Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Personality summarized by one word
 DBerger04
Msg: 15 (view)

Personality summarized by one word
Posted: 10/19/2011 11:16:12 PM
Ursine (latin for Bear, kinda chill do my own thing, antagonize me and you may pay for it)
 DBerger04
Msg: 10 (view)

Re: God Fearing People
Posted: 10/19/2011 11:10:20 PM
depends on beliefs.

I had this talk with a friend a few months ago as I am struggling with my own beliefs.

He broke it down like this.

People fear god because they have too. If you truly believe in the Wrath of God events in the bible (the flood, soddum and Gomorrah (my spelling is awful on those)). At one point mankind did not fear god, and then god had to flex (bro) and show his will and that he is the absolute law.

People are god fearing because they use him to justify their every action. They honestly believe that if they sin to any degree they will spend eternity in hell. It also depends on your church/parish/preacher. Their was a time where the church used the fear of god to control people. The whole Hellfire and Brimstone teachings. Now it seems that more churches are really pushing the "god loves you know matter what, Jesus loves you) Its late but you can really look back at certain points of history, look at society, and look at the church (catholic).

I have digressed. As for modern day Joe Schmoe. It is a lot to do with their upbringing and ignorance (not a bad ignorance but some people literally don't question these types of things and just believe what they are told)
 DBerger04
Msg: 4 (view)

Whats your safe place?
Posted: 10/19/2011 11:02:14 PM
My car.

Ill roll up the windows and Argue my problems out with myself. I talk to myself a lot in my car. Ill drive around the state in a big circle if I have to and just get it all out. In all the rambling I usually stumble across some form of wisdom.

I used to go to the camp I worked at and sit at the waterfront and stare at the water. It was very tranquil and relaxing.
 DBerger04
Msg: 9 (view)

Should I keep talking to my ex??
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:56:36 PM
Their will be more. I used to believe that too. Since she is the first person you feel that really accepts you for you, you will always have feelings towards her.

Ending a friendship of that level is a hard thing to do, but if you don't you may wind up beating yourself up over this same conundrum for years to come.
 DBerger04
Msg: 1 (view)

Your favorite Date mishaps
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:51:40 PM
Lets here some peoples dating mishaps.

I will start.

I once slipped on my trucks running board slamming my shin and falling into a rain soaked parking lot right after my date got into the truck.

After a movie, I stretched and the movie theater chair broke (it was hilarious)

Forgetting just how slippery bowling shoes are

Only ones that stick out in my mind, lets hear yours!
 DBerger04
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 10/19/2011 10:31:48 PM
I went through the same thing a few years ago and I just ended it after being blown off. It shows a lack of respect when you really get down to it and do you want friends (male or female) who don't respect you?

Stay in touch but not weekly in touch, or just take a few months of no contact and hang with friends, maybe date some other ladies. Start a new hobby.
 DBerger04
Msg: 8 (view)

Should I Give Up?
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:26:21 PM
Don't give up, just take a break.

Hang with your bros. Or start a new hobby. They say you meet someone when you least expect it. We are all on this site for a basic reason, to find someone. A new hobby will ease your mind and you will make more friends.
 DBerger04
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 10/19/2011 10:23:14 PM
Your backup, If she knows she can always have you, she will just bounce around until she finds the person she really loves.

Your best bet is just to not talk to her again. It will be painful and hard at first, but in the course of your life you will not regret. Also depending on your life outlook, if it was meant to be it will be. Some people believe in that philosophy some people don't.

Don't play games either by trying to make her jealous, it never works out.
 DBerger04

Please help me with my profile.
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:17:23 PM
I would appreciate any advice on sprucing up the old resume. Lets face it, it really is a resume.

I think it may be a little too honest. Also any suggestions on pictures are also appreciated.

Thanks
 DBerger04
Msg: 7 (view)

How do I proceed?
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:01:49 PM
Thought the batcave was for Emotionally Distraught Boys and Elderly Men?

I agree with everyone else. Wait a week or 2 then message again, if nothing. Re-bait the hook and cast the line.
 DBerger04
Msg: 2 (view)

Out of sight, out of mind ...?
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:31:43 PM
Do you have any reason to return to where she is?

Maybe bring it up that you may be back visiting and then if she says "oh really, like oh my gosh, that's so awesome we should get together" then make plans to go home for the holidays.

Also chicks love that spontaneous crap where they want men to fly across the country on a whim to express their feelings. Unless your loaded financially this is risky.

Ask her if she would be adverse to a long term relationship. ****es love it when you are honest and open with them. Be prepared for rejection (have your drink of choice close by) and if you are shot down then be clear that you still want to be friends but things may get awkward for a while.

Take a shot, Lincoln did! You will never know if you don't act.

