Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Here in BC, we passed Russia the Olympic Torch
 mcalgary
Msg: 6 (view)

Here in BC, we passed Russia the Olympic Torch
Posted: 3/20/2010 10:42:11 AM
doesn't anyone else get the whole point to this thread.

Is it not about the possible fight over the ownership of the Artctic??
 mcalgary
Msg: 4 (view)

Here in BC, we passed Russia the Olympic Torch
Posted: 3/18/2010 10:21:59 PM
BC, I am sorry to say, will probably not support what the rest of Canada will. We must submit our authority and build those ships so we can keep the North Canadian. The Deep see port must be built as well. Luckily Ontario and Alberta will support it and they are the key to political power in this country.
 mcalgary
Msg: 47 (view)

Imagine There Is No Religion
Posted: 3/18/2010 10:18:03 PM
^^^^

excellent post ki. Right on the mark.
 mcalgary
Msg: 3 (view)

Matt Cook No Suspension and Ovechkin is suspended...
Posted: 3/15/2010 10:28:01 PM
The difference being that what Matt Cooke did, under the current rules, was not an illegal hit. Was it totally stupid and should be illegal, of course. But they have to change the rules first before suspension for it.

Ovechkin is also a repeat offender, by the way, and he should have been suspended for it. The suspension should have been more though as he got a 2 game suspension already for a similar hit this year. But you cannot make your Best player sit for that long I guess.
 mcalgary
Msg: 21 (view)

Easter Bunny
Posted: 3/15/2010 10:13:44 PM

microwave peps, kids love to see that[/quote}

Lol. always a great time.
 mcalgary
Msg: 103 (view)

Do you eat farm salmon?
Posted: 3/15/2010 10:11:46 PM
must say that I do prefer wild though. Better taste.
 mcalgary
Msg: 102 (view)

Do you eat farm salmon?
Posted: 3/15/2010 10:10:29 PM
Yes, I do eat Farmed Salmon. mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy. Do hope the science improves so the pens can be closed off from the rest of the ocean though.
 mcalgary
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 3/15/2010 9:39:05 PM
secular humanism has grown out of religion. People who have become disolutioned with religion but still have compassion for others have brought this on.

The question would be would there be secular compassion if not for religion first??
 mcalgary
Msg: 95 (view)

Olympic Protest (APC)
Posted: 3/12/2010 9:39:18 PM
^^^^^

great points beyond. Also for the people that are complaining about The so called "Liberal's Olympics" remember that it was the NDP that started the ball rolling in supporting the initial bid.
 mcalgary

Selling of Olympic Uniforms
Posted: 3/9/2010 11:54:08 PM

Crazy people are still wearing the 88 Olympic outter clothing, heck crazy people are even wearing Sun Ice outter wear.

I am guilty on that front. Still have my jacket from volunteering in 88.

Just a note that Sun Ice made the jackets for CTV for these olympics too. They were quite nice.
 mcalgary
Msg: 215 (view)

Condoning Atheism.
Posted: 3/9/2010 11:49:19 PM

the acts of madmen are the direct result of a belief in God.

The suicide bombers killing in "god's name" are a direct result of a belief in god.

While this may be true, if there was no religion they would just find another reason to kill.

Humankind has always and will always find reasons to hate one another.
 mcalgary
Msg: 7 (view)

Telus or Shaw
Posted: 3/8/2010 4:23:35 PM
You forgot Global HD Channel 199. It is free as well.

Telus is fairly new so there are many glitches that a few friends of mine are having with it as well as the weird channel numbers like with Bell, and you have to sign a contract like you would with a cell phone. With Shaw no contract and a fairly competitive price. I bought my HD receiver for 199 at christmas and then bought a 1TB PVR add on for 149. I believe the receiver that you can add the PVR on to is now 249 but it is not Motorolla it is Pace.
 mcalgary
Msg: 31 (view)

What a Great Job Canada!!
Posted: 3/2/2010 10:05:21 AM
I thought it was very lame and I am sure Michael Buble was embarrased by it. The part with him singing was great but I really was expecting a much funnier poke at ourselves than we got. William Shatner was very good though.
 mcalgary
Msg: 33 (view)

swearing in public with children around
Posted: 3/2/2010 9:35:47 AM

The amount of energy and concern that are put into a few select words is absolutely absurd to me. The word "fvck" isn't going to kill anybody. Your kids hear it on the playground every day and they hear far more hateful and detrimental language on a regular basis but as long as the words are not of the four-letter variety, that's okay. So, so, silly.

