Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Haiti inages vs American obesity
 njtalker
Msg: 14 (view)

Haiti inages vs American obesity
Posted: 1/23/2010 1:04:17 PM
Hatians are just like Americans! I live among them and would like to officially give you the eyeroll on this comparison, of course they are going to pan out the thin 1's. They need help, so if you see a bunch of plump people on screen you think, "Oh, these people are fat, therefor unworthy of help!" Why dont they get off their fat buts and dig!

The hatians in my neighborhood are like any average American. They have small waists when they are young and blow up around their mid 20's.

I dont understand how someone can compare a poor starving nation to a rich nation with plenty of food. I think this comparison would be better done between thriving nations, like America and France is a good comparison to me!
 njtalker
Msg: 44 (view)

Fiddling while Haiti burns?
Posted: 1/23/2010 5:26:11 AM
The last time I checked this forum was called Fiddling Haiti, and it's an open forum!

I think you are ego tripping, I feel like Im talking to the bully in the neighborhood playground!
 njtalker
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 1/23/2010 4:14:50 AM
People are more upset with our televangelists and country than the corrupt government of haiti. You are trying to tell me, that our UN officers and doctors cannot walk among you with security, but your corrupt officials can just walk up to their crumbled palace with 1 or 2 men gaurding them.

You are trying to tell me, that I should give hundreds of dollars to that kind of madness. At least when Katrina hit Kanye West said George Bush does not like black people. At least, and George Bush and Fema didnt do anything but help, at a late time. It wasnt their fault that a huge hurrican hit! However, we gave Fema and George Bush hell! And here it is your corrupt government being the source of all your woes and they are able to walk around free and unchallenged. While you curse our televangelists and charity workers that are trying to get help to you. Oh no, something is wrong!
 njtalker
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2010 11:14:46 AM
The reality of the world is 4.6 bilion people live below mexicos poverty line. Should we allow every last resident to come to this country, or can we help every last 1, no! Are there enough resources and manpower to help every last 1, yes! However, the truly rich own it and they do not want to share....LOL!
 njtalker
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 1/19/2010 11:16:08 AM
How is America to blame again? Haiti has a government too! Just sayin!
 njtalker
Msg: 73 (view)

You paid how much for that?
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:55:57 PM
You lack understanding of economics! People that spend like that, have to. It is called fueling the economy. If a man is a millionaire he fuels the economy by buying expensive items. Rather than buy 500 pens for a dollar. He buys 1 gold pen that costs 500 hundred dollars. He feels good about it because he knows that no one else will have it so, it's called self actualization. The economy gets his 500 hundred dollars.
 njtalker
Msg: 52 (view)

BF not as attracted because of my weight
Posted: 1/9/2010 5:36:37 PM
Yeah, my sister she was a size 10, now she is like a size 5-4. I dont know about here saggy skin, because I have not seen her stomach lately. I do know that she dances in costumes and lingerie! Instead of the normal bra and panties or simple 2 pieces now!

ALso, you might consider that along with your figure changing, your attitude might have changed too! The number 1 thing about people changing their appearance is a change in their attitude. I remember a show on fox called the swan, it will never fail. Every last woman that came on that show and got plastic surgery done and was retransformed from unatractive to atractive, all got divorces by the time they had the reunion update. EIther their spouse divorced them, or they divorced their spouse.

SIde note: Even if he is disinterested in you physically now, most men are visual so, it works boths way. If you were like super thin and gained 25, he would of probably felt the same way!
However, after reading most of your posts, it probably was your attitude, i mean you are 65 pounds overweight! You lost 25 and you make it seem like the holy grail. Im just saying!
 njtalker
Msg: 40 (view)

BF not as attracted because of my weight
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:21:47 PM
It's you flabby skin that is turning him off! The same thing happened to my sister. She lost 30 pounds and now has saggy skin. Now she is worried about the skin, and feels inadequate exotic dancing now!
 njtalker
Msg: 68 (view)

Obama Administration lies about jobs created or saved.
Posted: 1/7/2010 3:53:06 PM
^^^The thing is that is not what happens! The average millionaire and billionaire in todays economy does not spend money in the USA. They prefer to spend their money overseas, where there dollar will go further and they live on a tight budget along with running their businesses in a way that they recieve almost 90 percent profit. You think poor people like free stuff, try someone that is well to do. That is why they are well to do!

