Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Please review my profile
 anewchapter
Msg: 3 (view)

Please review my profile
Posted: 8/11/2008 3:35:10 PM
Yes, I agree with Sweet Lady Lori. There is no allusion at all in her profile to a search for a stepfather. She simply suggests that her children are important to her. I have no idea where the reviewer got that idea from. Sweet Lady Lori, I think your profile is fine as it is. You are already on 55 people's favorites list, while being located in a rural area. Your profile seems to do a good job of telling men who you are. Good luck in the hunt...

Steve
 anewchapter
Msg: 415 (view)

Would you leave him if he didn't go down on you?
Posted: 5/25/2008 4:16:23 AM
Posted By: jinxdgirl on 4/9/2008 1054 AM
Subject: Would you leave him if he didn't go down on you?
Message: no... if he doesn't like it... well he doesn't like it. and if that's the only reason to not be with him.... well that just sounds silly

I think if any man, young or older, refuses to go down on a woman, that is most likely the tip of the iceberg as far as their willingness and capability of pleasing a woman. That is a fairly basic expectation of conjugal pleasures, and over the course of a long-haul relationship that will lead to less and less reciprocation on his part.

I think part of the reason for your answer is that you are young and inexperienced when it comes to relationships. If a man has a hangup about putting his mouth or lips to a woman's vagina, I am sure the sex doesn't get better from there. I think the man or boy is taking a stand about their willingness to satisfy their partner and pleasuring their partner is not part of their ultimate aim. Additionally. I would think if they won't go down on a woman's p---y, other parts of the anatomy are equally forbidden fruit - and that seems like a lot to forgo, especially if you are looking forward to a relationship with a prospective future.

It is one thing for them to not know what they are doing - they can always learn. It is quite another thing if they refuse to participate in helping you achieve satisfaction - that is something they are saying they won't do...
 anewchapter
Msg: 53 (view)

Acceptable age range difference?
Posted: 5/8/2007 6:14:14 AM

Bottom line....If your looking for a successful long term relationship statistically you should date within you’re age group

Bottom line... it depends on what you are looking for... I am looking for someone that I have the same goals and interests in common with. That is, in my view, much more important than choosing someone because they are from the same age group. Few women, if any, in my age group have the same goals or interests as I do. I am a returning college student, I am 49, and although most of the students I go to school with are 20-23, I conversely want someone who has more life experience and most importantly, has thought about that experience and can articulate that. Hence, the desire for a woman several years older than 23. However, I would be wrong to preclude someone who is 23 because they may have common interests, values and goals with myself. So I would be a hypocrite to eschew them.

One of the biggest mistakes people make is to stick with their own age group, regardless of their common interests. It may be the reason why there are so few long-term relationships that succeed. It is a very simplistic notion that you should stick with someone from your own age group and certainly an accepted form of biggotry that is common in the U.S. The closest relationship I have ever had was with a woman 13 years younger than me, and she and I had more in common intellectually, emotionally and objectively than any other woman I've dated. I have for most of my life dated women that were either within my age range, give or take a few years north or south, and almost exclusively I have had very little in common with them, with the exception of our sexual drives or in some cases our socializing habits.

In respect to the other question regarding a 60 year old with a 20 year old, I have seen a number of women on various dating sites that are in their late 40's., 50's and in 1 or 2 cases, 60's who are sometimes hotter than their 20-year old counterparts, while I have seen other men and women in their 20's who might as well be in their 40's or 50's because they have not aged well.

Keep in mind, it is only the fad of the 20th and 21st centuries that people marry with others of their own age group and at the early age of their late teens and early 20's. So I really think that it is about who you are and how you have maintained yourself and most importantly about the commonality of interests and NOT commonality of age that should be the criteria for people to match up. This is just a modern pre-judgment (prejudice) of people on the outside looking in...
 anewchapter
Msg: 328 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2007 1:47:11 AM
"Going down on a woman. . .any woman. . .is totally GROSS. . .you women smell god-awful, you taste absolutely horrific and the smell is enough to make any man puke immediately plus the god-awful taste stays in our mouths forever and you can't get rid of it until we puke which is often because of your god-awful GROSS pussies

clean yourselves up and start taking a shower every once in a while is that so difficult to do????????????????????????????????????????

women and pussies are GROSS. . .makes me puke just thinking about it. . .god YUK"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't imagine that you've had too much experience with a woman with an attitude like that. I also can't imagine why you haven't been with clean woman. I think most women attend to their hygiene just as well as men, if not better. Yes, there are those that aren't particularly clean, but for you to have acquired your "tainted" attitude towards women and their vaginas, there has to be a bit more that you are not revealing...