Bite the bullet, talk to her about, prepare for the best, plan for the worst.
 DBerger04

How could I possibly be getting this so wrong?
Posted: 9/26/2011 11:42:03 PM
Don't sweat it.

it happens a lot. Between the time she logged for bed and the time she woke up she could have gotten another message from someone else.

Women say they have it hard because of child birth and glass ceilings but its damn hard to make sure you aren't heading into a being stood up situation without coming across as a stalker werido.

(obviously that was a joke, I am sure those glass ceilings are much harder than they look)
 DBerger04

Unconventional Conversation Starters
Posted: 9/26/2011 11:29:27 PM
so by not liking ignorance and assuming rednecks are ignorant makes you not-ignorant how?

Maybe she meant gay as in you like it in the butt and not stupid.

Your message came off as insulting and demeaning, as this one should.
 DBerger04

One for the guys
Posted: 9/26/2011 11:27:17 PM
Here's a play out of my playbook

The first time you pick up a lady from her residence for a date, get out, open her door, go around let yourself in.

Then hit the power locks look at her and utter "you smell perdy"

Works like a charm.
 DBerger04
Msg: 5 (view)

Is there an opposite to the friend zone for Ladys
Posted: 12/14/2009 6:52:27 PM
first, Awesome name that made me LOL

Well you connect with a person you hang out and do things even just movies or go to a bar. I was raised you pay for the lady, that simple. It could be a girl I just met or someone I have known for years, its just the thing to do I guess. I tell them as soon as those feelings develope.

Back to my question, seems I got a bit of an answer out of deborah (god I butchered that I am sorry).
 DBerger04

Posted: 12/14/2009 6:29:01 PM
just another of my crazy theories I guess. I mildly disagree about the self-inflicted friend zone by not pursuing a relationship, but I also see your arguement.

For example, the last time I experienced the "zone." I was friends with a girl and we spent a lot of time together. We seemed to be on the same brain wave. When I started to have feelings for her I expressed them and I was told that I am awesome and a great friend but that shes not ready for a boyfriend but when she is, I would be her man. fast forward 9months, shes dating my now ex-friend.

I just wonder, if females get sick of getting close to someone they consider only a friend and having them develope a wanting of more.

And I am talking genuine feelings, not just lust or a need to get laid. That complicates things in my eyes if you aren't in a serious relationship.

However, I can see and have seen girls drop hints to guys and the guy just doens't pick up on them or does not have the self confidence to make the move when the time is right. I think it varies per event.
 DBerger04
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 12/14/2009 6:10:40 PM
more so the typical you start off as friends, you spend time together and do stuff. Guy developes stronger feelings, girl does not.

Do girls find it fustrating when they meet a good friend that the guy wants a relationship or has stronger feelings, in the same way that guys get fustrating when a girl they have feelings for tells them they are a great friend and person and feel lucky but when you tell them your feelings, they just want to be friends.

my purpose is self-enlightment, I am not going to try to step up my "game" because to me there is no "game" I hate being played and I do not do it to other people.
 DBerger04

Is there an opposite to the "friend zone" for Ladys
Posted: 12/14/2009 5:55:47 PM
I have sometime to think lately and being introverted and a man, my mind wanders to all corners of space and time. I got to thinking, after my latest experience and some of my friends, guys dread the "friend-zone" If you are not aware, it is a place in the relationship (in the dictionary meaning sense) where the comfort level is high enough that you truely trust this person and care about them and find there opinion worthy. Thats the short version.

My question is this: Are women/girls/ladys tired of meeting guys that want more? Guys complain about the friend-zone. Is there a crush zone where you realize this new friend that you do care about and like to spend time with wants to be more than just friends. Does it have the same effects as the friend-zone. If the feelings come to fruition and you are no longer as close does it bother you? Do you feel that every guy you meet just wants to have a relationship and doesn't want to remain just friends?

I am not trying to pry any secrets about females, just thinking outside the box, and trying to look at it from a different persons point of view.

I appologize for any grammatical and spelling errors. I tried but it is my kryptonite.
 DBerger04

Is it too much
Posted: 12/14/2009 5:41:30 PM
I get the feeling my profile is too much and comes across as a simple answer the questions format instead of something more informal and casual. It has been a while since I have written anything worth writing. I am aware of my terrible grammar and spelling. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also all my pics are paintball oriented I do not really have others, am I over doing it? Thanks again.
 DBerger04
Msg: 20 (view)

Aim and my phone number
Posted: 12/14/2009 5:34:41 PM
You are not being hacked it sounds like.

If you previously had a phone that did not have an AIM app or program built in. You may have set up AIMs settings to auto foward IMs to your phone. I have that set up still despite having a 3g phone. I occasionally still get IMs on my phone, despite never installing AIM for it.

I would not freak over it.

Top of AIM buddy list window:

Edit > Settings > Mobile > Check or Uncheck the options you want to enable/disable

I hope this helps and keeps the stress levels down and good luck with your new buddy.

Show ALL Forums