Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Just want some common sense...
 inkyp
Msg: 11 (view)

Just want some common sense...
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:53:14 AM
With all the tools available to us to communicate there should be no reason for him to stop. Facebook, skype, twitter, and IM make it easy to stay up with someones life even across the world. I have a friend in France that I skype with all the time and know what going on in his life.

Common sense says: Throw him under the bus and if he survives and contacts you in the furture then you have not wasted all your time thinking about what could be.

What would happen if some hunk/humanitarian came along and you where thinking about goober instead of being present in the moment ready to accept what life is putting in front of you and you missed out? Kicking yourself in the ass later is really not that fun right!
 inkyp
Msg: 49 (view)

Do they really think this is ok to do?
Posted: 1/4/2010 12:37:33 PM
Oh, I like the fishing theme!

So this is what he really said:

So I went fishing the other day in my new assmaster boat with all the latest gear. I whipped out my new rod and reel, which is the best because I am picky about things I play with, and attached this real Purdy lure. I cast into the beautiful calm water and started to reel in quite slowly. I felt a tug, oh man I think I got one nibbling on my Purdy lure. I keep reeling when all of a sudden the tip of my pole went crazy. I got so excited being one of the first big mouths to be caught with all my new gear. I started to reel her in when I notice she was swimming towards my boat. WTF is this! No fighting or swimming away? As she got closer to the boat I notice how beautiful she was not to mention trophy size, hell she’ll be a state record I'll betcha! Now as she comes close I started to see that the lure was just hang'n on by the corner of her mouth. I could just see her mounted on my wall with all my friends being so jealous of this hot fish! She is now inches away from my boat and I know I don’t need to get my net out just because she swam towards me. I start to bend down to grab her when all of a sudden she goes hyper on me and starts to splash and twist around. Next thing I see is her tail swimming away!

Now would you be in here telling us this fish story wondering what you did wrong or would you be looking for someone to hand you a towel to wipe away the tears.

Too bad she was the only fish in the lake right?

Ok goober now take you assmaster back out and use a net next time!
 inkyp
Msg: 18 (view)

So he loves you but DOESN'T find you attractive! Cause for Concern?
Posted: 1/4/2010 11:32:50 AM
I would like to see a show of hands of those people out there that could have 1. frequent and good sex if they were NOT attracted to the other person.

This statement is also very ambiguous "We wouldn't be married if it was just due to attractiveness because I am sure you or I are not the most attractive person each other has ever dated"!

Let's break it down, (if it was just due to attractiveness) sounds like a statement of BEING ATTRACTED as ONE of the qualities.

It also has a generalization: (ever dated) now he is not the smartest person at MIT for saying this. We don't know if he was stoned or high on crack when he said this either. Did she have a gun pointed at his head wanting only the truth? Since we don't know the context in which it was said I cannot grasp what was meant.

Now if he was on top of her laying some pipe and said that, then yes she probably could come away with the "you think I am trailer trash now?" thought but he probably couldn't ride her the full 8 seconds after saying that.
 inkyp
Msg: 169 (view)

Why do so few men take part in yoga.?
Posted: 11/19/2009 3:58:27 PM

Yoga has saved my shoulders and back SO I COULD DO WEIGHT TRAINING!

Nothing more relaxing then an hour yoga class in the evening.
 inkyp
Msg: 11 (view)

Prolapsed Disc in Lumbar Spine - Has anyone had surgery?
Posted: 11/19/2009 3:51:26 PM
Yes, I had back surgery about 3 years ago. I had a disk explode at L-4 and herrinated at L-5. For 4 months I was on pain killers and Crown Royal and still could hardly walk without pain. After the surgery my surgon asked how I was walking with all the damage I had done. I went in on a Friday and was sent home on Saturday. After 5 months I was starting a workout routine. I now find that when I dont workout my back starts to bother me. I do yoga 3 times a week, run or aerobics 3 times a week and weight training 3 times a week.

My pain was gone 4 hours after surgery, well the back pain at least. I had a lot of cramping and spasms which did cause me pain but the more time after the surgery the less they became and now I only get them when I over train.

If the pain is always there and it takes your mental eneregy to not think about it, I would say get the surgery done. I did not realize how much I was thinking about not hurting or what my next move was so I would not hurt.

Good luck,

Inky

Show ALL Forums