Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The Sushi Thread
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 56 (view)

The Sushi Thread
Posted: 2/7/2008 4:35:34 AM
I can't remember the first time I tried it but I do remember that it wasn't the real deal. It was made with that fake crab meat and it was a disappointment. I mean it tasted ok but I thought hmmmmmmmm shouldn't there be some fish in here?

Anyways over the years I have tried various places and find that not all sushi is equal. Some places pack on the rice and give you just a smithering of the salmon or tuna and those places I usually tend to stay away from. However the other day while at home I remember seeing a menu that I almost threw out for sushi so I called and ordered the Spicy Maki Set with spicy tuna and salmon and all the other food stuff.

Talk about blown away. First of all it was inexpensive and they give you a lot of stuff and the rolls itself.......perfect, not a lot of rice and a nice fresh piece of salmon and tuna in each roll. The fish tasted like it came fresh from the sea. (I used to go fishing so I know fresh fish). It was so good. I'm not a fan of wasabi and usually eat sushi plain or with a lil Southwestern sauce (just a smidget) but this one.....all you needed were your chopsticks and you mouth, it was that good.

I'm actually craving it now just talking about it.....But ya sushi rocks and is healthy.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 363 (view)

Who Is going to be the next US President?
Posted: 2/6/2008 11:00:22 AM
I have to ask, is America ready for a black man or a woman to run the country.
Me being me and think nothing of it would say an automated YES!!!!!
But we live in a tricky world.
We always want change and we want to include and give equal rights to everybody and their mama but, can we back our talk with votes and put the right person for the job in the white house.

Speaking as a Canadian who only wishes someone good to sit in that oval office, it seems to me with the case of Obama and Clinton that this is a case of well He (Obama) is the right sex, wrong color and she (Clinton) is the right color, wrong genetalia.

It might come off as contrite and ignorant but I wasn't trying to be rude. I'm just saying over here in Toronto we know have black focused schools....I can bet Dr. King is rolling in his grave. You see we have come so far and yet we have so much further to go and that being said. I want to know if you believe that America is ready for this radical kind of change.....two minority powerhouse in the big white......a woman and a black man.

I guess we will have to stay tuned and see who comes out on top.

Kudos to both as I think they would both make great presidents
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 25 (view)

What resolutions do you plan on breaking first?
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:59:00 AM
Couple years ago I made a resolution to never make another resolution and that seemed to have served me well.
For 2008, I decided to give myself lil assignments like re-decorating my apartment, exploring Toronto in the summer time, buy a book once a month, see a movie every Tuesday, take more pictures of the lil things, take more walks etc.

I find that works better and there is no pressure if I haven't completed an assigment because there was no time limit.

The first resolution I normally break back in the day was the whole diet thing, that was before I realized that diets dont work. The second was studying more....haha ya right oh and the third most broken resolution by me back in the day....>SAVING....being a teenager or young adult, saving was like a thorn in my side.

Who saves....you work, you get paid and you spend it.....much to my parents' disappointment. Thank goodness I grew out of that.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 61 (view)

What foods are you allergic too?
Posted: 1/8/2008 1:15:49 PM
NONE- Thank goodness
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 63 (view)

Black-only schools
Posted: 1/5/2008 3:02:30 PM
It sounds like a black only school but other c hildren are more than welcome. I think the teachers, the majority would be black otherwise the school is open to any child who wishes to learn.

More focus would be placed on black history and the contributions that are made by blacks to society on a whole that is not included in regular texts. Why they choose to make it seem as if the school will only be for black kids baffle me, but I know that in school I would have loved to learn more about my roots in , the way I did about every other culture.

There was a couple town hall meetings on this issue, I wish more people had attended they would have realized this.

brownsugar1313
Msg: 132 (view)

asking to borrow money on first date
Posted: 1/1/2008 5:11:48 PM
Went on a date with a guy from here and he asked to borrow money......talk about turn off
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 40 (view)

What was your best Christmas gift this year?
Posted: 1/1/2008 9:30:00 AM
My best gift this year was getting to come home to Ottawa for the holidays....however after getting here I was sidelined with the flu.....yay me...Christmas day I had a fever so high I felt like I was gonna burn the sheets up.