I'll agree that adult discussions don't belong in a place that caters to children: park playground, Chuck E. Cheese, toy store. But for the most part, this is an adult world and when adults and children share the same public space, far more often it's the adults who will be inconvenienced by your children.

You cannot be serious in the above statement can you?? How many 3 to even 6 year olds are swearing on the playground?? If I heard it there I would say something just like I would anywhere else. We are not talking about 12 year olds here.

There are also many other people that are or would be offended by your potty mouths. There are elderly people that come from a time of personal respect for yourself and others. I don't think that too many people have a huge issue with the one swear that pops out. It is the constant every 3rd word swearing that people have a problem with.
 mcalgary
Msg: 87 (view)

Olympic Protest (APC)
Posted: 2/25/2010 5:22:22 PM

People do not make the choice of being homeless....people make the choice of feeling wanted and needed.

Sorry but that is definantly not the case. Many people are homeless not because of any choice they made, true. But they definanlty made poor choices that got them into that predicament. Some might have mental issues and cannot take care of themselves and should be in a place like Riverview not roaming the streets and being prayed upon by the drug dealers.

Many others are homeless because they are loners and hate "The Man". I am a transit driver and talk to many of these people and they choose to be homeless so the goverment cannot tell them what they can and cannot do and do not want any government handouts.

Homelessness will never be solved!!!!!! The more the government spends to just house these people the more that will come from across North America looking to be supported by the government. The DT Eastside Residents Association makes sure of this as they go out east and round up as many people as they can talk into coming out here as they can to they can justify their paychecks. This was told to me just a few days ago by a man who was asked to come out from Toronto as they needed more people for the world to see as homeless. He was not homeless at all but a person on Assistance in Ontario with a small apartment that was given a paid way out here to experience the Olympics and appear as homeless.
 mcalgary
Msg: 165 (view)

Condoning Atheism.
Posted: 2/24/2010 7:54:09 PM
Just one note about what would be missed if there was no organized religion.

1. The Billions of dollars that churches use for good causes like feeding, clothing and housing the homeless.

2. Counselling by the good pastors out there (yes, most are great not the few creeps the news trots out for ratings) on drugs, alchohol and sooo many other problems people may have. They do it for the good of the people not just to make a buck and get you to come back as many counsellors do.

3. Giving people a sense of morality and community for those who cannot find it or were never taught by their parents.

I could go on and on.

I am not saying that you have to find religion to get this but some people do. It doesn't do any harm for most churches or temples.

The extreme religious zealots out there are idiots but that does not speak to the vast majority of religious people out there, no matter what religion that may be.
 mcalgary
Msg: 17 (view)

Mission in Afghanistan
Posted: 2/24/2010 7:45:59 PM

So people like me that are anti-war and actually vocal have to keep hearing another debt-ridden battle or the rational for it. Aggression rarely if ever works. It tends to be a circular back and forth.

The only way that Pacifism works is if everyone is a pacifist. This has never been and will never be the case.

Sorry but there are times that war is warranted, like Afghanistan. Iraq was a stupid frivolous war but Afghanistan has it's purpose. Although I do agree with the beginnings of negotiations with the Taliban.

War does cost a lot of money and is a burden to our national finances but it is not even close to the burden that we would have if we continued to not try and stop Al Queda (no idea how to spell it sorry) and more attacks happen in our homelands.

And, once again, the US economy and our own are closely connected so no matter how anti US you want to be your job and mine are dependant, to some extent, to the health of the US economy. And as Litterally has said their military protects us also from foreign attacks.

