Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dare to be different POF - Removal of viewed me feature
 bigjim391
Msg: 14 (view)

Dare to be different POF - Removal of viewed me feature
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:39:19 AM
grandfathering existing members is a good idea . . .

since the reason you posted for removing free access to the Viewed Me section is to ultimately remove the advertising . . . you are slowly moving to a pay-site model . . . exactly the opposite of what got you where you are . . .

you could NEVER make the cash that you realize from your ads, by going to a user-pay site, . . . that reason is certainly a lotta bunk . . .

I also remember an article that said you made 20 million dollars that year from this site and the ads . . . bravo . . . I would never dun you for that . . .

when you started nickle and diming your users, I foresaw the demise of this website . . . and believe me . . . once you lose them, they will never be back!
 bigjim391
Msg: 73 (view)

“Viewed me” link on POF
Posted: 3/20/2008 9:21:07 AM
Excellent question/topic!

In reading the varied responses, I find it quite interesting how different people understand the WHO VIEWED ME function differently.

IMHO, if you look at it in its basic form, as some have already stated, WHO VIEWED ME is meaningless in and of itself. The act of VIEWING A PROFILE is not any overt or covert, or any other kind of, "message" to the profile owner. Since, the only way to see if you may be interested in a person is to click their pic or screenname link and read their profile, why would this act alone have any significance??

In my style, the act of adding a profile to my FAVORITES is an overt act of interest, by me, in the profile owner. If the profile owner interprets this act as intended by me, they then evaluate any interest on their own part in me by viewing my profile and then adding ME to their FAVORITES or, of course, perhaps sending me a message. If the interest is not mutual, they would move on, or in some cases, perhaps REMOVE ME from their WHO ADDED YOU list. This, of course, plainly sends the "I'm not interested" message, which many people, men or women, are reluctant to state outright.

My own personal style is to wait for the woman of interest to send me a message. For me, this tells me something about that woman, that I find attractive . . . she is aggressive. She goes for what she wants. This is the type of woman I am personally interested in . . . and I am certainly willing to take it from there.

I have read numerous opinions by others here asking why someone would add them to their favorites list, but not send a message. I say, they just DID send you a message. If you want to carry the interest to the next level, without being so bold as to initiate a message exchange, simply ADD THEM to YOUR favorites list. Now you have sent THEM a message back! That message is "The door is open" . . . !!

Many people here, men or women, do not have the time to answer personally, all the messages to them. Some may have the time, but choose not to send back " not interested" messages. These other techniques are "messages" in and of themselves, and are certainly worthy alternatives, should you wish to utilize them.
 bigjim391
Msg: 269 (view)

Are women scared off by harleys
Posted: 5/1/2007 10:10:19 PM

I give Harley Davidson tremendous credit for turning around a company and establishing themselves as the leading American motorcycle manufacturer.

There was a time when a Harley was considered a very low quality motorcycle. They were considered very unreliable. But with some serious engineering and alot of effort, HD pulled itself from the brink and now the bikes are very reliable and very high quality. Expensive, but good.

Harley also did a masterful job of marketing the lifestyle. With HOG groups all over the country and huge biker events (Daytona, anyone?), buying a Harley means to become part of a vibrant and active social community. Harley has actually managed to rescue motorcycling as a sport and social activity in this country. The Japanese manufacturers are clueless when it comes to marketing. All those guys can do is make Harley clones and ride the coattails of Harley in that market segment.

I would gladly debate this with you however, your entire post seems to be off -topic . . . "Are women scared off by harleys" . . .remember??

Ergo my response would be off topic . . . create a forum for this and I will be there my brother!!!
 bigjim391
Msg: 268 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2007 9:58:20 PM

Are men "scared" of women who ride?????

now there's a good thread!! . . .hehhehehehehheh
 bigjim391
Msg: 267 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2007 9:56:02 PM
it would seem this is not supported by your FORUM subject. You didn't say MOTORCYLES you said HARLEYS . . .

just a thought . . . no offense . . .
 bigjim391
Msg: 28 (view)

Ft. Lauderdale meetup nov 10th
Posted: 12/27/2006 11:18:27 PM
late post but I had a great time . . .

I surmise the vast majority of the people there, if not all, were POF . . as C's doesn't begin to roll until 11p . . . and well over a hundred . . .

Met a few very nice people, couple of rude ones(but hey they are everywhere - why should this be any diff??) . . . lernt many moons ago, cant please all of the people all of the time . .!

Wish I could find some of the nice ones online here but unfortunately, the pics here are often not that good and certainly not big enuff . . .

looking forward to the next meetup at Christophers . . . ideal place for it . . buffet food early is great . . . I will be first to sign up for next meetup . .

jim
 bigjim391
Msg: 3 (view)

Biketoberfest . . . anyone going??
Posted: 10/17/2006 8:43:55 PM
peace11967 . . . I will watching for your sick twisted sense of humor, k?

peace out@!
 bigjim391
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 10/17/2006 8:40:57 PM
Glad to see so many are gonna be there . . .

Here's my thoughts, see what ya think . .

Since it is really too late for any organized anything, I was thinking . . . there is an old gas station on Main Street right up from beach that was converted to a bar, looks like an old fashioned filling station where they used to service your car and pump your gas for ya( I read a lot!!) . . . great place . . cant remember the name, but I was there a couple years ago during bike week . . . gots a band, bars etc.(maybe someone here knows the name??)

Perhaps Sat nite say 9p, anyone that wants can show up there . . after dinner, after anything needs tending to . . . just informal, no pressure, meetup . . .

If you want, mention to the barmaid u r looking for any POF'rs around . . . after the first person tells her, she'll know where to direct any subsequent POF'rs . . .

You can also look for me if ya like . . . you cannot miss me 6 foot 6, w/m, wearing m/c shit no doubt, cutoff sleeves etc. I will also tell barmaid when I arrive to send people to me if they ask . . .

Just come ready to party and with a phone number for a cab or a designated driver cause nobody that parties around me can drive for days!!!!

jim
 bigjim391
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 10/16/2006 2:51:59 PM
Anyone going to Biketoberfest in Daytona?? May be there Sat 10/21/06 . . .

Perhaps an unofficial Meetup if enough fish are around??

Any comments???

Show ALL Forums