Boxing day and the day after and the day after and up until Saturday I have been in bed, until I ended up in the ER on Saturday night because I got worse.

Finally today Jan. 01 I feel somewhat better with the exception of this pesky hacking cough and sore throat (leftovers from my flu) but the best part about being sick as a dog. I got to see all my friends who have been taking turns taking care of me.

So my best gift for 07 is sitting on my friend's counter.....half of Shoppers Drugmart's over the counter medication, not to mention half the medicine from Asia and all the health food stores you can find, all in the name of getting me better and healthy for 2008
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 14 (view)

Birchmount Party Pics & Kudos Dec. 14th
Posted: 12/15/2007 7:19:22 PM
You know my new year's resolution will be to show up to some of these events considering they are all so close to me....jeez

Looks like everyone had fun, awesome pics
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 15 (view)

Let it snow, let it snow...
Posted: 12/15/2007 6:55:44 PM
Back in Ottawa we charged 10 bucks a driveway when we were younger.
Good money when you'r 11-14 years old and it's freezing and no one wants to come out and shovel.
Let's just say we were never out of movie money that winter.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 45 (view)

interracial dating
Posted: 12/11/2007 7:08:18 AM
There is nothing more annoying or irritating to me than white guys who just want to try it out.
"IT" meaning being with a black girl so they can say ok been there so I know and then they get scared to want to be with you in public but in the bedroom they have no problems expressing themselves. Black women are not a fad!

That being said if you see someone and you like her and she happens to be black if you are attracted to her then ask her out. If it is something that starts of great, good but ask yourself. Are you comfortable being with her in public or will you be that type of guy to drop her hand or not be affectionate because people look at you? It's 2008 almost, I know but not everyone crossed over into the progressive land, sadly!

If you genuinely like someone in the end color doesn't matter but make sure that if you are pursuing a woman of color....any woman for that fact that you are doing it with the intention of being with her and not because you want to try "it" out!

Good luck
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 673 (view)

Is oral sex cheating?
Posted: 12/11/2007 6:49:45 AM
Oral sex is definitely cheating.......
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 30 (view)

Ladies ? How's Your Potty ?
Posted: 12/11/2007 6:35:47 AM
Women are absolute PIGS when it comes to public toilet. It really disgusts me the way they some women treat the washrooms. And it makes me wonder if they can keep a public facility like that what does their bathroom at home look like.

It really is sickening..........and completely NASTY. Once I walked into the washroom at a mall and somone fad feces all over the wall? What possesses someone to do that, I guess I will never know.

I refuse to use public washrooms, I'm notorious for holding it or using the men's room. Usually the men dont care that I'm in there....but those are extreme emergency situations.

Ya man.....women are NASTY nasty nasty nasty nasty pigs when it comes to that I agree most heartedly and it's so sad
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 18 (view)

All I want for Christmas is................
Posted: 12/11/2007 6:26:39 AM
I would normally say world peace, a cure for all diseases and ending hunger but since those are my wishes every year, this year I will be a lil selfish and wish for a nice big fat bonus from work so I can buy myself a digital camera and replace my sofa bed that I gave to a friend who needed it more than me and pay my gym membership for the next year. My living room is huge and seems empty without it.....................oh and a first class ticket to Ottawa to go see my friends and family on the train.

Uhm ya that's about it......that's not a lot................except now that I've written it out, I feel all guilty about wanting material things....lol go figure!!!!!

brownsugar1313
Msg: 27 (view)

Massive Nose Pimple, Would You Be Able to See Past It?
Posted: 12/10/2007 5:08:07 AM
I guess I'm different because I did meet a guy who had a huge pimple by his chin he was stressin over finals. it didnt bother me in the lease, we cracked jokes about our third wheel and went on our merry way.

I cant speak for other women but to me something so ordinary as a pimple should be seen as just that and not the deciding factor in a meeting. I'm not a superficial person so that stuff is like walkin down the street and seeing someone with braces, you just go with it.