How long do you think it would have taken the Soviets to take over Canada if we were not part of NATO??
 mcalgary
Msg: 27 (view)

single parents?
Posted: 2/24/2010 11:56:11 AM

In my experience, whether a man and woman are together or seperated, women do 80% of the child care.

Speak for yourself but I take my kids to school and pick them up. Make their dinner, do their laundry, help them with their homework. I know many fathers in the same situation and they all do at least 50% parenting and child care. Both parents work now so this has changed very quickly and is nowhere near the 80% marker.
 mcalgary
Msg: 26 (view)

single parents?
Posted: 2/24/2010 11:52:44 AM
Even in the 100% of the time parenting group there would be a huge disparity between the hardships one has to deal with. You may have parents that help out with raising your children or good friends. Should these people be dispaced from the single parent group too??

I am a parent with 50% custody but am proud to say I am a single parent.

Although, I may not have it as hard as you do I still have a right to say it.
 mcalgary
Msg: 13 (view)

Prediction of the West Coast going into the Pacific Ocean
Posted: 2/23/2010 4:33:21 PM

I think we should all be more concerned with our oceans and the likelihood that real catastrophe will be in the destruction of a eco system and habitat ...due to many reasons ..such as the annihilation and subsequent extinction of several key species that keep it all in balance ...

Species are created and destroyed constantly in the planet's history. If we lived 100 million years ago we would have been living in one land mass with dinosaurs and huge water beasts running around. If the climate had not changed and the plates were not in flux, we simply would not be here at all. If we do not get our act together in some means and control the number of human beings on this planet than nature will take it's course and get rid of humanity and start over again as it has in the past.

That is the number one problem for the environment, the number of people on this planet. We are going to reach critical mass soon.
 mcalgary
Msg: 83 (view)

Olympic Protest (APC)
Posted: 2/23/2010 4:22:15 PM

Taxes? Excuse me, but under Campbell's Socreds, income taxes have been cut over 20%, but sales taxes and medicare and other fees are taking a bigger part of the burden.

Even the penniless and those on welfare pay those. The GST/Carbon tax rebates are less than the cost ven for the poorest, and all the other fees save medicare are not means-tested.

The working poor pay more in flat or regressive taxes than progressive ones.

You do not pay GST/HST/PST on Food or housing so the only basic need you pay these taxes on is Clothing and cleaning products.

Consumption taxes work because you pay more taxes with the more money you spend. I am sorry but EVERYONE should be paying some tax. I am completely tired of making an OK amount of money, not qualifying for any kind of subsidy and seeing people making less money than I, have more disposable income than I do because they qualify for all kinds of tax breaks.

The rich do not pay enough taxes. No one will argue against this but the more they spend the more they pay too. With simple income taxes it is too easy to shelter that money and not pay taxes on it for the rich. I spreads out the tax burden to everyone not just the middle class.

If you make less than 20 000 dollars a year you are paying very little tax and very little in any sales taxes over the rebates given so the very poor are taken care of unless they CHOOSE to eat out everyday instead of buying groceries or waste their money.

Since the Liberals came to power my disposable income has gone up a lot more than my income has so I am thankful to them for that. Even if I pretty much disagree with almost everything else they do.
 mcalgary
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 2/23/2010 4:06:45 PM

Not a week ago, I was on a city bus (the Mercedes was in the shop...), and this girl was on her cell-phone right in front of me (and also a mother with her 3-4 year old daughter). She was pi$$ed about something, and swearing. I overlooked the first "F" bomb, but the second one, I poked her and said, "There's a little girl there." She gave me this odd look, but moved to the back o' the bus.

The single mother (no ring - I checked) was pretty hot, too...

Why wasn't she on my bus. lol.
 mcalgary
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 2/22/2010 8:38:09 PM
I am a transit driver and quite often the teens in the back of the bus are swearing up a storm when there are children in the front.

