing every day and then asked for her number. She gave it to me. I gave her my number in return so her caller ID would say it was me so she'd know it wasn't a salesperson or something. I didn't want to call and then she not answer. Well, that's exactly what happened. I left a message that I knew she was a busy girl working 12 hours a day, so maybe it would be best if she called me back instead of me trying again when she wasn't available. Nothing. So I moved on. Just like this site, there's plenty of fish (except none on this site want me lol).
 Proudtobearmy

How many people to contact
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:29:01 AM
I was wondering how many people you should contact per day when you sign up to a site like this. I know on this site there are a lot of old profiles, people just looking for buddies, and people just looking around out of curiosity, so replies are few and far between. But what about paysites where people are a little more serious about meeting someone? I just started out on one that starts with "M" and have limited it to 2 per day. I wouldn't want to email like 20 people and then all of a sudden have 10 people wanting to go out with me in the next month. Well, actually that was a a little bit of wishful thinking. I've sent out 2 per day for 3 days so far and have 0 responses, so the too many dates thing is not something I seem to have to worry about. Do you think 2 per day is a good pace, just in case a couple do respond? I'm not the kind of guy that wants to go out with a bunch of people at once. I paid for 30 days and don't want to have to pay again. Maybe I should up the ante a little, or is 2 good?
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 7 (view)

I'm getting NO luck
Posted: 11/1/2009 10:42:59 AM
I shook it up a bit... or a LOT lol. I think it may be a little too long, but I took all your advice and tried to spice it up. I tried to describe myself the best I could without writing an entire autobiography, so ones who contact me should be good matches. That is IF anyone contacts me.
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 5 (view)

I'm getting NO luck
Posted: 10/31/2009 2:25:48 PM
You all have good points. I appreciate that. I do want to clear up that I don't think I'm all that. What I do know is that I am attracted to women who share common interests with me. Staying in shape, eating healthy, and being active are all things I thoroughly enjoy. If you can show me an overweight woman who works out as much as me, eats as healthy as me, and is as active as I am, by all means lead the way. It's not the fat that I find unattractive. It's the lack of motivation and commitment their appearance presents.

I didn't think about that when I threw in the "fun" thing. I'm so used to seeing girls on this site talk about the "fun" they just want to have for now it makes me want to find this "fun" and se what it's all about. I figured I might as well join the club. It's like, well, if I'm not okay with all these girls having their "fun" I'm pretty much **** out of luck staying home another Saturday night. I really don't want to share myself with more than one person when I'm dating. I'm old fashioned like that. Heck, I may even be out-dated and expired.

Another problem is the perception civilians have of the military. Not everyone deploys for years at a time. I've been in almost 5 years and have never deployed. If my unit ever does deploy, it'll be 45 days tops. Every unit is different. Also, not everyone in the military is aggressive, abrasive, and rough. Just the few who screw up and make the news. We have to be polite to everyone we see because we represent more than ourselves. However, people still have this 70s and 80s perception of the Army, and perception is reality.

Again, thanks for the tips!
 Proudtobearmy

I'm getting NO luck
Posted: 10/31/2009 11:06:03 AM
I keep changing my profile trying to make it better without sounding like someone I'm not. I pretty much get no hits or responses to my messages. Once in a while I'll get something from someone old or overweight. You should be able to tell by my pics that I'm in good shape and that I wouldn't be interested in someone overweight. I know that sounds shallow, but oh well. I wouldn't match up well with someone overweight.
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 12 (view)

Making an Excuse to Party on Halloween - Roadblocks if any?
Posted: 10/31/2009 7:11:42 AM
Parties are not good places for first dates, especially if you're the host. There are going to be a ton of loud people, lots of loud music, too much alcohol to be cool and witty (as cool and witty as you think you are when you're drunk, you're NOT), and you'd have to ward off all your obnoxious friends when you're trying to talk to this new girl and try to keep them from telling her all your embarassing stories. If it's your party that you're throwing (like me) there's just too much going on to get to know anyone. Halloween party for first date = bad idea. Halloween party for 2nd date and beyond = good idea.
 Proudtobearmy
Msg: 2 (view)

My location has the WRONG STATE!
Posted: 10/28/2009 9:41:50 PM
Nevermind. Sorry.
 Proudtobearmy

My location has the WRONG STATE!
Posted: 10/28/2009 9:40:01 PM
My zip code is 23604, which is Fort Eustis, Virginia. My profile says Fort Eustis, ALABAMA. I can't figure out how to change it! Please someone help.

Show ALL Forums