It's a PIMPLE not a second head, third arm or a tail, jeez
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 2 (view)

How do you handle constructive critisism?
Posted: 12/9/2007 12:36:10 PM
How you handle critism in general says a lot about a person especially when they are under pressure. In many jobs I've had in the past I have always learned to bite my tongue, take the advice and run with it and a lot of the times the advice given actually improved whatever it was I was doing.

That being said, constructive critism is aimed to improve upon something you are doing, to elevate it and to take you to that next level. It also pushes you to look at something you are doing from another POV and to analayze it objectively as opposed to subjectively because you are the one doing it. When youa re able to step outside your box and look at things in a different light, you will be able to achieve greater success.

It also doesn't even have to be about work, constructive critism can range from every aspect of your life from professional to personal to spiritual etc. If someone is constructively critiquing your or something you are doing, you should be able to tell the difference. It's not demeaning or harsh. It comes off as helpful and suggestive but always open ended so you can finis it in the manner you see fit. In my opinion.

Critism of the let down variety, well that's just mean spirited and ignoring it can take you far. Of course that's better said than done as we all dont have thick skins.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 24 (view)

Why do all girls like to complain about how bad their parents are?
Posted: 12/9/2007 11:42:01 AM
Generalization my friend....not all girls complain about their parents. Then again you said "girl" as opposed to "women"

Maybe you should start dating women who have their lives together and not still hanging on the coat tails of mom and pops.

As for me, my parents are both cops. Then again so is more than half my family I had nothing to complain about except my friends at one point being intimidated. That aside my parents did what they had to do to get us where we are today and although it wasn't always peaches and cream. We can now look back and laugh our a$$es of about things in the past.

Back then they weren't funny, today they're a hoot 'n' holler
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 12/9/2007 11:33:14 AM
^^ I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Why should I cancel a date because a lil ole pimple decided to stop by and pay me a visit?

I think showing up with the big shiny zonker and being yourself goes a long way and if you name it you can definitely have more fun...lol (ok ok so maybe I'm the only one that does) besides if it turns into something serious, at least you get that part out of the way so the one day you wake up and Johnny or Susan is sitting on your face, your mate wont be gawking at you going.......what in the hell happened to you
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 231 (view)

Why are women so protective about their 'number' (of sexual partners)?
Posted: 12/9/2007 5:57:15 AM
m_church, ok call me daft but what exactly is your point?
You paraphrase me to say exactly what I said?

The point I am making is that it doesn't really matter how many people you've each been with focus on what you have now.

But Im confused as to what you singled out in my reply to say..............

Sex anytime of day past and present is ok, how many people you been with, who cares? how does that tie in with your relationship now?
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 561 (view)

would you date a stripper?
Posted: 12/8/2007 10:02:18 PM
Why not, I'm not going to not date someone because he chooses to provide a service to women or men.
That being said, I would like to think that he was stripping with a long term goal in mind, like paying off his college loans etc. earning his degree in something and not just for the sake of doing it.

If the dancing part is what he wants to do then I would encourage a broader medium (theatre for example) to showcase his skills, learn new ones and open up the possibilities that come along in the entertainment field.

But I wouldn't write someone off because of that. Drug dealing, Hustling (ie: stealing and selling stuff), hitman for hire, ok then we have a problem.

brownsugar1313
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2007 9:51:21 PM
Ah great I just got my friend Charlie on my nose again. I think because I switched face washes again......so I'm guessing I should hide away until Charlie goes away?

I'm thinking nah...me and Charlie been through a lot already and if you cant see past Charlie and see me then you're not worth my time.

Yes, I name my pimples if I get em....it makes me notice it less and they go away faster when ignored, but that's just me......and now Charlie for a couple days
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 226 (view)

Why are women so protective about their 'number' (of sexual partners)?
Posted: 12/8/2007 9:45:59 PM
I find it funny that women always seem to want to know how many girls their partners have been with but yet they become skittish around their answers for fear of being thought of as easy or whatever other derogatory names these men can think of.

In the end does it really matter how many people you've each been with? You are with each other now isn't that whats important?