I quickly found out that if you ask them nicely to watch their language as their are children in the front they quickly cut it out but if you ask rudely they swear even more.

Most people are just totally oblivious to what is around them and when it is pointed out they fall in line.
 mcalgary
Msg: 10 (view)

Prediction of the West Coast going into the Pacific Ocean
Posted: 2/22/2010 8:15:52 PM
The earth is in constant flux when it comes to land covered by ocean and land that is not. Too think that we have any control over this is very naive. Of course I would leave. Calgary is a great place to live anyways. (even if it is not even close to the amazing land we live in.
 mcalgary
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 2/22/2010 8:09:07 PM
The world would be no different without religion. The people who crave power would still go on starting wars but would just have a different excuse to cover their crave for power.

John Lennon was an idealist but the world is real. Their are people that try to be good and their are people that will always crave for power and step on everyone as they try to climb the ladder. This has been, and will ALWAYS be the case.

Without religion laws still would have been created to keep the masses in line but compassion might have been lacking a bit more.
 mcalgary
Msg: 19 (view)

How do you react when you know you're right?
Posted: 2/22/2010 9:28:09 AM
If it is about something I can prove then I go right to the source to prove my point and usually if the other person know they are wrong it ends there but if it is about some kind of philisophical discussion I know when the other person is just not hearing what I am saying and end it and say I guess we will just both have differing opinions. I try not to be snobby about it but sometimes it just comes out, lol.
 mcalgary
Msg: 26 (view)

Swearing up a storm
Posted: 2/22/2010 9:24:32 AM
It really irritates me when people talk with every 3rd word as a swear. I mean do you really need to use the f word when saying how great something is.

It irritates me more when it is an adult. Teenagers swear because they are trying to be tough and need to grow up but adults should have better vocabularies.

If you are really mad and not at a child then swearing is just natural and lets you blow some of the steam off quicker.

Just my note for the day.
 mcalgary

Dating with Kids
Posted: 2/18/2010 10:58:37 AM

Did their profiles indicate they did not want children? Perhaps you also have a reading deficit?

Some people want children but do not want to date a guy who already has kids. I have met several people like this who say that they want to build their own family and not have any other children around or some people who don't want to have any more kids but would be happy to date a guy with kids.

Seeing that they want or do not want kids gives no indication whether they want to date a person with kids.

I think that a filter like this would be very usefull.
 mcalgary

Does the age or number of children
Posted: 2/18/2010 10:53:40 AM
I really doesn't matter to me. Some may want someone to only have time for them and a child may get in the way of that but I would never date someone like that.

There are many other factors that people would look at when it comes to feeling like they would have to be a parental figure like:
1. Is the father involved. If he is then that would make them feel less like you are looking for another parental figure.
2. How quickly you intoduce this child into the relationship. If you bring the child in too quickly these fears may come up.

Overall I haven't had any of these problems and the only people that have had an issue with my kids are a couple of people who wanted my total attention, all the time, and that annoyed me more than my kids did them.
 mcalgary
Msg: 7 (view)

Children Acting/Modeling
Posted: 2/18/2010 10:42:52 AM
For acting go to www.ubcp.com to get a list of reputable agents. That is the BC actors website.
You will have to get proper head shots done but can get them done far cheaper on your own then going through an agent. They will need some good professional acting classes but not too much as too (over) polished looks bad to many casting agents.
I worked in the film industry for 7 years and for the most part, if the production in union, children are treated very well. Just be sure you are always involved, although you don't want to be that stage parent that gets in the way.
 mcalgary
Msg: 81 (view)

Olympic Protest (APC)
Posted: 2/18/2010 10:38:37 AM

How much more are you willing to contribute on your personal tax bill to to end homelessness? Give us a dollar amount...for example $1000.

Waiting to hear what all you 'anti-olympics' criers will donate.