Ive seen people earn thousands of dollars and transfer all of their money to overseas accounts. That is why the poster above you, made the joke that it works in China, it works in China, because they sell to us and take all the money back home.

On the other hand the European Union which was created to avoid those type of economic failures dont play that sh@t! You sell to them, you better buy from them, and employ their people at a wage they set too!
 njtalker
Msg: 66 (view)

Posted: 1/5/2010 7:51:08 AM
You guys have to stop believing that the trickle down theory will work! I mean a man makes a billion dollars, but only spends a million doing it. It's good business, but not good economics.
 njtalker
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 12/11/2009 12:02:30 PM
1 more thing, now they dont need you anymore these companies made their bucks. They are slowly leaving our shores for brighter horizions. The CEO of ford was on meeting of the minds, he told a young American student to stop going to wall street in hopes of striking it rich! He also told everyone in the audience do something you love! Plan and simple, that is his advice, stop looking towards wealth! When this market collapsed rokefeller brought up all the rail road stations! The country is preparing their trops for martial law, they anticipatea shortage of food supply. Food supply is alredy at a shortage from last year! That is why there is not that much on your pantries at the grocery store! Wake up eyes wide shut stnly kubrick, he was 75, when he made that movie!
 njtalker
Msg: 61 (view)

Posted: 12/11/2009 11:38:11 AM
Labor is overpriced, but Americans traditionally pays more fo their good and services. In that is the reality, that we were being paid top dollar for our services, while companies where switching their products overseass. Most corporations will tell a story of I can compete, because the labor costs, however for companies that already have over priced clothing and goods. These are the same companies that manufacture their products in plants that do side by side assembly of products that are a sometimes less than 20 percent of the cost of their products.

Case in point a jean manufactuere that sells his jeans for 750 or 250 dollars. His jeans are manufactured in a side by side in a plant that assembled 75 to 30 dollars jeans. In many cases using the same materials, with just the brand name being different. Can the person that is selling their jeans for 750 or 250 afford to assemble their jeans in America and still make a profit? yes! Will they do that? No! The person that is selling the 30 dollar jeans are they able to manufacture in Us, yes, but only if they change the price of the jeans. The price of the jeans would have to go up 25%, would Americans be willing to pay maybe. However, they might look over those pair to get the cheaper pair of same quality. How much longer can we do that?

When people wake up to realize that the corporations do not care about us, and unless we go to our assembly meetins and our political rallies. Unless we learn every branch of the legislation and hold each one accountable. They do whatever the heck they want, fueled by the dollars of corporations that do not care anything about us. Look up Manpower online, it's the largest contract agency in the US and 1 of the oldest 1's. They have said that Americans need to go overseas to find employment. Wakeup people the dream is dying! FOr all those people that talks about how great this country is, mention a time this country has not been in war! The idea of that is scary!

Lookup Iran contra and reagan was involved in drug dealing through the CiA, he was the first person to tell you that greed is good! No, it's not! This is the result of greed, a moral business man would say, well you know i only paid 15 dollars to have this assmembled so, it is kind of criminal but I will charge you 45 dollars. He would be only too hapy to get 3 times the amount. However, todays business man is charging 100 times the amount of the 15. Also, reasearch bohemenian grove and research Stanly Kubrick film eyes wide shut he died 3 days after finishing the movi, however it already finshed him in the business industry, no one wanted to touch him, and mk ultra which was a program instituted by the government! you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the times! For those of you that think minorty this, and foreign that, go to Russia and most of these eatern european countries where there isnt a minorty in sight like Poland. Ask them about minorties and government! 1 has nothing to do with the other I assure you!
 njtalker
Msg: 60 (view)

Posted: 12/11/2009 2:33:33 AM
You people are the best! How quick you blame foreigners, minoroties or muslims. Well I have 1 thing to tell you, you are the government!
Yes, you everyone of youm so as long as you dont attend tour city council meetings or your respective political party rallies! Continue to watch television andget your news from broadcasters that have an agend in reporting. Point the finger because 3 points right back at you!

Show ALL Forums