What difference does a number make? And if it does then you never had a relationship to begin with.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 224 (view)

why are some woman afraid of admitting that they like sex?
Posted: 12/8/2007 9:35:23 PM
I LOVE sex, I am human and it feels good when done correctly. That being said admitting that I love the physical intimacy shared by two people does not mean it's an open invitation into my panties.

Now if a man feels that it is within his right to classify me as cheap or easy or any other derogatory names because I enjoy sex then frankly that's his burden to bare. I have no time for beating around the bush about who I am and how I see myself.

Some women are skittish about admitting the enjoy sex and they have their own reasons, but I say women have come way too far to still be stuck in a closet where they have to hide their sexual desires for fear of rejection or being called names by small minded arrogant and weak men.

We have suffered and still suffer through female circumcisions because some ignorant and egotistical men figure that we should not enjoy sex. We should lay on our backs, open our legs and let them die and go to heaven in a world of passion while we are robbed the chance to experience a sexual high.

Gimme a break already, I am a woman and one on the verge of 30 and I LOVE SEX and I dont care who are you and what you do or where you come from, I am saying it for the world to hear and for all the women who feel imprisoned within themselves and cant say it out loud and proud.

I LOVE SEX, I've said it and I've owned it and I will continue to explore my sexuality. It took a long time to get where I am in freely admitting it and so I take pride in saying it and encourage women to say it out loud.

I know a lot of these women out there are ladies on the streets and freaks in the sheets so might as well own that sexy
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 26 (view)

sex and spirituality
Posted: 12/8/2007 12:05:17 PM
Well just as we are about to hit that orgasm, people tend to hit that spiritual high and even the naysayers and the devil whorshippers and the atheists seem to call upon God.

"Oh God YES........OH MY GOD........Oh CHRIST, that's so good......HOLY Sh!t....."

Then of course the variation on the God bit......"OMG OMG OMG OMG......"

So I would say at some point of our lives we become spiritual through sex. Some more than others, but we've all been there.

I mean when was the last time you heard someone say, "Oh my Satan ....give it to me....oh ya Satan" I'm thinking probably never, unless ive been under my rock too long!
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 68 (view)

Are you threatened by Male Sex Toys?
Posted: 12/8/2007 11:54:50 AM
I dont feel threatened at all heck I say more men should get em and practice practice practice so they dont think sticking it in and out is actual techinique. That's called laziness.

Women have em so why not men too, I think more couples should try them out and spice up their sex lives a lil bit. Besides when you are away on that long business trip wouldn't a woman rather her man at home with his toys than out running around town with his friends picking up a walking STD.

On the real though.....I see nothing wrong with them, all hail to the confident men and their toys.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 65 (view)

Makeup and Natural Beauty
Posted: 12/8/2007 11:41:20 AM
I'm not going to disagree with you...when I go home to the islands to visit my skin changes completely.....so soft like a baby's skin....and my complexion evens out. The water is a lot different there also. I have no need for make up at all maybe some chapstick and I'm on my way. I dont even need lotion after taking a shower because my skin is so smooth. I dunno if the sun helps with keeping the moisture in, but I love going on vacation to warm places, my skin looks a lot healthier.

As soon as the plane lands...I can feel my skin changing, tightening, stretching and as soon as I wash it......we're back to ashy and splotchy.

Ah well...what can you do.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 64 (view)

Makeup and Natural Beauty
Posted: 12/8/2007 9:57:13 AM
Since migrating to Canada my pigmentation has gotten messed up to the tenth degree due to the different weather and natural stresses of assimilating to a new environment and culture. My coloring is all off and on any given day my skin looks splotchy especially in winter where I look ashen and pale. In the summer time my skin takes on a nice darker hew.

That being said I were makeup as I see the need. In the winter because I wear big bulky scarves and I hate brown makeup getting on it, I will avoid make up and chose lots of moisturizer.