Waiting to hear what YOU will donate... and why you think this is a good idea (if you do). {/quote]

The problem is that these people have no income to tax so they will and cannot help pay. It is easy to demand things when you don't have to pay for it.
 mcalgary
Msg: 80 (view)

Olympic Protest (APC)
Posted: 2/18/2010 10:37:16 AM
The tactics of this group are not going to pull anyone to their side and, if anything, will hurt the positive economic impact the games should have going forward by showing Vancouver as a, NOT SAFE, place to visit.
Many of the APC members are also on the DTES residents association and have a vested interest in keeping the people of this area in poverty to justify their wages and bring down the people who actually want to help the area get out of this predicament. I was afraid of much worse from this group though and hope it is still not coming.

They should be taking advantage of the opportunities that these olympics should have brought forward for them (temp employment for example) and use it to bring the positive side of their agenda to help themselves, not make us go against them.
 mcalgary
Msg: 139 (view)

Toilet Paper Bigotry, Marriage Higher Levels and such
Posted: 2/16/2010 8:53:03 AM

A debate on the facts is not wrong it is what men and women should do. Fear of debating the facts is why it has taken so long to go WTF. There is no god I can say that. I can all so say the tails in the bible are BS. It is a debate on the issues. You can run but the truth will come out in the end.

The problem with trying to debate the validity of religion with facts is that there are very few facts to go on. The bible and the Koran are as someone else said story books. But are they story books based on facts and true accounts (although most christians should be able to admit exagerated accounts)?? It is impossible to really debate on whether or not there is a god as NO ONE has any facts one way or the other. So if you choose to take this as your reason to NOT believe than OK that is your opinion but someone else can take that same reasoning TO believe.

I haven't read too many posts with any facts in them just people calling each other stupid.
 mcalgary
Msg: 135 (view)

Toilet Paper Bigotry, Marriage Higher Levels and such
Posted: 2/13/2010 5:41:47 PM

It is funny to see the hate come out of the good christains when they get told that there is no go. I seldom see love coming out of them.

While I do agree with the above statement to some extent. It is just as sad to see the non believers throwing out the hate as well.
Whether there is a God or not, everyone is entitiled to their own opinion and no one has a right to tell the other they are wrong and try to make them feel stupid.
This is a topic that NO ONE can prove one way or another so stop the stupidity.
 mcalgary
Msg: 14 (view)

Joint custody and schedule
Posted: 2/13/2010 7:56:18 AM
I do the mid week split and it works well for us. The kids enjoy having equal time and they, and their friends always know where they will be on a given day. With the week on week off (which a friend of mine does with his kids) it can be confusing at times when they are trying to plan playdates or future events as to who has the children. If the kids are older week on/off would be my preference but since my daughter is only 7 the set days work way better.
 mcalgary

ARNOLD? TORCH? OLYMPICS? WTF
Posted: 2/11/2010 8:19:43 PM

I see matt Lauer, host of NBC's Today Show, also carried the torch today. Was Rick Mercer asked? I am thinking he is more well-known by Canadian television watchers than Matt Lauer. Or what about Don Cherry?

Let's remember who paid billions of dollars for the rights to show the games to the US. That is the bulk of the money that we are using to help with the costs of this so of course they would need someone from NBC to carry the torch. As for Arnold, I think that by having him here it generates even mreo buzz and can do nothing but good for this. Do we really have to be that anti-american. Someone from NBC also did it in China so it is not the first time.
 mcalgary
Msg: 121 (view)

Condoning Atheism.
Posted: 2/11/2010 8:09:44 PM
I have to say that after reading many of the above posts I just have to laugh a little.

You have some who look down on others who do not believe in god then others who go the other way and look down on those who do.

It is all up to the individuals involved to make up their own mind. It is not up to us to look down upon others as to what they believe. God will make his final judgement when the time comes and none of us have a right to belittle those who believe.

There is a reason that MOST of the worlds scientists are also of a faith, whatever that faith maybe and for those to make us feel like we are stupid for either following a religion or not to follow are both wrong.

As for saying you must believe in science only, that have always proven to be wrong as whatever is proven by one scientist is eventually dissproven by another. It may take centuries but as we as the human race learn more and evolve we learn new ways to look at things.