I can't think of anything more beautiful or inviting than the sight and smell of a woman's ****... I used to coach men that if they wanted to get another hard-on after they had orgasmed they should go down on a woman and they will get hard immediately. If that doesn't work for you (and after your diatribe against women's pussies, it appears that it wouldn't) then you have obviously had some experiences that have left you in a very damaged way.

If seeing, smelling and tasting a woman's **** (a woman that practices regular hygiene) doesn't turn you on and make you want to use your lips and tongue to stimulate and please her beyond her own expectation, then you have missed out on one of the great experiences of man-woman relations...
 anewchapter
Msg: 327 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2007 1:22:28 AM
We're out there...
 anewchapter
Msg: 27 (view)

Click!
Posted: 12/28/2006 7:02:59 AM
hhmm - sounds like my last ex-girlfriend... everytime we got super close she would break up with me within a day or two... it was very confusing...

but yes, the click is awesome - although I haven't had that happen on a website in a long while...
 anewchapter
Msg: 1013 (view)

Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 12/27/2006 3:53:00 AM
Having done on-line dating off and on for nearly 10 years with very limited success I would have to say, I still don't know... I used to believe emphatically that you could fall in love with someone's soul (for which the internet and phone are the perfect forum) and yet having never met them in the flesh. I was probably being too idealistic and naive... Now I just think it is a starting point.

But it should be possible that the foundations that you have built through communication without presence could lead to or continue into love when you do meet and spend time together.
 anewchapter
Msg: 65 (view)

What do you think about a first date at the cemetery?
Posted: 5/31/2006 12:00:07 PM
What do you think about a first date at the cemetery?
Posted: 5/29/2006 857 PM
it could be worse he could have taken you to a pet cemetery . woof woof

I don't know if you realize it, but that is a rude thing to say to her...
 anewchapter
Msg: 16 (view)

intellectuality vs smart
Posted: 5/24/2006 7:45:51 AM
[question is... do you prefer someone who is intellectual??? or smart??]

Somehow this thread has gotten tangled with a lot of opinion that doesn't apply to the original question...

I think that many people (in general) can't distinguish between the two words and that has created a debate over a topic that is really part of the discussion. Being smart usually refers to "booksmart" - and yes they may be condescending but that is a personality issue and maybe even an ego issue - or "knowledgeable". Being intellectual refers to the ability to think deeply, which for most of us is assisted by learning and education. To be intellectual also refers to the ability to convey that thought to someone else, regardless of where they may be on the "receiving" end. If you have to simplify it to make understood, that is part of the challenge.

I prefer someone who is intellectual and capable of deep thought, because that sets them far apart from everyone else. We all probably have a Soul, but few people know how to find it, much less express it. The ability to dig down into the trappings of your feelings and share that with someone else and have them conversely respond to what you have shared, is a unique and fulfilling experience. It is a moment of connection with another human being that can't be replaced by "smalltalk" or "booksmarts" - that is just chatter...
 anewchapter
Msg: 12 (view)

for those that have no kids do you ever think you will?
Posted: 5/24/2006 6:15:44 AM
I agree that the age doesn't really matter. Most of it comes to having children when you are ready and when you can find a partner that is desirable to have children with - by that I mean being with a woman that you would want to be the mother of your children. I live on Long Island where it is fashionable for people to have children before they are 25 and as a former child photographer, I can only tell you that most of them should not have had children. The degree of family dysfunctionality is extremely high here and it was disconcerting to see so many parents fighting with each other and their children. Most of these people were probably too young to have children and did so either accidentally or because they thought they were supposed to.

I am 48 and I still want to and intend to have children. I don't think I am too old or will be - assuming that I continue to keep myself in shape. But I think it is entirely selfish for someone to have children when you are not ready to be a parent or to engage in a relationship with another, that is not built on mutual respect, admiration or friendship - these are life teaching qualities that are critical to the future success of the children. If the parents haven't acquired them yet, it is only for the parents benefit to bear kids.

If you are a male and only 34, I think you have plenty of time to find a willing and capable partner and will be better off for having waited until you did. So will your children...

Show ALL Forums