I do as you can see by my profile pic wear makeup for special occassions but I do prefer to have my natural skin shine especially in summer. Winter is total chaos on my skin.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 111 (view)

Would you be suspicious if someone only gave you their cellphone number n not their home number??
Posted: 12/7/2007 5:26:36 AM
I give my cell number, if he has issues with that or makes major bones about it then tough cookies. My cell phone is a deflector. If he becomes too pushy or annoying I can choose to hang up or ignore the call. My home phone, sure I can block his number from calling but what's stopping him from using a public payphone, borrowing a friend's phone etc.

What choice would I have then to stop harassment, change my number?
That is if it ever came to that. Your home number is private it shouldn't be given out at at the drop of a bat just because someone is suspicious of you hiding something. If that is their first thought then they are not worth your time.

If we have been dating for a while and things are going well and we both agree that this is what we want then sure here is my home number, outside of that all potential dates and first or second dates get a cell #.

But that's just me!
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 102 (view)

Boyfriend is Accusing me of cheating
Posted: 12/7/2007 5:20:22 AM
I learned this from experience.......if he is accusing you of cheating then he has something to hide.
I remember being told that and I thought dumba$$ you just busted yourself and I was right and kicked his keester to the curb.

That's my case.....why some men do that is beyond me but if you know who you are and that you are faithful then ignore it and stay or drop him and leave. Either way that kind of behaviour gets old fast and can become mentally challenging or abusive over time.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 24 (view)

OK LADIES, SANTA NEEDS SOME IDEAS.
Posted: 12/7/2007 5:13:33 AM
Breakfast in bed, a single red rose ( or a flower she loves) and a leather bound journal to start recording the memories you will create from this point on
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 51 (view)

What do women think about crossdressers?
Posted: 12/7/2007 5:08:16 AM
We are all cross dressers when you think about it. How many times growing up did you wear your siblings clothing. Doesn't matter if it was a t-shirt or some shorts or sneakers whatever. At some point we all went there.

If you look in stores today you will find a wide range of clothes are becoming more and more asexual because the lines between men and women are becoming so blurred. Now women can enjoy the comforts of girl boxer shorts (no more wearing hubby's, you can have your own). Women wear "wife beaters" (undershirt), so do men. Women wear those golf looking shorts, well they have em for men too.

Growing up and being a tomboy I preferred male clothing because it alotted me the freedom to move around more and be comfortable. I also had four brothers so that helped a lot.

That being said, the only problem I have with cross dressers is the fact that I'm always competing with them for shoes. I am an 11 on a good day and a 12 on a bad day and a lot of the times living in Ottawa meant having to try and beat em to the stores for all the new arrivals. That aside, they are human beings and I respect them. And next to a very posh gay male, they do tell you honestly what looks good and what doesn't.

Cross dressing is not the end of the world, just be honest with someone before you get too deep in a relationship with them so they can adjust to the lifestyle.

brownsugar1313
Msg: 248 (view)

Men-does it bother you if a woman's legs are not shaved?
Posted: 12/6/2007 5:20:34 AM
In some cultures women dont shave their legs or arm pits or any other parts of their bodies and they are still attractive and sexy to their mate.

Women shaving their body hair wasn't awlays around, do you think back in the stone age the women were worried about a lil hair coming between her and her man. I highly doubt it. Shaving I think is a western thing and a lot of people adopted it because some men probably got bored and decided what else can we do to prove our machoness.

Shave woman and you will be considered a rarity, a precious diamond in the rough....hmmmmmmm ya...I'm thinkin out loud on that one.

All I can say is if I'm takin the time to shave my legs, you better be carrying yourself in pretty good form, meaning no stubble, trimmed under arm hair, trimmed pubes and not a forelorn looking bushmania that looks like it needs a lawn mower and some weed be gone.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 77 (view)

Golddiggers and paranoia
Posted: 12/6/2007 5:07:00 AM
Thank goodness I spent all my millions already couldn't have a guy dating me for my bank account

*On the real though, I might be money poor but I am filthy rich everywhere else it counts.

I dont need a man's money, I have two jobs for a reason. But I can certainly understand the paranoia that may come from having money and not knowing if someone is dating you for you or for your wallet.

The best thing to do in that case is date the person and not talk about finances. If you live in a house, go out in public places. Rent a motel room or something like that. Establish that the like factor is there or love if that's the case before you introduce money into the mix.