I choose to believe in Jesus Christ and do not look down on those who don't but do look down on those that choose the belittling of others to try and prove their point. (yes Sarah Palin in one of those but so are many of the anti religious people on here as well).

We live in a free thinking society so respect everyone and expose your children to as many different ways of thinking as you can so they can make up their OWN minds when they are old enough.
 mcalgary
Msg: 114 (view)

Legalization of Marijuana.
Posted: 2/2/2010 11:32:55 PM

Also, the Dutch didn't legalize, they just had more decriminalization---grow ops are still hit regularly

Exactly makes my point that the arguement that it would eliminate the criminal element is totally wrong. The Drug gangs would still be in full action.

Not saying you made that point but many others keep on trying it.
 mcalgary
Msg: 107 (view)

Posted: 2/2/2010 7:12:51 AM

Comparing countries that have fully decriminalized weed (like the Netherlands) have lower youth use rates, lower hard drug use rates, and lower levels of alcoholism...and more importantly their rate of increase relative to other countires has been far lower

While this may be true, the Netherlands does not rely on the United States for about 80% of it's exports and have millions upon millions of people, trucks and goods crossing over it's border with them everyday.
The US will not legalize pot and would put as through hell trying to cross the border if we did so we cannot. It is simple economics. Our economy would go to hell and the criminal element would still remain with the exporting of pot to the US (as most of what is grown here is exported there already).

The decriminalization of pot was a good thing and that is as far as we needed to go till the US is ready.
 mcalgary
Msg: 5 (view)

Don't tell me what to wear!@#$
Posted: 1/28/2010 10:07:13 PM
As to whether or not anyone has told me to wear something. It has happened many times, usually just telling me what they are wearing and to dress up or dress down. Never on any first dates though. Only when we were getting serious.
 mcalgary
Msg: 4 (view)

Don't tell me what to wear!@#$
Posted: 1/28/2010 10:05:13 PM
I would think it would depend on what date it is and where you may be going. I definantly wouldn't tell someone to dress "sexy". I would think it would be a bit slimy.
 mcalgary
Msg: 34 (view)

What kind of man turns his back on his child?
Posted: 1/28/2010 9:52:45 PM

i personally feel like were better off. and if the guy doesnt wanna be there for your baby...then its his loss. as long as the child knows you love it then thats all that matters. and im sure youll find someone who will be more than happy to be your childs daddy:)

Exactly right on this point. Move on and forget about this guy and focus on what is important and what you can control.
 mcalgary
Msg: 12 (view)

Mission in Afghanistan
Posted: 1/27/2010 10:42:10 PM

Those nations were totally defeated militarily and then a Marshall plan implemented. Not the same. We did not go there to give them democracy. Another factor is that two of them were European and had values similar to ours. Japan was very industrialized. Now we're trying to rebuild Iraq after having destroyed their infrastructure by precision bombing. Luckily, we have Hallibutron to rebuild the whole country a bit at a time instead of the whole country at once. The nukes in Japan broke the will of the Japanese people to resist. The will of the Iraqis and Afghanis has yet to be broken by any invader. That said we haven't tried nukes there yet so I guess one could hold out hope there.

I will add 2 more. Italy and Turkey(turkey after ww1). Now are you going to try and say Turkey has our values and common beliefs).

What is this about Iraq. It seems to be in all your answers. They are 2 completly different wars and we are not even involved in Iraq.

How about a terrorist being harboured in New Guinea masterminds a plan to topple the CN tower right into the Skydome and kill thousands of Canadians. The plan is a complete success. The said mastermind then tells everyone he planned it and has many more plans coming up. What do you think we should do?????????? I think you would want us to just let him blow up more. Right?? And I guess you also think that NATO obligations should be blown off by all our allies since trying to capture this idiot is just not important enough.

