Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: 20/01/17 Over 40's Singles Disco - Near. Leicester & Loughborough
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 3 (view)

20/01/17 Over 40's Singles Disco - Near. Leicester & Loughborough
Posted: 1/17/2017 2:24:50 AM
Hi. I currently do not have a car. Is there anyone in Loughborough that would mind giving me a lift? Taxi's are a bit expensive!!! I
course I will contribute to mileage.
Thanks!!
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 6 (view)

LOUGHBOROUGH Leics CHRISTMAS EVE Singles Party!!
Posted: 12/22/2014 9:42:33 AM
nb. I will come along. Never have any events in Loughborough so sounds good
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 5 (view)

LOUGHBOROUGH Leics CHRISTMAS EVE Singles Party!!
Posted: 12/22/2014 9:40:04 AM
I would like to attend. Is it common for people just to come on their own?
Feel bit nervous as not attended event like this!
best wishes
Karen
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 103 (view)

Does Anyone Else Worry About Growing Old Alone???
Posted: 2/16/2013 6:27:52 PM
I am sure worry makes things worse.
I actually went out this evening and had a great time. Only one alcoholic drink and you can still have fun!
Sadly the men I have met on here make it pretty clear what they want..they are a little forward, making suggestions that just show no respect. If you just say you're happy to be friends, ping, they're gone.
Any ladies around the Loughborough area who would like to get out and about more let me know...we all need friends and we meet people through people. We have to use the internet but also still make the effort to get out and have fun. Life is too short.
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 105 (view)

Texting all the time, at our age?
Posted: 1/24/2013 3:48:37 AM
Thanks, I had a great converssation with a bloke last week. Well texting I should say..but it was very deep etc and we challenged each other. He called me out of the blue and we chatted more. (do not know why I am boring you with this story) Anyhow had good chat on a Friday. Saturday nothing. Get text saying he is wrong for me. Just because he worked for a rather well known financial institution and had money (which did put me OFF) he said he was genuine etc. So intelligent I get dumped by text, before meeting from supposely erudite bloke. eek
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 103 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2013 3:26:24 AM
I am so with you on this one.
Texts are fine..up to a point. ie say Hello, confirmation of meeting etc. However when it becomes ping pong text that is when I get frustrated. Emotions enter into it, pleople misunderstand and take things the wrong way. At one point I left my mobile at work for the weekend...hard inititally but I survived
Yup may be an age thing. People hide behind them too, dump you etc. Calling someone up to say sorry I am not interested may cost a few pence, but nothing in manners.
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 102 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2013 3:25:23 AM
I am so with you on this one.
Texts are fine..up to a point. ie say Hello, confirmation of meeting etc. However when it becomes ping pong text that is when I get frustrated. Emotions enter into it, pleople misunderstand and take things the wrong way. At one point I left my mobile at work for the weekend...hard inititally but I survived
Yup may be an age thing. People hide behind them too, dump you etc. Calling someone up to say sorry I am not interested may cost a few pence, but nothing in manners.
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 7 (view)

Never the right Chemistry
Posted: 1/20/2013 3:44:58 PM
I agree... but would it not be great to meet someone not on a site
I think it is so easy to get into contact with people..but what I can see happening is that instead of people having long lasting relationships.....I think they may be people will be with someone for a while...theyn they actually see a picture of someone elso they like........monogomy dead??
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 5 (view)

Never the right Chemistry
Posted: 1/20/2013 3:36:48 PM
Sorry to hear your story. In my experience you can think you are getting along. The think that does annoy me is texting me, I do think it only fair if that person doesn't want to see you again, at least be polite enough to phone

Unsure why she was complimenting you on your clothes....odd thing to say...]
This whole cyber dating is seriously doing my head in........it is exhausting...
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 178 (view)

HONEST Review of your profile here...
Posted: 9/8/2007 6:51:37 AM
Newbie here to - who is supposed to be reviewing who's profile.
By the way, how do you get rid of that rating (ie rate my picture thing). What's that all about lol
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 17 (view)

Why Is Internet Dating SO Hard!!
Posted: 4/21/2006 1:13:40 PM
mmmm

DATING = STRESS= HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 76 (view)

POF has the most beautiful women of any dating website.
Posted: 4/21/2006 1:05:12 PM
HOWEVER - PANTHER, I do need to ask you just one question..... in private???
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 75 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2006 1:04:35 PM
Well, no go, he (she) is a Gemini - don't go well with virgo's!!!

so I am right. although it tells you not to post pictures of animal (oooper ooh err again)
he/she has got a panther?????, can you change it to a border collie please???
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 74 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2006 1:02:00 PM
I'll just check him out!! Seems very sure of him?HER????self!!
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2006 12:50:13 PM
Well Panther - do tell!!
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2006 12:47:35 PM
Jeeeeez, that was my first thread and I didn't think anyone would reply.

Ok, few options.

1. Become a Nun (I am a convent girl anyway - and YES it's all true)
2. Just be happy on your own - I can do that now, once you stop searching, BANG 538 blokes come along.
3. Hard to focus on one person, because that ONE person could be dating/mailing another 10.

Oh I don't chuffin' know - a lesbian Nun that likes wine?? Yep I'm off to the convent see you there!!!

KazzyWazzBazz
aka Zany Girl
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 138 (view)

male shirtless photos
Posted: 4/21/2006 12:39:10 PM
cripes when you suddenly enter a comment on Page 23 of a thread you are thinking 'they've already said that, so I am going to be a complete dork and put a comment down!!
(sorry for repeating!!

Bare Torso - NO NO NO NO!!!!1

Why DO you do it guys??????? To me:

1. It's not you ie copied picture
2. You could be a wannabe model!
3. You just want sex.

Nah doesn't do it for me. A lovely face and twinkly, naughty eyes, now you are talking???
anyone out there fit the bill??

ZanyGirl
Msg: 72 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2006 12:26:18 PM
HOW do you know they are the real pictures???? I am sure there are plenty of models on this site.
What is beauty?? We all have different concepts anyway.
come on it's free. what make me laugh is that is states not to post animated pictures or pictures of animal (oh eerr) then I see loads of cats and cartoons - mmm weird.
Well I live in the UK so I must be!!
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 4/19/2006 1:43:13 AM
I like the 'have to kiss lots of toad's!! I think I can relate to that one!
 ZanyGirl
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 4/19/2006 1:13:22 AM
Hi, I have used internet dating on and off for about 2 years. Sometimes it is okay, other times I think the whole concept is back to front ie. two people thrown together yet really know nothing about it each other. The first date could be bad, but do you give each other the benefit of the doubt????
Everyone must admit that the first thing they look at is the photograph - again is this really right??
Oh bum, I've just given up on dating!!

Show ALL Forums