I have dated guys with money before and a lot of times it was them flaunting it for the world to see and that is the biggest turn off. I have also dated men who had money but chose to be more discreet, I knew about it but I still contributed and did things out of my pocket for us because I liked the person. Sometimes it's just that simple.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 52 (view)

So....what's wrong with you?
Posted: 12/5/2007 3:47:45 PM
What's wrong with me............hmmmmmmmm........I see dead people
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 2 (view)

Showtimes Dexter has anybody watch the second season yet?
Posted: 12/5/2007 3:45:40 PM
I started watching it when it first came on and for some reason I just couldn't get into it. I think I was still fresh off seeing the actor from Six Feet Under and couldn't place him in this new role.

I guess that can happen when you become used to an actor playing a certain role for so many years. It's hard to separate them. But so far this season looks like the underwater graveyard has been discovered. I might go back and see what lil mad Dexter is up to these days.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 7 (view)

A thread about Kevin Smith
Posted: 12/5/2007 3:42:13 PM
I am a fan and to my everlasting shame, I thought he was Canadian. He seems to have this love of the great white north. Thank goodness for Google. I was set straight.

I especially loved him when he guest starred on Degrassi: The next generation. He is a talented guy!
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 50 (view)

Your alone, do you decorate for Christmas?
Posted: 12/5/2007 3:39:21 PM
I think at this point in my life I am officially unoffendable, as for the Xmas bit.
I am guilty of doing it, but not because I want to be disrespectful or belittle the true meaning of the holiday but because frankly, the computer has ruined my vocabulary.

It's quick and easy to say Xmas, than having to type out Christmas sometimes, but I guess I can see how to some people it come off as rude.

Now back to the topic at hand.....do you or do you not decorate when you are alone for Christmas?
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 45 (view)

Your alone, do you decorate for Christmas?
Posted: 12/5/2007 11:16:10 AM
You know it's funny that I ran across this thread because I was just telling my mother how badly I wanted a chiristmas tree to which she asked the question, "Why do you need a tree, do you have kids?"

See now that bugged me because I LOVE Christmas and one of the best part was always decorating and hanging garlands and tinsels and lights etc. But because I live alone I should forego the entire experience?

Then I got to thinking well, you wont be home for Christmas anyways so does it really matter? Then I also think well, I remember being younger and my brothers and I would turn out all the house lights and just sit and be mesmorized by the light and the promises of things yet to come.

I remember one year my mom bought the singing lights and we had a ball.....so why now as an adult who lives alone, cant I do these things again?

I'm thinking I need to visit Crappy Tire and get some lights and darn everyone and their pre-conceived notions about decorating and Christmas!

Now there, I feel better...
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 8 (view)

Hockey Night at McGradie's
Posted: 12/5/2007 11:07:49 AM
Thanks for the invite Saucymare...I think I might just walk over.....sounds fun!
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 33 (view)

what song best describes your past relationship? Give some quotes if you can to back it up too!
Posted: 12/5/2007 10:26:14 AM
When I kicked my husband's sorry behind to the curb this song bellowed in my house as soon as the door closed. and I have been having the time of my life since:

"It's not right, but it's ok" by Whitney Houston

Friday night you and your boys went out to eat
Then they hung out,but you came home around three
Now if six of ya'll went out
Then four of you were really cheap
'Cause only two of you had dinner
I found your credit card receipt

It's not right but it's okay
I'm gonna make it anyway
Pack your bags up and leave
And don't you dare come
Running back to me

It's not right,but it's okay
I'm gonna make it anyway
Close the door behind you
Leave your key
I'd rather be alone than unhappy

Verse 2
I pack your bags so you can leave town for a week
The phone rings and then you look at me
(Why'd you turn and look at me)
You said it was one of your friends
Down on 54th Street
So why did 213 show up on your caller ID

I've been through all this before
So how could you think
That I would stand around
And take some more
Things are gonna change
'Cause I won't be your fool anymore
That's why you have to leave
So don't turn around to see my face
There's no more tears
Left here for you to see

Verse 3
Was it really worth you going out like that
See I'm moving on and I refuse to turn back
See all of this time I thought I had somebody
down for Dee (haha I had to put my name here)
It turns out you were making a fool of me.