They would help us in a pinch and therefore we must do the same if it is in reaction to an attack. Once again. The United States was attacked my Osama. He was being harboured in Afghanistan. Iraq has nothing to do with any of this. There is no reason for anyone to try and block a pipline from Russia or a fmr republic of russia to India and Pakistan. No one will use nukes except maybe Osama if we don't find him. Tehre is no such thing as the JIMSBC he was joking. Stop confusing Iraq with Afghanistan no one questioned anything about attacking them it was unanimous. It was obvious. Any President (even the most pacifist person in the entire US) would have done it. The difference may have been that they wouldn'g have gotten distracted with Iraq and probably would have caught him. Get better Reasons.
 mcalgary
Msg: 33 (view)

PO'd about Proroguing Parliament?
Posted: 1/26/2010 1:08:38 PM

because there was no precedent for the GG to say no to his request

This is why the GG should be elected and not just appointed. Not to be given too much power but would allow them to have more authority to make decision about things like this.
 mcalgary
Msg: 9 (view)

Mission in Afghanistan
Posted: 1/26/2010 1:05:21 PM
I love it when the same people that are against our Afghan mission but are the first ones that were putting up posts condeming the Taliban and it's anti-woman practises, saying we must do something about it.

The bottom line is the Taliban were harbouring a leader who brought about an attack on one of our NATO allies. This automatically brings us into it, that is how alliances work. Old news.

We will never be totally rid of the Taliban but must we must try and keep them in control at least.
 mcalgary
Msg: 89 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2010 12:54:15 PM

The choices they put in front of themselves are a couple hours at the local pub sharing stories with a friend while ingesting an indeterminate amount of alcohol, or having a puff or two on a joint during the drive home. These people have decided that one or the other is the salve to what ails them.

Which one do you wish to encounter on your way home?

Realistically I don't think either should be driving, but personally I would much rather encounter a stoned driver than a drunk one!

Stoned drivers are just as dangerous as drunk drivers the difference being that drunk drivers drive without control and get over aggressive while Stoned drivers either fall asleep or are all over the road because they just don't care.

Both are STUPID.
 mcalgary
Msg: 132 (view)

is a deadbeat dad better then no dad at all?
Posted: 1/26/2010 11:17:22 AM

My daughter has a dead beat for a father and he makes her life worse by his coming and going.

I do think that if any parent is going to be involved it must be in, at least, some sort of regular basis. Coming and going confuses children way too much.
 mcalgary
Msg: 14 (view)

What kind of man turns his back on his child?
Posted: 1/26/2010 10:56:19 AM
Now this opens up an entire other can of worms but i have to say it anyways. Now, what if he wanted you guys to have the child but you wanted to get an abortion?? You would have just gotten the abortion because it is your body and he doesn't matter, right. So why does he have to stick around if you CHOOSE to have the child. He obviously did not want to be a father so if you tried to force him to stick around he would probably have been a lousy one anyways. You are probably better off without him. Now if there was a medical reason that you could not have an abortion than my response may be different but I think both people in making a child should have the same rights when it comes to abortion, not that any guy could force you to have one but he should be able to abdicate his rights as the father for the price of one.(in the first 3 months only).
 mcalgary
Msg: 143 (view)

I dressed nice, he wore a baseball hat and sneakers...
Posted: 1/26/2010 10:37:48 AM
I think she just wants to see that the other person is trying to make a good impression. She asked if they had Khaki's not a 3 piece suit.

I think that when you are meeting someone for the first time with the intention of possibly dating them that you put some effort into it. Jeans are OK with a half decent shirt I would think, but a ball cap. How old are we here?? Maybe these guys are looking for a hook-up and not someone to actually date?
 mcalgary
Msg: 32 (view)

Separation, how long is too long?
Posted: 1/26/2010 10:29:26 AM

Your the man of the relationship. Really it should be your responsibility to file.

What does being the man in the relationship have anything to do with who files?? You have no idea about either of their financial positions.

It does cost money but it is going to have to be dealt with sooner or later and if it gets nasty than it is going to cost you anyway, even if she files.

If you want to be divorced than you should file. She obviously is not going to do it any time soon.

Show ALL Forums