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhh the best song
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 6 (view)

Hockey Night at McGradie's
Posted: 12/5/2007 10:14:54 AM
Funny thing, I live right up the street and pass this place everyday going to and from work. I finally ventured in last Friday night. They had a live band performing, it was great.....I sat up front with my friend.

Now I know it's the place to be with all you lovely POFers, I might just walk over and say hello
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 9 (view)

Plantains
Posted: 12/5/2007 9:57:53 AM
You can make porridge with plantains also. My mom made it for us when we were younger.

Plantain Porridge:

3 Green Plantains
¼ cup Half and Half (or Milk)
½ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
¼ cup Flour
4 tbsp. Sugar
5 cups Water
¼ tsp. Nutmeg (ground)
¼ tsp. Cinnamon (ground)
Vanilla Flavoring (3 drops)
Pinch Salt

Wash green plantains to remove dirt or foreign matter. Cut off the tips of each plantain and make an incision along the whole length of the banana. Slowly slide your thumb along the incision and remove the skin from the vegetable.

Chop the plantains into small pieces and place them into an electric blender. Add the flour and ½ cup water. Turn the selector to chop for about 2 minutes.

You have to try to make the plantain and flour mixture process in the blender until it is smooth.

Bring 4 ½ cups of water to boil in saucepan. Slowly add the mixture to the boiling water and stir the pot with a fork constantly for about 3 minutes. Remove lumps if there are any.

Let the plantain porridge simmer for about 15 minutes and then sweeten and flavor with condensed milk.

Blue Drawers:

2 cups Green Banana / Plantain (grated)
1 cup Sweet Potatoes (grated)
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 cup Brown Sugar
½ tsp. Salt
1 cup Flour
1 tsp. Vanilla Flavoring
4 tbsp. Raisins
2 tbsp. Cooking Oil
4” x 6” Aluminum Foil Sheets
Twine or Cord.

Note: This recipe calls for grated green bananas / plantains and sweet potatoes…please remove the skins from the vegetables before you grate them.

Use a large mixing bowl and add, the grated bananas, sweet potatoes, flour, baking powder, salt, and cooking oil. Use a wooden spoon to mix all the ingredients.

Warm the coconut milk on a low fire. Add the brown sugar and vanilla to the coconut milk and sweeten. Next, add the sweetened coconut milk to the rest of the ingredients and mix everything together until the batter is formed.

In the meantime bring water to boil in a saucepot.

Use the wooden spoon to add four to five spoonfuls of the batter to an aluminum sheet. Bring the two long sides of the sheet together to hold the batter in place. Fold them together to retain the batter inside. Fold the two ends of the sheet and tie the blue drawers with the twine, cut the excess twine.

This takes a little practice, so if you don’t get it at first, big deal. Do it again.

Repeat this process for the rest of the batter and then add all the blue drawers to the pot of boiling water. Let the pudding cook for about 45 minutes.

When the blue drawers are ready remove them from the boiling water and let them cool to room temperature.

Remove them from the aluminum sheets and serve as is or with ice cream. You can also eat them with a little honey and ground cinnamon.

Give those a try, we ate them all the time growing up in Jamaica.

brownsugar1313
Msg: 18 (view)

Why do I feel so worthless?
Posted: 12/5/2007 9:51:10 AM
Finish your education, it is most important. Don't rush moving out of mom and pop's just because you think it will score big with the ladies.

If you can save some money being at home then that's what you have to do and anyone who is interested in you will have to live with that or keep on keeping on by moving on.

Dont think of yourself as worthless, once you think it, then you become it. If you focus on the things that are important (ie: education, job opportunities) then all the chips will fall in to places.

Just be patient because sometimes the wait is SO worth it.

Good luck
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 26 (view)

is im busy just a line?
Posted: 12/5/2007 9:47:22 AM
I work in three high schools (located all over the GTA) during the week (Mon - Fri) and at a group home on the weekends. Sometimes I end up working all week and as far as Niagra Region on those weekends (Fri- Sun). For me "I'm busy" is not a line just a frank reality.

That being said I still take a lil time here and there to catch up on emails and with people I talk to on here, but I can imagine that some women use it as a line to maybe disuade someone from pursuing her because she is not interested and doesn't want to hurt their feelings.

Best thing is to keep your options open and get on with the living and loving and enjoying life. It's a big wide ocean...lots more fishes looking for that hook
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 108 (view)

Why won't you wear pantyhose?
Posted: 12/5/2007 9:39:53 AM
I love wearing pantyhose (only black ones) but I do hate the droopiness and the twisting and the holes and all that.

But I do feel sexy as heck especially when I wear my skirts in fall and winter.

In the summer time I'm allegeric to shoes, socks and pantyhose of anykind...barefeet or sandals only for this girl.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 29 (view)

What is sexy for women?
Posted: 12/5/2007 9:28:53 AM
Sexy on a man for me is always leaving something to the imagination but a killer smile that just knocks you into next week is always the way to start: To me a man in any of the forms below has got it going on as long as he keeps that smile and the twinkle in his eyes.

Right out of the shower in nothing but a towel and a smile.

Boxer briefs and a splash of Axe and a sexy grin

Track pants or sweats and a t-shirt and barefeet and oh yes, that irresitable afternoon shadow....love that pre-shaven face and a smile.

Nice fitting jeans or shorts with sandals and a t-shirt and a baseball cap and still that sexy grin

Nice, tailored suit hinting at all the pleasures beneath and yes once again that sexy smile
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 36 (view)

living out a fantasy ?
Posted: 12/4/2007 2:17:16 PM
It is completely healthy to have fantasies and sometimes if you can live them out WOW.
I have experienced a couple fantasies in real life and it was ALL that and more and I'm kicking around new ones to try out.

Why live it only in my head.....I have this one life to live so I want to pack as much living as I can into it because once I'm dead, I know I will be one miserable lil _______!

They'd prolly get sick of my whining and complaining and kick me out of heaven
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 12 (view)

Canadian vs. US shopping
Posted: 12/4/2007 5:03:06 AM
While I support the Canadian econony and try my best to do so all the time. It does become a lil hard especially when you see something you have just bought a lot cheaper across the border.

I remember back in the day before Walmart, I always always shopped at Zellers and Sears and all those Canadian companies. Walmart came in and they had really great prices and I figure Zellers would try to compete but nope, they kept their prices the same. I would price compare and Walmart nine times out of 10 has the item cheaper.

These days with the dollar the way it is I hear Walmart had chopped their prices. Well I was in recently and asked a cashier where they had lowered the prices as they seem the same to me, she rolled her eyes and gave a snort then kept scanning things. She had a line up and I guess her reaction was noticed by all, the entire line of people started howling.

In the end I will always try to support the Canadian economy but there are some items that I can find cheaper elsewhere and so I buy it at the cheaper price.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 40 (view)

Bed-time: When women wearing sex-clothes…..
Posted: 12/3/2007 2:26:37 PM
^^ I agree with you, sexy is a state of mind.
That being said I wear sexy lingere to bed all the time whether or not there is a man there.
I work hard and when I get paid I like to treat myself to nice frilly pretty things......so I reward myself.

If there's a man in the pic that's a bonus for him.
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 9 (view)

Why do guys always talk about other gurls infront of you?
Posted: 12/3/2007 2:17:55 PM
^^ I agree, some guys do feel comfortable enough to be able to discuss these things with a girl. However that being said, if the female is uncomfortable, then she should let him know.

No need to be rude about it either, just let him know you are not feeling the conversation or one better, divert the subject to safer areas.

:)
 brownsugar1313
Msg: 14 (view)

Oyster sauce???
Posted: 12/3/2007 1:39:51 PM
I LOVE Oyster sauce and use is it in a lot of Chinese cooking (I think I was Chinese in a former life.....I love cooking this stuff from scratch)
It adds an extra lil kick to chicken fried rice.

Show ALL Forums